When It Comes to the players in Albion, I'm a changed Man

Just wanted to throw out some love for the players that are dedicated to the realm of Albion, much like I was with Hibernia for many years. Recent events forced me into a position where I decided that out of the remaining two realms, I would choose to make an Albion class. So, I went with a Briton Minstrel.

Over the past few months, we have been getting more and more Alb-dedicated players coming over to Hibernia, and I have had the blessing of being able to group with some of them, too. Overall, my experiences of gameplay, chatting about the game, chatting about off-topics, and pretty much they all have been very respectful players.

My second experience comes from when I decided to utilize "Cross-teaming"(which is allowed in the ToS, since I made sure to switch from my main server to a different server, before creating an Alb Class).

I was at the West Dock of EV, hidden in Stealth Mode on my Nightshade.(50+14 Stealth/MoS 3). While I was grabbing my Driftwood and Barrels for the two BP quests I regularly run, a fg of mids came in from the north entrance from Starlight Lake area. One would consider this to be pretty normal, except the Mids controlled that dock and even though I can solo those docks on my Nightshade, I did not even attempt it because I wasn't trying to attract attention to myself. The Mids patrolled and searched for a few seconds, then headed south out towards the Hib Y area.

About 3 minutes later, a FG of albs came into the dock area and captured it, and they entered from the south entrance, and left immediately after capturing it, out the north exit towards Starlight Lake. Now, how the mids were heading south and the albs were headed right into them by coming north from the southern area of the map, and they missed each other puzzles me, until I get further in my story.

the albs were clearly playing according to the Spirit of the Game, and those Mids were clearly looking for ME, but because I was stealthed, they knew an appeal was coming if they beelined to me, like Ruffel did at Bold when I lined up on the banks of the river, while he was inside the Bold CK and should have had no idea where I was located.(Ruffel was offline for 5 days after that, for some reason.........).

As the Albs headed north, shortly after that the mids came from the south entrance to that dock and proceeded to pursue the albs, and headed north after them. I waited about another 3 minutes, and then headed towards Starlight Lake, myself. When I got the area where the barrels spawn and there is a Dopplganger inside where the kitchen and blacksmith forges are, I noticed that the fg of mids threw down a Speedwarp. It was literally as if they were EXPECTING to be attacked from behind, but nobody called them out in region chats(including myself), I wasn't grouped with anyone and hidden the entire time, which means technically if they were not x-realimg with a player that had radar, they were using radar, because you don't anticipate a rear attack, when you are not aware of enemy forces possibly being behind you.

As I headed back to West Dock, the albs had made a full lap around the loop and had just finished recapturing the dock and were headed to Starlight Lake, as I was headed back into West dock, and I walked right into the middle of them. I must have flashed momentarily, because they started to run past me, but turned back and rolled me. I went ahead and wrote down a name of one of the players that had landed damage on me, released, and logged off.

I got logged back in and on a new server, with a Level 1 alb, and headed to the dopple loop. I made it and hid in a ruined tower, and after about 10-15 seconds, the fg of mids that were chasing those albs, ran past me. I proceeded to PM the alb player in their group and warned him of the incoming attack from behind. Needless to say, the results didn't end very well for the group of mids that were looking for my Nightshade, either by x-realming or use of radar.

I accidently got too close to a doppleganger in the process and it killed me, and a second group of albs came into the area and rezzed me back to life withou a word. No criticisms for being Level 1 and in the NF. No scoffing. Nothing. they were just cool about it. I can confirm that is not always the case in Hibernia or Midgard, as I have had mid players notice when I had a Level 1 Skald in the NF, they were questioning why they were seeing a Level 1 in the NF.

My last expeirence is actually playing the realm. Some of the regular players are just cool. I met a Sorcerer, while running PvE quests in Mithra's Tomb, and he was cool. Had a cool name, and was very laid back. We have some hibbies like that, too.

When I came to DAoC in 2007, Hibs have always had it out for aklbs as being the "favored realm", and many other things, like when 8v1 zerg us(which is kind of annoying, but it is part of the game and nerfs their RPs for outnumbering a solo target so badly), and i used to buy into it.

Not anymore. So, far, I have seen a lot less toxic players in Alb, than Hibernia, by far. So, I'm gonna stick around and enjoy building a Minstrel. I just want to give the Alb players some credit, because I'm usually throwing out the true criticisms of abuse, and this one is where I and many other Hib/Mid players are wrong about Albs.

Comments

• You have a strange obsession with ruffel
  • You know you didn't have to change ywains. All same server except for housing
  • You have to change servers, IF you wish to continue to play both realms. I intend to keep Minstrel, for playing with some of the cool albs, like Yiruma, and hopefully Bumbles one day.

I also am always going to be a Hib. Cindy is my first and my always, as I created her on the Classic servers back in 2007.

The reason for needing to switch servers is due to the rules on "Cross-Teaming". When you logout to switch servers, you must remain logged out for approximately 2 minutes, which is why there are no realm timers. You have to close the app and reopen it, and log back in.

Since we have a select group of Hibs and Mids that are allegedly using Discord chats to farm RPs via cross-realm spying(I just can't prove it yet), when they decide they are going to start taking advantage of players, I'm allowed to switch realms and go after the Mids in the process.

And that is exactly what I intend to do.
  • You don’t have to change servers, all my toons are on Ywain1.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • If you attempt to change realms, while on the same server and without closing the application, you should receive an error that you can't connect to two realms on the same server.
  • Triq_02_Dave

Ruffel spent 7 hours hacking into the game servers, hacking into AT&T's cellular network to get my primary DNS and IP/MAC addresses, to ILLEGALLY upload files onto my PC, that had I not caught them in my "Recent Download" folder and checked my DAoC program files for the log records of the timestamps for the Mythic Patcher updates, I would have wound up banned, myself.

Since that point, my bank account ahs been hacked. People are bringing up me medical records and history on my YouTube account of the videos proving what happened to me and those same people have also made threats against my family.

Now, you want to mess with me, that is one thing. Threaten my family or anyone I care about and "weak" isn't the adjective you are going to recall describing me as.

And remember this, all his skills and talents to commit a bunch of federal felony crimes, and possibly some violations of INTERNATIONAL LAW, all went down the drain, when I simply performed a factory reset on my PC /rofl
  • If you attempt to change realms, while on the same server and without closing the application, you should receive an error that you can't connect to two realms on the same server.

Nope, that doesn’t always happen. It’s just a bug, when it does. I can swap realms, without closing the game.

• Ok. Well, assuming you are correct. The ToS states that you are required to switch servers, when you decide to change realms, so that is what I am doing.
  • edited July 2022 PM
    Ok. Well, assuming you are correct. The ToS states that you are required to switch servers, when you decide to change realms, so that is what I am doing.

Ah ok, would love to read that, maybe it’s outdated.

Post edited by DaRedANT on
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Ok. Well, assuming you are correct. The ToS states that you are required to switch servers, when you decide to change realms, so that is what I am doing.

Ah ok, would love to read that, maybe it’s outdated.

It's not in the ToS... he's making stuff up
  • 18. You may NOT cross-realm spy. This means you are not allowed to have characters in different realms on the same server (usually used for the purpose of spying on opposing realms). This includes characters on different accounts. However, we will not discourage 2 realms from cooperating with each other against a 3rd (commonly referred to as cross-teaming), as long as you do not act against your home-realm. While we want all 3 realms to wage war against each other, there are times when a little cooperation is appropriate. "Cross-teaming" in this manner is not a violation of our rules.

Cross-Realm SPYING, you know, what a bunch of you Hibs and Mids(like Herorius, for instance) like to do to me through Discord char channels is NOT allowed.

However, ME creating an Albion Minstrel and logging into it to help the Albs defend their realm against the Mids and Hibs that are attacking them(kinda like what Herorius did with his "even....err I mean orchestrated attack in Renaris, tonight) is LEGAL as long as I close the app and log into a different Ywain server.

Somebody told me Hero doesn't take relics anymore, after tonight's raid.

My response: You're right. He didn't take much of ANYTHING, except for an a** whoopin' from the Albs.....

The best part about it? I acted against BOTH Mids and Hibs, in defense of my realm, which means while YOU can be banned for x-realming against me, there is NOTHING you can do back to me......lololol

Ask Hero how he felt about running from the melee attacks of a Level 39 Minstrel, that cons grey to him and only hit for 35 dmg per hit.

Oh, and a couple Albs mentioned they received up to 46k bonus RPs from the siege tonight.

Since Hero and his group of mid allies mostly released, they would have gotten 0

Bet that teaches them a lesson about leaving my 44 Warden to die, during one of his last "events", and then sending a bunch of mids to camp out and kill my nightshade.

The strangest thing was, right before Yiruma, Draxco, Kossofheat, and quite a few others sent all of you packing, I was commenting in region chat about how I knew the Albs could win, because I had faced many of them in RvR, and even though they were outnumbered, their level of skill told me I knew we could defend Renaris.

And it worked.
  • It's true that the level of skill shown by that elite group of players is really something. I'm surprised you forgot to mention mrbadwolf and Pirokidd in that list of exceptionnal Albion players.
  • Honestly, if I had taken the time to notice both of them, I would have. There were like 30 Albs, so it was hard for me to keep track in the fray, because I was running into grouos andnthrowing out pointless attacks, just to do it.
  • I miss Mr Bad Wolf. His region discussions were clearly well thought out and provided quite a bit of wisdom. Bowa
    is another person who gives /region a very special feel.
    The first thing I did when my minstrel hit 50 was zephyr Hero :)

tf96lhycdnlf.png
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • You just gave me a goal, because I am going to take Sojourner, for my ML path, too. :smiley: