<!–– 1941 ––>
Disappearing NPC's and PC's
Valtar <!–– closing ID=FDP or NOFDP 2001 ––>
For roughly the last 2-3 weeks while in game (anywhere... housing, BG's, etc) I will be ACTIVLY playing the game and everyone will simply disappear. I've been in my house crafting and the vendor I bought mats off of in my house will disappear and not come back. I've been in Molvik and had ALL of the NPCs at the portal keep disappear and not come back. I've been roaming in Molvik and been killed by multiple people that I CANT SEE! My screen never blinks, the green balls showing lag, framerate, latency, etc NEVER CHANGE COLORS, and at no time am I losing a network connection. I run multiple monitors and all other apps, browsers, etc work just fine. Windows 10 is updated; my video drivers are updated. Still happens. I even went back to video drivers from like 6 months ago when this didn't happen and that didn't fix it either. So, anyone care to chime in here? I've asked in Vent/Discord and multiple others have had similar issues so I know it's not just me. And as a previous poster pointed out, I did an In-Game /appeal only to hear crickets and never get a response. A game isn't much fun when you can no longer craft (need a vendor you can't see), you can't port (need a channeler you can't see), and can't fight (need an enemy you can't see). Please tell me that Broadsword/EA is aware of this issue and is actively seeking a resolution...
after a while all npc and player vanish
i need every time log out of the game log again in the game .. check is it working yes no ..
and do it again until they dont go away
its fun when you do pvp and then you are hit from invisibel players
this is since i come back (months ago)
i dont thing they will do something against this
i see how aktiv here gms or staffs are .... see teleport cheater in molvik reports or email will complet ignored about it....
so try to make a work around like me login log out login log out...
if they dont go after 5 mins its stabel the hole game session
On Saturday, it happened many times. Sunday just a couple.
Please keep us updated. The silence from BS in regards to this is quite disheartening.
Thank you for contacting Dark Age of Camelot Support.
We are sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the game displaying NPCs. These issues can come from several different sources, so it's hard to pin one down right away. We do have a rundown of the most common sources of connection problems for you:
First we suggest to not be logged into the client, then locate and delete the 'mft.myp' file. This will force the client to patch and fix any corrupted or missing files.
If that won't resolve the issue, we suggest to uninstall and reinstall the client.
• Ensure you have enough RAM available and close any unnecessary processes running in the background • Ensure all other drivers and custom UIs are up-to-date. Additionally, try to disable any customer UIs to check for different results.
• Ensure your firewall is not blocking any content
• If you have a weak or unstable network connection, this will keep the game from connecting or working properly. Try waiting until you have a better connection and then restart the game as described above.
• Disconnect and then re-connect to the network that you're trying to use. This can sometimes reset and clean up your connection.
• If you are set up to connect via proxies, disable this option and connect without them. The proxy connection could be causing the problem.
• Try connecting via a secure VPN connection and try again after disconnecting from VPN.
• You may change your Power Saving settings for higher performance, this will favor performance, but may use more energy.
• If you are connecting from school or work (or a similar location), there can be restrictions in place when connecting to certain sites and servers. In some cases, this can prevent the game from connecting when using that network. This can also be true if your computer was issued through school or work. In either case, follow up with your IT Department to confirm.
• Likewise, if you are connecting at home, check the status of your home network to ensure that it's working as it should.
• Perform the steps in the link for additional connection troubleshooting steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/
• Contact your ISP to ensure there are no network issues.
Hopefully one of these steps will fix your trouble. However, if you go through them and still aren't able to connect, please let us know and we'll go from there.
Dark Age of Camelot Support
Broadsword Online Games
Please keep us updated. Considering how so many people are having this issue, I am not sure why they would think it is on our computers or on the ISP side.
Exactly what I've been trying to say;) I've done everything they suggest there;) ( It is what i do, prior to contacting network provider or appealing;)) At times I have both bot acct up and main;) and only one acct loses all npcs/players/mobs, the other is fine;) (both logged on the same computer;)) We can still see our character, and the environment. When in rvr , just like the video here , we can't click on who ever is on us, can't see them, but they can see us.
Broadsword Online Games
Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
This is a problem that has been reported by many people, and affecting many across all realms. Why won't broadsword address this in a thread on the official board? A thread under the support subforum for SUPPORT?
1. Created firewall entry to allow UDP traffic on port 10400 - still have the issue
2. Located and deleted the 'mft.myp' file - still have the issue
3. So now I've just finished Uninstalling/Reinstalling the entire game. I deleted the game folder completely. I even changed the game folder name I put the game client in so it will force new registry entries. It literally just completed so I'll document how long it takes for the issue to repeat itself. I'll keep you posted...
Please let me know what needs to be done or this truly will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I have many friends excited about looking into this game but if this is all I can tell them they have to look forward to when an issue arises then I doubt many will even try.
My System info:
Win10 64bit Intel Core i7-3820 @3.6GHz
120GB SD drive (58GB free)
16GB Memory (system)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX670 (16GB video memory)
Comcast ISP connected via WIRE, not wireless (yes, the cable has been replaced with a NEW cable, same issue)
Speed Test performed while writing this response with DAOC minimized in the background (at http://speedtest.xfinity.com/):
Download Speed: 29.2Mbps
Upload Speed: 2.5 Mbps
There's nothing in my system setup that screams "Oh, maybe this is the issue". And how can this even be a 'client-side' issue when MULTIPLE people are having the EXACT SAME problem?
bump for Kat;) and others still experiencing this issue;)
This is a PROBLEM...and nothing from BS. Maybe this support forum is just to support the website....but BS know's about this issue and has not said a thing in any of the other threads.
and ty @baby
np;) @Kat ... btw;) lastnite, it happened again, near the graveyard in emain;) Everyone disappeared, and they thought i meant, i lost them;) because they left me;) As soon as it said, you have left such and such , and entering a dif spot, within the same zone, everyone reappeared one at a time.... was really odd=/ All dots were green and never changed color;)
Broadsword Online Games
I've tried many of the suggested fixes such as deleting mft.myp file, reinstalling, not using custom UI. I've tried to see if there is any difference from wired to wifi. My drivers are up to date as well as Windows. I'm not running any 3rd party apps simultaneously. My current wired connection is 260 mbps down.
I've asked in /region and there have been other people experiencing the same issue. Is this more widespread? Is there anything being done to fix? @Valtar are you still experiencing issues?
Broadsword Online Games
I've done some checking. It sounds like what's happening is the graphics engine has reached its end of life. It was never designed to work with cpu's and gpu's as powerful as we have now. I'm wondering if a monitor faster than 60hz would make a difference.
I don't run a VPN. That issue eventually stopped on its own. Now I just crash all the time when loading into the game.
[edited] - what modem do you use. Are you familiar enough to login to your modem and access the settings? If so I can help.
Just bought a new SSD drive (disconnected both my old) reinstalled WIN10 from scratch; reinstalled DAOC from scratch; fully updated the OS and video drivers (GeForce GTX 670, 16GB) to the latest; within the first 48hrs back in game, while redoing my quickbars no less, crap starts disappearing. One treb here... one cat there. I'm about over this game already...
Im home for the next 2 days before im back traveling.
The only thing broadsword is right about is its a network issue. Their wrong its on your side though however you can help them by tweaking your own settings.