Did BS change the timeout timer?

i notice that my BB is going a lot more ld than before the last maintenance. seems you now go ld after half an hour of not doing anything ? does BS wants us all to cancel our BB accounts ?
Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
Tagged:

Comments

• Don't they need those accounts to pad their subscriber stats?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Not only to make the sub stats look better, But for the actual subscription revenue from bot accounts... Makes no sense to make it harder to use buff bots effectively if they don't want to lose revenue from those bot accounts.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • DAoC Producer, eldariian, addressed this in a dev chat in Discord recently:

Starting off first with a quick update on something that wasn't included in the notes. We've made an adjustment to idle timers, and they are as follows:
    - Realm Select, Character Select will close the game after 5 minutes idle time
    - Endless Conquest accounts will be logged out after 15 minutes idle time
    - Subbed accounts will be logged out after 30 minutes

We've done this in anticipation of PvP Caledonia, as we want to do everything we can to prevent saturation in that zone. These are comparatively easy to adjust, so following the event, if there is a general consensus and preference for the 1 hour log-out timer for subbed accounts - we'll have that chat. We are legitimately hoping that this will reduce the overall load in the zone to prevent a drop in performance.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited December 2023 PM
    i sure hear a lot of complaints about this ..
    i860qgf8nepr.gif

also, if prefer to have this sort of discussion on the forums and not on discord, that way all the relevant stuff is together in one easy to access thread and not buried in a wall of text that has nothing to do with the topic which makes it difficult to find the relevant stuff. discord is nice to have some instant feedback, but is horrible for a large discussion that might take days.
    Post edited by Muylae on
  • Buff bots are incredibly toxic to the game and always have been. This change should have went in 22-23 years ago.

On Alb half the population is usually afk bots in the relic town. This should not be, and its kind of disgusting.

It is amazing seeing hundreds/thousands of real players and not a bunch zombie bots elsewhere. It's a real pity Mythic, and later Broadsword, took the pay 2 win route and didn't squish this early on.

• It just seems another way to annoy paying customers and make them want to cancel.
    I have 2 buff bot accounts, I don't just use them for buffing, storage and PVE. They make my life easier.
    Guess I just start some free accounts and get the same thing.

I just don't understand why there is a change that upsets the few players the game has left and remove more accounts.
    We don't have the players anymore, but everyone acts as if there is a 1000 players per realm every night.

Everyone seems to want to cause the game to finally fail, from players to BS.