Heard Broadsword is looking to tweak vanish

2»

Comments

  • I saw screenshots of Runningwithscissors and bluefingernails getting Blizzard Bladed for 1200-1400 damage. I mean they are R12+++ and can't figure out how to cap cold resist in a template...
  • Look... the stealth classes aren't the problem. Typically, 99.9% of them if found solo on any of my visi's are free rps. They have code from the pally rr5 that counts the number of people in the group and adjusts the pally rr5 accordingly. They should do that with the stealther abilities. Sure... They could all stay ungrouped but there are major benefits to being grouped. The abiltiy to see each other's health is huge. The ability to see where everyone is on the map is huge. Back in the day people typically didn't run over 3 in a stealth group since coordination was extremely tough. Especially before voice comms were common. Not being able to see each other in group would be a huge nerf to the stealth grps. Limiting abilities while grouped and further limiting them while grouped with more would make it more interesting. Also, don't forget a lot of stealth groups have been running with heals too.

    But back to the original issue. Make it so vanish 1 is the cap and vanish doesn't work while grouped and problem solved. They should also considering looking into decreasing the power (duration) of zephyr and phase shift while grouped for those with the stealth skill. IMO.
  • Llewd wrote: »
    Look... the stealth classes aren't the problem. Typically, 99.9% of them if found solo on any of my visi's are free rps. They have code from the pally rr5 that counts the number of people in the group and adjusts the pally rr5 accordingly. They should do that with the stealther abilities. Sure... They could all stay ungrouped but there are major benefits to being grouped. The abiltiy to see each other's health is huge. The ability to see where everyone is on the map is huge. Back in the day people typically didn't run over 3 in a stealth group since coordination was extremely tough. Especially before voice comms were common. Not being able to see each other in group would be a huge nerf to the stealth grps. Limiting abilities while grouped and further limiting them while grouped with more would make it more interesting. Also, don't forget a lot of stealth groups have been running with heals too.

    But back to the original issue. Make it so vanish 1 is the cap and vanish doesn't work while grouped and problem solved. They should also considering looking into decreasing the power (duration) of zephyr and phase shift while grouped for those with the stealth skill. IMO.

    preeeeeach!!
  • Zephyr immunity also does not work. I've been double and triple zephed so many times lately.
  • Esel wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    3. Many people seem to think taking away ability to see each other would really hurt stealth groups. I don't. They would just adapt. They can still assist. And use ground targets to find each other. It would just be mild inconvenience they would adjust to

    I think you are overestimating your average stealth zerger here. To those good enough to adapt, then why not? Good play should be encouraged.

    Some of us have been around long enough to remember not being able to see grouped stealth mates. With VON, it will be easy to coordinate attacks/movement if you are willing to.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited May 3 PM
    Vanish :
    - Only usable when you got attacked first and were not the person inishiating the fight.
    - Only usable when ungrouped.


    You can pick your fight. If you lose you lose. Isnt something like this a compromise?
    Post edited by Dreadone on
  • Vanish should be solo only use is agreeable. Only usable if you didn’t start a fight, if you did, cannot use unless added on.
  • Vanish works fine, but if you grouped it should be disabled.
  • Agaxa wrote: »
    Vanish works fine, but if you grouped it should be disabled.

    again, give me all the RPs I've not been awarded when a 'sin perfs me and realized he's made a mistake and then won't attack me for 15min... Vanish is an awesome ability it makes "hitting and running" a fun thing for assasins. What is shouldn't be is a reward for when you **** up. It should be a reward for when you kill someone quickly and want to get away from the many players ganking you or closing in to gank you after you just made a kill....
  • Leave vanish as is. It's an RA that's essentially the one get out of jail free card a Sin can use. Archers on the other hand have so many toys to use + FREE REMEDY.

    If anything it's time to remove free remedy...
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Leave vanish as is. It's an RA that's essentially the one get out of jail free card a Sin can use. Archers on the other hand have so many toys to use + FREE REMEDY.

    If anything it's time to remove free remedy...

    let's not forget how mez poison used to only be usable if you were a certain ML path and even then it was a 45min RU for the poison. and now they get to use it every fight,.. An elephant never forgets...
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Agaxa wrote: »
    Vanish works fine, but if you grouped it should be disabled.

    again, give me all the RPs I've not been awarded when a 'sin perfs me and realized he's made a mistake and then won't attack me for 15min... Vanish is an awesome ability it makes "hitting and running" a fun thing for assasins. What is shouldn't be is a reward for when you **** up. It should be a reward for when you kill someone quickly and want to get away from the many players ganking you or closing in to gank you after you just made a kill....

    What about those that attack someone, realize they won't win, stun/mezz/snare and SoS away, should you get RPs for them as well? This argument could be used in a lot of situations. Are you suggesting it should should only activate after getting a DB similar to the the old DB system they had/have when they got a kill?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Leave vanish as is. It's an RA that's essentially the one get out of jail free card a Sin can use. Archers on the other hand have so many toys to use + FREE REMEDY.

    If anything it's time to remove free remedy...

    let's not forget how mez poison used to only be usable if you were a certain ML path and even then it was a 45min RU for the poison. and now they get to use it every fight,.. An elephant never forgets...

    Mezz potion has been nerfed already what three diff times?
    Also all of the poisons have been nerfed at least three times on Sins...
  • KatKat
    edited May 5 PM
    Vanish is annoying, but is fine as is.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Stealth zergs are a cancer
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Armagedden wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Leave vanish as is. It's an RA that's essentially the one get out of jail free card a Sin can use. Archers on the other hand have so many toys to use + FREE REMEDY.

    If anything it's time to remove free remedy...

    let's not forget how mez poison used to only be usable if you were a certain ML path and even then it was a 45min RU for the poison. and now they get to use it every fight,.. An elephant never forgets...

    Mezz potion has been nerfed already what three diff times?
    Also all of the poisons have been nerfed at least three times on Sins...

    You are blowing my mind. Who cares if mez poison had been "nerfed" 100x.. The cooldown is 1346136.610% lower than what it used to be for years, so you're argument is invalid. Anyways, I still miss all the old poisons...

    @Dreamscape Your comparing a visi to an assassin. Apples to oranges my friend. There's a reason people complain about 'sins and not Skalds on these forums
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Armagedden wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Leave vanish as is. It's an RA that's essentially the one get out of jail free card a Sin can use. Archers on the other hand have so many toys to use + FREE REMEDY.

    If anything it's time to remove free remedy...

    let's not forget how mez poison used to only be usable if you were a certain ML path and even then it was a 45min RU for the poison. and now they get to use it every fight,.. An elephant never forgets...

    Mezz potion has been nerfed already what three diff times?
    Also all of the poisons have been nerfed at least three times on Sins...

    You are blowing my mind. Who cares if mez poison had been "nerfed" 100x.. The cooldown is 1346136.610% lower than what it used to be for years, so you're argument is invalid. Anyways, I still miss all the old poisons...

    @Dreamscape Your comparing a visi to an assassin. Apples to oranges my friend. There's a reason people complain about 'sins and not Skalds on these forums

    Not trying to compare, I just don't see what the difference is whether someone drops vanish to escape a losing fight or someone SoSing, speed/phase shift to escape a losing fight. Why all the hate about the assassin ability?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • null

    Funny you say that I talk about how sick I am of souj classes daily in discord. Fz and run is a lot more prominent than vanish.

    Leave vanish alone, or disable it for groups only
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Armagedden wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Armagedden wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Leave vanish as is. It's an RA that's essentially the one get out of jail free card a Sin can use. Archers on the other hand have so many toys to use + FREE REMEDY.

    If anything it's time to remove free remedy...

    let's not forget how mez poison used to only be usable if you were a certain ML path and even then it was a 45min RU for the poison. and now they get to use it every fight,.. An elephant never forgets...

    Mezz potion has been nerfed already what three diff times?
    Also all of the poisons have been nerfed at least three times on Sins...

    You are blowing my mind. Who cares if mez poison had been "nerfed" 100x.. The cooldown is 1346136.610% lower than what it used to be for years, so you're argument is invalid. Anyways, I still miss all the old poisons...

    @Dreamscape Your comparing a visi to an assassin. Apples to oranges my friend. There's a reason people complain about 'sins and not Skalds on these forums

    Not trying to compare, I just don't see what the difference is whether someone drops vanish to escape a losing fight or someone SoSing, speed/phase shift to escape a losing fight. Why all the hate about the assassin ability?

    The big reason is, is assassins are @$%ing tough. The other big reason is... THEY HAVE STEALTH ABILITY!!! I don't care if a skald SoS's away because I already saw him coming at clip range etc etc.. same with any visi.. Even if it's a speed class, at least if I am unprepared for a fight at that moment, I can turn and run the other way. That's the advantage.
  • Why don't just add a restriction that assasins need to be above 30% of health to be able to use vanish? In this case, you have to take a decision. Are you willing to bring this fight to an end or not? Do you see your chance in winning, so go for it. If not, use your vanish on time.

    Thats then another thing than just having your ejection trigger pulled in case of sure death, stealing an enemy the deserved realpoints for a winning fight.
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    Armagedden wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Armagedden wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Leave vanish as is. It's an RA that's essentially the one get out of jail free card a Sin can use. Archers on the other hand have so many toys to use + FREE REMEDY.

    If anything it's time to remove free remedy...

    let's not forget how mez poison used to only be usable if you were a certain ML path and even then it was a 45min RU for the poison. and now they get to use it every fight,.. An elephant never forgets...

    Mezz potion has been nerfed already what three diff times?
    Also all of the poisons have been nerfed at least three times on Sins...

    You are blowing my mind. Who cares if mez poison had been "nerfed" 100x.. The cooldown is 1346136.610% lower than what it used to be for years, so you're argument is invalid. Anyways, I still miss all the old poisons...

    @Dreamscape Your comparing a visi to an assassin. Apples to oranges my friend. There's a reason people complain about 'sins and not Skalds on these forums

    Not trying to compare, I just don't see what the difference is whether someone drops vanish to escape a losing fight or someone SoSing, speed/phase shift to escape a losing fight. Why all the hate about the assassin ability?

    The big reason is, is assassins are @$%ing tough. The other big reason is... THEY HAVE STEALTH ABILITY!!! I don't care if a skald SoS's away because I already saw him coming at clip range etc etc.. same with any visi.. Even if it's a speed class, at least if I am unprepared for a fight at that moment, I can turn and run the other way. That's the advantage.

    That makes sense.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • The whole mezz poison thing being 45 minutes to reuse.....you're forgetting that most of us STILL have stacks of 500 in our vault. Was not hard to accumulate and keep. I would have 3 or 4 Mez weapons at a time that would not necessarily loose it upon use.
    It's so easy to pop a stealther without stealth lore now how could you remove vanish? Leave vanish as is you're all over complicating it and crying over silly issues. Yes stealth zergs are annoying but so is herorius, and 8 man's that roll over well known solo players. Even irc steam rolls solos...it's the individual where the problem lies...not the game, or assassins ability to vanish. If you think about it....it's actually extremely easy to get away without blowing vanish for the most part of you know your environment and how to break los.
  • And i could be down with needing at least 30% hp left to use it like phase shift needs 50% stamina after all if you to hurt to move then you cant vanish. And the only time i vanish from a fight (when i have it) i only use it when the person im fighting goes from no hp back full.

    So if you want to remove vanish from sin give them ip so they can better compete with everything else.
  • Names wrote: »
    And i could be down with needing at least 30% hp left to use it like phase shift needs 50% stamina after all if you to hurt to move then you cant vanish. And the only time i vanish from a fight (when i have it) i only use it when the person im fighting goes from no hp back full.

    So if you want to remove vanish from sin give them ip so they can better compete with everything else.

    I want to agree. But I just want my RPs.... maybe if you Vanish make the player get 1k RPs and I'll be happy
  • edited May 7 PM
    You shouldn't get rps if you don't win...

    Or get something with stealth lore and use broken stealth to your advantage.
    Post edited by UncleMurda on
  • or simple if there are more than 5 stealthers in an area then stealth is reduced.
Sign In or Register to comment.