Bounty Point Extravaganza and July 4th Bonuses

As promised in last week's Grab Bag, we bring you some exciting items to spend your Bounty points on as well as RvR bonuses to celebrate the 4th of July!

• As an update or refresher from the recent Producer's Letter, we'll be capping the number of Bounty Points a character can earn when Patch 1.125 launches.
    • Currently the plan is to make that cap 500,000 BPs.
    • Any characters that have more than the cap will have their BPs set to the new cap when the patch launches.
  • In the meantime, the Bounty Merchant NPCs have updated their wares to provide a better opportunity for veteran players to spend those extra bounty points!
    • These updated wares will only exist until Patch 1.125 launches, so spend those BPs now!
    • Some of the new wares may stick around after the patch, but their prices may go up too!
  • New wares include:
    • Curse Campaign Chapter 9-10 encounter access tokens
    • Curse Campaign Chapter 10 turn-in token
    • Consolidated Full Master Level tokens
    • Otherworldly Essence gathering token
    • Instant-level 10 Loyalty Cloak token
    • A summonable Bounty Merchant that recharges your equipment and sells specialty siege supplies and BP potions
    • Bottomless Dye pots
    • Rare mounts
    • Rare and cross-realm house trophies
  • Visit the Bounty Merchants at the following locations:
    • Albion:
      • Baelus - Castle Sauvage
      • Garett - Forest Sauvage relic town
      • Edgar - Snowdonia relic town
    • Midgard:
      • Kiola - Svasud Faste
      • Mirren - Uppland relic town
      • Hithila - Yggdra Forest relic town
    • Hibernia:
      • Kolldar - Druim Ligen
      • Breagh - Cruachan Gorge relic town
      • Hamil - Mount Collory relic town
  • More updated consumables and end-game gear will be available for BPs when patch 1.125 launches!

In addition to the Bounty Point merchant updates, the following RvR Bonuses will be live from today until Monday, July 9th!

On Ywain:
50% bonus to RP gain from kills
100% bonus to normal XP gain in all classic zones and dungeons.
200% bonus to normal XP gain in Darkness Falls.

On Gaheris:
100% bonus to normal XP gain in all classic zones and dungeons.
200% bonus to normal XP gain in Darkness Falls.
100% bonus to normal RP gain in the capital cities.

In each Capital City:
40% Bonus to Crafting Speed
20% Bonus to Crafting Skill Gain

In all Housing Zones:
20% Bonus to Crafting Speed
10% Bonus to Crafting Skill Gain

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• edited June 2018 PM
    Honestly, THAT is what you put extra on the BP merchant ....really, really weak.
    Post edited by Xyorman on
  • So the cursed tokens are credit? Just like the master levels tokens?
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Curse 9/10 Access Token - this allows you to go direct to ch9/10 dungeon and do those quests and get the loot/chests in the dungeon.

Curse 10 Turn-in Token - removes the requirement for ch6 when you go to turn in ch10 and get your gloves.

So you can buy both, do only ch9/10, turn in and get your gloves.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Thanks. Think they the gloves/bracer should have been put on the merchants instead. If you're gonna bypass the majority of the content why not all. But its a time saver at least
  • First off, @Carol_Broadsword
    Thank you, I create headaches for you, and wether or not you cuss me some days (which I assume you do) this was in fact a promise kept.
    technically
    In another someone referenced some other gear available though, not just Cursed set, also it is cheaper to buy the ML at Oceanus than at the bp merch, Could I suggest making them the same price? Otherwise that item for sale is useless, I do like the mounts as an option, I can see where people that like decor in their home could like the Statues, The cursed credits, could be explained better.

So you can buy the 9/10 credit, then do solo step, and get the gloves and bracer? Or do you still have to do 1-8 to get the solo step? thus the 10 token would allow you to do 1-8 and skip 6 then do 9/10 to get just the gloves?

Very confusing what is getting skipped, it seems it would have been simpler to just put the gloves up for BP like the new DF stuff on that merch....

Effort: A
    Project turned in on time: A
    Quality: C/C+
  • prices on trophies are really high, only a minority of the players can afford a couple of them. just 0 or 1 among such players could be interested in trophies. the result is you are not going to sell any.

is Yar trophy the old, not-more-obtainable model or the one you can loot now?
    is Glacier giant a brand new trophy? if not, what patch has introduced it?
    wouldn't be a better idea to have the trophies from the offline "roundtable" events available?
  • Bottomless dye pots and epic mounts. I already get those free since my bank account was overcharged by 1300 dollars. (Took almost a month to get it back and you wonder why I'm bitter) ML 1-10 token 40k? It adds up to 30k if you buy the ML's individually in oceanus. An extra 10k to get them in one token? Bounty merchant and curse tokens good idea, acceptable prices. Trophies, prices too high imho.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Staticc wrote: »
    So you can buy the 9/10 credit, then do solo step, and get the gloves and bracer? Or do you still have to do 1-8 to get the solo step? thus the 10 token would allow you to do 1-8 and skip 6 then do 9/10 to get just the gloves?
    The tokens are not *credit* for any Curse step.

The Ch 9-10 Access token simply lets you go straight to the Chapter 9 instance, pick up the chapter 9 quest, and complete its and chapter 10's encounters. You can do this having done none or only some of the previous curse chapters. If you are already on 9, this token won't work for you.

The Chapter 10 Turn-in token simply lets you turn-in your Chapter 10 quest without having to do the Chapter 6 solo step first. Again, it doesn't give you *credit* for chapter 6, it just makes it so you can turn in 10 and get the gloves without doing 6. If you've already done Chapter 6, this token won't work for you.

If you want to do Chapter 6 or any previous chapter for their rewards, you can still go back and do chapters 1-8 normally.
    Post edited by John_Broadsword on
  • 5 epic/horses/mounts/steeds missing from the merchant.
    Grey Unicorn
    Black Unicorn
    Arboreal Horse
    Gemstone Horse
    Clockwork Horse
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Staticc wrote: »
    The tokens are not *credit* for any Curse step.

The Ch 9-10 Access token simply lets you go straight to the Chapter 9 instance, pick up the chapter 9 quest, and complete its and chapter 10's encounters. You can do this having done none or only some of the previous curse chapters. If you are already on 9, this token won't work for you.

The Chapter 10 Turn-in token simply lets you turn-in your Chapter 10 quest without having to do the Chapter 6 solo step first. Again, it doesn't give you *credit* for chapter 6, it just makes it so you can turn in 10 and get the gloves without doing 6. If you've already done Chapter 6, this token won't work for you.

If you want to do Chapter 6 or any previous chapter for their rewards, you can still go back and do chapters 1-8 normally.

I would have gladly paid more to get credit and recieve gloves. Still making me pve to get the gear I need to rvr. Good luck John, time for me to move along.
  • The actual gear will be available through the Bounty Point system as described in the Producer's letter in patch 1.125. Giving away the gear now for BPs would be counter to that. PvE is an important part of the game still and *should* and will remain the most efficient way to get end-game gear.

However, the upcoming BP system will allow players to get endgame loot, over time, solely through RvR. That's aimed at helping players who maybe aren't able to be online for PvE raids or for who would just prefer to RvR. But expecting it to be as/more efficient than getting the items in PvE is very unrealistic.

Also, as mentioned in the letter, it's more than just the crafting system for the high-end gear. There will be consumables and many other items that are sold for straight bounty points.

And finally, in respect to the Curse and other tokens available with this hot fix, they are significant time-savers for characters who haven't begun the Curse campaign. The tokens are also tradable. That still makes them quite valuable (and a steal for their cost) even if you "still" have to do some PvE to ultimately get the rewards.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    The actual gear will be available through the Bounty Point system as described in the Producer's letter in patch 1.125. Giving away the gear now for BPs would be counter to that. PvE is an important part of the game still and *should* and will remain the most efficient way to get end-game gear.

However, the upcoming BP system will allow players to get endgame loot, over time, solely through RvR. That's aimed at helping players who maybe aren't able to be online for PvE raids or for who would just prefer to RvR. But expecting it to be as/more efficient than getting the items in PvE is very unrealistic.

Also, as mentioned in the letter, it's more than just the crafting system for the high-end gear. There will be consumables and many other items that are sold for straight bounty points.

And finally, in respect to the Curse and other tokens available with this hot fix, they are significant time-savers for characters who haven't begun the Curse campaign. The tokens are also tradable. That still makes them quite valuable (and a steal for their cost) even if you "still" have to do some PvE to ultimately get the rewards.

There is nothing priced as a "Steal" on that merchant...... ML token costs straight up more, you still have to go to the same place and you get it cheaper.... Sorry Jon, I'm glad to see you stepping in here personally, but this is all fluff, 65K to still have to do 9/10, but you can get unlimited dye for 100k? Even 30k for mounts feels a bit high, maybe closer to 25k would be reasonable.

I am glad to see a high cap of 500k once the cap and slash hits, that, on first glance, seems reasonable.

But again, you being here personally, is a step in the way of communication flow, we (very much so myself included) have been beating Carol up the past week. But what is on the merchants now, doesn't change any of my mind about this game or future en-devours. Market is still sky high for items, this, while it does help, a little, for the gloves, doesn't change much for the cost to get a character RvR ready, Instead of 1k plat, now its only 900. You guys promised items, we got fluff. 1.125 has been coming for over a quarter...
    Post edited by Staticc on
  • Staticc,

You have to remember that the prices are set for veterans with lots of extra BPs. A 5-10k 'convenience' up-charge on the Full ML token for instance is a drop in the bucket to the many characters with 500k+ BPs. The instant-level 10 Loyalty cloak and curse tokens are priced very reasonably and are huge time-savers to boot. Several veteran players have commented in our discord and elsewhere about them being steals, so it's not just me either :).

As for the rest, the letter has already explained where things are at with 1.125 and what's coming with it. Our work continues!

Cheers!
  • Is the curse token one time use? Or unlimited uses? Can I use one token to run 9-10 daily!
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • It's perm accees, Sym. Use/buy token once, go into 9/10 forever. Same once a day lock out on collecting chests, though.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Me and buddies logged in read the descriptions for the Curse tokens and didn't understand what it meant. i.e. it needs an updated explanation or clarification on the delve. Ran around for 15-20 mins on EV got jumped by 1fgh stealthers and chased at the same time by another 1fgh who added them and then logged back off (jakes on them only got 1 outta 3 of us).

tx for making them tradeable
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • I would have liked to see something like a rechargeable Omni pot, restoration pot, supremacy pot, for my 15+ years of Bounty points that you are about to steal from me and make my efforts the same as a level 50 RR5 toon. These items at the right price would give me a bonus of spending all my years in this game generating those bounty points. It would also let you work on my cash over flow by charging me to recharge them. It also keeps me out of PVE mode picking up endless amounts of parts (where you have to fight bot players to even pick them up) and keeps me in NF supporting the realm like a good high Realm Rank toon should be doing. Thanks for the effort but me spending a million BP on a dragon trophy that you give away every holiday season is kind of silly and redundant. Any of those trophies at those prices are silly honestly. The OW stuff is cool to keep me from looking for a group or 2 or 3 to grind out that tricky Cursed section of the game. I was excited at the start and disappointed that you took my years of play time and grinding of these bounty points and threw them to a computer coder that has never played the game and has zero ideas of what a high realm rank player would want or need for their end game experience.

Helgha
  • What about actually letting people buy some useful items so the markets can flooded and people are able to return to DAoC with ease?
  • Wow. DarkAge really messed up this time. The only realistic use for BPs would have been to redeem for credit toward the monthly cost. Wow.
  • Wow @Cartoan!! Are you being serious? You thought they would give people gtc's for bp's?! Can't tell if you're joking or serious.

Once again seems like some people expected too much from this merchant. The point of this wasn't so people could tenplate their toons or get some special reward nobody else had access to. It was simply to give people a way to spend their excess bp's. With the ow essence token, the ml, tokens, the class cloak tokens, and the credit tokens you cam save a ton of time on alts since these are tradeable.

I thought it was a great idea, and 5k more bp's to turn something that is normally 10 slots in inventory to 1 slot is not too much imo. I sold ml's for the last 1.5 years. People will pay more for single token ml's vs bp x 10 ml tokens. Less space needed.
  • Different strokes for different folks. Trophies make some people happy...I would have liked to have seen credit for step 6 on the OW thing, something I still have not been able to do (most in part from being lazy and not wanting to respec my toon in order to complete the quest, which is a whole different issue).

Personally, the merch guy is fluff, but I can see how it might appeal to those who like trophies etc.

I will spend the 3million bps on this stuff, just so I don't lose them.

Appreciate the effort and quick turn around trying to appease the unappeasable masses.
  • Staticc,

You have to remember that the prices are set for veterans with lots of extra BPs. A 5-10k 'convenience' up-charge on the Full ML token for instance is a drop in the bucket to the many characters with 500k+ BPs. The instant-level 10 Loyalty cloak and curse tokens are priced very reasonably and are huge time-savers to boot. Several veteran players have commented in our discord and elsewhere about them being steals, so it's not just me either :).

As for the rest, the letter has already explained where things are at with 1.125 and what's coming with it. Our work continues!

Cheers!
    But the point is, virtually none of this stuff, for a long time player, is basically useful --- its nonsenseical -- in essence, you want us to dump BP's for fluff --- there are so many neat small rewards that could have been done --- frankly, it's insulting
  • @Jak I dono, I just feel like I got trolled....
    Programmer 1: They want to spend their BPs before we cap and slash.....
    Programmer 2: Oh Give them unlimited dye pots
    Programmer 1: HAHAHA F'ing good one mate...
    Programmger 1:<codes in bottomless dye pot>
    Programmer 2: Oh and make almost twice as much as 1-8 credit
    Programmer 1: You're F'ing Mad <Codes 100k>

I did acknowledge that the care bears will enjoy the statues, and mounts, but at these prices that means 5 bps = 1g.

The cloak level is a great idea, again over priced for 1 night of farming PoC,

The ML token is garbage, I get its 1 token vs. 10, but still you have to go the same place to turn in and train and can save 5k bps.

The 9/10 credit is A: Confusing, B: You still have to do the raids

The dye pots... it takes 210g to dye a full set of armor, cloak and helm included to full dye 1 char, how many char's can you dye before thats at break even for you? Hell there are quests that give 110g, and they literally give free dyes in the first 15 levels....6 of them, and black is an option...

I'm with Xyorman on this, completly underwelming from a gearing standpoint. At least now I know what the cap is,I'll just hold my bps for when 1.125 comes out, maybe I'll be able to craft some Ebon hide bracers and Fiany ear rings.

In the mean time, I'll just keep trying to get unstuck from getting taking safe port and getting stuck on the pad....again...
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Wow @Cartoan!! Are you being serious? You thought they would give people gtc's for bp's?! Can't tell if you're joking or serious.

I'm serious.
  • I know a lot of people wanted more ground breaking items and expected to see traveling merchant level items available for BPs but on the realm where I have virtually every piece of equipment in multiple and have Curse & OW credit on all my toons, I'm happy to use my BPs on trophies I wouldn't normally have access to. 1 millions bps is a bit steep but I understand the purpose is to remove the huge surpluses of BPs that currently exist on veteran players.

I'm not surprised that people are complaining that they still have to do 9/10 to get their gloves while ignoring the fact that the curse tokens do in fact save you a lot of time and stress. Same with the leveled cloak token, I understand that the option still exists to simply level the cloak yourself but it's disingenuous to pretend that there aren't lazy people out there that will gladly save the time and just buy the leveled cloak. I could see some other options being placed that aren't game breaking but might decrease the amount of complaining from the community such as being able to buy tradable illustrious gear, converting BP's to guild merit points, perhaps adding scrolls of recall for 250K per scroll, etc.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    I know a lot of people wanted more ground breaking items and expected to see traveling merchant level items available for BPs but on the realm where I have virtually every piece of equipment in multiple and have Curse & OW credit on all my toons, I'm happy to use my BPs on trophies I wouldn't normally have access to. 1 millions bps is a bit steep but I understand the purpose is to remove the huge surpluses of BPs that currently exist on veteran players.

I'm not surprised that people are complaining that they still have to do 9/10 to get their gloves while ignoring the fact that the curse tokens do in fact save you a lot of time and stress. Same with the leveled cloak token, I understand that the option still exists to simply level the cloak yourself but it's disingenuous to pretend that there aren't lazy people out there that will gladly save the time and just buy the leveled cloak. I could see some other options being placed that aren't game breaking but might decrease the amount of complaining from the community such as being able to buy tradable illustrious gear, converting BP's to guild merit points, perhaps adding scrolls of recall for 250K per scroll, etc.

Boom right there. With the current population unless you're running an "invite all-welcome all" type of guild earning merit points is nay impossible. I'd convert my entire surplus (as I have no interest in the current BP merchant) or, @Carol_Broadsword, include guild merit points in RvR mission rewards as well!
  • Merit Points are nice --- convert them to other currency also --- a rechargeable endo pot <for gold> or power pot --- a modicum of thought would have saved tons of angst --- but it seems, even will all the feedback avenues, it's just yelling into a canyon --- been like this for way too long and frankly many are incensed...the death of 1000 cuts.
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Merit Points are nice --- convert them to other currency also --- a rechargeable endo pot <for gold> or power pot --- a modicum of thought would have saved tons of angst --- but it seems, even will all the feedback avenues, it's just yelling into a canyon --- been like this for way too long and frankly many are incensed...the death of 1000 cuts.

Yeah, I would be 100% for a non-tradeable rechargeable sup pot/tenacity pot/omni-regen/celerity etc. as well. Although I could see that possibly being too much.
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Staticc,

Cheers!
    But the point is, virtually none of this stuff, for a long time player, is basically useful --- its nonsenseical -- in essence, you want us to dump BP's for fluff --- there are so many neat small rewards that could have been done --- frankly, it's insulting

Such as?? What were you wanting Xyorman? They aren't going to give template stuff out that is tradeable because people have TONS of bp's saved up. What exactly are you asking for here? Put forth 4 good ideas for things that would not cause imbalance. Please elaborate rather than just cry.
  • @Staticc
    That made me laugh...and cry a little bit too, as I can totally see that happening.

Xyorman wrote: »
    Merit Points are nice --- convert them to other currency also --- a rechargeable endo pot <for gold> or power pot --- a modicum of thought would have saved tons of angst --- but it seems, even will all the feedback avenues, it's just yelling into a canyon --- been like this for way too long and frankly many are incensed...the death of 1000 cuts.

I like these ideas.

I was trying to be pleasant and throw a bone at the people making the changes. Maybe get better things in the future as opposed to the big .....(well, you can fill in the blank here). >:)
  • Anything to not have to waste time on PVE is appreciated. I never used my bounty points on anything useful so at least I can skip a lot of PVE and obtain gear faster.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • edited June 2018 PM
    A rechargeable potion of supremacy/celerity/ or any other potion is almost as crazy to ask for as @Cartoan asking for free game time for his bp's. THEY ARE BP'S!!! They were worthless before and the stuff they gave you is tradeable. If you want plat for it then fill your vaults up with stuff and sell it when they are gone. You don't think people will pay plat for the ability to bypass 1-8 in curse, or be able to get OW essences w/out having to do the quest in OW? I know many will gladly pay a good price to get a class cloak w/out having to find people to take a tower/keep AND level it in PoC. These are all things that have uses for alts and can be sold later on to players since they are tradeable.

This gives us stuff that is tradeable (so able to be sold later for money), lets us get rid of bp's, lets us avoid several major time sinks on future or current alts (once again because its tradeable) and yet here we are complaining because they didn't give us access to high end gear, RECHARGEABLE potions, free gtc's, or other over the top stuff. /facepalm

Hearing the suggestions here just reminds me that most of you will never be pleased. I will agree that the prices were a bit steep but of course they were. The point was to get people to spend their bp's and when many players have millions of bp's saved up it doesn't help anyone if the stuff is 5-10k bp's.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • @RonELuvv
    1. Rechargable power pot
    2. rechargable endo pot
    3. rechargable celerity pot
    4. RP bonous pot (not recharable and less reward than the arualite one, maybe 18%? - debatable value)
    5. the big end items for big high end BP's. These should be the things that at 1-2 mil bps each, enough to reward the long time big chuck BP chars, but not flood the market, If a doppleganager mace goes for 1.5 mil then Hero can only get 5, thats hardly flooding the market, hell make it 2 mil, and put different items up, the items will spread and the bps will be gone and playerbase happy. For instance. Doopel mace, 1.5 mil, Blizzard 2 mil, Iccicle 2 mil, Frost shield, 2 mil, GoV 2 mil, Even Hero can't buy 7 of each, even if 6 others of 7 mil BP's per char bough one of each, that will not flood the market to cut prices in half, they will have a limited number of these that they could purchase, and make some coin off from, then sell the plat for time cards and get some free play time. Some other players that have the plat will pay for it, no one is hurt, there is 4 completly reasonable ideas ahead of this one. The first pots are less than 100g per, but being rechargable would save inv. space and be convient, the Cele and RP pots could cost a bit more as they offer some adavantages, but nothing game breaking. Make the RP buff not stack, or maybe make it a 2% stacking RP buff.

imo, a lot of ideas were left off the table.
    1 mil for a dragon trophy, really? gtfo Oh and the cloak thing, you still have to get the cloak, this just levels it, I know the wording can be confusing, apparently they rehired my ex-wife's lawyer to make the descriptions for these, you guys know him, he was the same guy that came up with ToA.....
    :rollseyes:
  • Sitting with 2.1 Mill bps on my SB and nothing I want to spend it on. Would love to be able to convert bps to merit points.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »
    Staticc,

Cheers!

Such as?? What were you wanting Xyorman? They aren't going to give template stuff out that is tradeable because people have TONS of bp's saved up. What exactly are you asking for here? Put forth 4 good ideas for things that would not cause imbalance. Please elaborate rather than just cry.

Try reading rather than ranting

• Curse coins are tradeable. Ch9&10 in Mid is what 45 mins at most...
  • Its okay @Xyorman , @RonELuvv has already been serverd....
  • edited June 2018 PM
    When Diablo 3, and The Division were facing player base deterioration they came up with a radical fix (Blizzard first), they set the items free. They let high end loot flood in mass. Both games, once adopted, both games felt an influx of player base once and sustained (TheDivision still young) a strong player base and community of committed players.

#SetTheItemsFree
    #MakeRvRGreatagain
    #WelcomeBackToDAoC
    #ThanksForSubbing
  • Staticc,

Cheers!

Oh good, so the frat boyz in the Discord said it's fine, so that basically nullifies any and all feedback on the topic, eh?

Very brazen digging in of the heels here. Not a good look for future feedback.
  • You guys don’t get it. The merchants are not for new players or all your alts. The merchants are only for the RR12 toons (there are over 1000 of these) that have nothing to spend on. I got 2 mil RPs on my cleric and only 18k BPs. If you don’t have millions of BPs just ignore the merchants!
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Question on the curse tokens, if I haven't completed 1-8 yet, but do buy the 9-10 token, do the encounters, can I still turn in for the reward? Or it just means I have the credit and can't turn in for my reward (ch10)?

I can see the value of getting the ch9 token on a useful class to farm the hell out of it though.
  • The CH10 reward is a drop, so you can always get it. The token let’s you get all the chests from CH9 and 10.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Don’t worry everyone they received feedback from Discord...

I can’t even...

This is DAOC
  • SymSym
    edited June 2018 PM
    I don’t get why people have an issue. You all just like to complain about everything. Before this, there was NOTHING to use BPs on so they were worthless. Now you get some new stuff and you are mad? How is something better than NOTHING!?!?!?

Why would you expect free sup pots? That would make alchemists useless?

And...Discord has 100x more people providing feedback than any forum of herald link....
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • @John_Broadsword My biggest concern spending extra BPS is that you will add more/better/different items for BPS later on but before 1.125. Can you confirm this is not going to be the case and that it's safe to spend all our extra BPS now?

That being said, some feedback w.r.t how information is presented.

1. It would be nice with posts like this if you included the exact items and costs somewhere. Not everyone looking at these notes has access to the game currently. More info on the updates/patch notes, etc. A link to a post on the herald with screen shots of the mounts, etc. will only help encourage possible new and returning players.

2. The turn in tokens are confusing...You've explained some in posts here but anyone seeing this on the herald won't understand.

3, It seems like above you're saying veteran players who have tons of BPs don't deserve to be rewarded. These are the people who have kept this game alive for almost 17 years. What you're telling them now is "You've spent 17 years earning BPS, we're going to strip all but 500k away from you. Thanks for your service". I know you don't see it this way but now was a good opportunity to offer some really good items for the veterans and reward them for their loyalty. In fact it would be nice to see a loot table of good items that was ONLY available until 1.125 and would be removed with the patch. Really put the good stuff in here and say thanks to everyone who has remained dedicated enough to this game to earn these BPS. The current items are OK but nothing special/stand-out in there from what I've seen and there really should be.
  • No, I’m saying that ONLY vets with tons of BPs get rewarded with the new BP items. Before yesterday BPs were worthless
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Can't wait to watch my Green Knight and Glacier Giant have a staring contest tonight, while I dye my gear endlessly on my new mount.

Happy Friday people!
    Tral
  • ^^even this, is better than nothing...
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • So....after reading all this.

Take it or leave it, buttercup.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    @Sym will, you, please, stop, saying, that, bps, were, worthless, before, this patch. People used them, for things. Sold ML's, bought artifacts etc. THERE WAS IN FACT A USE FOR BOUNTY POINTS. TO SAY OTHERWISE IS IN FACT A LIE. You sir, are a liar.

@John_Broadsword So, the proper channel in which to give my feedback and be heard is Discord? Not the official forums, not the feedback submission link, its Discord. Please confirm so that I may present my feedback correctly. Also I came back with an R9, and that was R9 pre-NF, so I didn't get the chance to PvE my rank, sorry I missed all those extra BP's by my sub not being active, what garbage patch made me quit back then to not reap the rewards now. I understand that is in fact my problem, But this does nothing to entice players to return.

@Calconious Sweet another person not RvR'ing! Jeez wiz why aren't people flocking back to this game I don't understand, ENDLESS DYES!!! OMG let me add another sub now!

Call this whining, call it baiting, honestly idgaf if you call it another ban. I'm still waiting 2 months on a question in the hib castor section of the official forums, this new "hotfix" did nothing, the communication is subpar, and that includes Jon being in the conversation, because apparently the conversation doesn't even happen here, it happens on discord..... This now explains why my hib caster question has gone unanswered for almost 2 months...