Should volunteer mods have control over banning in game ?

been banned in qame for forum posts, and now threatened with perma from some volunteer mod that is like the only person who bans me none of the others do, should volunteers be able to ban people in qame for thinqs they dont like on forum ?
  1. Should volunteer mods have control over banning in game ?31 votes
    1. Yes
      67.74%
    2. No
      32.26%
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • edited December 2018 PM
    ive been unfairly banned on postcount for shiittin on a mod there in qame, is some of the same mods there same here to? havinq control of banninq my in qame account ?

    (not sayinq that's why, im just sayinq In qeneral I don't think volunteers should be able to ban in qame)
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Honestly, they have control over things which the games runner lets them. They can also change their actions if not agree, so I see no point in this.

    Edit: Even if I wouldn't agree with every single action taken, it's their decision, so not much can be done about it, if appealing to broadsword for override doesn't work either.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • I'm ok them having power to ban you, as you seem to enjoy trolling just consider it being out trolled they are laughing on the other side for fun or to get under your skin no need to get mad it's just the internet after all
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

    Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • edited December 2018 PM
    this week a thread I made qot deleted, nothinq was wronq with it, I qot no msq from a volunteer or email, I pm'd carol said what was wronq with my thread it didn't break any rules ? she said I don't know wasn't me you should of qot an email ill look into it. well of course no reply back from her in a few days now

    why did no email come ? because nothinq was wronq with it, well then what was the problem ? the problem was the volunteer didn't like what or who the post was about (assuming their friend) so they removed it and couldn't send an email why because they cant make up some bull crap in an email

    now this same volunteer is threateninq to perma ban my account in qame for posts he doesn't like

    just sayin seems a lil fk'd up lol ;\
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • I know nothing about that, however I advise to solve it with them, Carol kindly answers me every time I had issue so far, but sure lots go in their hands too. Probably making this public if it's true doesn't help as much, they can delete whatever they do not like.

    Anyway, hope you don't get banned ingame for some minor forum behavior, however I saw some deleted topics from you, you didn't go easy on those mods. :D
  • Its pretty simple play within the rules abd avoid a ban, some people seem to struggle with both authority and learning from their mistakes. Remember they are volunteers, dont be an idiot and perhaps you wont get banned?
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • I feel like maybe its peoples way of creating competition by trolling, smack talk will be around for ever, i think some people just need a backbone and dish it back and have fun, i dont know what you did but if someone got worked up over it and suspended your account i do feel like that might be over the top unless your being vulgar with language in game and on forms then i think it should be looked at. We never know how old these people are that are playing. I wouldnt want my son reading some of this stuff thats on the boards or in region chat sometimes. This game can be played by a 10yr old without the parents really thinking of what can go on.
  • Just gotta create friendly competition, look how nates posts got real different, im sure he got alot of warning and got talked to by broadsword
  • Why are you treating the official forums like postcount @Huehuaehue? These forums are highly modded. Use a different forum if you don't like the mods or post within the rules.
  • Trash talking is fun and fine. I do it all the time.. never been banned once in game or on forums :) Just need to learn how to do it without taking it too far. They are even kind enough to allow banter. But now people got on this "Don't derail my precious thread" complaint train and will ruin even that luxury.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Pretty sure it has been stated that behavior on the forums can result in an in game warnings which in turn can lead to in game as well as forum bans. Can always ask 7K
  • I haven't seen any evidence of biased. The rules governing this board clearly state that both in-game and forum accounts are linked and misconduct on the forums can lead to censure in-game. The concept is pretty simple, say what you need to say in a civil, grownup manner and nothing will happen.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    been banned in qame for forum posts, and now threatened with perma from some volunteer mod that is like the only person who bans me none of the others do, should volunteers be able to ban people in qame for thinqs they dont like on forum ?

    Voted yes because this is BS forums and they make the rules. That is why I only lurk here and spend my tim on PC.
  • soooo do you have to have an active-paying- account to post on these forums----

    rules should be equal for everyone :)
  • if you choose to disregard clearly stated rules and or try an bend them by your own interpretation.
    play with fire, get burnt.

    90% of your posts are not constructive or beneficial to the community or the relevant discussion in anyway whatsoever.
  • I don`t think that a volunteer mod is going to ban someone ingame without consultation of the next higher instance.
  • It's so simple just to follow the rules on this forum. If you don't like it highly modded and you can't control yourself on the language you use then go to Postcount.net where it's lightly modded. Seriously can't people say nice things to each other? Do we always have to bitch at each other in order to have a good conversation. As someone pointed out would you say things to your neighbour or friends like this in real life? I don't think so, so respect people on here how you would treat people in real life. I know you are behind a keyboard that keeps you safe and think you can say the most hurtful things to people but that shows how much of a coward you are.

    Play by the rules and play nice all i can say!

  • What's the matter with your g brother... q?
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Auberne wrote: »
    What's the matter with your g brother... q?

    laptop five and jee keys went out so I been usinq Q, I ordered a keyboard last niqht lol ;\
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Just for info purposes, no one has been banned ingame for forum posts as of yet. That decision will rest with us (Broadsword) based on poster history, poster behaviour, content, severity, and moderator input. Our support team will take it from there.

    I think the mod was just reminding you mostly that what you post on the forum/get modded for can carry over to your game account. But again, as of yet this has not happened to anyone.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited December 2018 PM
    oh ya I remember what my 3 day ban was for it wasn't forum your riqht

    but it was somethin even dumber but lol

    but I did qet email threatenin perma in qame I still qot saved -_- from some volunteer loser
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • edited December 2018 PM
    edit nvm
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • edited December 2018 PM
    ops double post on this 1 !

    id ask you to post here why my last thread was deleted that you never qot back to me on, but embarasin broadsword miqht be fun for you but its not for us ;\
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    edit nvm

    This is why you're continuously targeted Hue. You continue to push the line.
  • I keep it real and people don't like to hear it

    I wasn't raised as a sheltered child, im sorry you quys are in the real world now, but you must qet over it
  • No need to apologize to me. Not my rules your breaking. But how can you be surprised or ask "why am i being modded" , when its so easy to read their CoC?
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    I keep it real and people don't like to hear it

    I wasn't raised as a sheltered child, im sorry you quys are in the real world now, but you must qet over it

    Says the person salty over forum decisions. I wonder when you will "get over it" although I think we both know the answer to that. No one is being "targeted". People have an over inflated sense of self-importance. More than likely they simply read every post and thread and handle it as issues occur. I doubt any forum moderator wakes up first thing in the morning with anyone's posts on the mind.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • did you read the part about how I qet threads deleted and bans without even qettin emails ? then when I pm carol she said she look into it and never respond ? because the volunteer's don't like the thread I made and remove it and have 0 reason and cant send an email with nothinq in it ?

    or do you just post without readin ? tbh that would be the best answer it wouldn't make you look so (no)
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Sovereign wrote: »
    Says the person salty over forum decisions. I wonder when you will "get over it" although I think we both know the answer to that. No one is being "targeted". People have an over inflated sense of self-importance. More than likely they simply read every post and thread and handle it as issues occur. I doubt any forum moderator wakes up first thing in the morning with anyone's posts on the mind.

    I think you're partially right @Sovereign . But also, certain people makes themselves targets. Those that really crave the limelight. They get it, but in return some see that as abrasive. That makes it really easy for someone to flag the poster. CoC 16 is one of the easiest rules to avoid, but its also the one that i think most people are modded for.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • I've read your claims but have never noticed the threads you say were removed. Not sure how you want me to evaluate your grievance without the ability to look at the threads. I'm surely not going to proceed just based on your word.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • edited December 2018 PM
    "hue makes threads that are aqainst 0 coc and qet deleted and no emails or anyhtin are sent to him because there is nothin he did wronq? lol hue you should read the coc" -iqnorants

    I know unintelliqent people can only see whats in front of their eyes and don't look at thinqs zoomed out and see other peoples point of view, but please leave your iqnorance out of my threads

    im tryin to be serious here^^

    im tired of make posts that don't break rules, qet deleted and no reason why ever told to me, then threatened with perma bans if I continue
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • n780729vaohl.png

    I don't take offense if you were calling me an "ignorants". Maybe "I" am the one misinterpreting CoC 16.
  • anyways I see there is no point, carol still wont answer why my last thread qot deleted when she pm'd me she'd look into it, it doesn't happen to others because I dunno I assume your terrible in qame and no one ever has a problem / even knows who you are so you cant see what isn't in front of you and I understand

    anyways sorry for the rant, put my north Korean nose down and qet back to work
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    "hue makes threads that are aqainst 0 coc and qet deleted and no emails or anyhtin are sent to him because there is nothin he did wronq? lol hue you should read the coc" -iqnorants

    I know unintelliqent people can only see whats in front of their eyes and don't look at thinqs zoomed out and see other peoples point of view, but please leave your iqnorance out of my threads

    im tryin to be serious here^^

    Simply creating a thread doesn't give you any power over it save the ability to request it being closed. You continuously state that your threads do not violate the CoC yet, if you are to be believed, they continue to be removed. If your point of view is accurate, surely Beib would've told the offending mod to cut it out by now. Yet you maintain the biased persists. This leads me to conclude you're either lying, delusional, or of such great importance that an entire company is conspiring to keep you off the forum with every tool other than the most convenient, banning. I wonder which of these three options is the most likely.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    n780729vaohl.png

    I don't take offense if you were calling me an "ignorants". Maybe "I" am the one misinterpreting CoC 16.

    theres quite a biq difference in beinq affected by someone bustinq your chops after beatin you on a video qame, then the admins qreatly inhibitinq your ability to have fun
  • Just pointing out that maybe you misinterpreted the Code of Conduct. I'm not sure why or if you're being targeted. But the above clearly shows that you do indeed make threads that are against CoC. I don't think you offend many if any. But "if" you do, you're making it easy for them to flag your post. Personal attacks arent clearly defined either. I believe Carol made mention that it could be said that someone really sux at their playstyle, but you can't say that the person sux. Maybe take the human error out of the equation and just avoid it all-together.

  • Sovereign wrote: »
    This leads me to conclude you're either lying, delusional

    instant reponses always, 5 days no reposne on yet another thread that qot deleted that broke 0 rules and couldn't have anything in the email to send me cuz some volunteer didn't like what it had to show

    pqbo7.png

    but aparantly you know everythin that happens to not you, so we'll let you call the shots^^


    just delete this thread @Carol_Broadsword
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    it doesn't happen to others because I dunno I assume your terrible in qame and no one ever has a problem / even knows who you are so you cant see what isn't in front of you and I understand

    Or more likely and logically, others don't make threads that violate the CoC in some fashion. The idea that you're such a huge deal in game and therefore your view point mustn't be allowed to influence the rest of the player population therefore BS moderators are going to engage in a conspiracy to keep you on the forum just not allowed to generate posts rather than just simply banning you is totally believable. /sarcasm off
    Post edited by Sovereign on
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • I think that sometimes there is an upset because there is something that someone wants to say in the way that they want to say it and the rules say you can't do it that way. The challenge is figuring out a way to word-slaughter your opposition in a genteel as manner as possible. Now I can’t pull that off, but look at you! Honey, it's not your fault. You just didn't know any better. Bless all y'alls little hearts, I do thank you for sharing :)
    7hsvbyvjnfba.gif
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • "someone made a post I didn't see and it qot deleted, I know everythin about it im soveiqn and I like to show everyone my inability to use the squishy thinq inside my head that makes me bad at daoc called a brain"

  • Yeah sorry I had a few days off for the holiday so still catching up and getting on top of things, this being one. Bear with me please!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    This leads me to conclude you're either lying, delusional

    instant reponses always, 5 days no reposne on yet another thread that qot deleted that broke 0 rules and couldn't have anything in the email to send me cuz some volunteer didn't like what it had to show

    pqbo7.png

    but aparantly you know everythin that happens to not you, so we'll let you call the shots^^

    just delete this thread @Carol_Broadsword

    Ok your snipet shows she responded to whatever question you asked her. I could PM her asking her why she was the second gunman on the grassy knoll and if she responds she'll look into it, that doesn't mean it's a valid question or even occurred, it only shows she's acknowledging that you have an open question.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Sovereign wrote: »
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    This leads me to conclude you're either lying, delusional

    instant reponses always, 5 days no reposne on yet another thread that qot deleted that broke 0 rules and couldn't have anything in the email to send me cuz some volunteer didn't like what it had to show

    pqbo7.png

    but aparantly you know everythin that happens to not you, so we'll let you call the shots^^

    just delete this thread @Carol_Broadsword

    Ok your snipet shows she responded to whatever question you asked her. I could PM her asking her why she was the second gunman on the grassy knoll and if she responds she'll look into it, that doesn't mean it's a valid question or even occurred, it only shows she's acknowledging that you have an open question.

    the difference is you assume people lie because your a I assume liar, the only thinq my parents ever tauqht me in life was to keep in real,[not needed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Yeah sorry I had a few days off for the holiday so still catching up and getting on top of things, this being one. Bear with me please!

    Unacceptable Carol, don't you know that you are the only outlet for internet nerds to rage against. You must be at their beck and call 24/7. Holidays, real life, family, etc. are not an excuse. HOW DARE YOU WITHOLD CLOSURE!
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Yeah sorry I had a few days off for the holiday so still catching up and getting on top of things, this being one. Bear with me please!

    How dare you! Hope you enjoyed the time off :wink:
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    This leads me to conclude you're either lying, delusional

    instant reponses always, 5 days no reposne on yet another thread that qot deleted that broke 0 rules and couldn't have anything in the email to send me cuz some volunteer didn't like what it had to show

    pqbo7.png

    but aparantly you know everythin that happens to not you, so we'll let you call the shots^^

    just delete this thread @Carol_Broadsword

    Ok your snipet shows she responded to whatever question you asked her. I could PM her asking her why she was the second gunman on the grassy knoll and if she responds she'll look into it, that doesn't mean it's a valid question or even occurred, it only shows she's acknowledging that you have an open question.

    the difference is you assume people lie because your a I assume liar, the only thinq my parents ever tauqht me in life was to keep in real,[not needed]

    Well if that isn't a violation of the CoC I'd be a bit surprised.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Again, once you bring RL into it, once you attack someone personally including their family, you (general you) will get modded.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • yeah its funny how people take "time off" when somethin arises they have no answer to

    yet you say poop or **** and they there 3 misn after all day lonq to edit your posts no problem^^ lol

    its funny how iqnorant people are to thinqs in the world if its not happenin to them
  • Again, once you bring RL into it, once you attack someone personally including their family, you (general you) will get modded.

    Silly Carol, haven't you been reading? It's all a conspiracy (spooky noises).
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • I quess ill just accept my position as jesus and pay the price for yall sins ! ;p

    hard out here for hey zues ! :'(
This discussion has been closed.