Animist Verdant spec line / Make the spec tank melee pet finally moveable? (especially for RVR)

edited January 2020 in General Board
Since the Verdant spec for Animist was always useless for 95% of the time in group RVR why not making the controllable spec tank pet movable to send it wherever you want to cast e.g. your AoE Bomb or blade turn buff (which is interruptable) to?

Since it's only a 225 dd (compared to regular 'bombs' (325 dd) a joke) its more like a powerfull AoE which in contrast to others require the spec pet to be close to the targets (also not being mezzed or dead) .. which is almost impossible for a static turret pet in RVR situations (other than camping at a tower)..

Since this game is mostly only around pvp .. why not giving the melee spec pet (in contrast to the caster mushrooms) the abillity to move?

The spec melee pet of verdant spec line is and always was useless in RVR (while the other two spec pets werent), since no one is going to engage the mushroom in close combat. Which means that his specialization pet is quiet unbalanced compared to the other spec line pets of aboreal and creeping path. Additionally the fire and forget spells of verdant are useless in RVR, too. because it is connected to the turret melee pet. To make the verdant spec line at least a little bit more relevant (in contrast to non existing) in PVP it is needed that the verdant spec pet has the abillity to move.. i could also imagine adding an AoE Disease, too. An AoE fire and forget disease pet spell could also add something to the verdant spec (in order that the melee tank pet can keep up with the running speed of opponents and to lower counter healing of the AoE) but maybe thats just an other topic.

So or so i'd be happy to make the useless melee spec tank pet of the verdant spec line at least moveable.

What do you think about that idea?

My2cents
Post edited by Bothka on

Comments

• animists don't need anything.... I still get mad when their ml9 pet can tank and kill any melee class in the game in 4 shots
  • Animists have a moving pet in all spec lines. Verdent has the moving tank pet and it hits like a truck with ML9. The pet that doesn't move is at level 40.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • this here is some funny **** lol hibs
  • Yeh while your at it why don’t you get this movable melee pet to get on the end of the cow melee train just imagine that a cow some firbolgs and 10000 mushrooms swinging swords on his ass yeh I think that would be very balanced I mean yeh go for it hib really needs the help.
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Animists have a moving pet in all spec lines. Verdent has the moving tank pet and it hits like a truck with ML9. The pet that doesn't move is at level 40.

Since when animists have a moving controlling pet? I just returned but well..

It would be even nice that the tank pet of verdant spec would be a moveable pet in molvik and other battlegrounds and not just for endgame pvp..
  • Brut wrote: »
    Yeh while your at it why don’t you get this movable melee pet to get on the end of the cow melee train just imagine that a cow some firbolgs and 10000 mushrooms swinging swords on his ass yeh I think that would be very balanced I mean yeh go for it hib really needs the help.

What are you even talking about? i am talking about the controllable pet of the verdant spec.. not the uncontrollable mushrooms..
  • edited January 2020 PM
    Armagedden wrote: »
    animists don't need anything.... I still get mad when their ml9 pet can tank and kill any melee class in the game in 4 shots

So like for every pet class right? Is that exclusive to animist? sorry, but thats too dumb..

I am talking about the verdant spec where the melee pet and the spec itself is useless in Molvik.
    Post edited by Bothka on
  • Bothka wrote: »
    Since when animists have a moving controlling pet? I just returned but well..

Should inform yourself. Verdant spec line has a moving pet.
  • Someone suggested that the Arb animist line be given to a random BD line. There was some outrage. Don't know enough about the BD to comment but it sounded interesting.

As far as animists, they powerful, bro.