What is wrong with phase shift

Yesterday I was mezzed in ps...today I was rooted. (not ichor)

Anyone else getting this problem?
Tagged:

Comments

• Yes. Phase shift and zephyr have been broken since 2003. Always been about a 1 second delay between the animation and it actually kicking in. Seems to be exacerbated when casting spells
  • Phase shift's weirdness is much more recent -- it's not just at the beginning or an animation lag, used to be the only thing that affected people shifted was the tremendously op Theurg RR5, now, randomly, all kinds of weird crap happens...I am sure it's an unintended consequence from some other change but ....
  • Necro snare works on ps targets

Number One Assassin
    https://www.twitch.tv/vicomtessa
    [https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/vicomtessa
    Guilds: Shinobi / At Post Me /Vicomtessa
    http://www.excidio.net/
  • Hey Kat - yes - same issues. It's been really getting weird in the past 2 months(?)
    Also being hit with arrows in PS.
    Hit by pets also.

FZ - at times there is immunity, at times there isn't - and if you should have it and get caught by a FZ again, it last @3-5sec and you are again "in combat"
    If you are stealthed and get FZ'd it hits for 126 dmg and knocks you out of stealth and puts you in combat.

• Zephyr has had this thing for a long time where if you use poison or acid shot on someone riding a zephyr the arrow does no damage but the dot does. I have noticed this same thing happening with phase shift lately.
  • I wish it had just been the dot.. but we're getting hit at times by actual arrows.
  • It was a root shot that that got me in phase shift, not necro.
  • KatKat
    edited April 2018 PM
    Glad to see it is not just me.....does BS reply to these type of threads?

I thought I saved ss of the combat log that showed rooted while in ps...but I cant find it :(
    Post edited by Kat on
  • edited April 2018 PM
    Kat wrote: »
    Glad to see it is not just me.....does BS reply to these type of threads?

I'm not really sure.

A bug / game issue section in the forum would be great though
    Post edited by Ssavii on
  • SoS is also breaking on CC/dmg in some cases.
  • Odd, thanks, will look into, ty kindly.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • PS should cost 20% life to use.
    ~Westies
  • deam0 wrote: »
    Westies wrote: »
    PS should cost 20% life to use.

It already requires endo, ppl would kill themselves if it cost 20% health lol.

Exactly ..
    ~Westies
  • KatKat
    edited May 2018 PM
    So...just now, my dog was turned by ranger rr5, and I phase shifted. Combat log says: "you phase shift". Then: "The hunter's elder avatar hits your torso"

Never had that happen before. Maybe its normal and I have just been lucky?
    Post edited by Kat on
  • 0dy24fbr1qn9.jpg

forgot to add this
  • edited May 2018 PM
    Neither should be in the game. Especially available for anyone but a healer class. All ML and CL abilities should be removed. Certain abilities should be moved into certain class spec lines. This would not allow ps or zephyr to be used by archers.

Problem fixed.
    Post edited by Trix on
  • PS has been an issue for a long time. Bug reports have been made, documentation has been sent up the chain, going back at least two years. It has just got worse as the patches continue.
  • PS has negative effects like everything else.. If you time it wrong you're screwed. The only way I could see it being a problem is if you could crescendo while ps'd .. CL abilities aren't op enough to complain about and MLs are obtainable by everyone now so I don't understand the hate at this point.. Before sure, when there were so many that didn't have the time to acquire them.. I basically give ML tokens away for free these days
    ~Shard Junkie~
    Mother of Trolls
  • Certain ML abilities on certain classes is ridiculous. An archer having zephyr and/or PS is an example of this. Bodyguard and grapple is another example.

Less is better for the game. Fix the issues and Remove ridiculousness rather than adding more and more ridiculousness to the game.
  • KatKat
    edited May 2018 PM
    I opened this thread to discuss why phase shift is broken, and if anyone else is dealing with this. Not if it should be in game.

I have 3 classes that are rr12 and soj. I have never had the issues I have had in the last couple of weeks. It seems there is something wrong. Would appreciate know if this is something that happened with a recent patch, and if it can be fixed.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • The point is about issues with an ability in game that has is/has been bugged for a long time and getting worse. It is not about revamping said abilities. Fix the bugs, then move onto the discussion of who should have or not have these abilities and why.

FZ has been an issue with bugs for a long time....

• Trix wrote: »
    Neither should be in the game. Especially available for anyone but a healer class. All ML and CL abilities should be removed. Certain abilities should be moved into certain class spec lines. This would not allow ps or zephyr to be used by archers.

Problem fixed.

PS and FZ should NOT be available for a healer either. You're bias shows in your comment. That's why PS should take 20% life to use ...

Just think of the rage if they made SOJ avail to Clerics.
    ~Westies
  • Sure, why not. Then you can share cleric rr5....hell why not share smite while we are at it., Would be a lot of fun. Then share all the love with druids, then swap pets and give them to healers and clerics. We could make a big ole mess of the whole thing, would be great! Insta stun and mezz for everyone!

But wait, we would be back to ps not working properly and be right back at square one. So much for sharing the love.
  • i've been killed plenty of times while in phase shift with my savage... and it wasn't by dots.

and i have been killed so many times after entering a keep by DD's.

you enter a CK at 100 % health and you die the next second to DD's.

at this point BS should just fix stuff and stop adding new stuff.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • edited May 2018 PM
    @Kat I would assume it's a type of lag, maybe the pet was already in mid attack. There are some functions that take a second or 2 to start working. For example if you click someone and face them quickly, it will say that you face them before examining them. /shrug Looks like a quick PS tho, you cancel it? Or did not much happen during that time heh?
    Post edited by deam0 on
  • KatKat
    edited May 2018 PM
    I was almost dead @deam0 - so I hit ps for a bit of time to heal - but my own pet was turned against me and killed me in phase shift. It could be lag...that was one reason I brought this up...to see if it was just me. But when I mentioned in /reg, numerous people said they were having the same type issue.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Kat wrote: »
    I was almost dead @deam0 - so I hit ps for a bit of time to heal - but my own pet was turned against me and killed me in phase shift. It could be lag...that was one reason I brought this up...to see if it was just me. But when I mentioned in /reg, numerous people said they were having the same type issue.

Maybe because the pet is owned by you .. it goes through PS?
    ~Westies
  • edited May 2018 PM
    Westies wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »

Maybe because the pet is owned by you .. it goes through PS?

Unfortunately, no.
    Since I stopped using my dog, unlike Kat - so it's not it being her pet.

and Kat - have you been stunned in PS yet? Or mezz'd? That was a nice supersize for my scout last night.
    Post edited by Ssavii on
  • If you PS in pve the mobs can still hit you, maybe the pet is being treated by the code as a pve mob.
  • KatKat
    edited May 2018 PM
    that makes sense. Any idea why I got rooted by a shot from a ranger?

And yes, I was mezzed in phase shift. Once by a sin, but once was by a caster. It really has only been the last couple of weeks I noticed all this.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • @Kat iirc I rooted a bard in ps on my scout. Maybe its how the skill is coded since it doesn't even go down if it doesn't break bubble? Also your pet was probably ranger rank 5d, maybe it changes your pet from controlled to "mob type" allowing it to break through ps
  • I've noticed that sometimes when I FZ someone it will either just take them away or it will attack and hit them for 100ish damage then take'em away. Not sure why it attacks some and not others.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus