recent trends in rp / population.

2»

Comments

• We miss you clumsy!
  • Came back to live last week to play a class I never played before (VW) and it has been a blast. The bird was getting a bit **** with how the mids were zerging 24/7.

Is it safe to assume that fun is where Clumsy isn’t?
  • Mids zerging? Guess we DO know where the Live Mids went.
  • Clumsy,xyorman, that whole lot, safe to say they were ruining the game with all their whining lol
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    Some of the numbers will return once the novelty wears off that “other” server.

Ding RR4L4
  • edited March 2019 PM
    You ain’t RR5 yet Clumsy....GO AWAY!!! lol
    Post edited by Keltorius on
  • edited March 2019 PM
    [edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • Word is returning birdbrains will lose all rps. They should.
  • Mild? Really?
  • Cartoan wrote: »
    Word is returning birdbrains will lose all rps. They should.

Nah, that's not necessary. They're already falling behind on the RR ladder while the rest of us continue to climb.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • @Cartoan salty much?
  • Cartoan wrote: »
    Word is returning birdbrains will lose all rps. They should.

that makes sense, we certainly don't want any of those people returning to Ywain, population is just fine here, we should do all we can to discourage those people from returning. /rolls eyes. you get my vote for 'moronic statement of the week'.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • 12 hour realm timer seems to work there :)
  • 47el wrote: »
    12 hour realm timer seems to work there :)

ofc it works there, how many people do you think are there that have templated level 50's in more than one realm ?

and they can afford to piss of some people and lose a few due to it, live can't afford that.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • @Muylae in all honesty I’d say 40-45%
  • Muylae wrote: »
    47el wrote: »
    they can afford to piss of some people and lose a few due to it, live can't afford that.

I believe ppl would adapt, and new blood that f2p brings in would know no difference. Sure the vocal majority of the existing playerbase would cry, but its no different to them crying about everything else.

I play all 3 realms because i can not because i want to - people jump realms for different reasons but it is in the minority for more action and balancing - the majority jump for easy rps and active zergs to /stick and to avoid the bigger fish.
  • if you switch realm, you don't get rp for 15 mins (discuss timers) would be far better than hours long timers to switch imho. that would discourage realm swapping keep (relic) defenders but would handicap casual players that just look to get a group in another realm when they can't get a group in one realm and they have chars in multiple realms

we need to find a way to prevent irc like groups to switch realm and for people re logging to different realms to defend a keep/ relic for rp gains. a no-rp period (15 mins) would do just that imho. if 15 mins isn't enough, maybe increase it with future patch, better to under-do it and increase later than to overdo it nerf it later. overdoing and nerfing later alienates people and alienated people are the first people to quit the game.
  • tald wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »
    47el wrote: »
    they can afford to piss of some people and lose a few due to it, live can't afford that.

I believe ppl would adapt, and new blood that f2p brings in would know no difference. Sure the vocal majority of the existing playerbase would cry, but its no different to them crying about everything else.

I play all 3 realms because i can not because i want to - people jump realms for different reasons but it is in the minority for more action and balancing - the majority jump for easy rps and active zergs to /stick and to avoid the bigger fish.

f2p is ages off

and the majority of people don't adapt, they quit.
  • I for one, welcome back all those who flew away to check out the adjacent meadows. Makes no never mind to me where they have been or what they have done. Always a light on and a welcome home hug :)

ksdeevafwhpa.jpg

Bumblebunny to the rescue !