Producer's Letter: Summer and Fall Outlook

24

Comments

  • I’m jk lol, I just want enough BPs to buy frozen gear day 1 on all my kings gear toons
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • edited June 2018 PM
    @Carol_Broadsword can we look at making merit points available thru Seige warfare? My guild has 1000000 bps and 300 merit points.

    Also it would be nice if we could get a weekly or monthly update on how the patch is going. Even the smallest information shows people you care even if it doesnt say much.
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • Staticc wrote: »
    Sym..... you can't trade the items....

    You can.... omfg..... Cool Resub up 3 more accounts... GL fighting yourself...

    Only one of the four components can't be traded and the final product also can't be traded. Which means at some point, any character you plan on obtaining these high end items on via this system will have to learn crafting up to possibly 200 in tailoring, armor craft, weapon, fletching, and jewel crafting.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Its PvE, they made more PvE...

    How am I the only person seeing this... THEY MADE MORE PVE PEOPLE.....
  • Keep it on topic and civil please, no trolling.

    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • These items really need to be tradeable or have bp's spread across accounts. I think having the molds tradeable or the bounty points spread across your whole account would be the better option over all it gives you a chance to actually gear a new char but the items stay on that character. The biggest thing these will be use for is templating new chars or old chars in outdates suits for people that dont have time for pve. Making it a huge time sink doesnt do anything to help get more people in rvr. You still have to rvr in a trash template from forever ago or do the pve to get a competitive suit.

    Making these items more readily available only helps because it gets more people in the game out in rvr. Templates as they stand right now are just waaaay too expensive 250-400p for a pair of gloves. 1000+ for a blizzard or icicle is ridiculous for alot of players. Bringing in a crafting component just muddies everything up as well. If you are doing that it should be Bountycraft and everything should be level 1 to make its super easy but still annoying merchants set up that you just buy items off of would be alot easier just set up a tent city by the starter towns or something.

    PLEASE REMOVE DOORS ON THE EV TOWERS! They have become a cesspool where people just load up a couple casters and trap the gate and afk in them its annoying and has caused people I know to just stop playing because its not fun insta dying when you are in a fight and go to push through a gate. Getting rid of the doors still lets people get intel and camp around them with certain group set ups but eliminates the afking trappers.

    Also "The statue quests Tribute: Conqueror, Enforcer, and Peerless will be consolidated into a single monthly quest requiring characters to capture 40 keeps, kill 150 realm enemies, and gather 50 supplies and 50 rubble."

    Then alittle later. "The statue-based Tribute: Conqueror, Enforcer, and Peerless quests will only be doable 1 time instead of monthly repeatable." Redundant and says they are seperate later in the notes.
  • Again, it's about a client change not manual name change. A CSR can change a name on someone right now with no issues, that's editing their name (I'm not a CSR I don't know exact procedure/steps). What a MTX name change would be is a client coding change that this auto happens when you purchase a name change. We're not saying it's not possible to change a name at all, we're saying to automate it for MTX "would not be possible without a significant overhaul to the game client and microtransaction system."

    Changing a name manually is and always has been possible, making the game do it (instead of a person manually editing it) never was and that's what was addressed as regards the issue.



    @Badnagen what are you currently doing with your bounty points? Genuine question, currently you can by BP items such as exp scrolls (not tradeable), and master levels. The cap limit and cost is still being discussed and feedback always helps so please do let us know.

    ,

    Genuine question? More like a genuine insult. Doesn't matter what I am doing with them, they are mine, I earned them. If a government goes to a billionaire and says "Hey, you have billions but don't need it. We are going to take most of it and leave you with what we feel you need." What happens? Revolt, that's what happens. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I may not even have enough to be capped, doesn't matter. I payed, I played, they are mine.
  • If the items are not tradable then the pop dies, you can't get the items on the new toons, so for example a returning R10 player will have the ability to retemplate, and be competitive, but if in that process he find that the state of the game changed his char into an undesired char (Yes from other posts I'm talking about returning Skalds and Mins) and they roll a new Char, then they have to start over, but now with even less raids because people will say "just RvR to get the BP's" but you can't be competitive in RvR in king's gear (To squash that argument before it derails its missing 33% of primary stat cap and you will have 66% HP, no /uses and R1) therefore you can't get the new gear.

    If the items are tradable, there are still not as many raids, but the R10 Mins could then put together an 80-90% effective template and actually earn the BP's to complete said template.

    I sincerely hope that comes off with as little zing as possible, I'm pretty passionate and upset about this letter, and lack of action.
  • Also "The statue quests Tribute: Conqueror, Enforcer, and Peerless will be consolidated into a single monthly quest requiring characters to capture 40 keeps, kill 150 realm enemies, and gather 50 supplies and 50 rubble."

    Then alittle later. "The statue-based Tribute: Conqueror, Enforcer, and Peerless quests will only be doable 1 time instead of monthly repeatable." Redundant and says they are seperate later in the notes.

    I saw this as well.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • SymSym
    edited June 2018 PM
    More PvE is fine as long as a casual player can do it easily to get the best gear...

    Problem right now at certain playtimes it’s virtually impossible to get Cursed done. People are ok soloing or crafting for good gear, they are not ok not having any options because they play a weird time or can stay logged in more than an hour or 2 at a time.

    If curse was soloable or 1FG the population would increase. This patch is a path forward to this.
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • I love how everyone has changed their tunes from, "We don't want to PvE and we want a use for BP's," to now that BS offers this its, "I should be able to template all of my tunes with these BP items and since you are reducing/capping BP's and making the items not tradeable I quit..."

    I cannot imagine that making these things tradeable on just your account would be easy. Not to mention the fact that if you did this then NOBODY would ever do the PvE raids. So sure, it would be great for a player who has several RR10+'s laying around with tons of BP's. They could deck all of their alts out in the best gear possible. Meanwhile any new players or old players coming back fresh would be double screwed. Now they would not only have zero bp's to get these things but then the players that would normally be doing PvE raids to get these items would now have zero use to do those raids.

    Sorry, but most of what I am reading is just childish tantrums and greed from people. IF they didn't reduce BP's at all and didn't put a cap in then people would still complain because the stuff wasn't tradeable. That was never the point of making this change. It was never about making it so people with 300 alts could template all their toons out easily. It was to give players a chance to earn gear while doing RvR and to provide a better use for BP's. This change does both of those things. The items 100% SHOULD NOT be tradeable. I will agree that there is not much of a reason to lower BP's or cap them since these things are not tradeable, but all the other complaints are just very short sighted and based on greed. Nothing more and nothing less.
  • Making the bps useable across all chars would be the exact same thing as mithril is now. Basically all new chars will still have to. The people that wanted use bps instead of pveing will STILL have to pve since nothing is tradeable all their new chars have to go through these stupid raids that take forever and need multiple groups to complete. Whats the point of gear obtainable with rvr.. when you need the gear TO rvr.
  • Zerg RvR Or solo box quests don’t require those temps
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Agreed @Sym. The game is so extremely streamlined now that you can get 1-50, ml 1-10, and cl15 in a weekend. I don't believe it was ever the intention of BS with this RvR currency to make it so all old playera with millions of bp's saved up could deck out all of their alts in high end gear.

    The point was so IF people didn't want to do PvE of if people played at odd hours amd couldn't join bg's they had a way to obtain a template through RvR only. If you want high end gear on a new toon or an untemplated alt then you should have to do something for it on that toon, whether in RvR or PvE. This isn't a insta 50 server and thats what people want.

    Again, I agree that since the items and molds won't be tradeable then they shouldn't need to remove bp's and put in a cap.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Sym wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword will the new rewards be bound to the person? Or will they be tradable?

    I think BS wants to avoid someone with millions of BPs from buying frozen and hallowed templates for their entire guild.

    As a veteran player with tons of BPS I would be much happier if I knew I could convert my BPS to something more useful prior to losing them. Something that might also be good is to allow ML credits to be storable in house vaults.


    Gonna fill all my house vaults with a lifetime supply of speed pots! lol

    Da ant familyDa fly familyDa spider family
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • I think they should let us convert bps to guild merit points.
  • when i make post at this time of the night, i have been known to eat bans....

    and this time would be no different.

    so ...

    anything about what BS plans and i might comment about could get me banned for good.

    really ? they want to take 4 million BP away from me ?

    they want to take my ability to give anyone in my guild ml's and anyone that's nice to me ml's away from me ????

    ....

    STRONG LANGUAGE. LOTS OF SWEARING. ... lots more language that might even get my player account terminated tbh.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • no punishment for zergs
    no changes for smallmans

    accs stay closed
  • The more I read the RvR quest reward and streamlining section, the more I see BS doubling down on the path that has led to RvR's demise --- I am not seeing anything that promotes any of the issues people have seen, discussed or actually proposed to help support RvR action; it seems more of the same stuff which hasn't been successful.
  • aso wrote: »
    no punishment for zergs
    no changes for smallmans

    accs stay closed

    Why should zergs be punished? This is a war!
  • What do you think will fix the rvr population @Xyorman? I think the buggane credit in the entire zone of bugganes could help out a bit. I also think making a person who wants to template a toon with RvR, while not doing pve raids, and not buy 800+p of stuff could also help out. Both of which has been asked for by the community. Not saying it's game breaking or going to solve all of the servers problema, but I think it's a small step in the right direction.
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    The more I read the RvR quest reward and streamlining section, the more I see BS doubling down on the path that has led to RvR's demise --- I am not seeing anything that promotes any of the issues people have seen, discussed or actually proposed to help support RvR action; it seems more of the same stuff which hasn't been successful.

    I always thought making a new frontier with no ocean was the way to go. All 3 land masses together only seperated by mile gates, mountains, rivers and hard to travel landscapes like swamps/high level pve areas

  • edited June 2018 PM
    Xyorman wrote: »
    The more I read the RvR quest reward and streamlining section, the more I see BS doubling down on the path that has led to RvR's demise --- I am not seeing anything that promotes any of the issues people have seen, discussed or actually proposed to help support RvR action; it seems more of the same stuff which hasn't been successful.

    I always thought making a new frontier with no ocean was the way to go. All 3 land masses together only seperated by mile gates, mountains, rivers and hard to travel landscapes like swamps/high level pve areas

    Could certainly help the flow -- given the current population, and considering Population and population flow are the 2 biggest issues imo.....anything that promotes not going to the bigger zerg just to get stuff would help; promoting defense perhaps... as of now its just a rush to complete quests ... adding more of the same gets you more of the same.
    Post edited by Xyorman on
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    The more I read the RvR quest reward and streamlining section, the more I see BS doubling down on the path that has led to RvR's demise --- I am not seeing anything that promotes any of the issues people have seen, discussed or actually proposed to help support RvR action; it seems more of the same stuff which hasn't been successful.

    I always thought making a new frontier with no ocean was the way to go. All 3 land masses together only seperated by mile gates, mountains, rivers and hard to travel landscapes like swamps/high level pve areas

    Removing the sea will certainly bring the realms closer together but if zergs are "hiding" from each other now, removing the sea won't solve that problem. In my opinion one of the most complicated questions that is essential to find an answer to is what will make the zergs stop hiding from each other? I'm not sure any of what I've read so far, which I acknowledge is not complete, goes towards addressing that growing issue.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »
    The more I read the RvR quest reward and streamlining section, the more I see BS doubling down on the path that has led to RvR's demise --- I am not seeing anything that promotes any of the issues people have seen, discussed or actually proposed to help support RvR action; it seems more of the same stuff which hasn't been successful.

    I always thought making a new frontier with no ocean was the way to go. All 3 land masses together only seperated by mile gates, mountains, rivers and hard to travel landscapes like swamps/high level pve areas

    Removing the sea will certainly bring the realms closer together but if zergs are "hiding" from each other now, removing the sea won't solve that problem. In my opinion one of the most complicated questions that is essential to find an answer to is what will make the zergs stop hiding from each other? I'm not sure any of what I've read so far, which I acknowledge is not complete, goes towards addressing that growing issue.

    Making it more worthwhile to fight than it is to simply complete a quest; deter the realm mobility which often puts one or more realms in a huge hole as the zergs change through the day would be a start --- but, that requires attacking the second biggest problem....it is simply more valuable, rp wise, to mow people over than it is to have a <somewhat> balanced fight....seems like that will be continued....
  • So is there a new eta on the patch? Or are you guys saying 1.25 will come this fall now? Given it's summer it just seems logical to close the accounts until something new comes along patch wise...
  • Again, it's about a client change not manual name change. A CSR can change a name on someone right now with no issues, that's editing their name (I'm not a CSR I don't know exact procedure/steps). What a MTX name change would be is a client coding change that this auto happens when you purchase a name change. We're not saying it's not possible to change a name at all, we're saying to automate it for MTX "would not be possible without a significant overhaul to the game client and microtransaction system."

    Changing a name manually is and always has been possible, making the game do it (instead of a person manually editing it) never was and that's what was addressed as regards the issue.

    @sym we're still looking at the ruined areas (mentioned in the letter) just no details on what's on the table there yet so this would encompass that.

    @Solutheron yes high end gear will be available through this new system. Ghost Keep will return as an event (no dates currently) and the traveling merchants also sell it.

    @Badnagen what are you currently doing with your bounty points? Genuine question, currently you can by BP items such as exp scrolls (not tradeable), and master levels. The cap limit and cost is still being discussed and feedback always helps so please do let us know.

    @Daelin I'll get clarification on that, bear with me.

    @Jak the cap and limit is not set in stone

    @Sepphiroth75 It's not cosmetic, you will gain everything about the race when you change.

    @Hejoridi Cap and cost still in discussion,

    fair enough
    "don't quote me boy cause i aint said ****"
    Eazy E
  • GigGig
    edited June 2018 PM
    @Sym
    go out with an epic geared lvl 50 cl1 toon doing supplies, that is pushing players away using them as rp fodder. its super frustrating for ppl to just be a punshing ball without chances to win, not to mention you got rvr bgs on most realms just 2-3x a week for 2-3 hours
    Post edited by Gig on
  • Make a new currency, so those people who are crying to loose BPs, sit on their millions of worthless potential speed of hunts. Sad, that BS has to deal with such problems....
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Vikings of Midgard, champions of Hibernia, and defenders of Albion,


    However, there are some balance concerns and caveats to using the existing Bounty Point system as an RvR currency while also maintaining our goal to provide a way for players to obtain high-end gear via RvR without also rendering PvE pointless:

    • Obtaining gear via Bounty Points will not be as efficient or as quick as doing the respective encounter in PvE. It is merely another option for obtaining the gear and one that has the added benefit of participating in RvR while doing so!
    • Current Bounty Point levels are highly inflated on many older characters and while newer characters have a more reasonable amount in general their values have also been inflated with the myriad bounty point bonuses and quests rewards. As such, we'll be instituting a new Bounty Point maximum with this system. Any character with more BPs than that maximum will have their new BP value set to that new maximum value when Patch 1.125 launches. Consider this letter your invitation to use those extra BPs before you lose them when the update is released.
    • We'll also be fine-tuning the amount of BPs earned via quest reward and heavily using them as an incentive in the new RvR quest system outlined below. Note: this may mean that the rate BPs are earned gets increased slightly to offset the new maximum limit and high bounty point costs.
    We aren't quite ready to announce what the exact maximum BP amount will be yet, as we're still fine-tuning the system and its pricing, but it will be in the range of 50,000 to 500,000 maximum bounty points per character.


    So my understanding of this is that Master levels raids/artie raids (if updated) in ToA will return due to players wanting to save their BP's for high end gear in RvR or have i read that wrong. Because if you are making it harder to gain BP's surely ML's will be just as hard to get through BP's unless you are decreasing the BP's on buying Master levels?

    I know glass will be available anyway but i don't think that will cover all the ML's as far as i remember.
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • where does it tell you, that earning BPs is getting harder? they even say, that it is getting easier. ML1-10+CL1-15 is easy right now possible in 1 hour. if you want to save only for high end gear....your fault.
  • I am one of the few people that still runs kings gear CL0 classes for supply quests. It is extremely frustrating. I know that I can’t kill most soloers but at least against visibles and solo I at least have a chance if I pop my 5% HoT charge. But recently I can’t get past the safepath because it’s canped by 6 stealth at all tkme
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • Sym wrote: »
    I am one of the few people that still runs kings gear CL0 classes for supply quests. It is extremely frustrating. I know that I can’t kill most soloers but at least against visibles and solo I at least have a chance if I pop my 5% HoT charge. But recently I can’t get past the safepath because it’s canped by 6 stealth at all tkme

    In theory, under the new system you wouldn't necessarily be venturing into EV to do the supplies quest at those docks. You'd be going to the mazes/solo zones which is the area intended for new/returning players for their BPS.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Yorkeys wrote: »
    Make a new currency, so those people who are crying to loose BPs, sit on their millions of worthless potential speed of hunts. Sad, that BS has to deal with such problems....


    They wouldn't have to deal with such a problem if they weren't taking away people's already earned BP's. And all they really have to do is add a few items to the already live BP merchant and make the cost around 25k to 100k for items in order to accomplish what they want; drastically reducing the BPS already out there. It's not rocket science, I wouldn't mind seeing items such as Summoner's Hall items for 50k BPS, MoV for 500k bps, etc. The only reason they are dealing with this backlash on this item in particular is because they left out the human reaction factor when deciding on implementation.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Again, it's about a client change not manual name change. A CSR can change a name on someone right now with no issues, that's editing their name (I'm not a CSR I don't know exact procedure/steps). What a MTX name change would be is a client coding change that this auto happens when you purchase a name change. We're not saying it's not possible to change a name at all, we're saying to automate it for MTX "would not be possible without a significant overhaul to the game client and microtransaction system."

    Changing a name manually is and always has been possible, making the game do it (instead of a person manually editing it) never was and that's what was addressed as regards the issue.
    ,

    I don't know about that. When I transferred over all my "Rulother" chars over to Ywain, different realms same name, I was asked for a new name. By the game. I entered it in and logged in, with the new name. Rulother Hib became Rulotherchant. This seems like a simple trigger to me, that sparked the game to ask the user for a new name. Why can't the same be done as a new option? What is preventing you from having the option to have a new button on the loading screen, "New name on sign on," for example and then the game asks you once you log in.
  • I have a question for you Carol.... What year will BS upgrade the graphics engine that's dated back to 90s technology?
  • That’s not happening, it would cost millions.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • @Muylae if they let you keep the 4m bps but you could only use em to buy today's bp items, wiuld you be satisfied?
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    RVR while crafting items yea that’s what the people wanted...

    I literally can’t even

    Yeah, I read 'crafting' and immediately logged in to cancel my resub. I have roughly two months left on current sub so we'll see what changes. I can say for certain though based on the feedback from the producers letter it was the right decision to reveal their current mindset before releasing 1.125 because there was A LOT of criticism.

    We'll see if they alter most of their current thinking prior to releasing the patch.
  • I can say for certain though based on the feedback from the producers letter it was the right decision to reveal their current mindset before releasing 1.125 because there was A LOT of criticism.

    As opposed to any other patch? I have never saw a patch released on this game or on a freeshard that did not have 10X more hate than positive reviews. Yet oddly enough the game is still going 15+ years later.
  • I like doppels
  • @Rulother the problem then is that it would be free ;) i dont know why bs cant make it tho that they change names manually, ppl buy a code or so send an email to bs with which name list and bs does it manually, they just got to announce a waiting time
  • Gig wrote: »
    @Rulother the problem then is that it would be free ;) i dont know why bs cant make it tho that they change names manually, ppl buy a code or so send an email to bs with which name list and bs does it manually, they just got to announce a waiting time

    Just so frustrating. I don't even care about being to change my name, though it would be nice. It is just lazy programming to say it is too hard. LAZY
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Just an observation when you transfer a toon that requires a name change you do it right there at the login menu.

    Now to say that you won’t code and take our $ for name changes because it’s hard...

    extremely hard to believe that’s the actual truth meaning that it’s (not a priority?)
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I can say for certain though based on the feedback from the producers letter it was the right decision to reveal their current mindset before releasing 1.125 because there was A LOT of criticism.

    As opposed to any other patch? I have never saw a patch released on this game or on a freeshard that did not have 10X more hate than positive reviews. Yet oddly enough the game is still going 15+ years later.

    I can say over the past three years of following DAoC that I've never seen as much negative feedback within the first day of announcing patch notes/ideas.

    The only difference this time is they finally released their current perspective/mindset on how they've been viewing patch 1.125 in a producers letter and not in patch notes.

    I wouldn't quite equate a blanket statement stating that nearly all patches receive 10x more negativity and criticism compared to positive reviews because based on my observations what was released in the producers letter was not at all well received by the community.

    Now they have an opportunity to rethink their current objectives and alter ideas prior to even releasing a pendragon version.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    I feel like since I have been back anything announced by BS has 80% negative feedback, 10% positive, and 10% that doesn't really care. Yes, we have had alot of negative feedback but most of it is over the stripping/capping of bp's which I feel is a minor issue overall.

    The facts are that I heard a TON of discussions from the players in forums asking for an RvR currency so they didn't have to do PvE. We are getting that and now everyone is pissed because they lose bp's. Even IF BS didn't strip/cap bp's people would still bitch about stuff not beimg tradeable.

    If BS came out tomorrow and said they were making the game 100% free people would bitch. Also, I love that everyone thinks they have the perfect idea to fix the server when such a thing doesn't exist. What pleases one subset of players pisses off another. Some think things are too easy amd others think it's too hard. Who do you listen to?
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I feel like since I have been back anything announced by BS has 80% negative feedback, 10% positive, and 10% that doesn't really care. Yes, we have had alot of negative feedback but most of it is over the stripping/capping of bp's which I feel is a minor issue overall.

    The facts are that I heard a TON of discussions from the players in forums asking for an RvR currency so they didn't have to do PvE. We are getting that and now everyone is pissed because they lose bp's. Even IF BS didn't strip/cap bp's people would still bitch about stuff not beimg tradeable.

    If BS came out tomorrow and said they were making the game 100% free people would bitch. Also, I love that everyone thinks they have the perfect idea to fix the server when such a thing doesn't exist. What pleases one subset of players pisses off another. Some think things are too easy amd others think it's too hard. Who do you listen to?

    What you say is true, people will always find something to complain about. However that fact doesn't mean that every idea Broadsword presents and implements should be immune to criticism. Yes, players have asked for an alternative to PVE however they did not ask for such a complicated system that Broadsword is proposing and they certainly did not have a great deal of their cumulative work being wiped away in mind also. Broadsword already said they would implement a hotfix with some things that people can spend their BPs on prior to the cap being released; problem semi-solved. It's Broadsword's job to sort through all the criticism and glean what useful and valid content they can from it. If you want the community to be more measured in their gut reaction, as the saying goes: stick out both hands and fill one with piss and one with "want" and see which one fills up faster.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • I can agree with all of that @Sovereign. I'm certainly not saying they couldn't make it easier or better, but it just blows my mind that a loss of bp's would cause such outrage and so many people that say they will quit over it. I'm all about constructive criticism but as you said, they have already listened and adjusted some ideas and things so who know's what will come. Lets not make it seem like this is the end of the game as we know it when the patch isn't even released yet.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I can agree with all of that @Sovereign. I'm certainly not saying they couldn't make it easier or better, but it just blows my mind that a loss of bp's would cause such outrage and so many people that say they will quit over it. I'm all about constructive criticism but as you said, they have already listened and adjusted some ideas and things so who know's what will come. Lets not make it seem like this is the end of the game as we know it when the patch isn't even released yet.

    Because they're taking away something that was EARNED. I can't comprehend how many times it's been stated. It has nothing to do with the fact of whether or not they are CURRENTLY very useful. It is a direct earning of time played and invested into the game. As you stated you came back 18 months ago iirc? How about people who've and continue to play for YEARS. People wanted something to spend their bounty points on and/or make them more useful. BP to merit point conversion? BP to repair weapons with no durability loss, BP to buy gear, BP to buy potions etc etc. These suggestions have been going on for a long while prior to the producers letter regarding 1.125. You say people are being greedy? I look at it as what I've accomplished on my favorite character over the years I've played. So if YOU don't see the 'big deal' with capping the bp's (even though you deflect and state it's not necessary if the items aren't tradeable anyways) it doesn't equate to how other players who have invested significantly more time into the game feel.

    Of course we would like something to spend our BP's on that's actually useful. Even the BP's themselves may be trivial. What the players, including me, are pissed off about is having this 'semi-worthless' currency capped and the surplus deleted. That's completely disrespectful to the amount of time and money we've invested into the game.

    That was the main irritant.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I can agree with all of that @Sovereign. I'm certainly not saying they couldn't make it easier or better, but it just blows my mind that a loss of bp's would cause such outrage and so many people that say they will quit over it. I'm all about constructive criticism but as you said, they have already listened and adjusted some ideas and things so who know's what will come. Lets not make it seem like this is the end of the game as we know it when the patch isn't even released yet.

    Because they're taking away something that was EARNED. I can't comprehend how many times it's been stated. It has nothing to do with the fact of whether or not they are CURRENTLY very useful. It is a direct earning of time played and invested into the game. As you stated you came back 18 months ago iirc? How about people who've and continue to play for YEARS. People wanted something to spend their bounty points on and/or make them more useful. BP to merit point conversion? BP to repair weapons with no durability loss, BP to buy gear, BP to buy potions etc etc. These suggestions have been going on for a long while prior to the producers letter regarding 1.125. You say people are being greedy? I look at it as what I've accomplished on my favorite character over the years I've played. So if YOU don't see the 'big deal' with capping the bp's (even though you deflect and state it's not necessary if the items aren't tradeable anyways) it doesn't equate to how other players who have invested significantly more time into the game feel.

    Of course we would like something to spend our BP's on that's actually useful. Even the BP's themselves may be trivial. What the players, including me, are pissed off about is having this 'semi-worthless' currency capped and the surplus deleted. That's completely disrespectful to the amount of time and money we've invested into the game.

    That was the main irritant.

    Also also then implement more quests to earn more BPS on that I already have..... so (albeit cap is unknown right now) I am voicing that it will certain be distastful to get BP's stripped to cap, buy needed gear, need new gear with the next gen of templates, and then have to re-earn BP's to by that gen of gear, but I already had those BP's before the cap....Also there are a number of people that have sold ML's to returning players rolling new alts. Now it kind of feels like they are getting punished for trying to help someone catch back up. A 3rd point is some (very selective some) of the current BP gear is not horrible, I have ran some of it as a stop gap while putting char's thru cursed/ow raids in temp templates until their full real template is realized. A 4th point (until recently) is artifacts, not many people run them anymore, but I had literally bought several credits and books for Dream Sphear the night before it got changed back to roll in new templates. Artifacts on farming alts. The point is, that there are many reasons and still valid uses of BP's. Its a currency that I earned, there is no reason to cap it. None.

    As for the complicated nature of crafting the new items, this is also silly, this is one of the steps that needs to be streamlined. We don't need to preform a ML step to craft an item, Buy these set of ingreidents, farm this one, get the BP's for this one, then level a crafter to 200 gemcutting... comon, I'll just go on the raid then....

    And interesting idea to persue (actual non trolling idea that I don't know how feasiable it is), Could we craft credit for said item, therefore it could be traded 1 time? Like craft an artifact credit that can be turned in and then the item is bound to that char? I know this goes against what I just mentioned above, but could also be valid use. without having items turned over and over.

    On another point, they still have not said exactly what items are going to be purchasible/craftable on either the recent pre cap slash merch, nor the post cap slash merch. Will it be Cursed items only? Dragon lockets? Jack Frost items?

    Just so much unseen from the info given, it feels like 13 years ago when they brought out NF, and they were like, ya you won't need RA preq's anymore, every was like Hell ya I don't HAVE to get AA3 to get MoC, the problem, MoC sucks now (compared to what it used to be), and they stripped a lot of old RA's and nerfed others. I agree with balancing, just waiting for the other shoe to drop about these items...
Sign In or Register to comment.