Friday Grab Bag - 06/07/2019

It's Friday, and that means it's Grab Bag time!

Don't forget to check out our May newsletter and make sure you get your vote in on our template poll, and test your DAoC knowledge in round two of our picture quiz! Let us know how you did :)

As always, thanks everyone for your questions, keep 'em coming! You can send in any game related questions you have for our DAoC Devs through our Grab Bag submission form. Please note this is for game mechanic questions. Feedback/ideas/suggestions should be sent in through our feedback form.

We have some updates below for everyone who's been asking about realm timers(!), so read on!


If you use the curse boots, like Soul Infused Greaves, it blocks the Shaman spells "Friggs remedy" and the group version "Fungal regeneration". Is this intended?

Thanks for the report! We’ve added this to our Bug Tracker and will take a look at how best to tackle it.


There is a house by mine that has been up for repossession for over a week saying 5 days until repossessed, when does it kick in?

House repossession is currently disabled. There was a minor issue with the condemnation flag not always being removed when accounts re-subscribed. Before those houses became erroneously repossessed, we went ahead and disabled repossession entirely for the time being. Houses that are currently condemned should remain in their existing state until we re-enable the process, but won’t ever get repossessed. When the process is re-enabled, all erroneously condemned houses (due to active subscriptions on the house owner’s account) will refresh and no longer show as condemned. Additionally, houses that should be condemned will start ticking down their timer again and once again be repossessed.

The process won’t be re-enabled until the next server downtime so there will be ample notification prior to this process being turned back on.


Would buying a keycode for Darkness Rising (New/old stock boxed) online grant the pre-order horse armour? Or is there any other way to get it?

Potentially an old Darkness Rising pre-order keycode could grant it, but only if it’s never been redeemed on another account before, so it would be a bit of a risk if you’re purchasing one from somewhere. Other than that, there is (currently!) no other way to get the “Mythical” saddle or light/medium/heavy horse armor.


We’ve been submitting feedback about the desire for realm timers for a while now, any chance they are coming with Endless Conquest?

After previously discussing that we were working on a Realm Loyalty system, we’ve been monitoring your feedback closely!

It turns out that many of you would prefer a realm timer over a loyalty system, and after some deliberation, we are going to do just that!

With Endless Conquest we will be implementing a short (30 minutes or less) realm timer to subscribed accounts in lieu of any loyalty system. EC-accounts will have a longer realm switch timer (in the 4 hour neighbourhood). Additionally, the realm switch timer will be changed to only be triggered if the character earned realm points and/or a player kill during their play session. This will allow players who are not participating in RvR to still switch realms freely while mostly resolving the major complaint of large-scale forces “realm-hopping” or “bandwagoning”.

We know that adding any additional realm switch timer will upset some of our players who enjoy switching back and forth at will. While this solution isn’t perfect for all play-styles we think it’s a happy-medium and one that should help reinforce realm loyalty with the impending influx of fresh recruits with Endless Conquest!

As always, we look forward to your continued feedback!


On last week’s grab bag you stated, "The first of those will be a “Classic” + Shrouded Isles + Housing server that will only progress to newer content if its player-base votes to do so."

When stating "classic" does this mean "Old Frontiers" ? I just want clarity on if this is an Old Frontiers type of server or just classic chars and rulesets.


To be determined. Once we’ve released Endless Conquest we’ll be engaging the community on those nitty gritty ruleset choices to see which one you’d like to see the most! Whichever version the first alternative server ends up being, there’s a good chance to be another with other options further down the road.



Only 11 days left on the [Manx] Loyalty Rewarded quest - so get your Gem of Swift Travels and 50k BPS or Level 35 token quickly!

Enjoy the weekend all :)


Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

  • Do a Mordred style server to get those crying soloers a place to play!!! lol
  • People have been asking for a Mordred server to return for years. Any chance of that ever happening?
    Yromain - Huntress
    Buffsteriya - Healer
    Buffssteria - Shaman
  • Stealth Legion would most likely try to stealth Zerg on a PVP server and get farmed.

    A PVP server would be fun on a rotational based season or ladder for sure.

    GL
  • Kiss My A.... Fateboi!! lol
  • A mordred event for a weekend would be awesome. Don't need a fancy rotating calendar, just do it for 2 days and see the reaction.

    Picking up flowers for 10 days isn't a fun event, zerging down a bunny isn't a fun event.

    Mordred ruleset event for a weekend, can be in a BG where you have to port so the sociopathetic stealth zergers can enjoy there 16v1 fights on EV.
  • 30 Minutes is a long time to wait to swap realms when you only have a few hours to play. I would suggest dropping this too 5-10 minutes for paid accounts. Sometimes you log into the realm you want to play to find no action and than have to swap to another to get a fight. A 30 minute timer would pretty much ruin my groups night.
  • Creaper wrote: »
    30 Minutes is a long time to wait to swap realms when you only have a few hours to play. I would suggest dropping this too 5-10 minutes for paid accounts. Sometimes you log into the realm you want to play to find no action and than have to swap to another to get a fight. A 30 minute timer would pretty much ruin my groups night.

    I think that's why they tied the realm timer to earning RPs / killing players as opposed to simply logging in a realm. You can usually gauge whether or not there's likely to be action by checking the population bonuses. The only time adding a realm timer may hurt is during the late nights or early mornings where it's common to see players switch around to make their own action. Ideally, there will be a boost in population when the timer goes into effect since it's tied to Endless Conquest. I wouldn't shoot it down just yet since we don't know what the population will be like.
  • 30 min timer sounds great! Glad this is finally being implemented. Realm hopping creeps are the worst.
    OAKEN - ASATRUAR
  • edited June 8 PM
    A Mord style server I wouldn't rule out, nor event, but on this you'd be talking distant future. Changing things for an event requires a bunch of dev work and atm we are fully focused on getting Endless Conquest through development, tested, and out, plus some addition plans to follow (Catacombs/housing and such). I wouldn't think that Mord style server would be the first type we'd do.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • So if you had people port to a BG and change the ruleset in that BG for FFA/mordred, that takes a lot of dev work?
  • They should just make a zone in Gaheris a FFA.
  • Bet you’d double the population in 10 minutes. lol
  • realm timer will be welcomed
    .
  • Actually. Make one Lv50 BG with all vs all, where you cant group up and only can enter solo. Hit everyone who zones in with an 1 minute stealth buff, Make it so, you cant attack during that stealth and 5 seconds after.

    Then ppl who likes to solo can solo without being rolled over by groups/zergs.
  • INACA wrote: »
    30 min timer sounds great! Glad this is finally being implemented. Realm hopping creeps are the worst.

    I thought stealth zergers were the worst.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited June 12 PM
    It turns out that many of you would prefer a realm timer over a loyalty system, and after some deliberation, we are going to do just that!
    This is clearly worded but removing the current loyalty system I think would be a mistake (and wasted dev time). Just add the timer.


    edit->: Also, will this be done on an account basis and not IP? 6 accounts here; I can logoff from Hib rvr and log rvr for Alb on my other account in 10 seconds, correct?

    Post edited by Substrate on
  • Substrate wrote: »
    It turns out that many of you would prefer a realm timer over a loyalty system, and after some deliberation, we are going to do just that!
    This is clearly worded but removing the current loyalty system I think would be a mistake (and wasted dev time). Just add the timer.

    There is no loyalty system currently implemented. Maybe they have started work on one but nothing has been revealed to us players about it. Imo, the timer should be added sooner rather than later to get feedback from the subscriber base.
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Substrate wrote: »
    It turns out that many of you would prefer a realm timer over a loyalty system, and after some deliberation, we are going to do just that!
    This is clearly worded but removing the current loyalty system I think would be a mistake (and wasted dev time). Just add the timer.

    There is no loyalty system currently implemented. Maybe they have started work on one but nothing has been revealed to us players about it. Imo, the timer should be added sooner rather than later to get feedback from the subscriber base.

    The current 'realm population comparison' for bonus RP is their 'loyalty system'.
  • Substrate wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Substrate wrote: »
    It turns out that many of you would prefer a realm timer over a loyalty system, and after some deliberation, we are going to do just that!
    This is clearly worded but removing the current loyalty system I think would be a mistake (and wasted dev time). Just add the timer.

    There is no loyalty system currently implemented. Maybe they have started work on one but nothing has been revealed to us players about it. Imo, the timer should be added sooner rather than later to get feedback from the subscriber base.

    The current 'realm population comparison' for bonus RP is their 'loyalty system'.

    The NF Population Bonus and the Loyalty System are two different concepts. The former is already implemented and rewards players for playing on an underpopulated realm. Based on their comments, there are no plans to remove this feature. The latter has not been implemented but was proposed to reward players for playing on a single realm for some determined time frame regardless of its population. Realm timers are being brought back in place of the proposed Loyalty System, not the NF Population Bonus.
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Substrate wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Substrate wrote: »
    It turns out that many of you would prefer a realm timer over a loyalty system, and after some deliberation, we are going to do just that!
    This is clearly worded but removing the current loyalty system I think would be a mistake (and wasted dev time). Just add the timer.

    There is no loyalty system currently implemented. Maybe they have started work on one but nothing has been revealed to us players about it. Imo, the timer should be added sooner rather than later to get feedback from the subscriber base.

    The current 'realm population comparison' for bonus RP is their 'loyalty system'.

    The NF Population Bonus and the Loyalty System are two different concepts. The former is already implemented and rewards players for playing on an underpopulated realm. Based on their comments, there are no plans to remove this feature. The latter has not been implemented but was proposed to reward players for playing on a single realm for some determined time frame regardless of its population. Realm timers are being brought back in place of the proposed Loyalty System, not the NF Population Bonus.

    Which makes my concern irrelevant. thanks :0
Sign In or Register to comment.