crazy action on live and next patch

Just like to say action on live is crazy at moment small solo and 8 action is mad.
Admittedly the virus has had an effect on population but also the new quests and doppels have made people get out and about.
Good job on that broadsword
I have spoken to a lot of new players coming back who are really impressed with the game at moment and really didn’t realise how much fun it was and how easy to template and get in the action again we are going in the right way.
Now in order to keep this population up we need to hear from you when the next patch is what you intend to do and how you are going to improve the gaming experience for free to play players.
Good job broadsword you get hammered a lot on these boards but credit to you for doing your job right some work on realm balance needs to be addressed but overall we are going in the right direction.

Comments

• Duel wield minstrels 2020 make daoc great again
  • Brut wrote: »
    Duel wield minstrels 2020 make daoc great again

+ 1...., right long with Stealthing Beserkers and Heavy Tank Plate wearing Enchanters!
  • Mad action? Damn. I must be in the wrong zones because I rarely see any death spam.
  • You must be m8 be pretty good for me last night was crazy
  • what 8 man action? its all zergs
  • Plenty of 8 man action eu time
  • Some infos on when the patch is coming would be cool.
    I dont expect many changes for EC though.
  • Pretty poor action PST prime-late night. Last night there was like 17 mids in NF.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Yeh like to know patch eta and roughly what to expect
  • Late Spring.
  • They need to buy more bandwidth or upgrade the server during US est zone prime time. Lag is horrid at times.
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure
  • edited April 2020 PM
    I have to agree action is flowing very well ever since Doppel patch combined with the flowers/pins/driftwood/whatever quest... Lots of areas for small/8mans to go. Keeps it spread out...

Best thing @Broadsword did was increase the RPs on Doppels for soloers. There is finally a risk/reward for solo classes, and that is staying around moy/trelle/folley and killing Doppels for RPs and getting the occasional solo fight, but the risk is there are always small/8mans running through

This was just like before the event, but now soloers can actually get some RPs while they try to find a fight since pop was/is low... makes the game seem more alive...

As far as patch goes I really hope they address SM warrior pet, Necro and their OP 2x MoC, OP rr5, their 100% disease melee proc, [not needed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Is population slightly higher during EU prime, and lower during US prime now? Feels that way due to the pandemic, more US players are on during the day leading to less at normal times.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • I see more people sitting in relic town than actively playing except for the Hibs /stuck to Hero. I guess that's mad action for EU time.
  • puter wrote: »
    I see more people sitting in relic town than actively playing except for the Hibs /stuck to Hero. I guess that's mad action for EU time.

Being present in Molv nearly 12 hours a day for the last 8 days...
    Unplayable...
    90% fully pimped lamers...
    Archers in front of PK... 3 shots... back to Res-Sickness...
    3 Steps out of PK.. the guys with the scythes... forgot the Classname... 2 Hits... Res-Sickness...
    The guys with the flames coming out of the hands...also forgot the class-name.. dito....
    And, and, and...

I personally dont care and dont have a problem... i run a 100 times if needed to reach my daily goal ...
    But for people which may have to decide about a sub or not that is a deal-breaker....

There must be a place where everybody has a chance to get a fair fight...
    Many many possibilitys, very easy to do....

Most easy way i can think of right now.... In the BGs ( create new ones ) only the Equip from the Bounty-Merchants is allowed...

@Game-Makers... please do something...

Mahv
  • Molvik has allways been full of griefers unless you wanna stay there it’s a good introduction to big boy rvr lot of duellers there unfortunetly who all have there toys up and good temps if you are gonna stay there you need to temp
  • @Mahvash
    Wear an armor. Would be a good start.
  • edited April 2020 PM
    @mahvash
    My suggestion would be to learn the game and actually get gear and you'd be surprised how much *fairer* the fights get.

Atm all you look like with your whining is somebody who doesn't even know the classes expecting others to be clueless like you in a 20 yr old game. I don't mean to be rude but how can u expect fair fights when you can't name the class your fighting.

If we dumb game down to appease the fortnite crowd, all the ppl who enjoy the game as is leave
    Post edited by Boduke on
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • @Mahvash I started in Molvik. I played there for 2+ years because I was intimidated by lvl 50 RvR. IMO there are a lot higher percentage of better players in Molvik (most could argue whiny little spoiled babies who think they are the l33t),. They like the simplicity of Molvik. When I took the jump to "big boy RvR" I was surprised at how many baddies there are out in NF. If you run solo you're probably gonna have a bad time, but hopefully you'll be learning things by dying a lot.. some people don't... ever... and they suck. but you don't suck if you are a new player, just keep trying to figure out the mechanics of the game

Molvik is a great place to learn how to play most classes. It really helped me understand all the realms classes and abilities, but bottom line is there is a LOT of things to learn about the game before you become a better-than-average player

• But ya that scythe side stile chain hitting much harder then a pbaoe to the point you omost get one shotted by it. Its a little op but its manageable at higher lvls it at the lvl that its op