Patch

After reading the producers letter, think it may be time to bow out. Horrible absolutely horrible. Was a good run daoc, time for something else post new patch

Comments

• edited June 2018 PM
    you must only praise supreme leader
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • was a joke, they always ban people for giving their opinions, if its anything other then "wow great awesome job"
  • A lot of these suggestions need to be re-reviewed with alternative options considered. The whole concept of being able to craft end-game gear is fine but I am absolutely 100% against hard capping BP's UNLESS the players who've earned a surplus volume of BP's over the hard cap can be compensated for their dedication.

• I'm sincerely asking here @Hejoridi and not trying to troll or flame, but what are your specific complaints about the patch? I understand a bit of frustration from having bp's reduced and capped, but I find it hard to believe that would cause a person to want to quit.
  • @RonELuvv did you not read the notes? There is nothing but sustaining the decline, what in those notes incentivises a player to stay, or better yet, to come back and resub?
  • It does pull people out of PvE and into RvR. Even if populations stay the same, give me 20-30 more people out in RvR at all times and the game is way more enjoyable.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • But Sym they won't be doing either, they will be trying to figure out which ingredients are needs on which chars and leveling their crafting on each char but the items aren't tradable.
  • SymSym
    edited June 2018 PM
    Crafting 1-200 is like an hour. Finding curse 1-8 can take MONTHS. People spend more time semi afk in relic town, so the whole crafting thing is no big deal. People just want to get high end gear without relying on a raid with a small population that may not happen or bugs out.
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Then don't you think the priority should be on fixing the raid.... now I have to go level crafting on an 36 char's personally
  • They do plan to fix crashing...
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • OH thats right, in patch 1.126 which will be out Mid 2025
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Staticc wrote: »
    @RonELuvv did you not read the notes? There is nothing but sustaining the decline, what in those notes incentivises a player to stay, or better yet, to come back and resub?

1. By putting in this new BP/RvR gear you won't have to farm PvE if you don't want to. As @Sym has already stated, crafting 1-200 on a craft is NOTHING. It will take no time. The point of this was not to be able to twink out every alt of yours, it was to allow players that ability to bypass farming PvE that requires BG's and FG's to accomplish. Nothing more and nothing less. Also, everything needed to make these items is tradeable except the item itself and the "mold". So you can indeed help out your alts/friends by helping them get some of the items.
    2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of making the whole zone that buggane is in count for buggane credit. This will bring more people of all play styles into the area when buggane isn't in EV which helps out RvR.
    3. Making simple things like Omni-Regen/heal/Resto/Tenacity pots and other things available with bp's makes it easier to get these things as a player. Plus, IF all essences now just drop Sup/Celerity essences than that also improves as they should now be easier to get in RvR.
    4. Making the "Recipe Templates" not only tradeable but also only obtainable through an "RvR" quest will get people out even if they don't need the template item as now it will be easy money to sell these.

These are the biggest reasons I'm excited about this. One mans trash is another mans treasure. The only things that worry me on these patch notes is...

1. How hard will these "RvR Tasks" be that give these "Recipe Templates."
    2. Hopefully the listing of essence weeds droping supremacy/celerity/nothing meant that they will only drop sup/celerity essences and not that it has a chance to give you nothing.
    3. Although I like the idea that they are trying to encourage groups/zergs from killing solo's with this change to credit, I don't think it will work. The people that did this will continue to do so even if they don't get credit for a task, not to mention how are they going to know if you are grouped or not. Could be with several other stealthers and they are stealthed up or could be working his way back to his group after he died or ld'd.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • It will prevent others from zerging solo spots for quest credit late at night...
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Sym wrote: »
    It will prevent others from zerging solo spots for quest credit late at night...

You already can't get credit at solo spots for anything but solo quest. Roaming doesn't work there, neither does siege, and certainly not bug's. Those that zerg the solo spots will still do so. Again, I appreciate the effort to try and deter players from zerging down solo's, but I think its just pissing in the wind.
  • The notes stated 1 week quest and 1 month quest.... Yuppers, Gotta those 40 keep takes every month on every char, and ya sure I could use my BP's to help guildies with some of the pieces, but those are my BP's and I can only have so many, and they took half of them away....

And of course they are going to zerg the solo area, what "solo area" has not been zerged down? There is no respect in this game anymore, no 8 mans, no solo fights, Its all about who has biggest pop online in that time..... these notes change nothing (okay I will give you the bugg kills in the zone thing is a silver limning that is, in fact, the crap storm of these notes).
  • Staticc wrote: »
    The notes stated 1 week quest and 1 month quest.... Yuppers, Gotta those 40 keep takes every month on every char, and ya sure I could use my BP's to help guildies with some of the pieces, but those are my BP's and I can only have so many, and they took half of them away....

I will have to re-read the notes, but I didn't know those "1 week quest and 1 month quests" were going to be for the "Recipe Templates". If so then that kind of sucks since they have already put in many other hurdles for players to jump through with the crafting/capped bp's/mold's not being tradeable. The "Recipe templates" should be something that any playstyle can achieve.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    And now your caught up to were we are... 40 keep takes to get a reciepe yay! and I can't trade it YAY! and my journal is full [edited] super YAY! And my backpack is full, Well hella super [edited] YAY! But at least I don't have to PvE, except dodging a zerg to go pick up rubble..... Actually this is giving what a lot of people have requested, makes it feel more like Mordred, dodging PvP to be able to do PVE, so that then you can join the fun of PvP'ing to catch people while they are trying to PvE so they can....... /rambles off in the distance.....
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • I just went and reread the notes and I don't believe the quest you are talking about is going to be the quests for the "Recipe Templates". They even say those quests will offer bp rewards and nowhere in that line does it mention the "Recipe Templates," but I certainly could be wrong. I took these notes to mention that they are getting rid of the plethora or quests and streamlining them into a couple quests.

New weekly or monthly repeatable quests will be offered by Commander Wentworth, Commander Hrurdin, and Commander Locke in each realm's relic towns that will offer bounty point rewards:
    The Royal Accountant's quest 'A New Threat in an Old Form' will have its steps to kill each of the Doppelganger lords as well as 25 normal doppelgangers consolidated into a new weekly repeatable quest.
    This quest will grant realm points in addition to the bounty point reward.
    The statue quests Tribute: Conqueror, Enforcer, and Peerless will be consolidated into a single monthly quest requiring characters to capture 40 keeps, kill 150 realm enemies, and gather 50 supplies and 50 rubble.
    This quest will offer the statue quests' normal potion rewards in addition to bounty points.
  • These are not notes, these are empty promises...
  • Crap I mean, a producers letter...
  • Lol, fair enough @Staticc. My point is that nowhere does it allude to the fact that those particular quests will be the ones to reward the "Recipe Templates," although it could be the case.
  • Another one bites the dust. Patches = bandaids. All I want is a formidable fighting force and some foes to fight. 8 mans are ok but a BG is preferable. A BG with a leader who is respectful and fun to run with, i.e. Herorius. Some changes now and then to keeps and landscape are interesting but bottom line is competition and winning.
    They may want to consider BG leaders' preferences because without them there won't be much left to do in the game. Events that generate lots of rps in short order such as Caledonia, etc. are much more desired than more crafting and item procuring.
    My feeling is a decent force negates the grueling grind of templating by use of sufficient numbers. I remember going to Albion precisely to run with Kzar who would encourage any and all levels to join. And I play on Hib just to run with the bg I can count on to be there.
    Patches are Ok but only if they actually fix problems. That's why they are called patches.I can't think of anything in-game more pointless than more items and more crafting. You want uses for BP's? How about Battlefield Potions? 25K farming? Pfft.
    I was looking forward to the patch for the variety of a little change in the daily game play. ZZzzz Pretty boring out there. Even the battleground events are fun as a change of pace. Fight, die, release, repeat and rack up the points quick. Forget patching and put in weekend events.