Let's talk about it

2»

Comments

• should/could ballistas be able to be dropped everywhere....
  • edited November 2020 PM
    Bowatg wrote: »
    Too many Albs who actually play HIB more than alb show up to feed them.. only reason they keep coming . and with relics. 5:53 pm friday night CST. albs 40% mids 40% .. ROFL. this is a Broadsword issue that they dont see. Actually they see it, but just don't care. They are trying to milk every last dime out of a 20 year old game.. so giving the player base (hibs) everything and more.. it works

Herorius may of killed this game but it's not all his fault. Broadsword turned people away with the changes and now you guys are paying the price with low population and realm imbalances. If the live servers had the population that they had 5-10 years ago then we wouldn't be talking about Herorius and crying about him killing the game.

Herorius is actually playing the game as it's meant to be played but I believe it will soon just become an elite 8man/solo game which it's heading towards. Not that I have anything against 8man/small man etc but other players that play casual will probably look elsewhere.
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
    Let's be real. This game isn't in trouble because of Herorius. He may be leading but it's those who follow him that are causing problems. I'm not going to speak for why they follow even though it's hurting population. Everyone has their own reason for playing Hibernia. Some argue it's because it's OP currently (Opinions), some argue it's easier to get rps following an established BG leader who can get numbers. Others just play it because they find it's a way to get realm points for whatever reasons. The fact is, Herorius isn't fully at fault, it is those who follow him who are hurting this game. I know many of those who play Hibernia as I've made friends with many of them and the others are (well I won't say anything about them), the point is, until people play other realms and see what their actions are doing to others, they won't care and will continue to play Hibernia. I consider many Hibs to be great friends I've met along the way but until they see what they are doing, I personally won't associate with them. They can consider me a bad friend, I understand, but I won't be a part of the EU zerg that takes undefended or under defended keeps just to get realm points. I will continue to advocate for BS to penalize those who play Hibernia with a population bonus versus undefended or low defended keeps. I wish all my Hibernian friends the best but until they stop taking keeps with 5-100% the defender, I will advocate for you to lose realm points for attacking keeps.

-Best Regards,

Daelin/Aelorin
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Do Mid/Alb even have a BG leader? It seems when ever I log into those realms when Hero is on there is no defense BG, or it starts after the Hib one is already established.

For slightly over one year, mid had a BG up from 2000 CET to ... 2200 - ... EVERY SINGLE DAY. Annamariede has been running his BG every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday for as long as i can remember (that's 6+ years). i have been doing all the other days and the days that Annamariede is on holiday or not online for whatever other reason, for slightly over a year now. Annamariede has always been starting at 2000 CET and i chose to start at the same time to make it consistent for everyone to know that at 2000 CET the BG starts on midgard, and to have some time for me to do 'stuff' before leading the BG. There is more to life than just playing Daoc on every spare moment you have ....And yes, Herorius normally starts one hour earlier and in the time between when he starts and when the mid BG starts, he just takes a few keeps without opposition whatsoever. it's kinda frustrating to see, every single day that he is on Bledmeer, Glenlock or Fensalir 10 minutes before your BG starts which leaves you with the option to either go and defend with a very small bg with half filled groups or just ignore him and let him take the damn keep he is on.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • KoeKoe
    edited November 2020 PM
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    Do Mid/Alb even have a BG leader? It seems when ever I log into those realms when Hero is on there is no defense BG, or it starts after the Hib one is already established.

Mids and Albs sometimes try to defend. Albs with same numbers can do okay. Mids need more numbers to repel, many more. If it's about even or Hero loses once, he does something else, so to all those who talk about "just build a bigger zerg" 1) you get the rescu paradigm of if you fight before you are too big everyone logs and 2) if you are too big hero just avoids. Attacking a hib keep is simpy folly, unless hibs aren't online. Otherwise that would be the solution (build big zerg + attack hib keeps).

I'll add that a lot of people are fine dying as long as they are able to get some rps during the process. having no ports after hero is done blows HARD, but I think at least a few people have some fun defending at the time. Some things make defending worthless such as set hib groups which require at least 3 mid/alb players coordinating to get any kills, animists and chanters pet class exploiting at oil level, and catapult users somehow still getting out of LOS targets.

There was a pointed comment about open field and small man vs fg vs solo and radar. I've noticed a bit of that. At this point I wish they'd just put a stat on the herald for each logon a user was in a group with a radar user. Let them play, but let us know. I know that's entirely anethema to the spirit of the game/privacy, but it would allow the game to police its own. On that note though I'm pretty happy with the way they still moderate abusers. (not sure we can talk about this) but can definitely confirm they don't tolerate certain things the very very occasional person does.

All in all the game is fun as a sandbox, but you have to be willing to be flexible. I don't think they can fix Hibernia being so out of wack at this point, and it's not simply a mid/alb decision to do/not do something.

Would love to see a tri-ream wide event (maybe even changed to PVE server for a weekend with all trades disabled and no going to other realm housing). It would be cool to do a 300 person DF/Curse/full ML raid with Hero and Anna's BG. At this point realm and game unity might pay the biggest dividends. (that defeat a dev encouter was fun also).
    Post edited by Koe on
  • KatKat
    edited November 2020 PM
    If Hero would just stop breaking all ports, it wouldn't be so bad. I will never understand the mentality of totally destroying all ports. All it does is kill action. Just take main keeps, and let action continue to move. If Hibs just want to take empty keeps, they should move to Gaheris.

And thank you to the 30 brave souls that signed my petition! :smile:
    Post edited by Kat on
  • KatKat
    edited November 2020 PM
    Logged in at 9:30 pm EST
    xKQGMk4.png

oA9TbCy.png

w3dfWO9.png

Thanks Herorious - time to go watch a movie
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Kat wrote: »
    Logged in at 9:30 pm EST
    xKQGMk4.png

oA9TbCy.png

w3dfWO9.png

Thanks Herorious - time to go watch a movie

/agree
  • In answer to Dreamscape -
    When there are aggressive and clever BG leaders, Hero's BG has been defeated. Muylock, Leegen, Jedi (playing Mid), Brut, Rescu and even a Nate BG have all defeated a Hero BG. IRC groups have wiped the BG. Solo and small man groups have picked people off.

- In a Hero BG you spend much of your time laughing
    - In a Hero BG you are never yelled at or told you have ruined the game
    - In a Hero BG you immediately jump back in to battle even if you have blown every toy you have and have triple rez sick.
    - In a Hero BG people speak Canadian, odd forms of English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Cow.
    - In a Hero BG, when asked if you are drinking after you identify a group of NPCs as the ALB BG and you say "Yes of course", everyone laughs.
    - In a Hero BG you can run with the BG as a solo player using Realm buffs and people still rez you, heal you and loop back for you.

Hero BG is perfect for the casual player who only plays for a couple of hours a few days of the week; wants a decent template and hopes that there will be a battle or two so they get to see a lot of flash bangs.

It is as frustrating as all get out for those who are more serious players and I understand that. I like the ideas of increasing the keep defense, ways to reset the relics and other suggestions that would allow the other realms to defend or attack. Maybe what we need is a draft for the BGs and create random BGs to bash into each other and take keeps. My belief is that players and devs far more clever and knowledgeable of the game than I am will find a way. After all Hero is only a cow and not a machine.
    l5f53w3tbkt4.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • Siambra wrote: »
    Maybe what we need is a draft for the BGs
    l5f53w3tbkt4.jpg

Yep auto-balance was something I think the game has needed forever. A BG draft would be amazing, sign me up buddy.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
    “ - In a Hero BG you spend much of your time laughing
    - In a Hero BG you are never yelled at or told you have ruined the game
    - In a Hero BG you immediately jump back in to battle even if you have blown every toy you have and have triple rez sick.
    - In a Hero BG people speak Canadian, odd forms of English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Cow.
    - In a Hero BG, when asked if you are drinking after you identify a group of NPCs as the ALB BG and you say "Yes of course", everyone laughs.
    - In a Hero BG you can run with the BG as a solo player using Realm buffs and people still rez you, heal you and loop back for you.”

While all of that may be true, Siambra, I’m a legendary troll and generally-accepted-evil-doer and anytime I join Anna or Leegyn they are super friendly and helpful and happy to have me around, so I don’t think that’s exclusive to Hero.

And it’s easy to laugh and have a good time when you’re steamrolling everything (if you even decide to fight...)
    Post edited by Enkertons on
  • I should clarify my last posting. I don't find fault with people personally who play Hibernia. I wanted to convey the thought that it isn't 100% Herorius's fault that people are upset. I do feel that no matter what, no one person in this game can cause this uproar. People who follow that direction and make it happen are also to blame.

I challenge anyone who plays Hibernia to play other realms during EU primetime and see how it affects the game. It not only affects EU primetime but also NA primetime. Taking keeps when population is low only to have a keep be low con later and able to easily take it again during NA primetime should not occur.

I ask for Broadsword to give an official answer on their plans to deal with this issue @Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword . As much as I hate to state it, I do recommend a splitting of EU and NA servers again. EU's actions should not affect NA's gaming experience.

Best Regards,

-Daelin/Aelorin
    Daelin wrote: »
    I should clarify my last posting. I don't find fault with people personally who play Hibernia. I wanted to convey the thought that it isn't 100% Herorius's fault that people are upset. I do feel that no matter what, no one person in this game can cause this uproar. People who follow that direction and make it happen are also to blame.

I challenge anyone who plays Hibernia to play other realms during EU primetime and see how it affects the game. It not only affects EU primetime but also NA primetime. Taking keeps when population is low only to have a keep be low con later and able to easily take it again during NA primetime should not occur.

I ask for Broadsword to give an official answer on their plans to deal with this issue @Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword . As much as I hate to state it, I do recommend a splitting of EU and NA servers again. EU's actions should not affect NA's gaming experience.

Best Regards,

-Daelin/Aelorin

you really think that having two servers, each with half of the already low population that we have on the one server we have now is a good idea ? i sure hope that you were joking there.

by your own reasoning in which you say "eu's actions should not affect NA's gaming experience" you could reason that the US actions then also should not affect the EU's experience ? sorry, it's a 24 hour a day game. the 'close the servers when i'm not online' mentality is extremely selfish imho.
    Post edited by Muylae on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    you really think that having two servers, each with half of the already low population that we have on the one server we have now is a good idea ?

This is one of the big picture questions that I'm sure Broadsword weighs. The above is the risk. The possible reward is that you'd have a ton of interest in new server/fresh start development.

I wonder if it would be possible to do a night and day server. The night (existing) server would run EU prime time (~Ana zerg time or 3pm EST through US zerg time 11pm EST), and at other times the Day (new) server would open up.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    you really think that having two servers, each with half of the already low population that we have on the one server we have now is a good idea ? i sure hope that you were joking there.

by your own reasoning in which you say "eu's actions should not affect NA's gaming experience" you could reason that the US actions then also should not affect the EU's experience ? sorry, it's a 24 hour a day game. the 'close the servers when i'm not online' mentality is extremely selfish imho.

Nowhere did I say to "close the servers when I'm not online" so please don't put words in my mouth to suit your argument. I said to split the servers for EU and NA which would continue to be 24 hour servers. This is my opinion the same way you had the opinion to give damage to healers. We all have opinions.
  • This is what Muy is getting at. There is no population to do a split of any kind or any other server that coexists with live.

We had Excal/Prywden , Dyvet et al there’s no one left. As I’ve said before, the pop is so low all the problems (hero, timers, realm swappers and many more) are a result of the condensed pop and are magnified. Drop EC, Drop the sub, get it on steam, keep a payment option open for those who want to contribute to BS and they can get ‘special title’ to show that they pay. The pop will have least doubled in the first month.
    Demmpsey - Animist
    Demmps - Vampiir
    Mimins - Bard
    Dempseas - Warden
    Dempsee - Hero
  • This is what Muy is getting at. There is no population to do a split of any kind or any other server that coexists with live.

We had Excal/Prywden , Dyvet et al there’s no one left. As I’ve said before, the pop is so low all the problems (hero, timers, realm swappers and many more) are a result of the condensed pop and are magnified. Drop EC, Drop the sub, get it on steam, keep a payment option open for those who want to contribute to BS and they can get ‘special title’ to show that they pay. The pop will have least doubled in the first month.

I understand what Muy is getting at. I know the pop is low but if I (someone who considers Hero and many in his bg friends and used to run mainly as a Hib since second week of release) is calling out gameplay which is hurting the game, then it should be looked into as it could be bad for the game as a whole. Just because people don't want to split the population even if the gameplay is not conducive to a well balanced game, does not mean it is the correct path to take. Population is an issue and while we don't have full access to Broadswords data on why people are leaving, I have been online when people are giving reasons as to why they are cancelling their subscriptions and some/many of those are due to EU Hibernia gameplay of taking keeps nonstop breaking ports and also relics with a population imbalance. I don't like pointing fingers at who is to blame but there should be enough data from Broadswords end to give us an idea as to why people are cancelling if they answered the surveys.

Best Regards,

-Daelin/Aelorin

• Splitting the server further will kill it. EU and NA populations need one another to keep the game alive. The weekends demonstrate that when EU players stay later and NA players log in earlier, the overall population is much healthier and more likely to keep players playing. Remove that overlap and people may not play at all as there will be more dead times than active times to play.

Hero isn't really a problem so much as a symptom of low overall population health. A particular issue, which Broadsword can address, is discouraging one sided fights by reducing RP earnings for the overpopulated realm(s). I've made a few suggestions already as have others across several threads. Players follow the RPs since RR is the primary mode of progression in this game. All Broadsword has to do is make defending against greater numbers worth the effort / time.
    lol guys seriously.. its just not fun to defend against Hibs and changing rps bonuses does nothing for the casual players on Alb or Mids.

Mids hit beno today with 50 and there was maybe 3 groups of albs there including IRC.. guess what we could stand on walls and put up a defense and had fun yes we were interrupted/nuked but guess what? we could move and pop head out again and continue having fun.

Until its fun to defend against Hibs in large numbers noone will fight or defend keeps.

Remove Hibs stun or give it a 10 min immunity as storms have not done anything to help.

Our guild will not defend against Hib anymore without equal numbers but we will fight Mids all week long.

Keep the relics we dont care.
    Post edited by Stoopiduser on
  • @Stoopiduser Mids are probably easier to defend against because all their Healers are facing a wall spamming group heals. Mid zergs usually lack Pac Healers or at least fail to coordinate CC from my experience. Same can be said about Clerics. I'd be completely okay if stun was given to Druids if we're seeking parity here. That stun immunity storm is really nice regardless. Failure to use it isn't a strong argument for a 10 minute stun immunity.
  • For years the US players were saying "Pfft you EU players suck cuz you cant fight off 100 hibs with half the numbers" now you NA players are even more salty just cuz Hero plays the weekend and destroys your Fun and you lose numbers.

You may not like what I say but blaming albs and mids for not using the bad tools they have is not going to fix things.

I am only telling you its not fun so as a Guild we have found something else to do.

If BS can't see it or just doesnt think its a problem then I guess we will see either way.

The carrot has never been the amount or RP's for casual players its the Fun.

No Fun, No Play.

puter wrote: »
    @Stoopiduser Mids are probably easier to defend against because all their Healers are facing a wall spamming group heals. Mid zergs usually lack Pac Healers or at least fail to coordinate CC from my experience. Same can be said about Clerics. I'd be completely okay if stun was given to Druids if we're seeking parity here. That stun immunity storm is really nice regardless. Failure to use it isn't a strong argument for a 10 minute stun immunity.

The storm helps a small bit but it is not a 10 minute stun immunity. It is a quick pop out and if you see the stun animation or hear it, you hope to strafe back out of LOS for another 4-5 seconds (as long as other stun nukers aren't attempting to spam stun you at the same time) before the you get an immunity blocker again. The problem with the storm is it is a stationary pulse for the stun blocker and unless you blow the storm to other areas, you are stuck in one area trying to defend. And good luck if /assisting catapults are targeting your storm area.

Edit: Typos
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • Wouldn't it make more sense if the storm provided a regular immunity when it blocks a casted stun?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Wouldn't it make more sense if the storm provided a regular immunity when it blocks a casted stun?

It would make more sense to remove stun nuke nuke from hib casters rather than try to find a work around. This is my opinion.
  • Remove Hibs stun or give it a 10 min immunity as storms have not done anything to help.

With comments like this, it's a wonder that Broadsword even bother to listen to feedback.

• Daelin wrote: »
    Wouldn't it make more sense if the storm provided a regular immunity when it blocks a casted stun?

It would make more sense to remove stun nuke nuke from hib casters rather than try to find a work around. This is my opinion.

It does but if they haven't addressed that by now, I doubt they are even considering that to be an option at this point. Would they leave it on one caster, mentalists maybe.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • I suspect even if stun was removed from primary casters on Hib, the complaint would shift over to something else (i.e. catapult assisting). Regarding catapults, it's actually hilarious that the 1.127 patch notes say they're no longer supposed to interrupt casting and that greek fire has been changed to a DD when in-game nothing has changed. I can't complain though. Been making bank still with ice balls.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/1127-live-server-patch-notes

ctrl + F "catapult" for the info.
  • Daelin wrote: »

Well, broadsword is known for not fixing thing directly but providing work arounds, that then end up requiring extra work arounds for the first work around, which then requires a new work around to fix the second work around ... etc which then end up changing the game completely instead of just directly addressing the problem and fixing the problem.
  • Broadsword I’m afraid is largely at fault for this debacle It could be sorted in a weekend by the devs
    Step by step here’s how you do it
    1. Incentivise small man pug solo play.
    2. Only allow ports to coastal ports if they are captured only 3 keeps should allow you to port to an enemy realm berk eras and surs.
    Bring back the towers especially the maze towers.A Zerg should be about getting ports and relics.
    3. Bring strategy back to the game not just a glorified labby for herorius To port around he is essentially a lab rat he’s just doing what he did for years in labby.
    remove island ports and safe zone
    4.penalise Zerg play not just herorius but everyone does it it’s lazy and not good for the game.
    6 bring in the decaying relic idea great idea and could provide fun action.
    7 seriously look at realm balance there is something very wrong when the top rp earners on alb are trap layers I mean seriously wtf is going on that albs can only trap .
    It can be done just needs some input from the devs
  • - There's too much porting in the game. People don't run to go to different places and porting (EV towers) is essentially used to jam fights.

- Defense RPs are still completely dumb and overtuned.

- Group RP bonus needs to go. No incentive is required to group and zerg ppl down.

- Give higher RP bonus when fighting larger numbers, penalize fighting lower numbers,
  • people really forget a little over a year ago hibs did not have a bg during NA time.
    it was always Mids and Albs
  • It was fun running in shaylons bg in na prime time when hibs where out numbered and had to work hard to win fights