How can other realms compete with hibs? Actual suggestions other than "bring a bigger zerg"?

I feel like I'm just saying what everyone is thinking...so yes I have complaints but I'm hoping someone has some suggestions, that's why the post. I came back to the game but don't like mindlessly zerging on hib because even in a zerg somehow the "leet" zergers "find" all the people to kill before you do and it is impossible to play on the other to realms (especially mid).

Since the patch hibs have averaged 5-6 relics and 9-12 keeps at any given time. BP's flow like water on hib (70% bp bonus over alb/mid). RP base bonus 10% higher since nobody else can defend or keep keeps intact. There's frequently no underpop bonus for mid (somehow) yet hib zerg is tons larger and destroys us nightly and obviously euro times as well. All returning/new players have found you play hib or not at all and it is so much quicker/easier/cheaper to template up there and get action any time of day. If there's no hib zerg they still farm us if we attack their keeps, even 4-10 hibs will decimate a few groups. If we try to take back glen while the hib zerg is elsewhere, there's a small man everywhere. Bring more and a fg ports in. Solo fighting a champ/vamp/NS with 6 relics is just death. If you try to solo when there's a hib zerg out there's nothing to fight (tonight 90 minutes 0 solo fights, 6 releases of 5 minutes to get back to any action, 1 kill). Once the zerg quits its so many hib small mans fgs everywhere especially at solo spots you just die a lot. First solo fight and you get aj'ed by a 3 man and a fg adds at the end.

The problem with encouraging hibs to play easy mode is that when you bring more numbers they just leave, don't attack, and nobody gets action, but they will make the rps up the very next session whereas you can't. Mids and albs are starved for rps. If you look at top # of deaths (even more so than rp) it's heavily weighted mids and albs. Casual players know to play hib whenever there's a bg out, and there are always the same random non-buffbot players in relic towns doing nothing for hours on mid so mids get no underpop bonus.

On mid/alb not only do you not get the base 15% rp from 6 keeps which hibs always have up, but when you die and die you will, frequently, whether zerg, 8man, small or solo, it takes 2-4x as long to get back to where the action is. Try getting back to maze now on alb or mid for instance. It will take you 4-5 minutes vs the 30 seconds it would take on hib. You need to have parity either in chance to get rp or chance to fight.

Right now there's no incentive to play anything but Hib, especially if you are casual, returning or new, at any time of day or night. why claim a keep on alb/mid that's going to be hibs within 12 hours whether you claim it and have the entire realm defend it or not. Since rps are better on hib even half of the hard core people play there or rather 100% of them play there whenever you try to take a hib keep (free rps). Every week top rps are all hib, both real wise and player wise, and they aren't all in hib bg. I've been logging in and dying 6 times in close succession with limited or no rps and a buncha pots wasted and time finding people to try to play with, and just logging out to do something else while the people I am with just go play on hib instead so they can get rp. The only people getting rp on alb/mid from what I can see are those who dodge everyone (somehow) and collect dopple rps, or those leetist 8mans who play if there's a slight rp bonus but provide no assistance/support for any zerg out there or help for groups/small mans fighting other groups/smallmans/defending keeps.

When are realm loyalty bonuses going to happen? When's that mithril per sub'ed accounts going to happen? Why does every tank class get a stun but only hib casters get a stun? Are they that weak otherwise? (they are always top rp earners). ALWAYS. I heard mid aoe stun got nerfed with storms but I've yet to see a mid zerg even partially strong enough to defend against hibs to really say how that would impact things.

Is there any actual reason other than to keep letting hibs get my rps or to keep action for hibs so the game doesn't die not to just leech on hib (even though mids are having 0 fun)? Any real reason that I shouldn't just roll a ment and be done caring about a realm? What is the benefit for playing on alb or mid? anything?

Comments

• Ya im fixing to close both my accounts becuse im just not haveing any fun anymore and i refuse to play hib
  • The best way to defend against Hero is with several groups of well coordinated players. This is a tall order though considering most of what's left are casual players that struggle to assist a target down. Euro Albs and Mids simply do not have the numbers to run a casual BG against his zerg. Low population makes this extremely difficult plus the incentives (RPs) favor the dominating zerg over the underpopulated realms as evidenced by the herald. The best approach BS could take is to heavily increase defense RP bonuses for underpopulated realm(s) and correspondingly decrease capture RPs for the overpopulated realm(s). Most RPs are earned through tower / keep bonuses in zergs. Roaming with a zerg doesn't net nearly as many RPs simply because a kill is split amongst 20-30+ players diluting the RP pool. I don't think we can expect a large population boom even if the game is released on Steam so that problem will likely remain unresolved. Population disparity needs to be addressed as a result.
  • edited November 2020 PM
    I know this sounds counter-intuitive (and self-serving), but I think it makes sense to approach this problem from the bottom up. Create a strong foundation for solo / smallman action and build from there. It's not about beating the zerg. It's about creating an environment where zerging is simply not very efficient. Encourage solo players to spread out and roam. We need constant roaming in places with plenty of cover. Not only is this the best defense against zergs, but it also minimizes the risk of adds in general.

In my humble opinion, the main reason we have such poor design for solo / smallman action is because people grossly underestimate the importance of design (and think of everything as a result of player behaviour). Noone is requesting better design from Broadsword. Just more realmpoints.
    Post edited by audizmann on
  • REALM TIMERS LONGER THAN 15 MINS. Just last night Hibs tried to retake Crim not once but twice. They failed BOTH times. Time elapse 15 mins..... suddenly Hibs go from NO bonus to 55% and the MID zerg doubled in size and MIDS take Crim. Time elapse 15mins..... Hibs go from 55% down to 25% and Mids go from NO bonus to 25%.. any questions?
  • Timer isn't working. RP bonus isn't working. Not sure what the answer is but one can make lots of RPs picking off the slow lemmings trying to keep up with what ever zerg is running.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • KILLS last week...... 4 ALBS in top 100. game is all about balance my friends :)
  • Bowatg wrote: »
    KILLS last week...... 4 ALBS in top 100. game is all about balance my friends :)

Helps if you come down from safe path once in a while.
  • US mids seem to have no problem out zerging Hib. Seems like alb and mid Euros just whiners or dont like staying up late.
  • audizmann wrote: »
    I know this sounds counter-intuitive (and self-serving), but I think it makes sense to approach this problem from the bottom up. Create a strong foundation for solo / smallman action and build from there. It's not about beating the zerg. It's about creating an environment where zerging is simply not very efficient. Encourage solo players to spread out and roam. We need constant roaming in places with plenty of cover. Not only is this the best defense against zergs, but it also minimizes the risk of adds in general.

In my humble opinion, the main reason we have such poor design for solo / smallman action is because people grossly underestimate the importance of design (and think of everything as a result of player behaviour). Noone is requesting better design from Broadsword. Just more realmpoints.

You're not wrong in that people have to remember - zergs feed on groups. groups feed on solos. small mans feed on solos. solos feed on solos. Everyone should want a healthy, promoted degree of all playstyles.
  • Tesc wrote: »
    US mids seem to have no problem out zerging Hib. Seems like alb and mid Euros just whiners or dont like staying up late.

Rofl. Most nights US Hibs out zerg Albs and Mids. Even when Hibs have the greater numbers they still resort to camping a tower and they have the best seige abilities including PBAE.
  • 108 mids vs 42 hibs last night. Your a delusional Mid, stop the propaganda.
  • Where is this 108 number coming from?
  • There was not 108 in the Mid zerg where do you get that number.

• I assume the 108 number was a guard spam count when both Mids and Albs were present at Beno. Context.
  • puter wrote: »
    I assume the 108 number was a guard spam count when both Mids and Albs were present at Beno. Context.

OK, that actually makes sense. That Beno fight was good.
  • all realms can compete. But in different ways.
    Mids are more willing to fight Hibs in open field than in a tower or keep.
    Albs just need a better leader. I hate to mention his name but when Nate was running an Alb BG, Albs were competitive. But Rescue, not so much.

• Bowatg wrote: »
    REALM TIMERS LONGER THAN 15 MINS. Just last night Hibs tried to retake Crim not once but twice. They failed BOTH times. Time elapse 15 mins..... suddenly Hibs go from NO bonus to 55% and the MID zerg doubled in size and MIDS take Crim. Time elapse 15mins..... Hibs go from 55% down to 25% and Mids go from NO bonus to 25%.. any questions?

what time? after 10 est hib zerg falls apart. Most people have mutliple accounts so adding a longer timer would not stop them from logging in.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    Bowatg wrote: »
    REALM TIMERS LONGER THAN 15 MINS. Just last night Hibs tried to retake Crim not once but twice. They failed BOTH times. Time elapse 15 mins..... suddenly Hibs go from NO bonus to 55% and the MID zerg doubled in size and MIDS take Crim. Time elapse 15mins..... Hibs go from 55% down to 25% and Mids go from NO bonus to 25%.. any questions?

what time? after 10 est hib zerg falls apart. Most people have mutliple accounts so adding a longer timer would not stop them from logging in.

so since most peeps have multiple accounts why not just end the discussion and make a real realm timer---
  • 47el wrote: »
    Minibard wrote: »
    Bowatg wrote: »

so since most peeps have multiple accounts why not just end the discussion and make a real realm timer---

Or just dont have one. See what I did there.
  • Enkertons wrote: »
    You're not wrong in that people have to remember - zergs feed on groups. groups feed on solos. small mans feed on solos. solos feed on solos. Everyone should want a healthy, promoted degree of all playstyles.

If this is (and I'm not saying its not) the food chain, what the game needs is a very health solo/small man population for the food chain.
  • Lff wrote: »
    Enkertons wrote: »

If this is (and I'm not saying its not) the food chain, what the game needs is a very health solo/small man population for the food chain.

solo/smallman pop has been lacking for YEARS. I think this has mainly been a population thing... Also doesn't help when groups are incentivized to kill lesser numbers because of the %RP bonus you gain just by being in a group. I've spoken out a lot about that in the past... I can get 3-4k for a solo kill but when grouped that same kill would be worth 5-6k split amongst the group. hate it!
  • I wonder if they could make them not count towards the roaming with friends quest along with making them worth less RPs overall would help with that.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus