Stealth groups

2»

Comments

  • Westies wrote: »
    Give Mid a /use2 : summon Westies to fight for Mid and Westies grants a 500 unit radius SL for all of Odin for 2 min.

    I`d vote for it, but you would be a healer then. Hurray, no lightnings for 10xx damage on 40% resists in the back ! :D

    He could be summoned as a shaman.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Westies wrote: »
    Give Mid a /use2 : summon Westies to fight for Mid and Westies grants a 500 unit radius SL for all of Odin for 2 min.

    I`d vote for it, but you would be a healer then. Hurray, no lightnings for 10xx damage on 40% resists in the back ! :D

    Not to change subjects here, but I do find it [edited] how a "main healing class" can put up pure caster damage numbers. [edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • That is DAoC, it had always been this way. Balancing was always around rvr and groups, not around how a class can perform solo.

    I remember the times where i could oneshot a target as an archer without getting unstealthed. :D
  • Tanky wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    Give Mid a /use2 : summon Westies to fight for Mid and Westies grants a 500 unit radius SL for all of Odin for 2 min.

    I`d vote for it, but you would be a healer then. Hurray, no lightnings for 10xx damage on 40% resists in the back ! :D

    Not to change subjects here, but I do find it [edited] how a "main healing class" can put up pure caster damage numbers. [edited]

    The answer is because when the spec to achieve that kind of damage is utilized, the class is no longer filling the slot of "primary healer".
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Agreed with both @Sovereign and @Stoertebecker 100%!! I wish there was some way to agree with a post without having to make a comment. You know, like a "like" function. ;)
  • Well, Daoc is 17y old and it was never really balanced, maybe in 8v8 now. It was always about picking a class or group-setup that has some *advantages*. Do you remember FoTM? :D

    You can see that if we just pickup this topic again....stealthgroups. Annoying, yes i know...blabla.
    3 realms, 7 classes with stealth ability. No need to be a math genius, balanced would be 6 or 9. :)

    What did Mythic thought as they gave stealth to albions primary speed class?
    And why is it still Albion only, after the latest class changes? Where is the stealth for Skalds and Bards or the removal of stealth from minstrels? Would be logical if the balancing is around groups. :)

  • Westies wrote: »
    Give Mid a /use2 : summon Westies to fight for Mid and Westies grants a 500 unit radius SL for all of Odin for 2 min.

    I`d vote for it, but you would be a healer then. Hurray, no lightnings for 10xx damage on 40% resists in the back ! :D

    Summoning a Westies would bring Smite w/ him. It would be Odin's will.
    ~Westies
  • Tanky wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    To my knowledge, besides stealth classes, only Hib (Vamp) has stealth detection and *maybe* minstrels? So adding a buff to a class in mid shouldn't be an issue. Furthermore, remove free Vanish and speed boost completely. Shouldn't have a free get out of jail card if you are picking the fight.

    Midgard has it on the Savage Class Cloak, Vanish isn`t free, Vanish5= 30 Points, and Speedburst breaks on damage. Seems you don`t know much.

    I just returned after 2 year haitus, and I was told a recent stealther patch they go tit. OK, so I'm wrong on that. Doesn't change the facts here that stealth zerging needs to die a horrible death. Secondly, having a cloak with that ability is no different than an artifact...it's not an ability that comes with the class like Vamps get.

    I returned end of january after a ~9y break (think i left Gareth in 09), played a bit on a freeshard last year.
    What do you think were my first impressions? WTF isn`t nearly close.... :D
    It`s the current game/rvr design that encourage grouping for sneaks, so don`t blame the players. Your recent stealth patch was a recent stealth nerf, and nearly all rvr-action is centered around EV, Beno/Bled/DC. Not to mention that everybody and his dog wants this daily-bonus rp`s. I don`t think that will change in the near future.

    Yep, you can`t compare a /use on a cloak with an ability where you have to put in some skillpoints.
    On Alb it`s the necromancer with stealthlore, on Hib the Vampiir, and Midgard has the Savage Class Cloak.
    I don`t know much about Necros, but if you take a look on common vampiir specs you may notice that a vampiir has to sacrifice some other stuff if he goes for high/med Stealthlore.
    And the Savage class cloak has what? From what i know (correct me if i`m wrong).. 40% Stealthlore, 10 min duration, as a /use2, not as a charge.
    I´d prefer the class cloak for stealth detection, and you?

    technically the mentioned classes on hib and alb can have it up all the time. on mid one class needs an item to have it up 5 mins every 15 mins. it's not the same. that cloak on mid is a disaster to template as a savage.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Solicfear1 wrote: »
    The question I put to you, would u prefer action or no action?

    you call action in 50 in a bg vs a handful of ungrouped defenders action ? you want to face me 8 vs 8 or solo ? i don't think so.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    To my knowledge, besides stealth classes, only Hib (Vamp) has stealth detection and *maybe* minstrels? So adding a buff to a class in mid shouldn't be an issue. Furthermore, remove free Vanish and speed boost completely. Shouldn't have a free get out of jail card if you are picking the fight.

    Midgard has it on the Savage Class Cloak, Vanish isn`t free, Vanish5= 30 Points, and Speedburst breaks on damage. Seems you don`t know much.

    I just returned after 2 year haitus, and I was told a recent stealther patch they go tit. OK, so I'm wrong on that. Doesn't change the facts here that stealth zerging needs to die a horrible death. Secondly, having a cloak with that ability is no different than an artifact...it's not an ability that comes with the class like Vamps get.

    I returned end of january after a ~9y break (think i left Gareth in 09), played a bit on a freeshard last year.
    What do you think were my first impressions? WTF isn`t nearly close.... :D
    It`s the current game/rvr design that encourage grouping for sneaks, so don`t blame the players. Your recent stealth patch was a recent stealth nerf, and nearly all rvr-action is centered around EV, Beno/Bled/DC. Not to mention that everybody and his dog wants this daily-bonus rp`s. I don`t think that will change in the near future.

    Yep, you can`t compare a /use on a cloak with an ability where you have to put in some skillpoints.
    On Alb it`s the necromancer with stealthlore, on Hib the Vampiir, and Midgard has the Savage Class Cloak.
    I don`t know much about Necros, but if you take a look on common vampiir specs you may notice that a vampiir has to sacrifice some other stuff if he goes for high/med Stealthlore.
    And the Savage class cloak has what? From what i know (correct me if i`m wrong).. 40% Stealthlore, 10 min duration, as a /use2, not as a charge.
    I´d prefer the class cloak for stealth detection, and you?
    that cloak on mid is a disaster to template as a savage.

    Mhm, it seems the disaster works very well and very often. And compared to other class cloaks....
  • Tanky wrote: »
    Can something be done about this? Hibs and Albs are constantly running 1 - 2FG of sneaks. And of course all high RR and Albs always have a minnie with them. Honestly, 2FG of stealth....how much retard mode is this?

    stealth groups are fine....and balanced. except minstrels :-)
    the visible fullgroups adding stealthfights...that bothers me. can something be done about this?
  • Captns wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    Can something be done about this? Hibs and Albs are constantly running 1 - 2FG of sneaks. And of course all high RR and Albs always have a minnie with them. Honestly, 2FG of stealth....how much retard mode is this?

    stealth groups are fine....and balanced. except minstrels :-)
    the visible fullgroups adding stealthfights...that bothers me. can something be done about this?

    I'm sure the visi fg's also get upset about stealther groups adding their fights. Happens on both ends.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Captns wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    Can something be done about this? Hibs and Albs are constantly running 1 - 2FG of sneaks. And of course all high RR and Albs always have a minnie with them. Honestly, 2FG of stealth....how much retard mode is this?

    stealth groups are fine....and balanced. except minstrels :-)
    the visible fullgroups adding stealthfights...that bothers me. can something be done about this?

    I'm sure the visi fg's also get upset about stealther groups adding their fights. Happens on both ends.

    They`re upset anyways. What can we (as hibs) do if we see a nice fight between a fga and a fgm to show that we don`t add? ( yes, some fights are/were worth just watching them) Unstealth and wave? Yep....sure. :D :D
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Sorry @Stoertebecker, I see what you are saying. I wasn't insinuating that you should unstealth and wave, I was just responding to @Captns post (which might have been sarcasm...) to say that his feelings on visi groups adding their stealther fights is probably shared the other way around as well.

    For the record, when I see solo fights I usually will unstealth nearby and wave or emote just so they see that I didn't add their fight. With groups this would not be such a good idea. ;)
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
Sign In or Register to comment.