Dynamic Population Bonuses Return

13»

Comments

  • edited January 23 PM
    Kat wrote: »
    I have stated this numerous times. Yes, BS is responsible for the patches that have ruined the game. But, people have free choice, and are quite happy destroying what population is left in the game - exploiting BS's mistakes...as long as they get their rps. This goes for both stealth zergers and the Hib zergers. In time, all that will be left playing is the hib zerg taking undefended keeps, and stealth zergers. idk...maybe that is enough of a population to pay the bills..../shrug

    Yesterday i saw Kat zergers. They ran like 10 cats. What about that?
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • I will make a new last name: HibsDestroyTheGame
  • Kat wrote: »
    Mace80 wrote: »
    How is stunning someone before pbaoeing them irrelevant? I'm dumbfounded by this. Perhaps if you're standing in a lord room on a stack of pbaoe'ers in a zerg on zerg fight yea...you're not going to stop and stun a single target. But in small man/solo hell yes, I'm stunning that mofo before I run onto him and pb him down with the ultimate cheese. No other pbaoe class can do that alone. Wizzy/cabby would get interrupted, perhaps a SM can do it with his BS intercepting pet but still... Eld/Chanter can both pull it off easily.

    I have stated this numerous times. Yes, BS is responsible for the patches that have ruined the game. But, people have free choice, and are quite happy destroying what population is left in the game - exploiting BS's mistakes...as long as they get their rps. This goes for both stealth zergers and the Hib zergers. In time, all that will be left playing is the hib zerg taking undefended keeps, and stealth zergers. idk...maybe that is enough of a population to pay the bills..../shrug

    THIS is the post I meant to quote and reply to:
    Mace80 wrote: »
    Population was bound to drop after the holidays. It always does. However, the current garbage with Hibs running wild over this game and being virtually unbeatable in any type of siege situation is driving more people away than what would typically be associated with seasonal pop. flux.

    I place a ton of blame for that on those choosing to play hib when they could help the alb/mid populations.

    People choosing the tree because it is currently easy mode and Herorius has secured relics for them are, IMO, just as at fault for killing the game as BS is. (I've always contended that a toxic player base is one of the game's biggest issues)
    Stealth zergs are a cancer
  • What you suggest to do now @Kat ?
  • edited January 23 PM
    Exactly hibs destroying the game . People dont realise they kill the game ... its sad , really sad
    Post edited by Hellblast on
  • Hellblast wrote: »
    Exactly hibs destroying the game . People dont realise they kill the game ... its sad , really sad

    By doing what? Play the game?
  • KatKat
    edited January 23 PM
    Kroko wrote: »
    What you suggest to do now @Kat ?

    1. Hibs stop breaking all ports all day, every day.
    2. Hibs that have multiple realm accts try other realms - spread out what is left of the population.
    3. Superior groups that have chosen to stay on hib, try helping low population realms get their relics back, instead of piling on the current unbalance, grinding the remaining mid/albs into the ground. Could be the heros of the realms, instead just going for rps in a dead game
    4. Stealth to be taken out of the game. Make it so grouped stealth can't see each other. Decreased percent of rps for each stealther in a group. Get rid of the ability that lets sins stealth a visi. (wishful ideas, not practical)
    5. Albs and Mids work together to take back their relics.
    6. Mids and Albs to stop attacking each other when the other realm is going for their relics - not permanently, just while there is this huge population imbalance
    Post edited by Kat on
    Stealth zergs are a cancer
  • 1. you cant tell people what to do.
    2. Sounds good, but again, you cant force people which realm to play.
    3. Sounds good, but im afraid they are not interested.
    4. I guess, this will not happen. I personally dont care much about it.
    5. Sounds good!
    6. Sounds good!
  • null
    By zerging over and over , cutting port , and dont try to balance population . Like Kat said .
  • KatKat
    edited January 23 PM
    Kroko wrote: »
    1. you cant tell people what to do.
    2. Sounds good, but again, you cant force people which realm to play.
    3. Sounds good, but im afraid they are not interested.
    4. I guess, this will not happen. I personally dont care much about it.
    5. Sounds good!
    6. Sounds good!

    Ofc I can't tell people what to do. You asked for suggestions....so I made suggestions. Hibs are making the choice to hurt the game. There are options they are not willing to explore. They just don't want to help vs hurt. Not much anyone can do about that.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Stealth zergs are a cancer
  • Mace80 wrote: »
    How is stunning someone before pbaoeing them irrelevant? I'm dumbfounded by this. Perhaps if you're standing in a lord room on a stack of pbaoe'ers in a zerg on zerg fight yea...you're not going to stop and stun a single target. But in small man/solo hell yes, I'm stunning that mofo before I run onto him and pb him down with the ultimate cheese. No other pbaoe class can do that alone. Wizzy/cabby would get interrupted, perhaps a SM can do it with his BS intercepting pet but still... Eld/Chanter can both pull it off easily.

    If you stun someone and take the time to run up you wasted a majority of your time to try and get into position to pbae. You could have used that time to just stun and range nuke them down instead (both situations assuming they don't purge).
  • edited January 24 PM
    It is high time for Broadsword to make a significant gesture ... The population and the balance of the game have not been there for a long time ... To want to copy other games and not listen to players, Broadsword went into the wall (just look at the numbers players that drop from day to day) Closed the game if you don’t want to listen to the players that are making you live and not the other way around ! for example : The point of no return seems to be finally reached with a group and a half of mid who take a yellow keep without any defense at 9:00 am (euro time) lol /clap Haartocrepower ...PS : sorry for my english ...
    Post edited by Morsanto on
  • The following is a modified (and badly translated i guess) german saying.

    Being dumb is not a tragedy for the ones being dumb, they're playing Hib already, but it's a tragedy for all the others...
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Hellblast wrote: »
    Exactly hibs destroying the game . People dont realise they kill the game ... its sad , really sad

    By doing what? Play the game?

    Mids are trying to play also, but only 2 mids cracked the top 50 rps for last week.... and that's far from an anomaly. http://www.excidio.net/herald/list/character:lwrps::1::0:desc:::1
  • Kat wrote: »
    Kroko wrote: »
    What you suggest to do now @Kat ?

    3. Superior groups that have chosen to stay on hib, try helping low population realms get their relics back, instead of piling on the current unbalance, grinding the remaining mid/albs into the ground. Could be the heros of the realms, instead just going for rps in a dead game
    Because it's easiest to 8man and zerg on hib right now. There is a natural tendency for 8mans to go to the realm with least action on it, so you have the most to fight, and underpop bonuses help that as well, unfortunately playing hib right now is so fun they've decided to go for the 10m rp in 3 weeks that they just couldn't get elsewhere. There's always a mid 8man or so running EU/US time but they aren't cracking the top 100 rp weekly, not even with underpop bonuses. If it were just a talent disparity, the talent would go to mid for easier rps.
  • Koe wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    Kroko wrote: »
    What you suggest to do now @Kat ?

    3. Superior groups that have chosen to stay on hib, try helping low population realms get their relics back, instead of piling on the current unbalance, grinding the remaining mid/albs into the ground. Could be the heros of the realms, instead just going for rps in a dead game
    Because it's easiest to 8man and zerg on hib right now. There is a natural tendency for 8mans to go to the realm with least action on it, so you have the most to fight, and underpop bonuses help that as well, unfortunately playing hib right now is so fun they've decided to go for the 10m rp in 3 weeks that they just couldn't get elsewhere. There's always a mid 8man or so running EU/US time but they aren't cracking the top 100 rp weekly, not even with underpop bonuses. If it were just a talent disparity, the talent would go to mid for easier rps.

    You know the overall population is in a bad state when one group dominates the entire server. RIP Ywain.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Shay, it isn't just their group...its all the little wannabes that suckle at the IRC teats. Plain and simple to those denying that hib isn't incredibly broken/unbalanced atm... I'll just say you don't see IRC killing zergs on their albs or mids.... they are spending an exorbitant time on hib atm because it is easy mode due to classes/abilities/synergy and Hero's zerg setting them up with significant bonuses.

    They are no doubt some of the best players in the game right now. Thats said, choosing the tree at log in is akin to playing the game on easy settings. I fully agree its their money and they will play how they want. However, they could do so much to help the health of the game by playing the underpopulated realms (unless its hib. I logged in a few days ago and hib had a 40% bonus so I went with them.... we smoked a massive alb zerg with about 2 groups and it was easy as hell...so in that case...underpop meant nothing)
  • @Koe
    You have other problems too apart from who gets most rps?
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    You know the overall population is in a bad state when one group dominates the entire server. RIP Ywain.

    agreed
  • Mace80 wrote: »
    Shay, it isn't just their group...its all the little wannabes that suckle at the IRC teats. Plain and simple to those denying that hib isn't incredibly broken/unbalanced atm... I'll just say you don't see IRC killing zergs on their albs or mids.... they are spending an exorbitant time on hib atm because it is easy mode due to classes/abilities/synergy and Hero's zerg setting them up with significant bonuses.

    They are no doubt some of the best players in the game right now. Thats said, choosing the tree at log in is akin to playing the game on easy settings. I fully agree its their money and they will play how they want. However, they could do so much to help the health of the game by playing the underpopulated realms (unless its hib. I logged in a few days ago and hib had a 40% bonus so I went with them.... we smoked a massive alb zerg with about 2 groups and it was easy as hell...so in that case...underpop meant nothing)

    It's a combination of both.

    Hib is by far the best realm to pbae on. Hands down. They're the only realm to have viable bomb and open field group setups in one. It's also the most difficult realm to bomb against.

    Euro time, Hero runs around with 8-12 R12 Heros by his side. You can't wipe his zerg in a bomb.

    US time, Rescu zerg is a bag of RPs, waiting to be collected.

    However, you say hib is broken, but put any other group of players, anyone left other than these guys, and you won't make more than 50% of what they make.

    So yeah, pbae changes were dumb and provide an advantage to hibs in pbae situations. But that's half of the reason they make that many RPs.
  • The real problem comes from Broadsword, which is dumbing down to make nerve patches towards other realms without even thinking about the consequences (it is also to wonder if they played or still play the game) In short, BS must communicate regularly because paying a subscription equivalent to a game of 2018 or other is a shame in view of the loss of population due to their blindness ... Regarding Herorius bus the llama behavior of these players destroy the game and apparently it does not bother BS ... Broadsword and herorius lamas have been killing the game for a long time, and as usual the reactions are very late I think Ywain is well dead they killed the last real Mmo ... Without modification or return to a more balanced version the wall is straight ahead! I’d be curious to see the numbers of subscriptions that must have melted like snow in the sun!
  • edited January 27 PM
    Koe wrote: »
    it used to be that eld/chanters/ments had substantially lower delve dd's because of their ability to stun.

    That is absolutely false - Enchanters/Mentalists/Eldritches had the 209 spec DDs in their respective Light specs all the way back to Old Frontiers - this was only usurped by Fire Wizards and Darkness Runies who had the 219. The difference was: the 209 delve DD was at 45 spec, and the 219 delve DD was at 47 spec - theoretically the scale per spec point is very similar (depending on how you want to calculate it).

    Hib casters also had the 179 baseline DD that almost everyone (Mid Mystics, Alb Elementalists, etc.) had (originally Alb Mages only had the 164 delve Lifetap at 45, until Essence Devourer was added at 50).
    Koe wrote: »
    Shoke wrote: »
    I don't know, I took my information from another place that stritctly follows the 1.65 ruleset, which came out 15 years ago. I wouldn't trust BS information to have anything accurate.
    It's okay to be wrong, Light chanters only ever had the aoe melee debuff speed until a few years ago, Now they have the melee speed, absorb, melee damage debuff and heat debuff dd.

    Absolutely false - in old frontiers, Light Enchanters had the almost same debuffs they had now - the only addition was the melee absorb debuff (like Reavers and Runemasters have). The AoE dehaste in Light spec is nothing new - the single target dehaste in Mana spec is brand new. In fact, the melee damage debuff in Old Frontiers actually interrupted - go watch some old movies like Free Rps and you'll see the typical 49/22 spec Enchanters using it.

    I could keep editing your comments in this thread, but I don't have the 20-25 hours to do so~

    Personal comment: they should probably find a way to reduce stun duration in keeps or "block it," like a Stormlord-esque ability that reduces stun duration on everyone inside a keep.

    Post edited by Enkertons on
Sign In or Register to comment.