Herorius is not getting any additional realm skill points (This could cause a HUGE problem for Daoc)

Comments

• Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    puter wrote: »
    I'm surprised Nate is allowed to circumvent his forum ban by buying other accounts. Good to know.

I'm surprised we can't implement RR15 into the game. Don't let this Nate guy get in your head so much.

Keep posting. This is the kind of entertainment I come here for. Though I imagine it won't take long for you to get yourself banned again. ;)

Good get that guy out of your head and stay on topic now. RR15 cannot be that difficult to implement.

RR15 is definitely easy to implement and well within Broadsword's ability to do so. It's just not a smart move from a balance stand point. If you're worried about Hero quitting, just buy his account. I'm sure you can impersonate him for a while before players catch on. Your Korean accent won't be too helpful, unfortunately. >:)

A balance standpoint ? How many RR14L1 players you think people gonna run into ? (stay on topic kid)

Why should they raise the RR cap for one player then? Sounds like you're advocating for greater RR disparity. Not sure how that will solve any population issue(s) Ywain currently faces. Maybe it's time for Hero to play a different realm. He could still get an Arms and/or Warrior to RR14 without having to change his playstyle. If the zerg action is so stale, why not revive Alb nation? Perhaps erect a new BG in Mid? There are options to improve action without increasing the RR cap.

You present options that are player driven. You can't just make a leader for Midgard or one who is smart in Albion.

Sure you can. You've done it yourself. Why not do it again? I suspect you're afraid of the Hero BG since most of the population dipped last year.

Again, your option is player driven. (focus) And does not even relate to the topic of the post. Even if you magically had legends of the past appear to lead Mid/Alb, if Hero got upset and left b/c he had nothing left to obtain..... hib population declines like Midgards did.

It's absolutely relevant. You're afraid of losing a BG leader because he refuses to play a different character in order to fulfill his desire for progression. This is only an issue because there's a lack of leadership (i.e. proactive players). A community problem cannot be solved by Broadsword. More players need to step up and other players need to support them if you want the zerg playstyle to thrive. Simply catering to one zerg leader won't help DAoC as a whole.

Why should he have to play a different character to keep progressing?

Lemme dummy this down for ya

because he hit the cap

A cap that was created many years ago (2001?) with nobody at that time thinking it would be achieved. (use your brain )

So lets increase the level cap to 60.

That's a totally different topic man.... wtf
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    I'm surprised Nate is allowed to circumvent his forum ban by buying other accounts. Good to know.

I'm surprised we can't implement RR15 into the game. Don't let this Nate guy get in your head so much.

Keep posting. This is the kind of entertainment I come here for. Though I imagine it won't take long for you to get yourself banned again. ;)

Good get that guy out of your head and stay on topic now. RR15 cannot be that difficult to implement.

RR15 is definitely easy to implement and well within Broadsword's ability to do so. It's just not a smart move from a balance stand point. If you're worried about Hero quitting, just buy his account. I'm sure you can impersonate him for a while before players catch on. Your Korean accent won't be too helpful, unfortunately. >:)

A balance standpoint ? How many RR14L1 players you think people gonna run into ? (stay on topic kid)

Why should they raise the RR cap for one player then? Sounds like you're advocating for greater RR disparity. Not sure how that will solve any population issue(s) Ywain currently faces. Maybe it's time for Hero to play a different realm. He could still get an Arms and/or Warrior to RR14 without having to change his playstyle. If the zerg action is so stale, why not revive Alb nation? Perhaps erect a new BG in Mid? There are options to improve action without increasing the RR cap.

You present options that are player driven. You can't just make a leader for Midgard or one who is smart in Albion.

Sure you can. You've done it yourself. Why not do it again? I suspect you're afraid of the Hero BG since most of the population dipped last year.

Again, your option is player driven. (focus) And does not even relate to the topic of the post. Even if you magically had legends of the past appear to lead Mid/Alb, if Hero got upset and left b/c he had nothing left to obtain..... hib population declines like Midgards did.

It's absolutely relevant. You're afraid of losing a BG leader because he refuses to play a different character in order to fulfill his desire for progression. This is only an issue because there's a lack of leadership (i.e. proactive players). A community problem cannot be solved by Broadsword. More players need to step up and other players need to support them if you want the zerg playstyle to thrive. Simply catering to one zerg leader won't help DAoC as a whole.

because he hit the cap

A cap that was created many years ago (2001?) with nobody at that time thinking it would be achieved. (use your brain )

Much more people have hit the lvl 50 cap than the rr14 cap, makes more sense if we're increasing caps. Next we're gonna have 135/135 stats
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »

because he hit the cap

Much more people have hit the lvl 50 cap than the rr14 cap, makes more sense if we're increasing caps. Next we're gonna have 135/135 stats

Makes more sense to who ? You ?
    There is no issue with the lvl 50 cap on a player. Totally different topic … not sure what you don't understand
  • You do realize then when Herorius logs off all of Albion and Midgard are able to leave their realm and go on the island /roam outside of defending their keeps. He keeps other realms hostage the entire day. Herorius quitting this game would be the best thing that could happen to daoc.

Also don’t be daft, we don’t need an even greater gap in realm ranks and unkillable heavies. Should have capped at 12.

Also, and most importantly and unfortunately- herorius will never quit daoc.
  • Let him progress by actually getting better rather than giving him more points to spend
  • xuu wrote: »
    You do realize then when Herorius logs off all of Albion and Midgard are able to leave their realm and go on the island /roam outside of defending their keeps. He keeps other realms hostage the entire day. Herorius quitting this game would be the best thing that could happen to daoc.

Also don’t be daft, we don’t need an even greater gap in realm ranks and unkillable heavies. Should have capped at 12.

Really IRC already killed all the 8 mans by "special tactics" that were recently even recorded and submitted. But nothing was done to Patar for it. You think IRC is gonna drop rams and hit keeps and leave ports open at bold for the albs to port in to defend?

NO...
  • Let him progress by actually getting better rather than giving him more points to spend

Better in what sense? I'd say he's mastered bg warfare on this game.
  • Hero sure is happy he has himself a ram bot that's for sure.
  • The easiest way to solve this is to remove climb walls from heavy tanks and give it to light tanks.

Albion:
    Mercs
    Infils
    Minstrels

Midgard:
    Savages
    Zerkers
    Shadowblades

Hibernia:
    Blademasters
    Vamps
    Nightshades

Then implement RR15

Thoughts?
  • Hero needs RR15. Make it 700 million rps.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • KatKat
    edited April 2020 PM
    Anyone who read postcount, for years, can tell this is not Huehuaehue posting.

LOL

Got an imposter here.

Just to get clarification @John_Broadsword - is it ok to avoid bans on this board by buying accts?
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Kat wrote: »

LOL

Got an imposter here.

Yeah. It's Nate.
  • only thing in this thread that interests me is.....................

what was patar recorded doing :)
  • @47el usign a crescendo charge
  • puter wrote: »

Suppose that happens, suppose he decides to head to Alb to do what/when he does things now. Instead of people complaining about Hib zerging empty keeps they will complain about Alb zerging empty keeps because where ever he goes, his people will likely follow. We just need more players to come back so the numbers even out but I'm not sure how that can be accomplished because it seems what ever BroadSword does, they miss the mark just about every time.
    I don't think adding for RR's would be an issue with people facing Herorius. Whether he's RR14Lx or RR4, you still have to deal with the 4+ groups strapped to his ass.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Kat wrote: »

LOL

Got an imposter here.

Just to get clarification @John_Broadsword - is it ok to avoid bans on this board by buying accts?

Kat I saw you made some recent youtube appearances but please stay on topic.
    Can we increase the RA progression here ?
  • Shoke wrote: »
    @47el usign a crescendo charge

damn i fell for the speedhacking eldie using his realm rank 5 lol
  • i actually support rr 15 ...
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.

• T
    47el wrote: »
    Shoke wrote: »
    @47el usign a crescendo charge

damn i fell for the speedhacking eldie using his realm rank 5 lol

Toon was a cleric and lol @ crescendo charge
  • Muylae wrote: »
    i actually support rr 15 ...

Careful Muy!
  • Remember when @Carol_Broadsword unbanned nate from postcount right when she left PC? Is she leaving DAOC now?
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • No I think she's just letting Nate get all excited he can post on a daoc forum to make the next ban more satisfying
  • Stay on topic kids
  • If they wanna goto RR15, fine. Herorius’ name makes some happy and others reviled. I think that’s why folks get off topic.
    Stay on topic kids

The intitial post was boring Nate, looking to spice this thread a little bit.
  • He amasses an unkillable blob of people and mainly PvE's in the frontiers. I honestly don't care whether he stays or leaves but adding an extra realm rank as an incentive to have him keep going is ridiculous. Truly.
  • I don't see why you care, Nate. Once you get to go back to school you will no longer have your job as Heros ram operator so your cares are all null and void.

Catering to someone who has basically caused so many to leave the game is akin to paying for hostages. You just don't do it. If he leaves and some of the mindless hibs leave with him it's not a bad thing. The game will go on, and grass will grow in places it couldn't for years and years...
  • I don't see why you care, Nate. Once you get to go back to school you will no longer have your job as Heros ram operator so your cares are all null and void.

Catering to someone who has basically caused so many to leave the game is akin to paying for hostages. You just don't do it. If he leaves and some of the mindless hibs leave with him it's not a bad thing. The game will go on, and grass will grow in places it couldn't for years and years...

I know your youtube appearance was pretty bad but don't hold that against Herorius.
  • Let this man advance his Rps and Realm Ranks. It really can't be that hard to change/fix the coding to allow him to advance towards rr15..

@John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword
    I don't see why you care, Nate. Once you get to go back to school you will no longer have your job as Heros ram operator so your cares are all null and void.

I know your youtube appearance was pretty bad but don't hold that against Herorius.

Oh, how flattering. Had no idea I was on there from months ago. It's cute that you have now called your channel the "Dark Age of Camelot Official Videos". So you buy accounts, get banned from pretty much every server you have played on, banned on forums and now are copyright infringing on YouTube? Nice. And for a professional troll you have a pretty thin skin to ban people on Twitch for simply pointing out your new found love for PvEing keeps. <3
    I don't see why you care, Nate. Once you get to go back to school you will no longer have your job as Heros ram operator so your cares are all null and void.

Oh, how flattering. Had no idea I was on there from months ago. It's cute that you have now called your channel the "Dark Age of Camelot Official Videos". So you buy accounts, get banned from pretty much every server you have played on, banned on forums and now are copyright infringing on YouTube? Nice. And for a professional troll you have a pretty thin skin to ban people on Twitch for simply pointing out your new found love for PvEing keeps. <3

No so great Merc play from bumbles... but lets stay on Topic. RR15 anyone ?
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Why do you care? You could go lead the mid BG, I've heard some relics are looking for high jacking. Try not to die to blue mobs this time though
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Shoke wrote: »
    Why do you care? You could go lead the mid BG, I've heard some relics are looking for high jacking. Try not to die to blue mobs this time though

Stay on Topic kid. RR15 Ra Progession
    Brut wrote: »
    Lol is Nate still posting I seen his new toon professional gamer ha ha very funny almost as funny as the squeaky post best post of all time when Nate was involved in the Midgard relic stealing debacle I actually kept that post and take it out in dark times allways worth a great belly laugh.
    You lost your soul natebruner your soul is in Midgard but your ego is on the cows ass no good man you need to return to your soul base it’s where you may finally find mental peace even though you will have to beg Midgard for forgiveness.
    The way of the cow Zerg is not for you my man the autistic social club is for special people who talk in funny voices
    Swallow your pride natebruner return to your home land

The only thing left in Midgard are NPC's and the guards in the keeps. Xyorman and Clumsy never figured out how to deal with ST's with SOS on INC. RIP to the DARKYI EU BG

Glad you got a perma ban nate :)
  • Can someone fill me in on the nate ban story? Far as I know it's basically just a decade long meme from my point of view. Every forum has that meme and I never know the whole story lol.

Anyway, ywain should raise the cap to rr20, who cares. There's either not a problem with everyone being high rr, or we need a new server. This middle ground wishy washy stuff bores me.
  • RR999 is fine for me.

But only if we get the possiblity to avoid these gangbangers...
    We need a Classic-Server or RR-restricted Areas.....

Mahv
  • edited April 2020 PM
    I'll be honest - I've been a guild member of Hero since I took a 9 year break from 8v8. I came back and he invited me into his guild and I have had a great time in his bg. I even joined the highest earning RP hib earning bg group (No it wasn't Hero's group). I made a lot of friends and rps along the way. I've had fun on Hibernia and I consider Hero a friend. I don't want to say anything bad about him because I truly believe he is a good person. He does what he does for fun and to make it so others have fun too (on hib). Honestly I would like if he would get a chance to hit rr15 as he does a lot for the game. I also have to believe in balance and can say that if he had chosen Alb or Mid to play on he wouldn't have half his rps. It's because Hib has so much utility packed in groups that it is an unfair advantage when attacking/defending keeps.

If you consider his group make-up he has a warden which gives him resist and bubble (allows to not be peeled easily) and celerity and heals. He also has a bard which gives him speed/sos and insta amnesia (arguably a broken ability) and group port. He also has resists on his main heal class (druid). If he were to try and build the same group on Alb he would need a cleric/friar/theur/Sorc/Minstrel (for celerity also) and then he would only be able to fill 3 tanks including himself per group instead of the 5 tanks/wall climbers he runs now. In alb he would only have two healers as opposed to three he has in Hib. I could go on for Mid but everyone should get the point. Hero has done well for playing Hib but for any other realm he wouldn't have succeeded.

The biggest discrepancy is he has is the back up of stun casters which allows him to win because Alb and Mid casters can't stay out in the open to defend when Hib can. Anyone who has played another realm can understand how stupid stun nuke is. You can even look at my videos (Hib POV) to see how castable stun shouldn't be in the game.

One day at rr5 My Mentalism Ment (Healing Spec and only single target dd's) ended with 52 deathblows on a Saturday afternoon bg run (maybe 4 hours). If that isn't considered stupid I don't know what is. This goes to show that castable stun should not be in the game.
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • JakJak
    edited April 2020 PM
    [removed]

Sad that I am so bored in quarantine, that I have come back to look at these boards to see if anything has changed. Holder of Hope!

Being naive and all, I am surprised that they still allow certain people to circumnavigate bans. Speaks volumes.

Lift the rp cap! Let him hit rr15, 16 and whatever number he wants! Heck, give him an honorary Hammer that he can bring down and smite an entire keep in one swing! That would be so much fun!! :)
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • edited April 2020 PM
    I can be down with him getting a special weapon with no thats that he can skin for literally being the first and only rr14 in the game. That would not change anything other then looks and not break the game. Could prolly do the same for anyone that hits rr14 as that will happen very rarely because he has been like the onlyone for the past 3 years(could be wrong on the time) i mean you have changed npc names and added quest for people who have past away in the past lets do something for people that are still with us i feel he has earned it and anyone who hits rr14 in the future.ps make it not tradeable.
    Post edited by Names on
  • We’ll daelin refreshing to see an honest post from a hib about hib utility something I’ve been on about for ages and constantly shot down about by hibs who are in denial about it I would just like to see that utility on alb i really don’t think that’s too much to ask then maybe hero would get the battles he says he likes a great post from you maybe the devs will come to realise that the realm balance needs tweaking I am sure hero is a nice guy and he does what he does to have fun.
    As for doing a lot for the game While I would agree he does a lot for hib he has done a lot of harm to the game in general.
    As for giving him rr15 can’t really see how that will benefit the game in fact it would possibly make it worse you would in effect have a huge Zerg with an even more powerful toon as a leader.
    You also have professional gamer on hib and he and hero combined would be an unstoppable force.
    Hero with his rr15 and the proffessional gamer with his awesome charisma personality and excellent gameplay I mean seriously the dream ticket.
  • edited April 2020 PM
    @Brut So what you want is to remove all the DPS from the sorc and replace with healing? Sounds fair.

But can you actually elaborate?

@Daelin provided a zerger point of view, which is one part of the game.

Again, if Alb wanted to succeed in siege, they would probably bring a group comp like Cleric friar heretic Minstrel pally arms arms arms. How can you kill that group, it's virtually immune to all damage.

You nerf Hib and buff Alb utility and you totally break the 8 man game. Alb is OP in 8 man. Alb is king of open field zerging when the BG isn't composed of 90% wizards. HIbs are kings of the keep sieges because of the stun/nuke.

Hero wins because his BG is very high rank with a lot of heavy tanks. I don't think the **** bard heals have anything to do with him winning.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • RR15 would be fine if multiple players were hitting the RR14 ceiling (10 per realm, imo). Right now, only Hero has reached it and Kymnsheee is close. Both Hibs. Raising the cap that only benefits one realm currently is not a good idea. If Hibs are scared to lose Hero, then it's time to step up and lead your own BG. Too many bystanders left on Ywain.
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Never said that sorc is fine at moment though to get decent dps you need a debuffer again that means a specialised group and again we go back to utility .
    I’d prefer the minstrel to have a decent castable aoe mez reduce timer to 2.5 seconds and maybe a an improvement in the melee line possibly sacrifice stealth ability’s for that maybe give minis duel wield
    Give tick decent group heal as they can template for healing unlike paladins and take static tempest of tics give it to pallys then I’d look at melee tics give them decent positional styles instead of reactionarys and actually look at reavers a class the devs have admitted they have given up on for group play and give them something that makes them viable in groups apart from being an interupt bot.
    Finally armsmen need looking at but there already is a lengthy post on that
    Easy fixes that would make the game more balanced .
    Post edited by Brut on
  • Hello Clumsy! Hard to push up a safepath with Sts huh ? :)

Hey lets implement this RR15 fairly soon ok
  • edited April 2020 PM
    xuu wrote: »

Actually, the cow himself did say he would quit immediately if BS removed climb walls from heavies.. i guess theres one way to find out.

Go forward with RR15, but remove climb walls from Heavies... +1

Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Sleepwell wrote: »

Actually, the cow himself did say he would quit immediately if BS removed climb walls from heavies.. i guess theres one way to find out.

Didn't you quit? Removing climb walls is not gonna happen.
    Lets implement RR15 soon
    Sleepwell wrote: »

Didn't you quit? Removing climb walls is not gonna happen.
    Lets implement RR15 soon

I sold to Nate, but EC accounts can still post.

Im agree'ing with you. Implement RR15, but also remove climb from Heavies. There are WAY more calls for that than RR15, so take the one you want (rr15) and chip in the one way more want (removing climb). If Herorius is adamant about hitting RR15, then he will adjust and reach that grand mark.
  • That would be an interesting test to make. I support @Sleepwell
  • Lol. That didn't take long.
  • JakJak
    edited April 2020 PM
    Awww, my post got edited and is longer in the spirit of how my post was made! For shame!

On a side note - I have a mild warning on my account from approx two years ago. It was supposed to be for 30 days...time frame seems a bit over-kill. I didn't bash anyone, just used the word petulant.

Oh well...I do hope he enjoyed the bag of (.....) tasty treats!

Edit - And what the heck! My post gets edited, but others didn't with reference to the same bag of ...! So not right! Ah well - speaks volumes again :(
    Post edited by Jak on