Mentalist RR5 timer increase...?

Am I the only one who thinks the Mentalists RR5 is a super powerful RR5 to be on a 5 minute timer? Just a thought given how powerful Mentalists are overall and then add the RR5 on that timer is bananas to me. Not saying change the RR5 just make it at least a 10 minute reuse imo so it's on par with most of the other "strong" RR5s. Can you think of another useful RR5 on a 5 minute timer?

Comments

• Yeah that's a good one too. Normally I would say since it's on a healing class it should stay at 5 minutes but when it's on a smite cleric that's a rough one. Damage dealing classes with a 5 minute usable RR5 is bad news imo. I mean you can completely shut out a person from doing any hard to you on a 5 minute timer but poor Warlocks get a useless pot on a 15 minute timer lols.
  • edited July 2020 PM
    /shrug Cleric rank 5 is useless vs casters+hybrids and can be useless vs smart melees. The Mentalist rank 5 is unavoidable.
    Post edited by Woke on
  • Does menta rr5 help against melee?
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Does menta rr5 help against melee?

It helps vs. anything, melee and magic. It just negates your ability to attack the Menty.
  • Only vs targeted spells
  • Only vs targeted spells

Thats what I thought.
  • Sorry, target spells and melee
  • Agreed , mentalist rr5 should be at least on a 10 minutes timer
  • All RR5's should be on AT LEAST a 10min RU. most, if not all 5min RU rank 5's are just as powerful or more-so than 10-15m RU rank 5's of other classes. Also, some R5's on 5min RU are MORE powerful imo than other classes that have to wait 10-15.

Dumb.
  • Yes, 5 minute pet scare is OP. Please nerf.
  • puter wrote: »
    Yes, 5 minute pet scare is OP. Please nerf.

You want to nerf poor Wardens? You are cruel.
  • @BumblesZERG
    When will you nerf some alb or mid classes?
  • Kroko wrote: »
    @BumblesZERG
    When will you nerf some alb or mid classes?

I don't nerf anything first of all. I'm sorry you feel attacked by my though on a Mentalists RR5. I play Mid and Hib solely now because of Hero and how over populated Hib has become so all I fight are Hibs for the most part when I am on either Mid or Alb. And to be honest there isn't a class that is so over the top that it deserves some magical nerf. BDs/Necros/Thurg are the two most complained about Alb/Mid classes and I have found it's more the player who is playing them that makes them feel OP rather than the class itself. With an exception to the Air Thurg as anyone can spam air pets and lock you in perm stun BUT I find it more amusing for getting caught off guard than the class itself.

Still doesn't remove the Mentalists RR5 on a 5 minute timer is wrong, and I have a mentalists. It's incredibly silly that that RR5 is on such a short timer.
  • edited July 2020 PM
    @BumblesZERG I feel like your post should extend beyond the Mentalist rr5 being 5min. I really think all rr5's on a 5min RU timer is just ridiculous. another example is Mercenaries... every fight they have RR5 up, you can't fight one without it.

Abilities shouldn't just be a give-me... They should have to be used strategically because the idea is you shouldn't always have them up.

@Broadsword @John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword @Lea_Broadsword I wonder when you guys will start listening to small QoL changes and feedback in general from the community...
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • Rip wardens
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    @BumblesZERG I feel like your post should extend beyond the Mentalist rr5 being 5min. I really think all rr5's on a 5min RU timer is just ridiculous. another example is Mercenaries... every fight they have RR5 up, you can't fight one without it.

Abilities shouldn't just be a give-me... They should have to be used strategically because the idea is you shouldn't always have them up.

@Broadsword @John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword @Lea_Broadsword I wonder when you guys will start listening to small QoL changes and feedback in general from the community...

Solid points. I never played my Merc enough to realize that RR5 is also on a 5 minute rut. But I agree that RR5 and ruts should be looked at. If it is a solid RR5 it should NOT be on a 5 minute timer. It's strange how the timers are so random from one RR5 to another. But I will forever laugh at Warlocks RR5 being on a 15 minute timer...
  • Also these boards are a place to discuss ideas and changes that WE as the community think are legit or not. Posts are not an end all be all, they are a place for discussion and conversation based around a game we all play and love. I'm a big ol' nobody who just had a thought and figured I would share it here.
  • edited July 2020 PM
    warlock rr 5 is maybe one of the worst rr5's in the game and ona a 15 minute timer.
    combined with the nerfs to uninterruptible primers over the last two years and the garbage increase to warlock pbaoe delve compared to the other classes pbaoe damage coming at an extra cost to warlocks uninterruptible primers ... pbaoe on warlocks is basically dead.

but sure, according to BS, warlocks are still the best pbaoe class and savages are the OP wall climbing class.
    then why are you not seeing savages climb walls and why are you not seeing warlocks pbaoe and still kill anyone with pbaoe ?
    Post edited by Muylae on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    warlock rr 5 is maybe one of the worst rr5's in the game,
    combined with the nerfs to uninterruptible primers over the last two years and the garbage increase to warlock pbaoe delve compared to the other classes pbaoe damage coming at an extra cost to warlocks uninterruptible primers ... pbaoe on warlocks is basically dead.

but sure, according to BS, warlocks are still the best pbaoe class and savages are the OP wall climbing class.
    then why are you not seeing savages climb walls and why are you not seeing warlocks pbaoe and still kill anyone with pbaoe ?

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • How about:

Defensive: 5 min (Damage mitigating, self)
    Offensive: 10 min (Damage increasing/dealing)
    Group: 15 min (Either Defence/Offence for group)
  • How about:

I don't hate it, however I feel the rr5 system could use some adjustments and at least this solution makes sense. Like @Muylae states, warlock rr5 is pretty useless and on an extremely long (considering the 5 min RUT on strong abilities) 15 min RUT. I don't believe any of the current RR5's need to be nerfed (again, outside of cooldowns), but others simply made useful.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • How about:

I like the input BUT along this frame of thinking the Mentalists RR5 would still be on a 5 minute timer.

I also agree with @Dale_Perf, the RR5 system as a whole should be looked at and while I agree that no RR5 needs to be changed(nerfed) some just need to have the reuse timer looked at and or abilitiy updated to be somewhat relevant (Warlock,Warden,Vamp etc)

And before the boos and hisses start flooding in, yes I said the Vamp RR5. It's not a very good RR5 BUT I think it has slipped under the radar for so long given the class that it is attached to.

I like that a conversation is starting.
  • edited July 2020 PM
    I like the input BUT along this frame of thinking the Mentalists RR5 would still be on a 5 minute timer.

I was thinking more along the lines of a less random RR5 system, I dont have a problem with Mentalist RR5 as they cannot attack without it dropping.

I mean PS is 10 secs and every Sojo has that.

Post edited by Stoopiduser on