Dynamic Population Bonuses Return

Based on feedback we've received since the 1.126 patch, the Dynamic Population Bonus feature is active once again!

As a refresher, here's how the system works:
Dynamic Population Bonus
  • This system will reward underpopulated realms with bonus realm points to help offset and stabilize population imbalances.
  • The current bonus status will be displayed to players when viewing the realm selection screen and in-game on the /realmwar 'bonuses' window.


realm%20select.png

  • The dynamic population bonus is re-calculated every 15 minutes and only calculates based on the number of players within the New Frontiers region.
  • The bonus amounts are as follows:
    • 81-90% population of most populated realm: +10% RPs
    • 71-80% population of most populated realm: +25% RPs
    • 61-70% population of most populated realm: +40% RPs
    • 51-60% population of most populated realm: +55% RPs
    • 41-50% population of most populated realm: +70% RPs
    • 31-40% population of most populated realm: +85% RPs
    • 0-30% population of the most populated realm: +100% RPs
  • These bonuses will stack with all other bonuses!



Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

  • Finally a step in the right direction
    FoH/Bodycount/Asatruar
    Unsubbed
  • fix the stupid boat glitch please holy hell
  • Namelez wrote: »
    fix the stupid boat glitch please holy hell

    Not the post for this

    And +100 from me <3
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • edited January 14 PM
    Impounded wrote: »
    Namelez wrote: »
    fix the stupid boat glitch please holy hell

    Not the post for this

    And +100 from me <3

    Im sorry was this the post for it? https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/2995/boat-glitch#latest

    speaking of, your lips must be getting chapped bc you do have some brown on your nose bud.

    They finally got bullied into making changes so why not keep the pressure up
    Post edited by Namelez on
  • I'm sure in another 2 months they'll address something else. =P
    "We are Broadsword. We have a passion for growing and evolving interconnected online worlds. We believe in quality and strive to deliver compelling content, energized communities and top tier service to all of our players. We are all passionate gamers and we love to work with our communities of committed, hard-core gamers. In the end, for us Broadswordians, it's all about providing an unparalleled experience to Every Player, Every Day"
    - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Alright Alright Alright.
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    I'm sure in another 2 months they'll address something else. =P

    At this point anything they address is a bloody miracle. Enjoy this blessing
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    I'm sure in another 2 months they'll address something else. =P

    At this point anything they address is a bloody miracle. Enjoy this blessing

    I'm enjoying the extra $30 per month ;)
    "We are Broadsword. We have a passion for growing and evolving interconnected online worlds. We believe in quality and strive to deliver compelling content, energized communities and top tier service to all of our players. We are all passionate gamers and we love to work with our communities of committed, hard-core gamers. In the end, for us Broadswordians, it's all about providing an unparalleled experience to Every Player, Every Day"
    - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    +1

    Yay

    +70% yay
  • Namelez wrote: »
    fix the stupid boat glitch please holy hell

    Fairly sure the boat glitch is due to lack of computer memory. That fixed it for me. Zero instances since I got 2g more ram. Just my 2c. Cost me ~$30 or whatever.
  • Namelez wrote: »
    fix the stupid boat glitch please holy hell

    What's the glitch?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Yeah keeping the pressure up real good there bud... Good job posting it in the right section...

    Proud of you!!
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • KoeKoe
    edited January 15 PM
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    Namelez wrote: »
    fix the stupid boat glitch please holy hell

    What's the glitch?
    When you glitch off the boat without riding it all the way or disembarking and then can't get on again until you relog.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • I thought the 'boat glitch' was the one that allows you to pan out and out and out and stay that way.
  • edited January 15 PM
    Koe just type /disembark even when it looks like your off the boat. The problem seems to be the lag when getting on boats.
    Example:
    Your client send a request to the server to get on the boat (lets call this message A). To make thing seem snappy the client places you on the boat in the next open seat.

    At the same time (or slightly before) a other player gets on the boat (and as they see the same open seat, as your message has not came in yet, they get in the seat you are getting in).

    When your message (message A) gets to the server it notices that the boat is full and probably ignores it (forgetting to tell your client to get off the boat).

    When the boat starts moving your client trys to move you with the boat but at some point the server says stop speed hacking you can't move like that and puts you back to where it thought you where moving fine. This whole time your client thinks you still have the onboat flag set and just tells you that you can't pickup boats (same message if you continue to get on the boat while really on a boat). So the fix is to just tell your client to get off the boat (it tells the server and the server says what the crap are you doing your not on a boat (and then does not tell your client or the client ignores it who knows))
    Post edited by rocketait on
  • rocketait wrote: »
    Koe just type /disembark even when it looks like your off the boat. The problem seems to be the lag when getting on boats.
    Example:
    Your client send a request to the server to get on the boat (lets call this message A). To make thing seem snappy the client places you on the boat in the next open seat.

    At the same time (or slightly before) a other player gets on the boat (and as they see the same open seat, as your message has not came in yet, they get in the seat you are getting in).

    When your message (message A) gets to the server it notices that the boat is full and probably ignores it (forgetting to tell your client to get off the boat).

    When the boat starts moving your client trys to move you with the boat but at some point the server says stop speed hacking you can't move like that and puts you back to where it thought you where moving fine. This whole time your client thinks you still have the onboat flag set and just tells you that you can't pickup boats (same message if you continue to get on the boat while really on a boat). So the fix is to just tell your client to get off the boat (it tells the server and the server says what the crap are you doing your not on a boat (and then does not tell your client or the client ignores it who knows))

    Doesnt always work. Sometimes when i type /disembark or hit my macro key to /disembark, it tells me i am not riding a boat. Immediately afterwards if i try to mount up on my horse, it tells me i cannot do this while riding a boat. The quickest solution for me has been to relog.
  • Koe wrote: »
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    Namelez wrote: »
    fix the stupid boat glitch please holy hell

    What's the glitch?
    When you glitch off the boat without riding it all the way or disembarking and then can't get on again until you relog.

    Btw you don't have to re log. You can type /mou and it usually fixes that bug that keeps your character on a boat or mount when you're not actually on one. Same happens with rams on a rare occasion and /mou fixes all of them for me and others I have told.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Bonus low population it s just a joke ... it doesn’t solve anything
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Koe wrote: »
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    Namelez wrote: »
    fix the stupid boat glitch please holy hell

    What's the glitch?
    When you glitch off the boat without riding it all the way or disembarking and then can't get on again until you relog.

    Btw you don't have to re log. You can type /mou and it usually fixes that bug that keeps your character on a boat or mount when you're not actually on one. Same happens with rams on a rare occasion and /mou fixes all of them for me and others I have told.

    What Impounded said. This used to happen to me quite frequently and /mou will "disembark" you from the boat.
  • This will have zero impact on the problem of realm stacking. How does any % bonus to an underpopulated realm work when it requires killing overpopulated realm members. The same old green spam every day means the overpopulated stacked realm has fun and sees steady RR progress. Maybe explain to the subscribers that don't engage in realm stacking why Broadsword is unable to come up with a solution? Are you not getting feed-back from people that try DAOC and find the RP wall at 50 and literally nothing to do 80% of the time? I'm sorry to be honest but the level of ineptitude in managing this active MMO is staggering.
  • edited January 18 PM
    I'll take it as an interim fix, but only if the larger picture is being worked on. Mid hasn't had a BG larger than 40ppl in nearly 2 weeks (down from 55+). I took a photo of us getting rolled by Hibs last night after the Alb zerg logged and it was a bloodbath. After nearly 3 hours most of us are brain dead and checked out. I appreciate the dedication Mids have shown recently but it's taking its toll as we've lost one of our primary BG leaders. I have stepped up as have others but I've only been back 9 months after having not played for 15 years and playing a class I'll be the first to say I suck at and don't want to play but necessity requires it.

    There is no reason Hibs shouldn't still have all 6 relics, but as a Mid I'm glad they've left them alone. Our current trajectory is downward currently and I'm fighting just to get 4-5 solid groups put together each night.

    We've had a really good last few nights all things considered I just wish the Albs would do something constructive. I can't even get my BG there to support whatever they are doing in time before they get pushed off a keep or tower.

    On topic in not sure why they changed the daily quests to get bp vs rp. In the long run it only hurts the low RR folks and outside of a handful of players was of little consequence to high RR folks. Pre patch you could hit RR5 in a week or less of consistent play. Now it will take longer post RR8 which benefits the established folks because it now takes longer to close the gap. In a game where a difference of 10 players in numbers is significant that's not helping anyone.
    Post edited by Rok1 on
  • KatKat
    edited January 18 PM
    So - HIb just took the mid power relic back and has 5 relics again. You can blame BS for this, but it really comes down to the people who chose to keep playing hib, taking relics and breaking ports.

    HIb zerg and stealth zergs are killing the game, and they seem perfectly ok with that. Anyone currently playing hib is responsible for the state of the population. I came back to the game about 4 weeks ago, and the entire time I have had to take long boat rides and fight hibs with 5 -6 relics.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Stealth zergs are a cancer
  • This will have zero impact on the problem of realm stacking. How does any % bonus to an underpopulated realm work when it requires killing overpopulated realm members. The same old green spam every day means the overpopulated stacked realm has fun and sees steady RR progress. Maybe explain to the subscribers that don't engage in realm stacking why Broadsword is unable to come up with a solution? Are you not getting feed-back from people that try DAOC and find the RP wall at 50 and literally nothing to do 80% of the time? I'm sorry to be honest but the level of ineptitude in managing this active MMO is staggering.

    If you cant manage to kill anything, maybe stop playing.
  • Broadsword hears nothing to the problem it is high time to unsubscribe from the game ... THX BS for nothing else:)
  • kinda reminds me of the old warhammer days---"bg" would take all the keeps then switch realms and take them back lol
  • good idea, we can farm each other
  • edited January 19 PM
    Kroko wrote: »
    good idea, we can farm each other

    Probably gonna have to. I don't think mids will muster much tonight. Hibs just Shermaning everything. Right now I don't even have enough guildies on to form a single group, much less the 2-3 groups we had just a month ago.

    BroadSword, you've failed. Just flip the switch and turn it all off.
    Post edited by Rok1 on
  • KatKat
    edited January 19 PM
    So it is 10pm est on a Saturday night. There are 58 mid players in nf, but the mid zerg is logging off. Some of them are doing curse.

    Hibs own Beno, Bled, Glen and all the towers on EV. And took all the relics today.

    Many in mid /reg and the zerg /as said they are done.

    Good job, Hibs! /clap
    Post edited by Kat on
    Stealth zergs are a cancer
  • edited January 19 PM
    It's not their fault.. bs made a bad patch that made hibs have a great bomb group right now, oh well they do that all the time (comes from listening to the wrong voices in your head). Now what's strange is how long it's taking them to try and fix the problem ( they talk about having a life but have you seen how many people are on there team, they can't ALLLL have life's right?). A lot of people will do what's easy and give a big reward. It's up to the game devs to balance things and make sure there pop will enjoy the game (right now maybe some are but they will stop when mids and albs take a break and forget to come back to the game).

    Stop blaming the hibs, the zergs, stealth, and that random guy that camps the dock with a yellow dog and blame the people we pay to facilitate the "fun" (game devs for anyone who missed it, it's the game devs I'm talking about).

    /Faceroll
    Post edited by rocketait on
  • The devs created a world, the players have free choice.
    Stealth zergs are a cancer
  • edited January 19 PM
    So do devs? I dont get what your talking about kat, this is not a discussion about the philosophical ramifications of free agency (though I could probably make a point that it may not exist (nurture vs nature, or debate if we have a soul or are simply a sum of our experience and situations)). Yes the devs created the world. But if you read the Eula that is not what your money buys, you buy the service. Yes people should act better, and telling them to act better is awsome. But when you rent a hotel room and someone craps in the elevator it's not my job to prevent/fix/encourage different behavior. I am simply saying if it's up to the devs to encourage different behavior (bonuses, mechanics, balance, ext) or live with the fact that if a player pays for fun and finds your service no longer satisfy they will simply go elsewhere.
    Post edited by rocketait on
  • rocketait wrote: »
    So do devs? I dont get what your talking about kat, this is not a discussion about the philosophical ramifications of free agency (though I could probably make a point that it may not exist (nurture vs nature, or debate if we have a soul or are simply a sum of our experience and situations)). Yes the devs created the world. But if you read the Eula that is not what your money buys, you buy the service. Yes people should act better, and telling them to act better is awsome. But when you rent a hotel room and someone craps in the elevator it's not my job to prevent/fix/encourage different behavior. I am simply saying if it's up to the devs to encourage different behavior (bonuses, mechanics, balance, ext) or live with the fact that if a player pays for fun and finds your service no longer satisfy they will simply go elsewhere.

    I agree devs made a mistake..no doubt. But, with that said, people are choosing to take advantage of that mistake and hurt the game. It is a mutual path of destruction, atm. Population used to be able to weather these mistakes. I am concerned that is no longer true and wish the players would have more long term thinking when making their choices.
    Stealth zergs are a cancer
  • yep, sounds reasonable, it is the type of thing that has to happen in abandoned games (and happens quite often in games where you have some control over your opponent/teammates). Even though this game is not officially abandoned it feels close to that. And as you noted, people taking advantage of the current state of the game can very much break a already strained community.

    So untill the devs do something can we stop smashing everyone into the dust (the rp/ relics won't be worth much if no one is left to fight).

    I would guess there is a large percentage of the population of this game who is older then a child (guessing the median age is probably closer to 30-40 haha) so maybe we can stop acting like children and be nicer to each other in general?

    But until devs do something I think I will unsub a few accounts (they got some days left but no need to keep auto renewal on right?) Though it's probably unlikely they are monitoring this, they probably just monitor number of accounts actively subbed but whatever.
  • I like how they're dedicating another whole patch to EC because the first patch didn't work. Makes me wonder what they'll do if this new patch doesn't bring in the players they want or need to keep the game alive.
    "We are Broadsword. We have a passion for growing and evolving interconnected online worlds. We believe in quality and strive to deliver compelling content, energized communities and top tier service to all of our players. We are all passionate gamers and we love to work with our communities of committed, hard-core gamers. In the end, for us Broadswordians, it's all about providing an unparalleled experience to Every Player, Every Day"
    - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • It's strange it's only one more patch to EC, you normally make a change (big change), then adjust it (nerf/buff), then make a adjustment (tiny modification), and you just keep dialing it in. Now yes maybe they could just make it perfect the first time but nothing is ever perfect (and thinking your first change was perfect could be a horrible thing (out of touch, bad metrics, tunnel vision, ext)). Iterative changes that build on feedback and knowledge gained on other changes is what this game needs.
  • @rocketait you can do that when you spend less than 4 months on each patch
  • edited January 19 PM
    Too many hibs its horrible , i cant believe people not switch realm instead of following the train .... like odds ballz or irc and some other guild . That kill the game
    Post edited by Hellblast on
  • Hellblast wrote: »
    Too many hibs its horrible , i cant believe people not switch realm instead of following the train .... like odds ballz or irc and some other guild . That kill the game

    The problem is, people want their 14.99 worth. If they wont get it in Alb or Mid then they will on Hib, simple as that.
  • I 200% agree @Shoke ! Fail fast and fail offen (and succeed aswell).
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    I like how they're dedicating another whole patch to EC because the first patch didn't work. Makes me wonder what they'll do if this new patch doesn't bring in the players they want or need to keep the game alive.

    They said they'd do an adjustment to EC after seeing how it was progressing. They said that from launch. I don't see the issue, some people just want to complain about everything.

  • This will have zero impact on the problem of realm stacking. How does any % bonus to an underpopulated realm work when it requires killing overpopulated realm members.

    I've been getting like 35-50k an hour (not near as good as some but I'm also not 8manning). That's enough for me to go out there even though 3/5 times i'm dead before I get any rps. It's those other 1-2x where I kill 2-3. So, yeah, it's very difficult to go out vs superior numbers. You seem to find small mans everywhere, even their own maze/solo spots. It's absolutely helping to create action, but yes, it is hard. If it were easy everyone would do it.
  • Koe wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    I like how they're dedicating another whole patch to EC because the first patch didn't work. Makes me wonder what they'll do if this new patch doesn't bring in the players they want or need to keep the game alive.

    They said they'd do an adjustment to EC after seeing how it was progressing. They said that from launch. I don't see the issue, some people just want to complain about everything.

    Except it'll be a solid 5 months later. By the time they make any adjustments, the EC players will have moved on. They had a narrow window to capture and retain them. That window has closed. Yes, I will complain when paying $15 / month yields less value than what's provided for free else where. Small team or old code can only go so far before you appear incompetent. Lack of transparency and communication is not helping their case either.
    "We are Broadsword. We have a passion for growing and evolving interconnected online worlds. We believe in quality and strive to deliver compelling content, energized communities and top tier service to all of our players. We are all passionate gamers and we love to work with our communities of committed, hard-core gamers. In the end, for us Broadswordians, it's all about providing an unparalleled experience to Every Player, Every Day"
    - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
Sign In or Register to comment.