Bug report: pet deathblows and daily quests

When a minstrel pulse charmed pet gets the deathblow against a player, the minstrel will get any associated kill task credit (Buggane, Roaming w/friends, for the realm, etc will +1)

However anyone else in the group will not receive any credit.

Noticed (and confirmed) using minstrel pulse charm but it may also extend to hard-charm and most likely to mentalist pulse-charmed pets.

Comments

• Fairly certain this is a known drawback of running all pets and not just limited to a charmed pet + Minstrel.
    Pets doing damage in RVR will take rps/Solo quest credit/Solo kill if they perform the majority of the damage.
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Fairly certain this is a known drawback of running all pets and not just limited to a charmed pet + Minstrel.
    Pets doing damage in RVR will take rps/Solo quest credit/Solo kill if they perform the majority of the damage.

Can confirm. Used to let my Amber pet on my Cabalist "solo" people after the ridiculous pet patch. Didn't get solo kill credit =P
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • I am referring to a separate issue having nothing to do with pet damage % or minstrel loss of credit.

Pet deathblow causing no credit for other group members regarding group kill tasks from the General. Minstrel does, in fact, get credit; leading me to believe its not a feature but a (hopefully simple) bug.
  • edited July 2019 PM
    Bug #2,
    Very rarely the 1st attack melee against a new enemy will cause a full crash to desktop. 4x in the last 2 weeks total over 3 characters.

No idea as to any other factors but each-time it has been on the 1st style when coming into melee range of a new enemy that I had not hit before and weapons were formerly not out (ie weapons sheathed, also not 'in combat' previously).
    Post edited by Rohan on
  • Rohan wrote: »
    Bug #2,
    Very rarely the 1st attack melee against a new enemy will cause a full crash to desktop. 4x in the last 2 weeks total over 3 characters.

No idea as to any other factors but each-time it has been on the 1st style when coming into melee range of a new enemy that I had not hit before and weapons were formerly not out (ie weapons sheathed, also not 'in combat' previously).

Change how your buffs under settings. Also you might be accidentally swapping your weapon slots. This happens especially when swapping into the 2H slot
    Change how your buffs under settings.
    What does this mean?
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Also you might be accidentally swapping your weapon slots. This happens especially when swapping into the 2H slot
    Are you saying there is a known crash to desktop when swapping to 2h slot?

This happens especially when swapping into the 2H slot

It appears you are correct and switching weapons does seem to be a factor. 2h to 1h or vise versa on 1st attack sometimes, very rarely, causes crash to desktop.

Might also be related to MTX. I have an skinned weapon/shield or Jack Frost weapon on each toon that has experienced this crash so far. My toons without any MTX or skinned weapons have not yet had this crash. Some sort of loading issue occasionally with skinned weapons/shields?

• Further exploration of weapon switch (2h to 1h or vice versa):
    Approx another week without a single crash on toon with no MTX or skinned weapons.

Next test: a toon plagued by swap crashes with a full set of MTX’d weapons+shield (no less than 1 swap crash a day). Removing all skins, will see if crashes continue.
  • 11 days in:
    Toon with constant swap-crashes that went no-MTX weapons (kept an MTX ranged in the end): Still had 3 crashes in the first 2 days after removing all MTX, however not another crash since. I'd say the situation improved markedly considering it was at least 1/day with full a full MTX weapon kit.

My 'clean' toon that has no MTX weapons at all has had 1 crash total when swapping, ever. It happened just a few days ago when swapping and jumping at a ruined keep hole however the game hung longer than usual before hitting the desktop so it might be an unrelated crash.

My Vale had a crash with Blizzard, 1st attack against a new target after a swap (the normal crash QQ). I had no MTX. I guess Blizzard isn't an MTX but it has some weird properties. Blizzard has the same skin as Pictslayer other than color, and if you drop pictslayer into 2h slot on top of blizzard strange things happen with the color of your weapons... like your blizzard can lose its color entirely until you zone or do some creative swapping with other weapons. So maybe Blizzard is using a similar call for its skin like MTX? A bit of a guess, I dunno.