Hot Fix: A Crash Fix

A huge thank you to all of the dedicated players who contributed their information and data to help us resolve this insidious issue!

• Players should no longer experience a crash-to-desktop in certain locations, including the Capital Cities and several dungeons or instances, though the crash could have theoretically happened in almost any area of the game.
    • If currently online, players will need to log-out completely and re-patch their client to obtain this update.
    • Thanks again to all of the players who helped us track this down!

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• No more Jord go boom?!
  • edited March 2019 PM
    Tested Jordheim. Didn't crash. Will collect more data points as the week goes. Looks good.

Edit: spelling
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Great work from community and nice to see that BS prio this annoying issue.
  • And 2 days after I cancelled both my account too. Would be nice to know what the problem was, as it was one of the most persistent issues in the game, Was it a 1 someplace in the code where there was supposed to be a 0? What caused it.
  • Ty!;)
    I have a few friends who still experience crashes, but in NF;) mostly in EV;) Crash to desktop;) One friend seems to experience this issue, but only on certain characters;) not all;)
    Not sure if you'll be addressing this? We are not sure what is causing this issue;)
    <3Baby;)
    Baby-Friar
    Babe-Reaver
    Babys-Warden
    Babydoll-Shaman
  • A couple of my group also experienced crashes in EV only
  • i haven't seen anyone mention a crash in jordheim since the update, great job BS.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.