BG Action Sunday Night- Thanks for the Albs who tried

edited July 2018 in Videos & Streams
Thank you Cripptonite who lead the BG tonight. I will have ventrilo ready tomm to truly call targets and MA.

Right now in Albion we have very few people but I enjoy the challenge.

Care to go against the odds? The victories are small at the moment but I believe with some help that can change.

Post edited by Natebruner on
"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781

Comments

• Try having one of the Alb 8mans hit the Zerg with you guys
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • Or better yet, talk Tenny into hitting the Mids from the flank with the Ani!
  • I commend you nate! I also like to see people try for keeps and relics. To me that is when daoc is at its best
  • ... that was not intended to be a relic, we are sick of the mid zerg, so we flexed on them.

Knock it off.
  • And if Nate wants to start zerging it up as well, well then we can com strip Alb of their medals like they were named Marion Jones as well.
  • Sym wrote: »
    Try having one of the Alb 8mans hit the Zerg with you guys

Those groups are less and less willing to help the BGs due to the general attitude toward them and the blame game that occurs anytime the zerg dies. Complain and blame every loss on these groups and eventually they'll stop showing up.

Its really frustrating to try and run w/ the Alb BG because unless you literally /stick to the leader you'll often get left behind and have no idea where/what you're going to attempt to do. Communication is a big problem right now in Alb. You can be in vent, chat group, and BG with the leaders and still have no idea where they are and/ what is going on. Ask and you'll get 10 unhelpful responses and a handful of snarky comments.

There is a long running joke that the Mids have better intel on the Alb zerg than any alb group, and sadly it really does feel like its true sometimes.
  • edited July 2018 PM
    Staticc wrote: »
    And if Nate wants to start zerging it up as well, well then we can com strip Alb of their medals like they were named Marion Jones as well.

Why you think I wear Gold shoes ?

Post edited by Natebruner on
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• edited July 2018 PM
    [edited]

I'm sure the video was hilarious though...
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • Staticc wrote: »
    I'm sorry @Natebruner that video can not be played on my device, much like your original toons.... they are blocked from access......

I'm sure the video was hilarious though...

Oh it was just a track reference. You have to click on "watch on youtube"
    I find I dominate on any toon I play old or new... original or purchased.
    HERORIUS

• Ya, you dominate, with your 23 closest friends, cause you can't carry your own weight, and you only dominate with a R12 that you bought it at R12. Geez, can't you earn something?
    Ya, you dominate, with your 23 closest friends, cause you can't carry your own weight, and you only dominate with a R12 that you bought it at R12. Geez, can't you earn something?

I've earned a lot of money to purchase them. I also solo during the day. You seem upset.
    HERORIUS

• Ewer wrote: »
    Natebruner wrote: »
    dominate

Actually it's spelled "Die on inc"

No caster has 4,000 hps… of course they always died on inc from those 1 shots
    HERORIUS

• Natebruner wrote: »
    Ewer wrote: »
    dominate

That'd be you dieing on inc I'm afraid. Musta been a hold the door type moment for ya. All is forgiven.
  • edited July 2018 PM
    Just mad that someone with such claimed "skill" has to zerg. All that proves, is that you can logon more. The proof that you, [edited], you given several different opportunities to do something for you realm, and yet you choose to hit the Hibs..... and fight us.....when we had no intention at all of fighting you. My group even pulled out of fights to re-engage with just the mids.... Last night was not about a relic raid. It was proving that at 8:30pm est the Mid BG logged on, as per usual, and Hib voltroned early to layeth the smack down on them. 8:30 Hib had +70% Bonus, Mid BG got wiped twice and at 9 Mids had 55% bonus. We then switched to Relic Raid to teach them a lesson. Know what could have been a smart decision for Albs when you see Hibs straight wrecking the Mind front.... Maybe go take Fens to open the Str relic while Hibs take the Power.... Seems like a thing that a Merc would find useful, and something to provide some ralling power behind.

But no, please carry on with your BG that can't decide what voice chat to use (here's another hint, its 2018, use Discord).

Honestly, your a man question mark.
    dominate

That'd be you dieing on inc I'm afraid. Musta been a hold the door type moment for ya. All is forgiven.

Oh I had a blast killing just about every alb player with a 1 shot. /cheers
    HERORIUS

• edited July 2018 PM
    [edited]
    Just mad that someone with such claimed "skill" has to zerg. All that proves, is that you can logon more. The proof that you, and the rest of the general alb pop lacks in IQ is shown by the actions last night, you given several different opportunities to do something for you realm, and yet you choose to hit the Hibs..... and fight us.....when we had no intention at all of fighting you. My group even pulled out of fights to re-engage with just the mids.... Last night was not about a relic raid. It was proving that at 8:30pm est the Mid BG logged on, as per usual, and Hib voltroned early to layeth the smack down on them. 8:30 Hib had +70% Bonus, Mid BG got wiped twice and at 9 Mids had 55% bonus. We then switched to Relic Raid to teach them a lesson. Know what could have been a smart decision for Albs when you see Hibs straight wrecking the Mind front.... Maybe go take Fens to open the Str relic while Hibs take the Power.... Seems like a thing that a Merc would find useful, and something to provide some ralling power behind.

But no, please carry on with your BG that can't decide what voice chat to use (here's another hint, its 2018, use Discord).

Honestly, your a man question mark.

I was not the bg leader and I have stressed discord to Albion. I love to solo and you seemed confused about many things. I have my own discord channel with 100+ in it but the Alb bg is stuck in its ways unfortunately.
    HERORIUS

• I think you might be confused about how Ment's work.... No I don't have 4k hp, and never claimed to, And also never been 1 shot by any tank.... Check out that balling @$$ R5 for the ment, and ask yourself how any ment "Dies on inc"

Short Version... Nate, High Damage, w/e you want to call yourself, I have a different name for you when I play, and I can't say it here, because I'll get yet, another forum ban, Just know that all of "high damage's" life stats means that last player might have been worth his weight, but your stats.... hmmm.... buddy, 166k last week? 129 kills to 21 deaths....6 solo kills.... man, that's pretty low... like... Real low..... Like, there is at a min one thousand chars that went above that last week.... and we had a 50% rp bonus for all realms..... hmmmm...... seems like maybe your working more of that OT to buy your next account maybe? idk.

No respect will be given to you at all.
  • Teamspeak ftw !
    I think you might be confused about how Ment's work.... No I don't have 4k hp, and never claimed to, And also never been 1 shot by any tank.... Check out that balling @$$ R5 for the ment, and ask yourself how any ment "Dies on inc"

Short Version... Nate, High Damage, w/e you want to call yourself, I have a different name for you when I play, and I can't say it here, because I'll get yet, another forum ban, Just know that all of "high damage's" life stats means that last player might have been worth his weight, but your stats.... hmmm.... buddy, 166k last week? 129 kills to 21 deaths....6 solo kills.... man, that's pretty low... like... Real low..... Like, there is at a min one thousand chars that went above that last week.... and we had a 50% rp bonus for all realms..... hmmmm...... seems like maybe your working more of that OT to buy your next account maybe? idk.

No respect will be given to you at all.

Oh i'm not worried about respect or my stats. I don't visit the stats website and certainly don't know who you are to even check yours. Nor would I even If I knew who you were. Tbh I'm mostly dying in the Albion bg but I'm ok with that atm
    HERORIUS

• It's an entire realm still stuck using Ventrilo.

Loooool.
  • @Natebruner Thats fine Highdamage, I sincerely hope that you enjoy that RvR when you have nothing to fight because all you use is zerg mentality to win. People don't want to fight against that... So, basically, you and all your zerg buddies can play with yourself....

@Budikah ikr lol, I would love to connect to it, but I don't know if I can get the required 1.21 Gigawatts to bring me back to 2003.
    @Natebruner Thats fine Highdamage, I sincerely hope that you enjoy that RvR when you have nothing to fight because all you use is zerg mentality to win. People don't want to fight against that... So, basically, you and all your zerg buddies can play with yourself....

@Budikah ikr lol, I would love to connect to it, but I don't know if I can get the required 1.21 Gigawatts to bring me back to 2003.

So you don't zerg and you are scared to solo... so your way of fighting must be the only way.

Sounds good. Cya out there
    HERORIUS

• @Natebruner The 8v8 challenge was set first. Who will budge first..... You had first dodge... So your way must be the only way.

Sounds good. Cya out there.
    @Natebruner The 8v8 challenge was set first. Who will budge first..... You had first dodge... So your way must be the only way.

Remind me who you are though
    HERORIUS

• Budikah wrote: »
    It's an entire realm still stuck using Ventrilo.

Loooool.

Yea because in the end what voice software you use really matters. Discord, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Raidcall, Xbox Live party chat, Skype, Mumble, Google hangouts, Overtone...

They all do the same damn thing...
    Budikah wrote: »

Loooool.

Yea because in the end what voice software you use really matters. Discord, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Raidcall, Xbox Live party chat, Skype, Mumble, Google hangouts, Overtone...

Yeah but that 1997 Ford Ranger doesn't offer the smooth ride of todays modern vehicles. Sure it will get you from Point A to Point B... But that's not exactly the point.
    HERORIUS

• HAHAHAHAHAHA HE SAID GOOGLE HANGOUTS FOR VOICE CHAT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Discord offered the most continuity for voice coms because the codec's are better and more diversified, also that fact that it is cloud hosted means they can update new codec's as needed. This makes for clearer voice comms from a broader range of mics and headsets, which in turn means you have less instances of people joining a channel and sound like the speaker at Mc D's. And thats only the first reason you should upgrade to this free software.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA HE SAID GOOGLE HANGOUTS FOR VOICE CHAT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Discord offered the most continuity for voice coms because the codec's are better and more diversified, also that fact that it is cloud hosted means they can update new codec's as needed. This makes for clearer voice comms from a broader range of mics and headsets, which in turn means you have less instances of people joining a channel and sound like the speaker at Mc D's. And thats only the first reason you should upgrade to this free software.

And the awesome thing for Static and others is that this is totally FREE. Why wouldn't you download it
    HERORIUS

HAHAHAHAHAHA HE SAID GOOGLE HANGOUTS FOR VOICE CHAT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh and this help you be a better player how? Oh right, it doesn't, because it doesn't matter.

Can you talk to other?
    Can they talk to you?
    Really thats all thats needed.

I'm all for discord (mainly because its free) but from my perspective vent is also free (I'm not paying for it) and have never noticed any difference is quality between the two. If someones mic sounds like garbage in vent, it sounds like garbage everywhere else, including discord.

• edited July 2018 PM
    Budikah wrote: »

Loooool.

It doesn't particularly matter to everyone. Each program has it's ups and downs.

Ventrilo sat without updates for around ten years until it got one in 2017 while the competition blew by them.

The notable differences tend to come down to
    - voice quality
    - network latency
    - resource usage
    - hosting of the servers
    - overlays

TeamSpeak, Mumble, and Discord all rose to the top and blew Ventrilo away because Ventrilo didn't bother to move. You can host a Mumble server on cheap hardware for all of your friends in your own house - TeamSpeak servers are plentiful - and Discord is probably hoarding data. TeamSpeak has/had the godawful Overwolf overlay, Mumble and Discord's work fairly well to see people in chat whose voices you don't recognize.

Background noise filtering is different as well.

So no, you can still rip like a mofo if you want on a group call using your traditional home phone lines at home if you want, but there are better alternatives that have come around again and again - for me, stuff like voice/noise cancellation is the big one. The less crap you hear through chat that isn't somebody speaking - the better. Other options are nice as well depending on if you stream/do anything fancy with your system.
    Post edited by Budikah on
  • Not sure if a bg ran last night? Terrianna leads on Tuesdays ?
    HERORIUS

@Natebruner The 8v8 challenge was set first. Who will budge first..... You had first dodge... So your way must be the only way.

I'll form with @Natebruner if it's an 8v8 challenge you want Staticc. Name a day & time you wanna do it; we can do best of 5 or something similar.

Maybe Nate can stream the fights for future reference. LMK
  • I’m all for a plurality of playstyles—it’s what makes DAoC great! Albs / Mids and servants of the Great Tree, let’s keep this amazing sandbox going. Just keep your zergs off EV! ;)
  • ZepHead wrote: »

I'll form with @Natebruner if it's an 8v8 challenge you want Staticc. Name a day & time you wanna do it; we can do best of 5 or something similar.

Maybe Nate can stream the fights for future reference. LMK

My boy Valthur coming in strong

HERORIUS

• :o Oh snap!
  • @ZepHead So I am back from Vacation here, I can reply.
    I run almost every night, so just pick one and run. I run EV, and alb land, and Mid land. I only join the voltron machine after I personally witness the mid and alb zerg(s). Each night dissapointed that it continues. Doing a setup fight takes the spice out of a fight,Meet at X loc, mostly start lake, where alb has every geographical advantage being they have better range, and how that land out there is long and flat. Just get 7 friends, and run.then the next night, run again, and the next night.

Listen, I think there is a lot of people that have a misunderstanding of my "playstyle" There was at one time a place for the BG's and the zergs, but in this population, the game can't sustain a situation where simply outnumbers your opponent 2:1 is good for the game. BS needs to cater to more single group activities. PvE and RvR. Because if the zergs just keep running, you will have less to fight against.

In closing @ZepHead @Natebruner I'm not hard to find. I run Chaos Theory in all black with solid green cloaks on Hib, my bard is Caveo. And running 8v8 nightly is my challenge to you. If you want some, come get some. Oh and I got Nate's guild banner off him hanging in the guild house after we ripped it from you with your closest 16 friends in KM the other night.

#justbringit
  • edited July 2018 PM
    @ZepHead So I am back from Vacation here, I can reply.
    I run almost every night, so just pick one and run. I run EV, and alb land, and Mid land. I only join the voltron machine after I personally witness the mid and alb zerg(s). Each night dissapointed that it continues. Doing a setup fight takes the spice out of a fight,Meet at X loc, mostly start lake, where alb has every geographical advantage being they have better range, and how that land out there is long and flat. Just get 7 friends, and run.then the next night, run again, and the next night.

Listen, I think there is a lot of people that have a misunderstanding of my "playstyle". There was at one time a place for the BG's and the zergs, but in this population, the game can't sustain a situation where simply outnumbers your opponent 2:1 is good for the game. BS needs to cater to more single group activities. PvE and RvR. Because if the zergs just keep running, you will have less to fight against.

In closing @ZepHead @Natebruner I'm not hard to find. I run Chaos Theory in all black with solid green cloaks on Hib, my bard is Caveo. And running 8v8 nightly is my challenge to you. If you want some, come get some. Oh and I got Nate's guild banner off him hanging in the guild house after we ripped it from you with your closest 16 friends in KM the other night.

#justbringit

I can agree with your points on population dictating less zerging; more 8 roam/small etc.

Your constant degrading of Nate's play style was the reason I offered to invite him for some friendly 8v8. You say set fights give an advantage to Alb, fair enough; that's not an issue for me. I'll let you pick location, realm Alb/Mid, & our set up (within reason) tanker/hybrid etc.

Seems fair enough to me. You & Nate can settle your grievances on the battlefield. What say you?
    Post edited by ZepHead on
  • @ZepHead I believe the challenge is already out there, I appreciate you letting me pick your group and location, but I'll pass on that, Bring 8, and run. We fight, someone wins, someone loses, release, rebuff, repeat. Set an example that pugs can win, invite randoms into groups. I have literally been running with whoever is available for the last 3 weeks, I don't have a "Crew" yet, and while working on it, that will only be 2 nights a week.

My issue with Nate, is that he proclaims to be the best in the world, meanwhile he has been banned, and then purchased a R12 account (which at one point time was also against ToS even though many have done it, but I digress) and the saying goes, Nate comes with more that 8. Which means its a lopsided fight on inc. Prove you are good, prove that you can fight against even up numbers and win, Earn your RPS, instead of purchasing them on ebay.

Just to tie this up and tldr it. Come with 8 and run. I'm not picking a fight, or the location, I run almost every night with 8, until I verify for myself that the only to fight against is the zerg, then I voltron up. Until then I will run from zergs and not give you my rps. Most other hibs are doing the same thing.

#justbringit I wear all black with Green cloaks. Caveo is my bard.