Patch 1.127 Update and Upcoming Hot Fix Discussion

Comments

• I would also a choice of music on my flute I would like to play enter the sandman or anything by Barry manilow as I start mezzing not too much to ask
  • Samhayn wrote: »
    I'm just saying it would be nice to have wardens melee styles also gone over and be brought more inline with that design philosophy. Is that really a big ask?

Bards too, right? Can't be a jack of all trades class without a viable weapon spec!
  • null
    I dont know bards that well but if broadsword decides to revamp Wardens weapon lines and also apply changes to bards weapon lines too it's no skin off my nose.

I know battle bard used to be a thing but I dont knowing people still go out and solo that away.

From what I can find Ministral also lack effects and procs on thier weapon lines.

I'm all for hybrids getting a modernization pass on their weapon skill lines. Even if I dont play that class.
  • Lol, ok now
  • Dual wield minstrel, wardens with celtic spear, Bards that do melee dps like a tank, man these are great things.

on a serious note, I think your argument isn't really valid @Samhayn because you are doing it upside down. Instead of proposing change to solve a problem, you just looked at all other hybrids seeing how they can dual wield and then asked yourself why wardens couldn't. But wardens are perfectly fine where they're at right now. The only counter argument to that is that you say the styles that boost their dps a lot take too much endo... on the class that probably has the best endo consumption/regen in the game.
  • I smoked before reading the thread this time, still doesn't make sense.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Af debuffing and ML/prismatic blade spamming maybe fine to you but it's not Fun, I also didnt ask for duel weild. I have said repeatedly that 2h was spit balling. I have pretty much said that you can look at the lines and compare them to others and see the diffrence, instead of putting all the melee lines damage in 1 af debuff it could be spread out amongst other things.

Someone asked about bards, I said if broadsword wants to up date thier melee it doesnt bother me, same with minstrels.

You can change the lines and make the styles more meaningful and fun with out turning the classes into omg lol tank damage classes like you guys keep trying to imply I'm asking for.

But we can just agree to disagree on this, it's not anything new when it comes to talking about wardens. I mean people have been saying they are fine since medium shields, no shield spec and 1.5 spec points.
  • I said dual wield I meant 2H
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Samhayn wrote: »
    Af debuffing and ML/prismatic blade spamming maybe fine to you but it's not Fun, I also didnt ask for duel weild. I have said repeatedly that 2h was spit balling. I have pretty much said that you can look at the lines and compare them to others and see the diffrence, instead of putting all the melee lines damage in 1 af debuff it could be spread out amongst other things.

Someone asked about bards, I said if broadsword wants to up date thier melee it doesnt bother me, same with minstrels.

You can change the lines and make the styles more meaningful and fun with out turning the classes into omg lol tank damage classes like you guys keep trying to imply I'm asking for.

But we can just agree to disagree on this, it's not anything new when it comes to talking about wardens. I mean people have been saying they are fine since medium shields, no shield spec and 1.5 spec points.

You're posting on the wrong forum, this isn't a free shard forum. Wardens have shield spec here.

Explains why the ideas are so ludicrous, asking for such crazy custom-server changes.

Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • null
    Maybe you shouldn't have smoked before reading this thread and you would have been able to comprehend that the sentence clearly states that people saying wardens are fine has been a staple of the class since this game was released.
  • Samhayn wrote: »

Samhayn wrote: »
    null
    Maybe you shouldn't have smoked before reading this thread and you would have been able to comprehend that the sentence clearly states that people saying wardens are fine has been a staple of the class since this game was released.

I might have smoked, but at least I'm posting on the right forum.
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    You have smoked so much that you invent strawman arguments automatically.

No one asked for bards to be able to hit like a tank. Only that maybe they should be able to use their weapons and not lose chants. They still hit like a wet noodle.

Warden with 44 Blade, 380 Str, and after the 50% abs debuff still hit for under 100 damage. I just tested it. So please, again, blow smoke up my bum and explain how wardens can do damage.

If Wardens had Celtic Spear we might actually be able to hit for 150!! Wow, the power.
    Post edited by Hawkwynd on
  • Fake quotes, what a troll :D Send in the SS of your testing rofl
  • Probably using Traitor's Dagger trying to relive the glory days of Monster.
  • Can we get a few screenshots of the artwork for the update atleast.

Please.

@John_Broadsword
  • Please pay no attention to Hawkwynd's thoughts on bolt casters. He clearly has no idea how they work
  • @Kelly I think you can extend that comment to every single thing he said
  • Lotion wrote: »
    Can we get a few screenshots of the artwork for the update atleast.

Please.

Apparently you haven't seen the "artwork" for the Mith masks (terrible).

I'm not expecting much of an update per say, but at least some new options. My guess is much like Path of Exile there will be Mith only items available for purchase that you can use to decorate your house. Possibly even some upgrades for the Vaults with more room etc available via Mith as well.
  • Kelly wrote: »
    Please pay no attention to Hawkwynd's thoughts on bolt casters. He clearly has no idea how they work

As I know the original developer who wrote the code for bolts, I think I may know a bit more about them then you think you do. They are a hodgepodge of melee and spell code long before the archery spell damage melee system came into play, which is a much better way of doing the same thing. But, by all means, go into specifics ... if you can.
    Shoke wrote: »
    @Kelly I think you can extend that comment to every single thing he said
    Same goes for your Shoke, you avoid any specifics and make broad claims that I can spec and prove false over and over again. Either provide details or go troll somewhere else.
  • Being able to melee and keep songs up is what makes the skald unique. Ya it would be nice if all were like that but the the skald would not be unique anymore.
  • As paying customer, I would like to see the removal of RVR restrictions on EC accounts. buff and ranks make a big difference in rvr fights, and rvr is what people log in for. and returning players in EC are mostly experienced, high- rank people.
    happy to have restrictions in place for pve and non-critical rvr things, such as the possibility to use siege equipment, but everything else that makes a char competitive in a fight should be unlocked, including the possibility to use supremacy pots, use all RA points.
  • I would Focus on the Quality of Life Aspects for the Paying Customer, like Stackable Potions or Useable Stacks - unstacking those OW Clippings is Anoying. I would pay for that.
  • Rofl opening 100 astral shards at one time is a nightmare
  • Hawkwynd wrote: »
    Kelly wrote: »
    Please pay no attention to Hawkwynd's thoughts on bolt casters. He clearly has no idea how they work

As I know the original developer who wrote the code for bolts, I think I may know a bit more about them then you think you do. They are a hodgepodge of melee and spell code long before the archery spell damage melee system came into play, which is a much better way of doing the same thing. But, by all means, go into specifics ... if you can.
    @Kelly I think you can extend that comment to every single thing he said
    Same goes for your Shoke, you avoid any specifics and make broad claims that I can spec and prove false over and over again. Either provide details or go troll somewhere else.

Uh-huh. You didn't write the code, did you?
    Making bolts a 5.0 sec cast would completely negate bolts. Bolt spells would be unusable. The only reason why archers can use shots with draw times as long as some are is because they can fire from stealth. Cloth casters have no such ability and standing in the open for 5 seconds (delve) would be death for any bolt caster, even those blasted necros. yes, I know it wouldn't actually be 5 seconds but with archers having greater range and a myriad of instas on mid and albion it would simply take too long to cast. Bolts are not OP the way they are, they're a curiosity at best and the only reason anyone cares is because they can be effective with the right player..... 1 enemy at a time.
  • edited May 2020 PM
    Minstrel aoe mez cast time reduction please in line with other class mez timers 2.5 or at best 3 sec would be acceptable.
    Can we look at giving reavers the group melee damage conversion that both hib enchanters and thane on mid.
    Again not to much to ask and inline with the other realms.
    Post edited by Brut on
  • Less restrictions on free play and more bonuses for paid accounts. Free play is really not playable with all the restrictions it will just cause people to either quit or join but more likely quit. If paid accounts got more monthly rewards more people would sign up. Returning players are completely ineffective in the frontiers. Not sure what you could do about that without a major blowup. Giving paid accounts free platinum as suggested and supported by many to buy items to level the playing field would go a long way. Some items needed cost over 100 platinum in the market. That's a lot of farming no one wants to do to get needed items to compete in rvr.
  • oh and do something with shrouded isles. why is there no dungeon port to dungeons there? there is a lot of content there going to waste.
  • Hawkwynd wrote: »
    As stated, we'd like to have this Hot Fix come out towards the end of this coming week (or early the following week) to address some of the recent concerns around class and realm balance.

We are currently looking at making some boosts to the PBAoE classes that did not get the 425 delve, Armsman and possibly all Heavy tanks and then making some adjustments/reductions to the AoE-portion of Champion stat debuffs (Curse set bonus), Enchanter's AoE loyalty cloak /use, and possibly a slight reduction to the 425 PBAoE delve.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on the above as well as what else you think can be done to address some of the realm and class imbalances!

This isn't so much imbalance than inconsistency...

Bolts / Archery:
    1. The code for caster Bolts should be deleted and replaced with the same code being used for spell based Archery. We don't need two different systems for nearly the same thing. Be easier to tweak values in a simplified code base in the future.
    2. Spec bolts should be moved from a 2.5s cast / 20s cooldown model to a 5.0s / 0 s cooldown model that archery uses. They hit for less than even base DDs once you factor in resist debuffs (which are limited to 1500 range), but it would be nice if they had a real niche on the battlefield by being the class defining ability they are supposed to be.

Listen Hawk,

I am not trying to insult your intelligence here, but I do have to ask about your views on bolts. I do want to point out that I don't care if you knew the grandfather of Mark Jacobs, or the fact that you may know the CEO of Broadsword within the 6th degree...NONE of that **** matters...

To your credit, you make very good arguments for your opinions most of the time when you give accepted resources with the stats and numbers provided from. Kudos to you on that.

However, You stepped on a lot of toes when you decided to go after Bolt Casters, especially in light of the fact, you gave no valid resource to back up your opinion.. So here goes my counter to that, buckle up butter cup.

Lets say your first point might have some merit... can't really argue for/against it either way... but regardless of whether your point "1." is valid, it really has no bearing on your point "2", which is what I am about to address by taking your assertion down the logic train.

So lets take a look at Spec bolts of a fire wizard as an example:
    Flame Spear
    Enemy
    2s/0/20s
    1875 range
    331 damage (Heat)
    Power Cost 33 (which is around 15% of his power)

Unfortunately you neglected to give the description of this spell, but here it is:
    "Target takes damage. Damage done is of the spell's given damage type. The spell is a "bolt" that can be blocked and takes a few seconds to travel to its target, but has a longer range and does significantly more damage than other types of spells."

Pulled From: https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/class-library-wizard

Now lets pull the info from a scout for his Critical shot, which is the closest to what you seem to be referring to:
    Critical Shot 9
    Enemy
    5.0s/0/0s
    2100 range
    265 damage (Slash)
    8% Fatigue (which is around 13% of his endurance)

Now, Here's the rub on Critical shot for which you neglected to mention in your opined proposal; in the description of Critical shot, you will see this:
    "Target takes damage. Damage done is of the spell's given damage type. You must be stealthed to fire this shot. This shot will penetrate a bladeturn, but will not break it."

Pulled From: https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/class-library-scout

So there are several things going on here, first is, the fact that the caster's (in this instance, its the fire wizard) bolts CAN BE BLOCKED. Next for the archer, additional 225 units in range that the archer (scouts in this instance) get, along with being able to fire this GAURANTEED hit FROM STEALTH!.

So here's the counter to your argument. Lets say for kicks and giggles that the powers that be consider your poorly researched proposal and ask the caster community to come up with their ideas to balance the archers Crit shot -- This is what they would say in return:

Either give us additional range, with making our bolt a guaranteed hit, and allow us to stealth, we'll be more than happy to eat 66 dps delve differential.

OR --

Take the additional 225 unit range away from the archers, force them to fire from non-stealth, while making our blade turns effective against Crit shot, and we'll be more than happy to allow archers a 2s fire rate for this ability.

If your desire was to attempt to balance something.. you messed up big time with this idea.

Long story short here Hawk, -- You can't have your cake and eat it too. Keep dreaming buddy.
    "And that's the Bottom line. Cause Stone Cold Griff said so!".
  • Give Armsmen a lvl 50 pole style that deals dmg through Phase Shift. I think more groups would run tanks on alb.
    ~Westies
  • Westies wrote: »
    Give Armsmen a lvl 50 pole style that deals dmg through Phase Shift. I think more groups would run tanks on alb.

Ichor.
  • All i want lol is to remove the timer on /region. It is not really needed and makes it hard to relay info region ya i can see why you added it but there is not a lot of people trying to talk at one time i mean the timer for ec is way to much as it makes it even harder for them to give info such as enemy locations and movement.
  • Westies wrote: »
    Give Armsmen a lvl 50 pole style that deals dmg through Phase Shift. I think more groups would run tanks on alb.

Lmao
  • Indur wrote: »
    I would Focus on the Quality of Life Aspects for the Paying Customer, like Stackable Potions or Useable Stacks - unstacking those OW Clippings is Anoying. I would pay for that.

I Would Agree With You My Friend
  • edited June 2020 PM

... sometime in March. ...

:s
    Post edited by secky on
  • KoeKoe
    edited July 2020 PM
    secky wrote: »

... sometime in March. ...

:s

Well pretty much everyone's schedule has been impacted in some way here so I can only imagine what its like for the dev team. I for one would not have had extra time or energy to devote to something over the past 4 months... Though the in game play has been fantastic when I'm able to log in:)
    Post edited by Koe on
  • On EC: the main thing is that it needs to be fun. If players have a blast with it, many will stick around. Some that stick around will give you money. That's how FtP works.

Right now it's not as fun as I think it needs to be.

You progress too slowly due to XP and RP penalties. In PvE when doing the new player quest series, this actually breaks the experience. There are frequent junctures where there are no quests available for you to do, and you need to grind random mobs until you level up and open the next set of quests. New players are not even going to know to do that, they will think that there just aren't any more quests.

It's also a problem because you get out-leveled and left behind if you make friends in the battlegrounds. You also going to gain a lot fewer realm ranks while doing the battlegrounds, and so don't get to experience as much of one of the major selling points of this game.

EC needs to be so much fun that anyone that tries it will likely want to at least play to the cap and check out the endgame. The 1-50 game needs to be an absolute blast whether you sub or not. Don't ask yourself "Will this get players to sub?" Ask yourself, "Does this present the game in the best possible light? Is it fun?"

Restrictions past a certain point at the cap are fine, even necessary. But you need to get players to the cap . . .

The 120 day lockout is also borderline insane. I can never sub and play whenever I want. Or, if I sub for an event or to unlock some classes, I get locked out of the game for months as soon as I let the sub lapse. I will probably never sub to this game again as long as this remains in place.
  • It has been so long i totally forget what patch 1.127 is even supposed to contain
  • Textures!
  • Ec restrictions removals are good like the earth wizard fire debuff but yet again alb melee has been bypassed and another nerf to necros.
    Didn’t expect much from this patch kinda meh
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Yet another patch where Hib gets even more overpowered. Is anyone looking at realm balance and how out of whack hib is with regards to the other two realms?

For example 9 sec melee stun (aka slam nerf) was done ages ago due to hybrids being able to kill people easily in the stun duration.

Yet here we are another patch where hib 9 sec stun on list casters gets overlooked.. This is even with increased dex caps and cast speeds allowing easy kills within the 9 sec window..

Unbelievable..
    Post edited by Superlaws on
  • On the EC side I would also like to see the 120 day lockout looked at..

I only play infrequently on my other accounts and don’t really want them locked out for this time should I subscribe. So at the moment I won’t take the risk and they are left as EC
  • Superlaws wrote: »
    Yet another patch where Hib gets even more overpowered. Is anyone looking at realm balance and how out of whack hib is with regards to the other two realms?

For example 9 sec melee stun (aka slam nerf) was done ages ago due to hybrids being able to kill people easily in the stun duration.

Yet here we are another patch where hib 9 sec stun on list casters gets overlooked.. This is even with increased dex caps and cast speeds allowing easy kills within the 9 sec window..

Unbelievable..

I came back to game and realized light eldys have 9 sec stun, aoe mez, nearsight. baseline and spec dq insta debuffs, snare/aoe snare/aoe disease and now an instant 50% spirit debuff + 44 sec root that roots most things for at least a minute. And then of course you have 5 rsp's for your Ichor should you mess something else up...And, of course, as much dps as a rm, sm or bd.

It's like giving pac healers a 209 dd. What the heck happened to parity? How do you even fight that?
  • You kill it like everything else.
  • I dont know whats so special...the snare/aoe snare/aoe disease are on low level and may be resisted often.
    They dont have a spirit nuke, so the spirit debuff is only useful for their root/mezz.
  • Making reavers more group-friendly would be a start.
    Koe wrote: »
    Superlaws wrote: »

Unbelievable..

I came back to game and realized light eldys have 9 sec stun, aoe mez, nearsight. baseline and spec dq insta debuffs, snare/aoe snare/aoe disease and now an instant 50% spirit debuff + 44 sec root that roots most things for at least a minute. And then of course you have 5 rsp's for your Ichor should you mess something else up...And, of course, as much dps as a rm, sm or bd.

It's like giving pac healers a 209 dd. What the heck happened to parity? How do you even fight that?

QQ
  • KoeKoe
    edited August 2020 PM
    Kroko wrote: »
    I dont know whats so special...the snare/aoe snare/aoe disease are on low level and may be resisted often.
    They dont have a spirit nuke, so the spirit debuff is only useful for their root/mezz.

Good point, it's not special, just give mid a class with 75% of what light elds get. randomized abilities, doesn't even have to be baseline stun... by your logic that would be less than special about 25% less. so, you've got no argument against it.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Then tell me...what is light eld doing with the snare/aoe snare ?
    I only see it useful for solo, to snare your enemy, bec. the dmg it does is 0.
    But for solo you also have mezz and root, so dont know why you need a snare.

For what is the spirit debuff useful? To debuff before you root/mezz? Do people really use this?
  • Lets try 1 example: spiritmaster.
    Lets say you spec full darkness and a bit supp.
    You have:
    Str/dex baseline debuff
    dq ae debuff, str/con ae debuff
    combat speed debuff
    Lifedrain
    Ae mezz
    pbae mezz
    root
    50% spirit/body/energy debuff + SPIRIT baseline nuke
    A pet that can stun for like 5secs
    demezz

But yea...i bet its the snare that makes light eld op.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Light eld is on the cold train, that's a nerf in itself.

People pretending that light Elds are Op but don't talk about SMs...

Btw @Koe not sure if you realized but BDs also get a debuff for their root, but guess what, their root is baseline, not a spec root.

Nerf BDs.

Honestly crying about Light Elds is kind of complaining only to complain. People acting like there were huge disparities between the realms...
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • KoeKoe
    edited August 2020 PM
    Honestly crying about Light Elds is kind of complaining only to complain. People acting like there were huge disparities between the realms...

Sorry did mids get a dd class with a stun, baseline or spec, at some point and I just wasn't aware of it? You think that's not a disparity? Having to use a healer to get in LOS with the enemy to pop a stun means they cant heal, demez, and when they get targeted there's nobody to heal them, and arguing that fighting hibs you don't get instant interrupted and aoe mezzed or rooted is laughable. I don't think anyone can argue with a straight face that this doesn't make hib significantly easier to form groups and play competitively on, especially in siege situations. Support just spams heals and if they are good maybe keep their players in target range but staying out of LOS or range of enemies for ST heals/demez/cures.

Used to be that stun was the CC most hib casters got, with elds also getting a low level mez. Now broadsword gave hib classes all root as well. and meanwhile mids are still rocking their roots and that's it (or maybe mez if you are a SM). Disparity is there and has gotten worse. As brut said in a different thread, for years hib has been the favored realm and starter realm.
    Post edited by Koe on