Hello from a returning player

Hello everyone,

(A little backstory): I originally played on Lancelot back in the day, came back to the classic servers when they came out (Lamorak and Gareth) and now after speaking with a few friends that seemed a little more than interested in giving EC a run, I figured the hell with it, I loved this game so I'll go ahead and resub.

My biggest problem is, I don't remember virtually anything...ugh, noobitis strikes again. So, after spending a few hours last night moving toons, going through the returning player stuff...I almost have more questions than I did before I resubbed. I will thank you all in advance for maybe throwing out some advice/direction, I'd like to get up to speed a little to help out my friends when they come back too...

First off, is there a character builder somewhere (not templates) so I can try to remember how to spec my Pac/Mend Healer or my Fist Wraps Mauler? How bad off is a toon templated for Classic vs. ToA? I know they'll be some stuff to do/get but...I don't mind taking lumps in RvR, but we could hold our own on the classic servers with the gear that had ToA like bonuses (spell casting speed, range, etc.).

I guess lastly (for now) are there any guilds looking to recruit a few returning players that might have 100000000 questions and might be a little needy at first? If so, you can message me on Mooliani or Turnpan.

Again, thanks in advance, and looking forward to having some fun again!

Comments

• "First off, is there a character builder somewhere (not templates) so I can try to remember how to spec my Pac/Mend Healer or my Fist Wraps Mauler? "
    Look here, its not perfect, but the closest we have:
    http://www.excidio.net/charplaner/

"How bad off is a toon templated for Classic vs. ToA?"
    I played Lamorak for a long time and know the feeling. The short answer is your template will have gear that gives you something like 101/101 dex aka max. But on Yawain you can have 127/127 so its not horrible but you will be missing some serious "trinkets."

"are there any guilds looking to recruit a few returning players"
    There are plenty as long as you log into the game and show your face. Your play time will likely determine the guild.

Over the years there have been plenty of "returning players" and you can probably search for some of your questions on this board and google to get your answers.
  • My guild sentella has quit a returning players and will be happy to take you in help with anything you need. I play mostly na primetime about 8pm us central on nameswarrior or pretty much anything with name in it is me just send me a tell @DegenrateX
  • KoeKoe
    edited October 2019 PM
    Welcome back! Unfortunately it looks like if your account has an active subscription before EC begins, it won't be eligible for EC/free to play, though hopefully EC brings more low RR people out to fight. There are benefits to playing on a paid account, but just making sure you are aware of that.

Templating can be done and I would suggest getting the daily tower quest and following your realm's BG around to at a minimum get all 3 EV (Agramon) towers. That can be quickly done (the other daily quests also give decent Bounty Points). Bounty points can be used to create high level/valuable items. If you like to loner, running doppel loops is also a good way to get some rps (400 per) and bps (250 per).
    Post edited by Koe on
  • edited October 2019 PM
    @DegenrateX

My suggestion is to use Discord more than the forums to find a guild and get answers to your questions.
    Post edited by Shoke on