Macro Groups in RvR?

edited April 2019 in General Board
How stringent are the rules on macro groups in RvR and remind me what the punishment is?

I’d like to start running a full macro group or two full macro groups out in the frontiers. Can you imagine? Respectme’s macro zerg with 14 king’s gear nubs slaughtering Nexxron's sociopath stealth zerg and battling Herorius's noble army? Let’s face it, action has been getting sparse lately, so 2 fg would be as much as a 25% increase in NF population. I can’t imagine anybody except the most worthless customers would complain about it.

Maybe the rules on macro groups in RVR can be relaxed or add stipulations such as no trapping choke points or whatever the reason they were originally banned.
  1. Allow macro groups in RvR?25 votes
    1. Yes
      32.00%
    2. Yes - but with limitations
      20.00%
    3. No - keep them banned and keep the population low
      48.00%
Post edited by respectme on
Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 2019 PM
    Currently, macro groups are not allowed to be played in any pure RvR area such as New Frontiers or the battlegrounds, regardless if they are fighting monsters or players. You are allowed to play a macro team in mixed areas such as Darkness Falls or Passage of Conflict, and not limited to only fighting monsters there. Keep in mind though that if you travel to PoC with your team all at once you risk being actioned, so best take them there one by one.

Additionally, macro teams must consist of subscribed accounts, though since there are no trial accounts at the moment, this rule is currently obsolete, but keep it in mind.

The punishment depends on various factors, so there is no general answer to this, but repeated violation of this rule may end up in all accounts being terminated.
    Post edited by Lea_Broadsword on
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • Can we make a special rule that yoi get 1 free month of daoc everytime we kill Nexxron's stealth zerg?
  • That is a stupid way to word the "No" option. Make it neutral and stop trying to make it look like a completely negative choice.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Nexxron’s sociopathic stealth zerg? lol
  • Should stop running those Stealth Legion scrubs @Keltorius you’re better then that...
  • Finish that sentence!! lol
  • I’m still PAYING to play this game so I know I’m CRAZY!!!
  • Or just remove grped stealthers, thanks
  • Impounded wrote: »
    That is a stupid way to word the "No" option. Make it neutral and stop trying to make it look like a completely negative choice.

^ a true student of satire! Your wit must pay dividends.
    Keltorius wrote: »
    Nexxron’s sociopathic stealth zerg? lol

Exactly.

I'm disappointed in the community on this one. The names of those who voted no will be posted publicly and I'll be singling you out in the frontiers. I was looking for a change, now I'll have to go back to the drawing board.
  • run with the other cross teamers and pick on which stealthers you want to kill
  • edited April 2019 PM
    respectme wrote: »
    The names of those who voted no will be posted publicly and I'll be singling you out in the frontiers. I was looking for a change, now I'll have to go back to the drawing board.

Gosh darn, and here I thought for sure everyone would agree with you!
    Post edited by Impounded on

>Daoc Videos<
  • respectme wrote: »
    now I'll have to go back to the drawing board.

make a ranger called sociopathic and .... .

• Finish that sentence Tald!! lol

And.....NO!!
  • Btw, you should be happy we sneaks group up, there are nights on Hib were we ARE the biggest BG out there at certain times. lol

You just hate the fact we aren’t as easy to find as visi groups. lol
  • I think it's more because it's impossible to solo as a visible anymore because when you find one (stealther), there are 7 others right beside that are waiting to feast on a solo. However, it looks like you stooped the really lame healer hiding in a tower setup and I applaud you for it
  • We haven’t done that in a long time.
  • 3-5 sneaks is fine, usually that allows a good player to get 1 maybe 2 kills from the encounter. But running 8-16 just hurts my soul..

>Daoc Videos<
  • but the rr11/12 etc killing solo peeps doing boxes is ok as long as they are solo (not grouped)
  • Peeps getting killed doing boxes and rubble are going to be due to those 20k RPS you get for the solo quest
  • I killed a frostalf this morning doing rubble on my shade. We were both doing the same quest, I wasn’t camping the spot like some do.
  • Guilty conscience eh. It’s kinda sad when Stealth Legion makes you wished that SDN was still around.

GL
  • Free rps especially now if u just not let them stealth. < The active players will always win if there visi

• Damn right the should be. But u know im… Me.... :blush:
  • Weekly Supplies Quest. It’s available at the docks by Dun Crauchon, Bledmeer, and Beno
  • 70 boxes and 70 rubble. Worth 25k BPs
  • edited June 2019 PM
    null

Keltorius, no the reason I don’t like stealth zergs is I watch them remained stealthed and hiding as groups up to and including their equal numbers go by but when a solo or duo come through they pounce.

They hide from anything remotely challenging or even. When you catch them alone (if they don’t run for the hills) you can typically destroy them because they haven’t learned how to maximize their toons because they always have the crutch of their group mates.

I get playing for the socialization but I still want my opponents to have a good time and feel like they have a shot at success because that means they’ll come back. Getting rolled by stealth zergs over and over makes most people just log off. IMO they are bad for the game and it’s overall health.

/rant over
    Post edited by Mace80 on
  • I guess what pisses me off to some extent is that it’s ok for visi toons to zerg but not stealth. It’s ok for 3-4 sneaks to be grouped but no more than that. What BS should do is eliminate safe paths and make portal keeps like old frontiers had placed in EV
  • edited June 2019 PM
    Stealthers can not take on a well made group I have seen a 8 man take out 2 groups of stealthers easily I enjoy fighting other stealth groups more then fighting visi's if you run alone you die alone out there in rvr. I have fought against a small man with 2 tics and a sorc and a minstrel and they tore us up. Doing 54 damage a hit to a tic is frustrating our rangers do minimal damage to them also I hate fighting them on my hero also they have every toy under the sun. Now there is so much stealth lore out there now a days it hard to hide broad sword did the right thing on that it make it exciting for us out there now but if you run out there with just 2 people yes we will get you we are the boogeyman out there always be on your toes.
    Post edited by Badgor on

• Thanks Badgor. I was thinking along those lines comment wise but didn’t type it as it seems pointless anymore to debate or argue with clearly biased folks that either never played stealth classes or played them to any point other than in the battlegrounds. They do not face what we face. I run around alone a lot in the morning by myself and die but don’t complain about it. I’m in a RVR zone, there are NO free passes.
  • Stealth zergs aren't a problem for full groups. As a visi full group I like stealth zergs, if you find them without fighting another group they are basically free RPs. When they jam your fights half way they are a huge annoyance, but can be delt with.

Visi zergs aren't a problem at all, you see them coming, pop a speedwarp and off you go. You will even have some lag spikes telling you a zerg is about to arrive (thank you EV zone programming).

Visible zergs haven't killed any action because you can always dodge them, unless there are only zergs running. Stealth zergers seem to forget that it's because they stealth that they are such a cancer for visible small man and solo players.
  • edited June 2019 PM
    I hadn't played in a while but as a Hunter I mostly grouped with visi's, I remember running with Tvr' or Helzer in group and others, popping stealthers. Fun times! Grouping with other stealthers was not as rewarding.
    Post edited by Buffsteria on
  • edited June 2019 PM
    @Buffsteria

We often group stealthers to help kill stealth zergs, but the whole concept of a stealth zerg is to feast on smaller numbers. No wonder they are hated by 99% of the population.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • SWEET!!! New last name change time!! Thanks Shoke!!
  • I thought your name was "sociopathic stealth zerger" already ;)
  • New one coming!!!!
  • Badgor wrote: »
    Stealthers can not take on a well made group I have seen a 8 man take out 2 groups of stealthers easily I enjoy fighting other stealth groups more then fighting visi's if you run alone you die alone out there in rvr. I have fought against a small man with 2 tics and a sorc and a minstrel and they tore us up. Doing 54 damage a hit to a tic is frustrating our rangers do minimal damage to them also I hate fighting them on my hero also they have every toy under the sun. Now there is so much stealth lore out there now a days it hard to hide broad sword did the right thing on that it make it exciting for us out there now but if you run out there with just 2 people yes we will get you we are the boogeyman out there always be on your toes.

Far from a boogeyman when 3 of you die/vanish in a 6+ vs 1 fight xD

But your comment about tics is completely true. That class is beyond broken in small/solo spec. It's embarrassing how brain dead that spec is. Infinite snare, Great heals, Amazing damage, Side stun, Extremely tanky. Nothing screams OP like having everything wrapped up into one class.

>Daoc Videos<
  • Yeah, In CLOTH!!
  • ments are pretty nice too :)

specially wit the armor bonus ----
  • Still not as nasty as tics