Battlegrounds are empty

Hello Guys,

I just want to ask you, if u think the same like i do.
About 3-5 years or even more the battlegrounds are underpopulated.
Is there anything planned, do we see more events like LvL 50 in Thidranki or Caledonia or smth else ?

Molvik and Cathal are the only bgs where u find action.

Best Regards and i hope this will be a good start as a discussion.
Kelteen :)
Tagged:

Comments

• i think its a symptom of leveling being so fast, and not being able to truly flesh out your character in the lower bgs. (ie not enough spec pts, restrictions to artifacts, /uses) ect. would be nice if they applied a rp bonus to the lower bgs like they do for lvl 50 rvr
  • Solivos wrote: »
    i think its a symptom of leveling being so fast, and not being able to truly flesh out your character in the lower bgs. (ie not enough spec pts, restrictions to artifacts, /uses) ect. would be nice if they applied a rp bonus to the lower bgs like they do for lvl 50 rvr

i agree, it would be nice if there are more events for bgs, they are quite fun. :)
  • I wish cathal was full of people!
  • CV is hit and miss for action. The others are dull, however, due to the rubble quest, at least you can maintain some RP and get the title quests done.
  • The things I'd like to see changed are the return of /level 20. It was cancelled to boost new player experience and because there was a new player leveling experience but with BG's and bp quests being so strong it's like nobody bothers with the other stuff anyway. So having /level 20 could allow people to revisit Thid again at least. IMO Cathal, Molvik and Thid is ample BG content for the current player base.

The other thing is that atleast with Molvik and with Cathal especially charge > all and as someone who likes to play characters without an I-win button templated light tanks, valks, reavers and vamps are such a pita to fight that it can be a game breaking experience and so I usually level out or log out before I find myself with a KDR of 1:15 deaths to the same charge class.

I imagine others feel this way also.
  • /level was great but with Endless Conquest on the horizon and what it brings, if there's new or returning players leveling up, to have /level 20 would mean not as many people to group and level with.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Harkie wrote: »
    The things I'd like to see changed are the return of /level 20. It was cancelled to boost new player experience and because there was a new player leveling experience but with BG's and bp quests being so strong it's like nobody bothers with the other stuff anyway. So having /level 20 could allow people to revisit Thid again at least. IMO Cathal, Molvik and Thid is ample BG content for the current player base.

The other thing is that atleast with Molvik and with Cathal especially charge > all and as someone who likes to play characters without an I-win button templated light tanks, valks, reavers and vamps are such a pita to fight that it can be a game breaking experience and so I usually level out or log out before I find myself with a KDR of 1:15 deaths to the same charge class.

I imagine others feel this way also.

Charge Tanks in Molvik are payback for all the Theurgs, SM's, Mini's, and Skalds in Thid
  • I would like to see the big quests removed from the battlegrounds or at least the level 1-30 ones. There is a good set of quests that will get you from 1 to 30 rather quickly while teaching you about the game,relam,map and items.

I ran these on alb last weekend with a friend and it was actually enjoyable. Got to level 30 quickly with gold and equipment to spare.
  • I was pretty sad to see Thid without people in it. I haven't played in many many years and I came back and started completely over from level 1. I had planned to stay in Thid for the next 4 levels but no one was out there playing except for a couple questers.
  • Ithy wrote: »
    I would like to see the big quests removed from the battlegrounds or at least the level 1-30 ones. There is a good set of quests that will get you from 1 to 30 rather quickly while teaching you about the game,relam,map and items.

I ran these on alb last weekend with a friend and it was actually enjoyable. Got to level 30 quickly with gold and equipment to spare.

I disagree with having "big quests" removed from the battlegrounds. While I get that there are other quests that may provide more instruction, not everyone needs instruction and some just want to quickly and quietly quest/level which the battleground quests perfectly accomplish.
  • Maybe adding quests that give some Rps while killing people in these BGs, would make people stay a little longer in it and make them alive again!
  • just raise the rr caps... will have people staying longer, twinks comming back to cap their chars, doesnt take much to get the ball rolling, and who cares if u can get r4 in molvik 5 leirvik 6 cv or w/e, not like it hurts anyone, people need to get used to fighting superior rr's anyway... and if this brings life back into bg's ... win win
  • Please dont...all These molvik toons are just rolled to dominate other players/classes, be it learners, by-passers or other fully templated players. Giving them even higher rr-caps will Not solve anything. While BGs ofc are crucial when it comes to learn a class and game Mechanics, most of the "inhabitants" just want easy wins and will never get to lvl 50 and see real RVR. This again leads to less Population of NF-zones

• Moradan wrote: »
    real RVR.

Some of us aren't made of the same stuff as you, Sergeant York.

• The rubble quest giver should be in the BG's
  • Whyane wrote: »
    The rubble quest giver should be in the BG's

definitely!
  • How about triple RPs in a new BG each week?
  • Tanakeo wrote: »
    just raise the rr caps... will have people staying longer, twinks comming back to cap their chars, doesnt take much to get the ball rolling, and who cares if u can get r4 in molvik 5 leirvik 6 cv or w/e, not like it hurts anyone, people need to get used to fighting superior rr's anyway... and if this brings life back into bg's ... win win

No, this is why they are empty in the first place. People that aren't cowards go there to xp, and they would RvR as well, but there is no point because all the xp off cowards ruin it. Make two BG's, one that only xp off players go into, and another that xp on players go into. Give it a week, maybe two, and the xp off BG will be dead. Cowards are cowards, and with no guaranteed win, they will leave. Then, you could have some fun in BG's, and as a boost, there would be more lvl 50 toons to populate the end game.
  • Bravery as measured in a video game.

Just wait until puberty.

That's when things get really cool.
  • Bravery as measured in a video game.

Just wait until puberty.

That's when things get really cool.

Guessing I struck a nerve, go figure...
    FYI, showing cowardice has no bounds, you can even do it in a video game.
  • sounds about right, Zayden
  • Actually you will find a lot of mids and hibs in Molvik lately more than albs, so i was wondering why people choose to play hib/mid more than alb? i am hoping that something will be done balanced wise, so we can see more of all 3 realms not just 2?