Mechanic needed for the game during dead hours in order to find action/people

edited August 2020 in General Board
I dont know about you people playing, but if i log in and dont find anything in a couple celerity charges, then i log. Game simply needs some mechanic to put people in the same areas during dead hours. Here is my idea, share your own ideas.

4u1s3z5jzwox.png

My idea was to have another quest added, one that you get credit from in the hot spot zones, and to have increased realm points for rvr participation in the zones. I would like the zones not to be close to keeps if possible, the circles are just examples.
Post edited by Yems on

Comments

• They already tried that when Buggane would move to different areas and you would only get the buff in those areas
  • Minibard wrote: »
    They already tried that when Buggane would move to different areas and you would only get the buff in those areas

yeah but for off-peak hours when a zerg isn't running this could be a good incentive for small/8mans to find fights. It's not a bad idea, but the better idea is getting population up and letting EC be no restrictions except for RPs and BPs...
  • I think it would be best if they just used EV and shut down the rest during off peak hour.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Or as someone mentioned above, use the buggane buff in the centre of ev. That will centre the action.
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • The problem i see with doing this is thst it will just cause the solos or small mans to just get ran over by bigger numbers
  • Names wrote: »
    The problem i see with doing this is thst it will just cause the solos or small mans to just get ran over by bigger numbers

This is a risk you always take playing solo regardless in my opinion.
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Minibard wrote: »
    They already tried that when Buggane would move to different areas and you would only get the buff in those areas

yeah but for off-peak hours when a zerg isn't running this could be a good incentive for small/8mans to find fights. It's not a bad idea, but the better idea is getting population up and letting EC be no restrictions except for RPs and BPs...

getting population would fix it of course, and i ultimately think this is what everyone wants because it would solve almost all the issues we have.

But until then something needs to be done i think, at least until we see a new server or steady increase in players.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    The problem is the reason they aren't getting population is how slow they are to fix things from EC, bug fixing, class fixing etc. It's taken them 6-7 months to sort that out and by the time they have done it, people lose patients and leave the game.
    I do understand they are dealing with a server/game that has plenty of issues but taking that much time isn't going to make people come back. There interaction with their play base isn't good either and when they keep saying in their newsletter it will be out in march, it's coming soon, it's on its way this week. They just have to be honest instead of hushing it up and making the player base wonder when anything is going to be updated and fixed.
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • LffLff
    edited August 2020 PM
    bad players are always going to come at you with more numbers. How else are they going to get rps?

Not pointing fingers here, but there's an alb 1-2 groups who always roam the three spots you highlighted, looking for solos/small mans, at the times you suggest.

Those 1-2g could be flaming towers or keeps for action. Their inability to get great action by looking for things to run over isn't a game issue, it's a player issue.
    Post edited by Lff on
  • I disagree with giving solo players more rp for kill (or same as spread among a group) for two reasons.

1) The game has to incentivize grouping because people will stop playing if it becomes a solo deal, or it's more beneficial risk/reward to solo vs seek out players. The community and interactions and trying to work together is what this game is about.

2) Solo is great (and I play a lot of loner play so take that for what it's worth) but with equal skill or sometimes even unequal, there are classes that shouldn't ever lose 1v1, even if the other uses RAs. Necros (pre-patch), Reavers. Moc Lifetap Pet classes. Then there are combinations which should never be a tossup, and then there are assassins which can choose targets and if there are adds or things don't go as planned they can a combination of vanish, mez poison, snare poison + snare/disease, climb walls, get out of LOS. If you buff the solo game you just get even more of the I shouldn't lose classes, many of whom camp until all their RA's are up, and the classes you should be able to beat, are able to avoid you.
  • KoeKoe
    edited August 2020 PM
    To the OP: The population is the basic issue. Dopples probably help with that to an extent. RP events also help. It's a "if you build it they will come".

Usually a new patch helps also.

I'm wondering if for the new patch broadsword could issue a newsletter with the changes and also advertise that for say 3 weeks (or whenever) the BP limit is increased to 1,000,000 in a new "Bounty Point Extravaganza" Including the trophy mobs and tolkens. (The tolkens should be increased in price from the 35kish to more like 100-200, IMO)

One time events get people to resub for that month, and if you've subbed you will probably do more than just visit a merchant. You may try to collect BPs, doing raids, RvRing, and generally assisting in creating action. That's just my suggestion to drive interest. The game is still tons of fun, creating action is circular.

Maybe combine that with 3 week labor day bonuses:)
    Post edited by Koe on
  • SymSym
    edited August 2020 PM
    Good idea. I only play after 9pm PST 12am EST and usually population is at 50 per realm with mostly solos stealthers and PvE. It’s not worth staying logged on and I usually go to ESO or other servers.

Solution is to bring back all crosswords for even small fights.
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Koe wrote: »
    I disagree with giving solo players more rp for kill (or same as spread among a group) for two reasons.

1) The game has to incentivize grouping because people will stop playing if it becomes a solo deal, or it's more beneficial risk/reward to solo vs seek out players. The community and interactions and trying to work together is what this game is about.

2) Solo is great (and I play a lot of loner play so take that for what it's worth) but with equal skill or sometimes even unequal, there are classes that shouldn't ever lose 1v1, even if the other uses RAs. Necros (pre-patch), Reavers. Moc Lifetap Pet classes. Then there are combinations which should never be a tossup, and then there are assassins which can choose targets and if there are adds or things don't go as planned they can a combination of vanish, mez poison, snare poison + snare/disease, climb walls, get out of LOS. If you buff the solo game you just get even more of the I shouldn't lose classes, many of whom camp until all their RA's are up, and the classes you should be able to beat, are able to avoid you.

I'm confused at exactly how would incentivizing solos getting more RPs be bad? Is it better than having smallmans continually seek out and kill solo players for easy RPs? Like what??? I solo almost exclusively because I play on non-primetime hours and It's just sad that there is an inherited RP bonus for grouped players even when killing solos... so ultimately you get low population and smallmans chasing down solos because they are still great RPs...

Edit: I think it would be great awesome to bring back the 25k RP rewards for group quests, while keeping the solo quest to 5-10k but make it repeatable... But I know notihng
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • problem with making it repeatable is that people would just farm them self and you know there are some that oready do that

problem with making it repeatable is that people would just farm them self and you know there are some that oready do that

then report them and @Broadsword should ban them for a week or more. That's the problem with them now, they are soft. Other places offer permanent bans for offenses like that. Better QoL in an alternative place vs Live, it's sad
    problem with making it repeatable is that people would just farm them self and you know there are some that oready do that

bs should not ban them just remove all the rps form both accounts ----
  • I doubt Broadsword would give this even a tiny attention. Because we shall enjoy NEW upcoming market explorer and housing models.. first.......^^
  • if you have any ideas yourself you should express them if you think its an issue at least finding action during dead hours
  • Everyone just logs the realm that's dominating. Countless time IRC logs a realm late on, struggle to find anything but a pug or randoms to fight. Suddenly every loser on the same realm except a few die hard for the realm players
  • Broadsword asked us what we wanted in this next patch and CM/housing was the consensus. Don't knock the democratic vote:)
  • Koe wrote: »
    Broadsword asked us what we wanted in this next patch and CM/housing was the consensus. Don't knock the democratic vote:)

i think this content kind of baffled everyone
  • @Koe I don't think giving more solo RPs will turn the game into a solo game.

Right now, it takes a LOT more effort to make decent RPs in a night compared to zerging.

Risk/reward needs to be balanced (hence why doppels should all be relocated in high traffic areas far from escape points to increase the risk), but you also need to think of RPs in RP/effort provided.
  • Dopples are in pretty high risk spots. There's maybe 6 on alb and hib and 3 on mid that are relatively close to a tower. With the exception of the breifine dopples by nged tower those seem to be on slower spawns so its fine as is.

on solo rps my guildie also disagrees with me. She says that it often takes a few minutes to win a fight 1v1 and basically what shoke said, that you get less rps soloing.

I still think it's a group game and you have to make grouping be the funner environment. Someone mentioned swords for smaller fights. I don't disagree except that there's usually one serious group out that is going to easily beat everyone, and if they can just run towards action that's going to make the lesser experienced/skilled groups just stop playing.
  • LffLff
    edited August 2020 PM
    its pretty dire currently on solo front. get r2' stealths hitting r11/12 visis because nothing else to do. (i don't mind but I feel bad).

I think its the last few weeks or so, people may be on vacay as was said. Personally I like the idea of a bp bonanza. make 1.5m the cap and put a lot of one time goodies in the bp merchant for 1m+.... and make solo missions repeatable. Then you'd have more action. Especially if you made pendragon bracers obtainable at 1.5m bp. Someone on mid was asking for a consignment merchant for like a month in region. I have to assume that's a want item that would get people to reup (whatever it was). Stuff like that.

This is also random but open catacombs for 2 weeks and close curse zones for 2 weeks. There's content/items people want there and it might bring some people back.

My other suggestion as a former pve expert is to do a one time event merchant (think infernal merchants on roids) that sells/trades for 200p tolkens. for some it's alll about vault space and I know that's not changing, so save on 8 mansion deeds and get 1 pendragon tolken.
    Post edited by Lff on
  • Didn’t we have this?

Wasn’t it battle or Buggane’s obelisk when it spawned in different zones? And all the 8mans cried?
  • We did have this. Just bring back ruined keeps.
  • Reviving this since its been hard to get ONE solo kill past 2 days.
  • Koe wrote: »
    Reviving this since its been hard to get ONE solo kill past 2 days.

yup its definitely not easy off peak hours.
  • Well you had a good idea but dumbasses on here whined about it. Too. Much now you got what you wanted dead solo zones no players the first Dopple patch worked with Dopples in the solo zones with acceptable rps per kill good risk reward but you had to whine and tinker you got what you asked for live with it
  • Brut wrote: »
    Well you had a good idea but dumbasses on here whined about it. Too. Much now you got what you wanted dead solo zones no players the first Dopple patch worked with Dopples in the solo zones with acceptable rps per kill good risk reward but you had to whine and tinker you got what you asked for live with it

I never know what you are saying when you write stuff, but somehow this hits home with me... I think...
  • Would be nice if they made just a solo zone for people that only solo kinda like laby or something, i mean everyone plays the game diff. I only get to play few hrs a day so the lil time i do play i just run solo and never group. Sucks when hero with 75+ Chases you by yourself for 15 mins till they catch you which i know thats the risk running solo and red is dead, but its just something i love to do when i play win or lose i just like the 1v1 challenges or 1v2
  • Im okay if the ruined keeps come back but dont make then one of the port chain keep(the island keeps) that way with them being super easy to take its not messing with the port system