Midsummer, Traveling Merchants, and Hot Fix Notes

The Midsummer celebration is upon us with a brand new event! Midsummer and the traveling merchants will run from today, July 26th, 2018, through August 23rd, 2018.

Read on for the full notes, including some Hot Fixes which are now live!
Midsummer Event
A brand new Midsummer Event is now live!

Find and speak with the following NPCs to participate:
  • Guy in Albion's strength relic town (Catterick Hamlet)
  • Garmr in Midgard's strength relic town (Godrborg)
  • Salle in Hibernia's strength relic town (Criar Treflan)

The event is made up of 2 stages:

• During Stage 1 of the event, level 50 characters will be offerred the [Midsummer] Dragon Eggs quest from Guy, Garmr, or Salle.
    • Each completion of this quest grants 1,000 realm points!
  • The first realm to complete 150 of the [Midsummer] Dragon Eggs quests wins the first stage!
    • When one realm wins, the other 2 realms' progress is not lost and they can pick up where they left off after stage 2 is complete and the event has reset.
    • After a realm wins, no realms will be able to turn in the [Midsummer] Dragon Eggs quest again until the next stage is completed and the event has reset.
    • Players can speak with Guy, Garmr, or Salle in their relic towns to check the event's current [status].
When a realm completes Stage 1, Stage 2 begins.

• During Stage 2 of the event, level 50 characters will be offerred the [Midsummer] Spirit of War quest from Guy, Garmr, or Salle. A Dark Dragon will spawn and CAPTURE one of the following enemy realm keeps:
    • Albion is victorious: Nottmoor Faste, Blendrake Faste, Hlidskialf Faste, Dun Crimthainn, Dun Bolg, or Dun da Behnn
    • Midgard is victorious: Caer Berkstead, Caer Erasleigh, Caer Sursbrooke, Dun Crimthainn, Dun Bolg, or Dun da Behnn
    • Hibernia victorious: Caer Berkstead, Caer Erasleigh, Caer Sursbrooke, Nottmoor Faste, Blendrake Faste, or Hlidskialf Faste
    • The captured keep is chosen randomly.
      • However, a keep can only be captured if the winning realm does not already own it.
  • Dark Dragons repeatedly destroy the outer walls of any keep they are flying over.
    • For the duration of this event, keep walls on all keeps will not provide realm points when repaired. Keep doors still provide realm points when repaired.
  • Once a keep has been captured by the Dark Dragon, any realm can take it and defend it.
    • Once a realm has taken the keep, the keep behaves as normal and the Dark Dragon will not ever re-capture it; however the outer keep walls will still be repeatedly destroyed as long as the Dark Dragon is alive.
  • The Spirit of War will spawn to battle the Dark Dragon at the keep.
    • Players that fight within ~8,000 in-game units of the Spirit of War will receive the "Spirit of War's Mark" - a 75% realm point buff that lasts 30 seconds and refreshes instantly so long as you remain in range of the keep.
      • This buff does not stack with or overwrite Buggane's Folly or Lone Wolf buffs; however if either of those buffs are currently active they will need to be dropped for the Spirit of War's Mark buff to affect the character.
  • Once a Dark Dragon has spawned and captured a keep, the [Midsummer] Spirit of War quest will become available from Guy, Garmr, and Salle.
    • This quest asks players to earn 25 enemy realm kills while they have the Spirit of War's Mark buff active.
    • This means players will need to fight in and around the keep (roughly 8,000 units around each keep) in order to receive quest credit for the kills.
    • Complete this quest to earn the Midsummer's Triumphant Wrap!
  • After the Dark Dragon and Spirit of the War have battled over a keep for 45 minutes, the Spirit of War will summon Dragon Ballista siege weapons that can be used to kill the Dark Dragon.
    • These Dragon Ballista will do negligible damage to everything except the Dark Dragon - but beware, the Dark Dragon doesn't like their attention!
    • Killing the Dark Dragon will cause the inner keep to be destroyed and it's door to be opened!
    • Once the Dark Dragon is killed, the Spirit of War will only remain so long as there is still a battle being waged at the keep.
  • If, after roughly 3 and a half hours, the Dark Dragon has not been killed, it will retreat from the battlefield.
    • Once the Dark Dragon has retreated, the Spirit of War will only remain so long as there is still a battle being waged at the keep.
    • If the Dark Dragon retreats, the inner keep and its door are not destroyed.
  • Once the Spirit of War leaves a keep, the event resets and the [Midsummer] Dragon Eggs quest can be obtained and completed again.
Let the siege battles begin!

Traveling Merchants
  • The Traveling Merchants make their return and hawk their wares in the following locations:
    • Albion: just outside Castle Sauvage
    • Midgard: just outside Svasud Faste
    • Hibernia: just outside Drium Ligen
Hot Fix Notes
  • The [Daily] Battle of Buggane's Obelisk quest now grants credit within the entire zone that the obelisk currently resides.
    • As such, the chance for the obelisk to spawn in Ellan Vannin has been lowered slightly. It still has the highest chance but the other locations should happen a bit more frequently now.
  • The Buggane's Obelisk no longer spawns in Emain Macha at the Hibernia maze, instead spawning in Breifine at Cavana's Drift location on the map.
  • The [Daily] A Solo Road has had its requirements changed as follows:
    • Players can now earn 1 solo kill on Ellan Vannin or at any Ruined/Maze area.
    • Players must still earn 5 solo kills anywhere in the Frontiers.
  • Curse Campaign Glove reward /use timers should now behave correctly.

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• So it destroys the outer walls but not the gates? It would seem the point of this would be to make the dragons keep easier to enter/capture but many of the keeps on the list don't have walls where a hole can be made, so what's the point?
  • Once a Dark Dragon has spawned and captured a keep, the [Midsummer] Spirit of War quest will become available from Guy, Garmr, and Salle.

So you have to go back to the relic town to get the quest once the dragon spawns? You can't go right to the dragon-owned CK? It would be nice to not force this break in momentum/action. Quest should be given auto-magically.
  • JakJak
    edited July 2018 PM
    WTH can we make this anymore complicated. Annoying as heck.

With this, why not hand the big cow rr15. Yay pve for rps!

Edit - on a positive note at least they didn't make you go to Jord to get quest :)
    Post edited by Jak on
  • TL;DR

Someone translate this patch @Chamie
  • Wow that is so complicated! Can we get a TLDR from @Carol_Broadsword !?

I love the hot fix changes though! And merchants! Let’s get the Chinese plat out of this game!
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • edited July 2018 PM
    Ewer wrote: »
    Once a Dark Dragon has spawned and captured a keep, the [Midsummer] Spirit of War quest will become available from Guy, Garmr, and Salle.

So you have to go back to the relic town to get the quest once the dragon spawns? You can't go right to the dragon-owned CK? It would be nice to not force this break in momentum/action. Quest should be given auto-magically.
    It is given by the Spirit of War when you're in range, just not noted.
    So it destroys the outer walls but not the gates? It would seem the point of this would be to make the dragons keep easier to enter/capture but many of the keeps on the list don't have walls where a hole can be made, so what's the point?

Outer walls that reach 0% in this way automatically spawn siege towers. Holes are made in the walls that can have them too.
    Post edited by John_Broadsword on
  • The [Daily] A Solo Road has had its requirements changed as follows:
    Players can now earn 1 solo kill on Ellan Vannin or at any Ruined/Maze area.
    Players must still earn 5 solo kills anywhere in the Frontiers.

Heck ya!
    Tral
  • SymSym
    edited July 2018 PM
    Ok I’ll try to TLDR.

1. Everyone does dragon eggs until one realm gets 150. Dunno what this is.

2. After a realm hits 150 egg quests, a ruined keep swamps that has a dragon flying above it (that’s cool)

3. For 45 minutes a ghost dude fights the dragon (just for looks).

4. After 45 mins ballistas spawns to kill dragon. If you kill dragon inner door opens and keep can be taken.

5. During all this dragon ****, there’s a quest to kill 25 people within 8000 units of ruined keep.

6. Merchants are back for GMOV, etc.

7. Bugg credit entire zone
    8. Hib bugg location changed to be near coast
    9. Solo quest no longer requires going to **** solo zones, can be done on EV or mazes!
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Sym wrote: »
    Wow that is so complicated!

It's a good bit less complex than the Ghost Keep event, and follows a similar pattern, but just involves 9 keeps instead of 3 like in Ghost Keep.

TLDR:
    Help your realm win the gather quest race
    Spawn a Dark Dragon to attack an enemy held keep (coastal keeps only)
    Go fight over the keep with the big dragons flying overhead
    Get 75% bonus RPs there + a kill quest that nets you the event Ring reward

• Yeah I figured it out, reading comprehension for the win!
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Ewer wrote: »
    Once a Dark Dragon has spawned and captured a keep, the [Midsummer] Spirit of War quest will become available from Guy, Garmr, and Salle.

It is given by the Spirit of War when you're in range, just not noted.
    So it destroys the outer walls but not the gates? It would seem the point of this would be to make the dragons keep easier to enter/capture but many of the keeps on the list don't have walls where a hole can be made, so what's the point?

Outer walls that reach 0% in this way automatically spawn siege towers. Holes are made in the walls that can have them too.

Thanks for the response! Both are great and I'm glad the ST's are auto, really changes the way this event should play out in those keeps.

Still though, 3 of the possible CKs (Crim, Nott, Berk) can not have either holes in the wall or siege towers...It was annoying with the GK event and it'll be annoying now. All CKs should have multiple entry points.
    Still though, 3 of the possible CKs (Crim, Nott, Berk) can not have either holes in the wall or siege towers...It was annoying with the GK event and it'll be annoying now. All CKs should have multiple entry points.

Crim, Nott, and Berk each have 4 siege towers up when the dragon is spawned at them.

Crim, Nott, and Berk each have 4 siege towers up when the dragon is spawned at them.

Neat, thanks. You should consider keeping the ST hookpoints around after the event ends.
  • What was the rationale behind dropping a quest like this in RvR? I am honestly trying to figure out what the motivation was for the quest to be like it is.
  • @Jak Its was targeted to increase BG RvR, but the simple minds don't see how how having 75% of online pop in any 1 realm means there will be no fights...

Just curious, whats a +75% bonus to nothing?
  • btw @John_Broadsword /slowclap for continuing to ignore the 8 man community and cater to the zergs. My group logged after 1 hour of this garbage dump of an "event for all" and yes that was after we grouped up with others for a few hits. It is blatantly not fun to fight 24v64, on any realm.
  • Staticc wrote: »
    @Jak Its was targeted to increase BG RvR, but the simple minds don't see how how having 75% of online pop in any 1 realm means there will be no fights...

How will this work? Isn't it just Cowzerg off time then just Midzerg during primetime, I thought the Alb BG was no more.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Staticc wrote: »
    @Jak Its was targeted to increase BG RvR, but the simple minds don't see how how having 75% of online pop in any 1 realm means there will be no fights...

How will this work? Isn't it just Cowzerg off time then just Midzerg during primetime, I thought the Alb BG was no more.

Now those BGs have something to do that will earn them RPs (the quests) since there is no one left to fight. I didn't get a chance to try the event but from what I saw in our alliance discord it was a dud last night. Maybe tonight will be better since in theory the population will be higher (weekend boost).
  • It kinda makes me not want to log in instead of logging in.
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Staticc wrote: »

Alb don't have to population or coordination to participate the way the event is set up I don't think.
  • It was a total dud last night. I didn't increase any fights, there were bugs that they were still ironing out.

My favourite line was hearing that a certain person (who shall be unnamed) said maybe we should break the BG up and run in smaller groups. That there will be more 'fighting' on the weekend when the Albs and Hibs put up their bg.
    So, in essence you are saying, we implemented a new quest, that you can only do when the population allows for it, which is on the weekend, maybe. Pretty sure that is not pushing the BG agenda here.

I am really trying to find the 'light' at the end of the tunnel, I really am. I have enjoyed this game for a very long time, have made some really good friends, which is the only reason why I stay. Those friends are now looking elsewhere as the light is starting to fade.

• Jak wrote: »
    It was a total dud last night. I didn't increase any fights, there were bugs that they were still ironing out.

My favourite line was hearing that a certain person (who shall be unnamed) said maybe we should break the BG up and run in smaller groups. That there will be more 'fighting' on the weekend when the Albs and Hibs put up their bg.
    So, in essence you are saying, we implemented a new quest, that you can only do when the population allows for it, which is on the weekend, maybe. Pretty sure that is not pushing the BG agenda here.

I am really trying to find the 'light' at the end of the tunnel, I really am. I have enjoyed this game for a very long time, have made some really good friends, which is the only reason why I stay. Those friends are now looking elsewhere as the light is starting to fade.

If you're talking about my discussion with Paindancerr last night, that's nothing like what I said at all.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • @Carol_Broadsword How many RPS did you make last night? How many Kills did you get?
  • edited July 2018 PM
    I didn't RvR last night as I was watching how things went with the event and talking with all realms from my dev toon.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Everyone in Region when they were doing Da Behnn
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • never mind, I will simply await a response from Jon to my other question.
    I will try to do this quietly. By am a very unhappy customer atm.
    @Carol_Broadsword How many RPS did you make last night? How many Kills did you get?

I made a little over 100k last night by explicitly avoiding the event.
  • @Ysuro I genuinely mean this, I wish I could have found your group to fight. We tried to avoid and were unable to avoid, or compete against either the alb or mid zergs, So my group logged in disappointment. I have never been mad about a 100k night, good job doing that away from the zerg:)
  • Can I just buy the ring please? :P
    I mostly run solo, duo, the zerg is terrible.
  • I have only experienced this new event for a night. My only complaint so far about it is that I think either the amount of kills needed needs to be lowered OR you shouldn't have to get the deathblow to get credit. As it stands with needing 25 death blows to obtain this quest, it makes it very difficult to complete. Since the area you have to be in to get these kills is so small, and zergs/fg's are roaming these areas for kills, it makes it almost impossible for small mans and solo's to get kills for credit. I floated around 2 different keeps last night for probably 2 hours and got credit for 0 kills. I was involved in many fights and did good damage on lots of people, just no death blows.
  • I can't attest to the validity of it, as I did not see it with my own eyes; however, what was spoken by a certain person, was read word by word. Oh, they who shall not be named.

In all that I said, this is what was picked up on and responded to.

My questions still stand and have not been answered.
  • Gavner wrote: »
    Can I just buy the ring please? :P
    I mostly run solo, duo, the zerg is terrible.

Chamie#8164 write ur offer on disc pm :)
  • Update: The Spirit of War buff now applies to all players in the zone that the Spirit of War is currently in!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • The traveling merchants are not up at all on Gaheris. Will someone look into this please?
  • Update: The Spirit of War buff now applies to all players in the zone that the Spirit of War is currently in!

Thanks.... I guess.... do you guys read the posts, or just see counts going up assume everyone is mad and make random changes? Like I get this helps with people trying to fight against whatever zerg is actually on the keep, but still just missing the point that no one wants to fight the zerg.... Even the zerg leaders don't want to fight against the other zergs...
    Even the zerg leaders don't want to fight against the other zergs...

That's pretty funny.
  • Got to try out the event today. The initial "dud" reaction was right I think. This event heavily favors any tank heavy realm especially if that realm has lots of instant CC and uninterruptible PBAOE.
  • I don't know about that. 3-4 hibs groups wiped the mid zerg that were at ddb tonight.
  • Yes and then 1 hib group killed the dragon to start the quest again....and the other hibs got mad at us:( Thand I kind of agree, we did it because its so confusing we thought that was how you get the ring, but in reality you get nothing for killing the dragon except resetting the quest to move the dragon to a new keep, and it was fine at DDB. This still does favor the more populated realm, like Mid, that just sat in that zone maiming everything in site, until we saw the majority of the actual mid zerg log, then we gathered a few group and hit DDB and wiped the left over mid zerg.

But at least this did keep the zerg off of EV for the night.

To bad the 2 FGA could get the hint and hand to hold hands all night.
  • edited August 2018 PM
    The Midsummer Event and Traveling Merchants have been extended through Tuesday, August 28th!

Enjoy them for a few more days :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Does that mean the patch will come August 29? The only reason I see for this is to keep people relatively happy until the patch comes.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • The Midsummer Event and Traveling Merchants have been extended through Tuesday, August 28th!

This is great news ! Thank you !
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Sym wrote: »
    Does that mean the patch will come August 29? The only reason I see for this is to keep people relatively happy until the patch comes.

Fair question
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    The Midsummer Event and Traveling Merchants have been extended through Tuesday, August 28th!

This is great news ! Thank you !

yay;) <3
    <3Baby;)
    Baby-Friar
    Babe-Reaver
    Babys-Warden
    Babydoll-Shaman
  • Thank god. I still need items but can’t get anyone to swap mid plat for alb plat yet
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Thank god. I still need items but can’t get anyone to swap mid plat for alb plat yet

How much are you looking to get on Alb?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus