Any mods/UI stuff to make it less archaic?

Long time "retired" DAoC player here. Albion/Nimue for life. Even though it doesn't exist anymore. :-(

Are there any UI/interface mods that are approved by Broadsword (is that who owns the game now?) to make keybinding, etc less cumbersome?

I logged in the other day to piddle around and couldn't bring myself to type an encyclopedias worth of /qbind 1 2 4 to set up 2 or 3 hot bars lol.

Any recommendations? I gotta say the game is definitely better in memory than it is when I actually play it now, however, I will 100% admit that if the game was updated so that the interface was up to speed with modern MMOs, and maybe the movement was a little less clunky I would be back to being all in. I played this game for well over a decade without ever missing a months sub, in fact for most of those years I had 2 or 3 accounts (including my wifes account). Nothing has quite been able to replace DAoC for me.

Comments

• edited July 2023 PM
    Hi,

I have many chars but most QBinds are identical for all my chars.
    So I logged in a Char and created all the QBinds that all carhs would use. Once the char is logged out you can sopy that Chars *.ini file and use it a base for all chars. Mine actually stores the screen layouts, all my common macros and all my common QBinds'. it take a little time to set everything up but you you do it once only. Then each char that has unique Macros Qbinds i set just them in the normal way.

This can also be used to restore Char setups (NOT TRAININGS) after a patch that forces respec on chars like the one we just had.

Here is a simple guide to the process.

1.) Log a Char, set up the screen layout, resolution, all QBinds, Macros. (My Char Name was Arthuir)
    2.) Log out your char to save the information to its .ini file
    3.) Locate the ini files for your DAoC Char.
    The dafault location for Char.ini files is normally located in the USER folder AppData. This is normally hidden by default. You can turn of Hidden files, and browse to the location C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\LotM

It much easier to use the following command in the Windows File Explorer Path address (NOT internet Explorer)
    This will only work if your have not altered the games storage path using the paths.dat in the installed game directory.

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\LotM

4.) copy the Char.ini file (in my case Arthuir-55.ini) to the desktop renam it to somelike CHR-Master 1920x1980.ini
    I just put 1920x1080) as a ref to the resoultuion of the game. on main it thats on laptop its 1680.150) I have two mster files one fore compueter)

5.) Create your next char or if allready created copy the CHR-Master 1920x1080 (or what ever you named it) to the game folder and rename it to the that char in my case was an armsman names Uriens i renamed it Uriens-55.ini and replaced the old one

6.) repeat this process untill you have all your chars set up.

Hope this helps.

Also you will see a post by me about a Custom FREE UI that I made many years ago but still keep updated for players to use. Full details are in that seperate post.

Regards. AP
    Post edited by Arthur_PenDragon on
    .: KotRT Custom User Interface - [UI] - DAoC UI :.

WEB-Site http://kotrt.eu5.org/
    FORUM http://k-o-t-r-t.proboards.com/

Knight / Knights 0f The Round Table ~ Albion
    Ridirean an Round Table ~ Hibernia
    Ridderne av det Runde Bord ~ Midgard

Sites are FREE HOSTED and Contain Adverts from the Host Provider (Ues an Add-Blocker)
  • That's an excellent work around. Thank you Arthur_PenDragon!
  • edited July 2023 PM
    Criosdh wrote: »
    Long time "retired" DAoC player here. Albion/Nimue for life. Even though it doesn't exist anymore. :-(

Are there any UI/interface mods that are approved by Broadsword (is that who owns the game now?) to make keybinding, etc less cumbersome?

I logged in the other day to piddle around and couldn't bring myself to type an encyclopedias worth of /qbind 1 2 4 to set up 2 or 3 hot bars lol.

Any recommendations? I gotta say the game is definitely better in memory than it is when I actually play it now, however, I will 100% admit that if the game was updated so that the interface was up to speed with modern MMOs, and maybe the movement was a little less clunky I would be back to being all in. I played this game for well over a decade without ever missing a months sub, in fact for most of those years I had 2 or 3 accounts (including my wifes account). Nothing has quite been able to replace DAoC for me.

Here is Korts UI:
    (This is a really really deep UI with great maps - one of the all-around-best ever made)
    https://forums.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/comment/34831

Here is my UI:
    (It's made for RvR mainly, and has lots of features for high end pvp and group vs. group combat.)
    https://forums.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/4462/deth-guild-u-i-ver-3-0#latest

Kort's suggestion is what I do as well. I set up all the general stuff I use on every character and then leave the first 3 banks on each hotbar open for character specific stuff. I then save those in a safe place because sometimes patches wipe out your hotfbars.

I'd pay real money for a sprint toggle that stays on - maybe we should set up a UI features request for the team.
    Post edited by Northerncross_G on
    - The derision of your enemies is the highest possible form of praise.

- I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept clown-world so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.