Should volunteer mods have control over banning in game ?

2»

Comments

  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    yeah its funny how people take "time off" when somethin arises they have no answer to

    yet you say poop or **** and they there 3 misn after all day lonq to edit your posts no problem^^ lol

    its funny how iqnorant people are to thinqs in the world if its not happenin to them

    I would argue it's also ignorant to assume everyone is telling the truth simply because whatever they claim hasn't happened to oneself.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • keep that up you can work for trump and be on the supreme court in no time lol
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    yeah its funny how people take "time off" when somethin arises they have no answer to

    yet you say poop or **** and they there 3 misn after all day lonq to edit your posts no problem^^ lol

    its funny how iqnorant people are to thinqs in the world if its not happenin to them

    Yeah, it's not like anyone would have any reason to take "time off" especially during Christmas and New Years. Very suspicious.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    keep that up you can work for trump and be on the supreme court in no time lol

    I'd like to call this thread back to topic and away from politics. The only politics discussed are forum/game politics good sir.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • edited December 2018 PM
    luckly for us the truth can be found, carol is on the job, lets make sure to psot in this thread why my thread qot deleted and no reason was able to be qiven (just this last one I pm'd about, we don't need to qo back thro all of them heh)

    perhaps then you can make a judqement and not look (no) with no facts or any idea/clue talkin on what you've no idea about
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • I still vote against a conspiracy. You werent modded on the other post. If they were truly out for blood, i'd think they would have hit that one by now. Possible that they are just catching up and recovering from too much eggnog though.
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    luckly for us the truth can be found, carol is on the job, lets make sure to psot in this thread why my thread qot deleted and no reason was able to be qiven

    perhaps then you can make a judqement

    I sincerely hope you find closure, I really do. If this did occur it would be alarming to be sure. However, I would hope a thorough account of what happened is provided so that we truly know if this was just a failure of policy, a potential rogue mod, or a figment of your imagination. The kerfuffle this discussion has turned into needs closure, whatever that may be.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • edited December 2018 PM
    well once you become not terrible at this qame well consider your opinion

    but thanks for chimin in ;p


    and yes we'll patiently wait the results so you can see how talkinq about somethin uve no idea aobut, only makes you look really (no), afk till then /cheers
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    I still vote against a conspiracy. You werent modded on the other post. If they were truly out for blood, i'd think they would have hit that one by now. Possible that they are just catching up and recovering from too much eggnog though.

    Participating in this conversation was my daily dose of crazy. Now I can carry on with the rest of my day.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    well once you become not terrible at this qame well consider your opinion

    but thanks for chimin in ;p

    and yes we'll patiently wait the results so you can see how talkinq about somethin uve no idea aobut, only makes you look really (no), afk till then /cheers

    I think this is the true mark of defeat. Can't win an argument so change the playing field.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Sounds like @Huehuaehue wants to freely trash talk on these forums like he did on PC which these forums are clearly not made for. Light banter doesn't suit his needs apparently.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    well once you become not terrible at this qame well consider your opinion

    but thanks for chimin in ;p

    and yes we'll patiently wait the results so you can see how talkinq about somethin uve no idea aobut, only makes you look really (no), afk till then /cheers

    I think this is the true mark of defeat. Can't win an argument so change the playing field.

    puttinq an end to a pointless arquement isn't fleein, its understandin the intelliqence level of the other and realisinq there is no point

    im sorry if I offended you, I wasn't aware of your situation, im my defense you didn't make it known, im sure qod will forqive me
  • Again, once you bring RL into it, once you attack someone personally including their family, you (general you) will get modded.

    Once again, you tiptoe the line. Not taking this as a personal attack but some might. Take the chance of mis-interpretation off the field and modding can be avoided. For everyone involved.
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    yeah its funny how people take "time off" when somethin arises they have no answer to

    yet you say poop or **** and they there 3 misn after all day lonq to edit your posts no problem^^ lol

    its funny how iqnorant people are to thinqs in the world if its not happenin to them

    You act like carol is the only person on the forums that edits/mods... (Just stop)
    It was a holiday 2 days ago... of course the staff was taking time off. They're not here to answer your question the exact moment you ask one.

    I am used to you trolling and defending people that are blatantly in the wrong. But this is just over the top b*tching and playing the victim card. You know damn well you push the envelope and ride a fine line with 50% + of your posts.

    And the longer you keep this up the worse you make yourself look. Just saying you might want to stop while you're ahead. Because you're on your own with this one.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • if they restore the thread and even 1 out of 100 of you naturaly born with no fact haters aqrees it broke a rule ill never post aqain lol

    PLEASE let justice be served o:)
  • edited December 2018 PM
    and I am sorry for rantinq and makin a biq deal but sometimes it qets real fkinq lame, sorry for ventinq

    and sorry my stupid JEE key don't work and I use Q new keyboard is cominq ! lol ;p

    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    and I am sorry for rantinq and makin a biq deal but sometimes it qets real fkinq lame, sorry for ventinq

    and sorry my stupid JEE key don't work and I use Q new keyboard is cominq ! lol ;p

    No need to apologize. I disagree with a lot of post on here. Certain posters i disagree with more often than not. Doesnt mean anything, just that our opinions and interpretations are different. I still appreciate the ferocity that you inject into the game. I don't want to see this game fail. I've enjoyed it for years!
  • edited December 2018 PM
    I am not defending their past actions with deleting your thread I am simply defending carol because you started throwing her name around like it was 100% her fault you got modded and refuses to answer your question on discord. She clearly gave you an answer as to why she hasn't gotten back to you. Considering the time of year, it is VERY likely she did in fact take a holiday break. "SHOCKER"

    Wait for her response and stop trying to stir drama with the BS team. Maybe then you will know what it feels like to have your posts stay up for more than 5 minutes.

    There is things that I have seen get modded in the past that I don't agree with. So I am not against you or what you're trying to prove. Just the way you're trying to prove it is wrong.
    Post edited by Impounded on
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Please keep this thread on topic.

    Thank you.
    Daoc Moderator


    Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<

    Your Thread was closed to early? Feel free to PM me !
  • It is all part and parcel of the whole content of the thread...which I can't believe I just read.

  • didnt know you had to be a leet player to post here lol
  • The only thing required is that you are passionate about something that most will not quite understand but will love the opportunity to post comments.
    pod6aabtlqqp.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • edited January 4 PM
    was gonna wait a little longer for apologizes, but I think since I just got banned again for 24 hour, with 0 posts edited, 0 posts deleted, 0 emails sent, I dun think ill wait the 30 days after the using jesus's birthday as a disgusting excuse play

    ill take apologizes from all the doubters in here, as well as the mods to ;)

    thanks
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Not sure who you';re expecting to apologize, but ... a possible scenario?

    4. Refrain from admin or mod bashing. If you have an issue with a moderator or actions a moderator took, please PM an administrator (Broadsword). Discussing moderator actions is not allowed on the public forums. Anyone found to be abusing the complaint system will have action taken against them

    Not sure if what you did was within bound or out of bounds.... but thats for moderators or someone else to decide...

    Not defending them.. not scrutinizing you... just offering a possibility as to what happened.
  • edited January 4 PM
    when you all told me no, they never ban unless you broke a rule, they don't play favorites or ban for what ever reason they want

    and still we sit here with no reponse for deep, as you sit ignorant to anything not in front of your eyes, letting everyone know how unintelligent our community is

    *edit* your apology should be up front and first, for everyone to see ;)
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • edited January 4 PM
    "lol hue didn't break any rules and got banned and they couldn't give him a reason why 2 times in a row, lol im right its proof mods treat everyone the same, my name is sleepwell, apparently I didn't pass preschool everyone laugh at me" :D

    please stay out of intelligent conversations, thanks cheers !
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • edited January 4 PM
    i gave you a possible reason without pointing out the fact that you constantly "break" the rules. If you're not interested in help, then why post here at all unless you just want to whine on a open forum.

    I simply copied and pasted "their" rules into this forum so you might glance at them again in case you never read them in the first place, or misunderstood. You're free to call me uneducated., but maybe i'm not having the comprehension problem... maybe you are.

    They clearly state that if you have an issue with a moderator or the actions a moderator took, to please PM... thats pm.. private message if we arent sure what pm is an abbreviation for. DISCUSSING MODERATOR ACTIONS IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE PUBLIC FORUM. Not allowed to me means that you might have action taken against you.. .oh yeah.. thats the next line in rule 4...
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • edited January 4 PM
    anyways idc I just thought it was funny we all knew no reponse was coming, I was gonna wait like a month to bump it but I got banned yesterday for 24h with no email, no posts edited, no posts deleted lol

    and couldn't help keep my giggles in by some of the things said here by certain people :D

    (some mods I mean not you, you don't know any difference and that's ok, and totally not at all your fault)
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • You keep setting yourself up to get modded @Huehuaehue by discussing moderator actions on the forum which is against the CoC. There are other avenues you can use for "banter" if you are unhappy with how these forums are being modded.

    Regarding the actual thread topic, I do not think volunteer mods should have control over banning in-game accounts. However, they should be able to provide input regarding a potential ban based on a user's post history.
  • I know you're irritated and over it. I would be as well. But you really gotta stop poking the bear.
    The more you poke the more they're going to single you out for ANYTHING you do or say that could be considered violation of the ToS.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • You literally broke the coc several times in this thread alone.
  • edited January 4 PM
    Exactly. Others do as well.. daily. There is a trend though. Those that repeatedly do it are banned a lot more. To quote Charlie Murphy.. they are "habitual linesteppers" :smile: . The problem is if anyone is guilty of that, they cannot gripe to the community about it, because that in itself is breaking the CoC hahahaha...
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Guys -

    Refrain from admin or mod bashing. If you have an issue with a moderator or actions a moderator took, please PM an administrator (Broadsword). Discussing moderator actions is not allowed on the public forums. Anyone found to be abusing the complaint system will have action taken against them.

    https://forums.darkageofcamelot.com/code-of-conduct

    If you have an issue with how moderation is being handled, please bring it up directly with Carol or one of the Broadsword staff members via PM.
    Moderator - Dark Age of Camelot Official Forums
    Code of Conduct

    DAoC resources -
    Facebook Youtube Official Discord
    Camelot Herald DAoC Twitch
    Dark Age of Camelot Feedback Form
This discussion has been closed.