Realm Pride Reward Based On Consecutive Play Without Switching Realms

edited November 2018 in General Board
I mentioned this on a Facebook group a month ago. First, "realm hopping" is actually needed if the population or the type of action desired is unequal. However, one of the greatest and most diminished aspects of this game is "realm pride".

I believe this solution to be simple. Increased realm point and bounty point rewards based on the amount of consecutive play time without switching realms. It doesn't have to be a huge incentive at all. Just something extra so that people think twice before swapping realms.

I'm a realm hopper. I hop for the type of action I like. Roaming 8vX. However, I'd be happy to stick around on one realm longer, and seek other gameplay if there was an additional reward.
  1. Increased RP & BP rewards based on the amount of consecutive play time without changing realms:17 votes
    1. Yes
      70.59%
    2. No
      11.76%
    3. I eat paste
      17.65%
Post edited by Yzeron on

Comments

• edited November 2018 PM
    Post edited by Auberne on
  • edited November 2018 PM
    This seem to be pretty much another copy of that thread, so i will just give a copy paste reply to match the theme ;)
    Vrisslar wrote: »
    Honestly the more i think about all of this the less i like the idea.

Realm pride / loyalty whatever i really doubt will fix anything, people will go to where the win and quest completion are happening, cause people like to win and even with a 100% loyalty RP bonus 0 kill or close to it, are still 0 RP or close to it.

A realm pride buff is basicly a bonus to people that only chose to play 33% of the game, for the people that havent grown attached to chars, houses, guilds, friends, you name it, across all 3 realms for many years before it all got turned in to 1 server.

A person like me, that likes to switch realm to help the underdog cause i have more then enough chars and accounts from both EU and US to pick from, if i sit with 100% RP bonus realm pride buff, i can stay on the overpopulated site and keep my bonus, but if i choose to switch to the underdog to even out the fight im suddenly pooped on.

A person with multiple accounts, can just build 100% bonus on 2 different realms and hop around to join the winning side while keeping the bonus. ( 100% are ofc grabbed out of thin air and not how it should be. )

I fail to see what a realm pride buff will fix or do to help the underdog.

Personally the only way i see to help the low pop realms, is to help them defend and attack things or reward them for fighting against the odds, so the things i can think of are:

How about strengthening keep walls / gates, increase oil, siege, guard damage on the lower populated realms and let the keeps sapwn more guards that retire when population balances out, maybe let dead guards respawn faster too ?
    On top of this maybe weaken the walls and gates of overpopulated realm ? Just to toss something out there and not just shoot down ideas, sorry.
    Basicly let it all flow with population bonus as it updates.

Maybe do a RP pulse on keeps, like every 15 mins, a fight is going for a keep, a set pulse of RP's are rewarded to people in the area of the keep, if 60 players are in the fight, 20 defender, 40 attackers, then the defenders get a 100% bonus to the RP pulse cause the attackers are 100% more then them. ( Numbers are ofc grabbed out of thin air and should be discussed ) To prevent afking a combat timer will be required to be active to get the pulse or something like that.

Its the only things i can think of that will actualy help the underpopulated realms abit, other then a forced realm lock timer, you enter RvR, your locked to NF access on that realm only for 6 hours, again tho i doubt it will fix alot cause the losing side will probably have alot of people just going PvE or logging, and the winning side might have people locked to it that wants to help the underpopulated realm.
    Post edited by Vrisslar on
  • I don`t need more rp`s and i don`t need a rp-cookie for playing my realm. It`s this rp bonus here, quest rp`s there that killed the last bit of realm pride. Last but not least, any form of bonus for sticking with 1 realm can be easily abused, all you need is just 2 accounts.
  • 2 accounts is a win for BS. That’s $15 more a month