Disappearing NPC's and PC's

For roughly the last 2-3 weeks while in game (anywhere... housing, BG's, etc) I will be ACTIVLY playing the game and everyone will simply disappear. I've been in my house crafting and the vendor I bought mats off of in my house will disappear and not come back. I've been in Molvik and had ALL of the NPCs at the portal keep disappear and not come back. I've been roaming in Molvik and been killed by multiple people that I CANT SEE! My screen never blinks, the green balls showing lag, framerate, latency, etc NEVER CHANGE COLORS, and at no time am I losing a network connection. I run multiple monitors and all other apps, browsers, etc work just fine. Windows 10 is updated; my video drivers are updated. Still happens. I even went back to video drivers from like 6 months ago when this didn't happen and that didn't fix it either. So, anyone care to chime in here? I've asked in Vent/Discord and multiple others have had similar issues so I know it's not just me. And as a previous poster pointed out, I did an In-Game /appeal only to hear crickets and never get a response. A game isn't much fun when you can no longer craft (need a vendor you can't see), you can't port (need a channeler you can't see), and can't fight (need an enemy you can't see). Please tell me that Broadsword/EA is aware of this issue and is actively seeking a resolution...
Tagged:

Comments

• i got the same problem everytime i start the game <---

after a while all npc and player vanish

i need every time log out of the game log again in the game .. check is it working yes no ..

and do it again until they dont go away

its fun when you do pvp and then you are hit from invisibel players

this is since i come back (months ago)

i dont thing they will do something against this
    i see how aktiv here gms or staffs are .... see teleport cheater in molvik reports or email will complet ignored about it....

so try to make a work around like me login log out login log out...
    if they dont go after 5 mins its stabel the hole game session

• Unfortunately for me, not only is it a daily occurrence now, there's no "trigger" that I can tell. I can play for 5hrs straight and not have an issue, then out of the blue everything disappears. I've logged in and within the first 2 minutes I'm playing had it happen. I can change realms and it happens.
  • I am using comcast in the mid-west. what isp do you use?
  • I never got a response to my thread.
  • I'm trying the UDP port setting with my firewall right now. I'll keep everyone posted on whether or not it works for me. I'm also with Comcast.
  • Valtar wrote: »
    I'm trying the UDP port setting with my firewall right now. I'll keep everyone posted on whether or not it works for me. I'm also with Comcast.

Please keep us updated. The silence from BS in regards to this is quite disheartening.
  • Just happened again.
  • The UDP firewall settings DID NOT work for me! However, I finally got a response from EA\Broadsword via email:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Dark Age of Camelot Support.

We are sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the game displaying NPCs. These issues can come from several different sources, so it's hard to pin one down right away. We do have a rundown of the most common sources of connection problems for you:

First we suggest to not be logged into the client, then locate and delete the 'mft.myp' file. This will force the client to patch and fix any corrupted or missing files.

If that won't resolve the issue, we suggest to uninstall and reinstall the client.
    • Ensure you have enough RAM available and close any unnecessary processes running in the background • Ensure all other drivers and custom UIs are up-to-date. Additionally, try to disable any customer UIs to check for different results.
    • Ensure your firewall is not blocking any content

• If you have a weak or unstable network connection, this will keep the game from connecting or working properly. Try waiting until you have a better connection and then restart the game as described above.
    • Disconnect and then re-connect to the network that you're trying to use. This can sometimes reset and clean up your connection.
    • If you are set up to connect via proxies, disable this option and connect without them. The proxy connection could be causing the problem.
    • Try connecting via a secure VPN connection and try again after disconnecting from VPN.
    • You may change your Power Saving settings for higher performance, this will favor performance, but may use more energy.
    • If you are connecting from school or work (or a similar location), there can be restrictions in place when connecting to certain sites and servers. In some cases, this can prevent the game from connecting when using that network. This can also be true if your computer was issued through school or work. In either case, follow up with your IT Department to confirm.
    • Likewise, if you are connecting at home, check the status of your home network to ensure that it's working as it should.
    • Perform the steps in the link for additional connection troubleshooting steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/
    • Contact your ISP to ensure there are no network issues.

Hopefully one of these steps will fix your trouble. However, if you go through them and still aren't able to connect, please let us know and we'll go from there.

Best regards,

Dark Age of Camelot Support
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I'm trying the 'mft.myp' file deletion. It's been about 2hrs since and no issues so far. I'm not holding my breath...
  • KatKat
    edited August 2018 PM
    freakin unbelievable...I post on the official board, asking for help. and all i got was crickets. That actually makes me quite sad they didn't think this issue was important enough to address for others to read on a thread on their official board, esp since multiple people are having this issue.

Please keep us updated. Considering how so many people are having this issue, I am not sure why they would think it is on our computers or on the ISP side.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • heres video of it, its def server side, you cant have people randomly spread out all over the country/world having the same problem and think its them and not the game, the only thing in common is the game

• Huehuaehue wrote: »
    heres video of it, its def server side, you cant have people randomly spread out all over the country/world having the same problem and think its them and not the game, the only thing in common is the game

Exactly what I've been trying to say;) I've done everything they suggest there;) ( It is what i do, prior to contacting network provider or appealing;)) At times I have both bot acct up and main;) and only one acct loses all npcs/players/mobs, the other is fine;) (both logged on the same computer;)) We can still see our character, and the environment. When in rvr , just like the video here , we can't click on who ever is on us, can't see them, but they can see us.
    <3Baby;)
    Baby-Friar
    Babe-Reaver
    Babys-Warden
    Babydoll-Shaman
  • @Baby - this is a technical issue, so the ingame support that you contact via /appeal cannot assist. Please contact the technical support via email (support@darkageofcamelot.com) with a brief description and your account name. Thank you!
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • KatKat
    edited August 2018 PM
    Just had it happen. I did /say jordhiem at the portal stone and was ported. And, npc and players were there. I have done this twice now.
    @Baby - this is a technical issue, so the ingame support that you contact via /appeal cannot assist. Please contact the technical support via email (support@darkageofcamelot.com) with a brief description and your account name. Thank you!

This is a problem that has been reported by many people, and affecting many across all realms. Why won't broadsword address this in a thread on the official board? A thread under the support subforum for SUPPORT?
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Ok, the mft.myp file trick didn't work either. I continue to have the issue after completing the following "troubleshooting" steps as outlined by the response from support@darkageofcamelot.com and other suggestions:

1. Created firewall entry to allow UDP traffic on port 10400 - still have the issue
    2. Located and deleted the 'mft.myp' file - still have the issue
    3. So now I've just finished Uninstalling/Reinstalling the entire game. I deleted the game folder completely. I even changed the game folder name I put the game client in so it will force new registry entries. It literally just completed so I'll document how long it takes for the issue to repeat itself. I'll keep you posted...
  • So, let's see... it took all of about 1hr of actual play time for it to happen yet again, after a complete de-install/re-install of the game. I'm in Molvik casting the pally resists spell on a fellow player... MID-CAST... and he disappeared along with every other friend/enemy/NPC in Molvik! And I'm sorry EA/Broadsword but this has nothing to do with my ISP. How can my ISP be at fault when individual aspects INSIDE your game suddenly stop appearing? How do they know which data packets contain the specific visual graphics data for the items that keep disappearing INSIDE the game client while its running... and then decide that they're simply not going to allow those packets... and ONLY those packets from getting through?

Please let me know what needs to be done or this truly will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I have many friends excited about looking into this game but if this is all I can tell them they have to look forward to when an issue arises then I doubt many will even try.

My System info:

Win10 64bit Intel Core i7-3820 @3.6GHz
    120GB SD drive (58GB free)
    16GB Memory (system)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX670 (16GB video memory)
    Comcast ISP connected via WIRE, not wireless (yes, the cable has been replaced with a NEW cable, same issue)
    Speed Test performed while writing this response with DAOC minimized in the background (at http://speedtest.xfinity.com/):
    Download Speed: 29.2Mbps
    Upload Speed: 2.5 Mbps
    Latency: 23ms
    IPv6 Protocol

There's nothing in my system setup that screams "Oh, maybe this is the issue". And how can this even be a 'client-side' issue when MULTIPLE people are having the EXACT SAME problem?
  • … and if this is a client-side issue, was does closing the active game session (I only have to log out, not completely close the game client) to correct the issue??? I log out with /q then when on the character select screen I just click PLAY again and I'm right back in and everything is back again?
  • I appreciate you keeping us updated. In 2 hours, I had it happen 4 times tonight. Using up all my plat on sup pots, so I don't have to port back for buffs every time it happens. Some free sup pots, till this is fixed, would be nice :)
  • I doubt they'll provide an answer or look into the issue. They've been shown videos (like the one in this thread) along with our testimonies and those of many others. When Mythic sold this game is when it went to (insert expletive here). If I took the time to state in here every time I've had this issue happen (since it started), there'd be 3+ entries per day, depending on how long I play and how pissed I get before I STOP playing. I have disabled accounts on WoW, Albion Online, and several others I'll gladly start back up again if this issue isn't looked into further. Why pay$15 a month for something that doesn't work and for something that the owners apparently could care less about? **** may be where I get my DAOC fix going forward... for FREE!!!
  • … and I haven't even started complaining about the /release after death and the GAME CLIENT CLOSES! Does anything with this game work right anymore????
  • Baby wrote: »
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    heres video of it, its def server side, you cant have people randomly spread out all over the country/world having the same problem and think its them and not the game, the only thing in common is the game

Exactly what I've been trying to say;) I've done everything they suggest there;) ( It is what i do, prior to contacting network provider or appealing;)) At times I have both bot acct up and main;) and only one acct loses all npcs/players/mobs, the other is fine;) (both logged on the same computer;)) We can still see our character, and the environment. When in rvr , just like the video here , we can't click on who ever is on us, can't see them, but they can see us.

bump for Kat;) and others still experiencing this issue;)
    <3Baby;)
    Baby-Friar
    Babe-Reaver
    Babys-Warden
    Babydoll-Shaman
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »

<3Baby;)
    Baby-Friar
    Babe-Reaver
    Babys-Warden
    Babydoll-Shaman
  • When I was running around alone tonight on the island, I died and never saw the group...just the combat log and the emotes as I died. Then, I was in a group tonight and it happened to two separate people, with different ISPs.

This is a PROBLEM...and nothing from BS. Maybe this support forum is just to support the website....but BS know's about this issue and has not said a thing in any of the other threads.

and ty @baby
  • Kat wrote: »
    When I was running around alone tonight on the island, I died and never saw the group...just the combat log and the emotes as I died. Then, I was in a group tonight and it happened to two separate people, with different ISPs.

This is a PROBLEM...and nothing from BS. Maybe this support forum is just to support the website....but BS know's about this issue and has not said a thing in any of the other threads.

and ty @baby

np;) @Kat ... btw;) lastnite, it happened again, near the graveyard in emain;) Everyone disappeared, and they thought i meant, i lost them;) because they left me;) As soon as it said, you have left such and such , and entering a dif spot, within the same zone, everyone reappeared one at a time.... was really odd=/ All dots were green and never changed color;)
    <3Baby;)
    Baby-Friar
    Babe-Reaver
    Babys-Warden
    Babydoll-Shaman
  • The amount of LD's lately for me is frustrating. I play the game on a dedicated SSD. I am going to reformat the SSD and reinstall the game but I suspect that will not solve what to me seems like a network latency issue. My ask of Broadsword is talk to the AWS team or look at any throttling done collectively and bump it back up, even if its just a little and see if this saves people from walking away from the game because of simple things like network latency. Remember when we ran this game on dial-up?
  • @Carol_Broadsword It has been a while since this issue has affected me, but it's back again. Nowhere near as bad as it was when I made the initial post, but it's back nonetheless. I can be in my guild house crafting or in Camelot, and the vendors and all players around me just disappear. If I'm right in the middle of buying supplies, the vendor disappears, I lose the item window and have to start all over when the vendor reappears. This is how the initial issue started out, slow at first, then over time it just got worse and worse. I've also noticed the issue in Molvik with NPCs and players, like the Tower Archers disappearing and enemies below also disappearing while fighting. Right now the disruption lasts about 1-3 seconds. I always check my in-game Perf-Mon (green dots) and they always stay all green. And the disruption is not every day I play, at least for now. I just hope it doesn't continue to degrade like last time. That was horrible...
  • @Valtar try deleting your mft.myp file in your daoc folder (where camelot.exe is) and repatch, see if that helps, it has in the past.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • @Carol_Broadsword I did as you mentioned above yesterday morning (EST time). I'm on an Alb in Molvik right now and about 30 minutes ago, while firing trebs, all 3 trebs and the people around them (maybe 2 or 3 others) disappeared on my screen. I was still able to move. All 3 green network indicators stayed green. About 3-5 seconds later everything returned. This is EXACTLY how this issue started out last time. Whatever you guys did for that patch a little while back to fix this issue had worked for me until recently. Hope this is being looked into again...
  • I have been experiencing the issue of NPCs and PCs disappearing every few minutes for ten seconds. This has been going on for the past 2 weeks to where I don't even want to play anymore. Very frustrating to rush into battle to have your enemy disappear. ;)

I've tried many of the suggested fixes such as deleting mft.myp file, reinstalling, not using custom UI. I've tried to see if there is any difference from wired to wifi. My drivers are up to date as well as Windows. I'm not running any 3rd party apps simultaneously. My current wired connection is 260 mbps down.

I've asked in /region and there have been other people experiencing the same issue. Is this more widespread? Is there anything being done to fix? @Valtar are you still experiencing issues?

Thank you
  • @Artenn do you run a VPN?
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Valtar wrote: »
    For roughly the last 2-3 weeks while in game (anywhere... housing, BG's, etc) I will be ACTIVLY playing the game and everyone will simply disappear. I've been in my house crafting and the vendor I bought mats off of in my house will disappear and not come back. I've been in Molvik and had ALL of the NPCs at the portal keep disappear and not come back. I've been roaming in Molvik and been killed by multiple people that I CANT SEE! My screen never blinks, the green balls showing lag, framerate, latency, etc NEVER CHANGE COLORS, and at no time am I losing a network connection. I run multiple monitors and all other apps, browsers, etc work just fine. Windows 10 is updated; my video drivers are updated. Still happens. I even went back to video drivers from like 6 months ago when this didn't happen and that didn't fix it either. So, anyone care to chime in here? I've asked in Vent/Discord and multiple others have had similar issues so I know it's not just me. And as a previous poster pointed out, I did an In-Game /appeal only to hear crickets and never get a response. A game isn't much fun when you can no longer craft (need a vendor you can't see), you can't port (need a channeler you can't see), and can't fight (need an enemy you can't see). Please tell me that Broadsword/EA is aware of this issue and is actively seeking a resolution...

Hi
    Valtar wrote: »

I've done some checking. It sounds like what's happening is the graphics engine has reached its end of life. It was never designed to work with cpu's and gpu's as powerful as we have now. I'm wondering if a monitor faster than 60hz would make a difference.

• Sorry - didn't get a notification someone had replied.

I don't run a VPN. That issue eventually stopped on its own. Now I just crash all the time when loading into the game.
  • I'm still having this issue, yes. It just happened to me today while on Alb standing at the merchant in housing. Nothing sucks more than trying to use this outdated merchant search tool to find a weapon with STYLE damage (of which there is no search option for - see my "suggestion" under the new search tool thread), getting a search response with 56 pages and then on page 42 having the merchant disappear and then having to go back through all of the pages again. This also happened to me yesterday in a BG while engaged with the enemy... always fun dying to an enemy that I can't see but the enemy can still see and attack and kill me. It's completely random. I can have it multiple times in one session then not have it happen for a day or two. It's beyond annoying and extremely frustrating. I've given up hope at this point for any meaningful resolution.
  • UCPUCP
    edited August 2019 PM
    Valtar wrote: »
    I'm still having this issue, yes. It just happened to me today while on Alb standing at the merchant in housing. Nothing sucks more than trying to use this outdated merchant search tool to find a weapon with STYLE damage (of which there is no search option for - see my "suggestion" under the new search tool thread), getting a search response with 56 pages and then on page 42 having the merchant disappear and then having to go back through all of the pages again. This also happened to me yesterday in a BG while engaged with the enemy... always fun dying to an enemy that I can't see but the enemy can still see and attack and kill me. It's completely random. I can have it multiple times in one session then not have it happen for a day or two. It's beyond annoying and extremely frustrating. I've given up hope at this point for any meaningful resolution.

[edited] - what modem do you use. Are you familiar enough to login to your modem and access the settings? If so I can help.
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • UCPUCP
    edited August 2019 PM
    @Kat @Valtar since you also seem to have these issues. boomblapgrr#6068 is my discord. I've helped many with this issue hopefully I can help you as well.
    Post edited by UCP on
  • edited September 2019 PM
    @Twozero Please place your 'FIX' for this issue here so everyone else that's having this issue will know how to resolve it as well. I lease my modem/router from Comcast but if I have to go buy my own and configure it I know how to do that as well.

Just bought a new SSD drive (disconnected both my old) reinstalled WIN10 from scratch; reinstalled DAOC from scratch; fully updated the OS and video drivers (GeForce GTX 670, 16GB) to the latest; within the first 48hrs back in game, while redoing my quickbars no less, crap starts disappearing. One treb here... one cat there. I'm about over this game already...
    Post edited by Valtar on
  • UCPUCP
    edited October 2019 PM
    @Valtar sorry im not online long enough to check these daily is why i asked you to hit me up on discord. Also your router model/brand also may impact the process. I dont feel like spending hours noting the differences. Feel free to add my discord if youre still having this issue. Ive helped over a dozen people thus far.

Im home for the next 2 days before im back traveling.
    Twozero#6068

The only thing broadsword is right about is its a network issue. Their wrong its on your side though however you can help them by tweaking your own settings.
    Post edited by UCP on
  • i came back after few years i hadn't this bug and now i have the bug to often 2 bugs in 5mn... its abused... and nothing have change on my computer... i had just uninstalled the game and reinstalled now... deleted the file mft... and nothing