1.127 Pendragon Test-Server Patch Notes

124»

Comments

• Kroko wrote: »
    @Stoopiduser
    Hibs dont outnumber alb/mid bec. of their stun. In EU time it is bec. of hero. There are lots of people in his bg that play only when he is online. This week he wasnt online...i guess it was a good week for alb/mids.

I am not concerned with being outnumbered, its the futility of defending against Hibs with stun making the game no fun for the majority of people.

When Mids outnumber Albs we can still have fun kill something and its the same when defnding against Alb when on Mid.

When Hib was underpopulated this wasnt as much of an issue but now that is not the case for most of the day the problem is magnified.

This is lowering population and if atleast half of the server connot have fun why would anyone come back?

• edited August 2020 PM
    Now stun-nuke-nuke is the reason for low pop looooooooooooooooooooooool

The same people advocating against stun-nuke-nuke are probably the same ones that think a 50% body debuff on a Bainshee is a good idea... Your constant arguement of
    When Mids outnumber Albs we can still have fun kill something and its the same when defnding against Alb when on Mid.
    is invalid. Hero BG runs a lot of climbers, a lot of casters, and they run pretty organized. Mid zergs have a lot of melee, but i doubt there's more than 2-3 savages that went climb wall spec and maybe 3-4 warriors in the bg, giving you 7 climbers MAX in a mid zerg. Also mid BG (ESPECIALLY DURING EU PRIME) never comes remotely close to the size of the hero bg, let alone the organization.

[removed] could just ban hero, we've already seen the effect when he's not around. We don't need the hero lemmings anyways, theyre the ones causing the problem and not switching realms just so they can run against nobody. I'm sure the increase in action will draw more players in and the game will be more fun overall.

We would also benefit from being on Steam, but that looks like it will never happen (4 years in progress). The EC restrictions loosening is underrated (now EC accounts will be on a level playing field w/ access to sup pots), hopefully now they can capitalize on some marketing strategy. Or they could just let Ramik keep paying for Facebook ads and giving out his own free stuff.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • A lot of people do like to run 8mans or a pug group the problem is the grps like irc and creeper who instantly kill any pugs that try to run and thats not there fault but that is why most people just run in the bg now because that is the casual play stile. I like to run 8mans and run in the bgs. However if trying to run an 8man means we only find elite grps out and not even have a chance i would rather run in the bg and have fun the not have fun because I die all the time. And I'm not a bad player im not the best but I at least know what I'm doing and need to be doing.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    @Kroko you can somewhat fix hero, by heavily nerfing RPs people make by zerging.

And that's not just by removing defense or keep RPs, it's straight nerfing RPs into the ground when you get kills when outnumbering your opponent.

And by nerfing, I mean Hero logs out with 5k RPs if he faces no opposition, with 6 hours played.

In order to do this, BS needs to completely revamp how they design RP/kill and the RvR quests.

Again, prioritizing 8v8 will have a significant effect on all play styles. This is what BS needs to do before the game self implodes because ppl are just playing on borrowed time, with the attitude of "it's my 15$ and I'll do whatver the fck I want until this game dies"

CU is gonna suck and be the epic flop of a generation

Other games suck

There will be no daoc2

This is what you have, lets start taking care of it.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • edited August 2020 PM
    realm loyalty died with the lack of population which led to servers being merged and then the remaining merged to ywain.....which included the "classics"
    it is what it is.......
    Post edited by 47el on
  • @shoke i see what your saying about making 8v8 the default but even you showed why that isn't a great way to do things. in one of your post you said not to make Reaver group viable because it would imbalance solo. well if the game is going to be balanced around 8v8 your basically telling classes like reaver and I'm sure others, well tough luck your not a viable group class.

this leaves them with the option of soloing (not really viable for most classes) or zerging in a world where zerging nets next to no gains. since zerging would be a low net gain anyways the zergers would follow the path of the 8 mans and eventually not take those classes or specs also.

i don't know, I think I would rather play a game where they are always tweaking to make as many specs at as close to viable as possible, then in a game that just gives up on certain specs and classes and sends them to the dust bin.
  • @Samhayn that's a good point, and it's hard to balance classes for solo and group.

But like I said, not all classes are great in both solo and groups.

Take the example of the vamp. They turned it into a good group class by giving them a pet. However, they were completely broken solo wise, they had to nerf vamps. Now vamps are not a very good group class.

If you take the example of the reaver, they aren't complete trash, but they are subpar compared to other melee.dps classes on alb. However, the beauty of daoc is the variety of classes available. You don't have to play a reaver, you can play something else.
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Dale_Perf wrote: »

@Dale_Perf hey I am having fun mostly, unlike new people.

Hero cannot hold the courtyard outside the of range healers if there is more than 1fg of defenders (getting less likely).

If Hib stun at sieges is not a problem, then hibs dont need it. Oh wait it is a massive problem so people like @Dale_Perf will smash new people into the ground thinking they are either 1. Good Players, or 2. Get good n00b. As I said in the other thread Dale, you have fun with yourself as long as you like. Broadsword wont listen to me anyways @John_Broadsword will drive this game head first into the ground if he does nothing about this imbalance.
    Post edited by Stoopiduser on
  • To the people on here defending stun on a list caster how would you feel about giving alb baseline stun on the wizard? Or mid baseline stun on a Runemaster?

I would both love and hate this change.

The pro is that all these hibs thinking they are skilled and defending this stupid game dynamic will feel the pain first hand.

The con is that it drives the game further into the ground, being killed within the castable stun duration Given free as baseline to hib list casters in a keep is not fun and always has been poor game dynamic.

At the end of the day if people do not have fun they stop playing. It is quite simple and I don’t know why people defend the indefensible.
  • I personally don't care either way what happens to baseline stun. What I'm curious about is what the next scapegoat ability will be until you all realize that the abilities aren't the issue. There are plenty of ways to avoid getting stunned, mezzed, or rooted in a keep or tower. Line of sight and positioning are key. Jumping raises your LOS allowing you to cast on others and avoid being casted on. I highly suggest you all learn the game mechanics before going down the rabbit hole of requesting changes that won't alter outcome.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »

@Dale_Perf hey I am having fun mostly, unlike new people.

Hero cannot hold the courtyard outside the of range healers if there is more than 1fg of defenders (getting less likely).

If Hib stun at sieges is not a problem, then hibs dont need it. Oh wait it is a massive problem so people like @Dale_Perf will smash new people into the ground thinking they are either 1. Good Players, or 2. Get good n00b. As I said in the other thread Dale, you have fun with yourself as long as you like. Broadsword wont listen to me anyways @John_Broadsword will drive this game head first into the ground if he does nothing about this imbalance.

I play Mid and Mid alone. Great logic though If ThEy DoNt NeEd It WhY dO tHeY hAvE iT?

Superlaws wrote: »
    To the people on here defending stun on a list caster how would you feel about giving alb baseline stun on the wizard? Or mid baseline stun on a Runemaster?

I would both love and hate this change.

The pro is that all these hibs thinking they are skilled and defending this stupid game dynamic will feel the pain first hand.

The con is that it drives the game further into the ground, being killed within the castable stun duration Given free as baseline to hib list casters in a keep is not fun and always has been poor game dynamic.

At the end of the day if people do not have fun they stop playing. It is quite simple and I don’t know why people defend the indefensible.

It's like Stun-nuke-nuke is ruining peoples lives here. You guys are dying because of 100 reasons, but like @puter said you want to blame Stun-nuke-nuke for all your problems. As if it's stun-nuke-nuke's fault for your poor positioning, not calling to your healer you got debuffed, or forming a group with the proper support.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • As someone that has used Ground targeting and ran siege on a caster at that for years. I find the new gt system to completely unacceptable. What once was a pretty simple and fast system. You have now completely made burdensome. I will now have to take hours to figure out macros to do what I could do in a couple of seconds. Or stand in the middle of battle typing and retyping to try to get my ground target where I need it to be. You have now made one of the spells I use regularly useless!
    You are going to have multiple issues with dead rams and what you have for any siege movement is going to be a problem. it takes to long to move anything. When you release a piece of siege it continues to move.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    is invalid. Hero BG runs a lot of climbers, a lot of casters, and they run pretty organized. Mid zergs have a lot of melee, but i doubt there's more than 2-3 savages that went climb wall spec and maybe 3-4 warriors in the bg, giving you 7 climbers MAX in a mid zerg. Also mid BG (ESPECIALLY DURING EU PRIME) never comes remotely close to the size of the hero bg, let alone the organization.

mid bg has a lot of tanks ? since when ? have you ever been in an anna bg ? most of the time, my group is the only group in anna's bg that has melee. in my bg's there tend to be more tanks than in anna's bgs though

i doubt there are 3 savages in the game in total who can climb walls.

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »

mid bg has a lot of tanks ? since when ? have you ever been in an anna bg ? most of the time, my group is the only group in anna's bg that has melee. in my bg's there tend to be more tanks than in anna's bgs though

US prime BG is tankier than the EU bg
  • Muylae wrote: »

^^
  • Brut wrote: »
    No one is asking for minstrels to get heals
    What would make a difference is reducing the minstrel aoe mez cast time to 2.5 or 3 not a massive change.
    But it allows minis to lead groups more easily and reduces the need for a sorc.

I think that tinkering with the Minstrel's AOE mez is not a good idea.

A Minstrel's role is not a primary (or even secondary) AOE CCer.

Minstrels are perhaps the best target-to-target interrupters in the game. A Minstrel has 4 instant spells-2 DDs, a stun, and an amenisia. A Minstrel can also charm an orange-red pet. A Minstrel can also stealth and climb walls. A Minstrel can wear chain armor and can be a Sojourner. A Minstrel also has SOS and self-cast cresendo on the the move. A Minstrel can also single target mes on the move and not ever have line of site except for the brief instant the cast starts and ends.

A Minstrel is designed to push and interrupt single targets. It is not mean to be a CCer on par with (or even close to) Sorcs, Bards, and Healers.

The current AOE mez is a hard-coded 5 second mes for a reason. It is not affected by dex. Cutting that time in half or even close to that, would be too overpowered.

I have a RR11 Minstrel and a RR11 Sorc. I know what they do and how they work. Minstrels do not need any AOE CC love (or any love for that matter).
  • Pretty sure the minst ae mez is affected by dex. Also, they don't have amnesia, they have confuse....
  • i would love mos on my minstrel :)
  • Koe wrote: »
    Agreed. I will add that I was wondering why hib zerg has been so muted over the past week and was just told that the leaders are trying to keep RP's down and not take relics so that broadsword doesn't think that they are OP. They really want the bain body debuff. I don't think I've ever in the last year seen such little hib action in weekly stats.

Just going to repost this as well as Hibs with 5 relics and almost as many rps last week as albs/mids combined.
  • Pretty sure the minst ae mez is affected by dex. Also, they don't have amnesia, they have confuse....

It’s affected by dex to a point, but the casting speed of the AE mez is hard capped.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters