The 16th missing Midgard class

I'm working on having one of each class on each realm and was looking to what I was going to work on next.. love my tic, mini, bard, etc

We all know Mid is missing 1 class, 1 climber but.. looking at it - I would like to hear what others think the missing 16th class "should" be.
Put some lore and theory crafting into your reply - justify it. Add race restrictions etc.

Breaking it down - based on PC:
Albion:
5 casters - Cab, Necro, Sorc, Theurg, Wiz
3 healers - Cleric, Friar, Heretic
6 melee - Arms, Mauler, Merc, Paladin, Reaver
3 stealthers - Inf, Scout, Mini

Hibernia:
5 casters - Ani, Bainshee, Eld, Ench, Ment
3 Healers - Bard, Druid, Warden
6 melee - BM, Champ, Hero, Mauler, VW, Vamp
2 stealthers - Nightshade, ranger

Midgard
4 casters - BD, RM, SM, Warlock
2 healers - healer, shaman
7 melee - Berzerker, Mauler, Savage, Thane, Valk, Warrior
2 stealthers - hunter, shadowblade

Comments

  • you left out skald:) so from a lore/balance prespective, a caster or healer class would be needed. since valkyries get great heals, then a caster would be more inline and if you are looking from a balance point of a view, then a true pet spammer would fit best. Heimdall is the god that watches for ragnarok and will sound the horn when that occurs and bi frost bridge blah blah. but its the einherjar that will aid in the battle, sort of SM lore here but something like that summoning dead Corpreal (sp?) warriors. also building on the sound theme from the horn their damage could be a sound based dd like bainshees.
  • Nightelf Mohawk
  • I disagree where thanes were put in the list. Yes they can melee but I have yet to encounter a pure melee thane. The majority of them play as casters with melee to support.

    Also, I don't feel Midgard needs another class given how much utility is packed in multiple classes that already exist, healer is a prime example of a single class filling multiple roles spread amongst multiple classes in the other two realms.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    I disagree where thanes were put in the list. Yes they can melee but I have yet to encounter a pure melee thane. The majority of them play as casters with melee to support.

    Also, I don't feel Midgard needs another class given how much utility is packed in multiple classes that already exist, healer is a prime example of a single class filling multiple roles spread amongst multiple classes in the other two realms.

    This is getting to be a tired line. Albion has its share of utility too and so does Hibernia. Just because Mid has a healer with AOE stun ffs, does not mean Mid gets everything. We won't even get into how many SW each realm can spit out in a single fight....
    Secondly, yes Mid lacks a 3rd wall climber....but that's never going to change cause Mid is the bastard child. Third, BD on paper is a caster class, but lets be honest here, their nukes and damage is subpar even to a Smite Cleric or Thane. And their pets are still garbage.
  • yeah i dont even play midgard and therefore dont play a healer, but some of you seriously have some major disdain towards then.
  • Ssavii wrote: »
    I'm working on having one of each class on each realm and was looking to what I was going to work on next.. love my tic, mini, bard, etc

    We all know Mid is missing 1 class, 1 climber but.. looking at it - I would like to hear what others think the missing 16th class "should" be.
    Put some lore and theory crafting into your reply - justify it. Add race restrictions etc.

    Breaking it down - based on PC:
    Albion:
    5 casters - Cab, Necro, Sorc, Theurg, Wiz
    3 healers - Cleric, Friar, Heretic
    6 melee - Arms, Mauler, Merc, Paladin, Reaver
    3 stealthers - Inf, Scout, Mini

    Hibernia:
    5 casters - Ani, Bainshee, Eld, Ench, Ment
    3 Healers - Bard, Druid, Warden
    6 melee - BM, Champ, Hero, Mauler, VW, Vamp
    2 stealthers - Nightshade, ranger

    Midgard
    4 casters - BD, RM, SM, Warlock
    2 healers - healer, shaman
    7 melee - Berzerker, Mauler, Savage, Thane, Valk, Warrior
    2 stealthers - hunter, shadowblade

    Alb has 5 melee you listed 5, not 6
  • Ssavii wrote: »
    I'm working on having one of each class on each realm and was looking to what I was going to work on next.. love my tic, mini, bard, etc

    We all know Mid is missing 1 class, 1 climber but.. looking at it - I would like to hear what others think the missing 16th class "should" be.
    Put some lore and theory crafting into your reply - justify it. Add race restrictions etc.

    Breaking it down - based on PC:
    Albion:
    5 casters - Cab, Necro, Sorc, Theurg, Wiz
    3 healers - Cleric, Friar, Heretic
    6 melee - Arms, Mauler, Merc, Paladin, Reaver
    3 stealthers - Inf, Scout, Mini

    Hibernia:
    5 casters - Ani, Bainshee, Eld, Ench, Ment
    3 Healers - Bard, Druid, Warden
    6 melee - BM, Champ, Hero, Mauler, VW, Vamp
    2 stealthers - Nightshade, ranger

    Midgard
    4 casters - BD, RM, SM, Warlock
    2 healers - healer, shaman
    7 melee - Berzerker, Mauler, Savage, Thane, Valk, Warrior
    2 stealthers - hunter, shadowblade

    Cooool, do charge tanks next!
  • Tanky wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    I disagree where thanes were put in the list. Yes they can melee but I have yet to encounter a pure melee thane. The majority of them play as casters with melee to support.

    Also, I don't feel Midgard needs another class given how much utility is packed in multiple classes that already exist, healer is a prime example of a single class filling multiple roles spread amongst multiple classes in the other two realms.

    This is getting to be a tired line. Albion has its share of utility too and so does Hibernia. Just because Mid has a healer with AOE stun ffs, does not mean Mid gets everything. We won't even get into how many SW each realm can spit out in a single fight....
    Secondly, yes Mid lacks a 3rd wall climber....but that's never going to change cause Mid is the bastard child. Third, BD on paper is a caster class, but lets be honest here, their nukes and damage is subpar even to a Smite Cleric or Thane. And their pets are still garbage.

    This has nothing to do with healers having aoe stun, this has to do with healers being a very strong class because it fills the primary roles several other classes would on other realms. I can see why it would be tiring but that doesn't change the fact that it's true. My point is that Midgard may be short one class because it has so much packed into several classes. If you want to have a serious discussion about adding another class to Midgard then guess what, all facts are fair game in that discussion and I don't feel simply ignoring the truth because it's inconvenient for the argument makes for a balanced conversation.
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Mid needs another caster... one with a fire and forget type pet.... they have the least pet classes and no f&f
  • kedelin wrote: »
    Mid needs another caster... one with a fire and forget type pet.... they have the least pet classes and no f&f

    Agreed, but not another caster...just do this to BD. That class is otherwise garbage right now. Mid could certainly use a pet spammer class.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    I disagree where thanes were put in the list. Yes they can melee but I have yet to encounter a pure melee thane. The majority of them play as casters with melee to support.

    Also, I don't feel Midgard needs another class given how much utility is packed in multiple classes that already exist, healer is a prime example of a single class filling multiple roles spread amongst multiple classes in the other two realms.

    This is getting to be a tired line. Albion has its share of utility too and so does Hibernia. Just because Mid has a healer with AOE stun ffs, does not mean Mid gets everything. We won't even get into how many SW each realm can spit out in a single fight....
    Secondly, yes Mid lacks a 3rd wall climber....but that's never going to change cause Mid is the bastard child. Third, BD on paper is a caster class, but lets be honest here, their nukes and damage is subpar even to a Smite Cleric or Thane. And their pets are still garbage.

    This has nothing to do with healers having aoe stun, this has to do with healers being a very strong class because it fills the primary roles several other classes would on other realms. I can see why it would be tiring but that doesn't change the fact that it's true. My point is that Midgard may be short one class because it has so much packed into several classes. If you want to have a serious discussion about adding another class to Midgard then guess what, all facts are fair game in that discussion and I don't feel simply ignoring the truth because it's inconvenient for the argument makes for a balanced conversation.

    yes, but you're only argument over why Mid is lacking is due to one class with toys. Since you're from Alb judging by your signature...What class on Mid has Plate armor (and we ARE the tank realm afterall)? 3rd climb wall ability? A pure caster that can't be interrupted unless NS or melee (tic). A pet spammer class that can shut down a full group on it's own. I can go on and on. Just because Healers get many abilities does not mean anything when Alb has TONS of abilities themselves. Mid is short on MANY things. Charge tanks isn't one of them LOL (I know you were going there).
  • Tanky wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    I disagree where thanes were put in the list. Yes they can melee but I have yet to encounter a pure melee thane. The majority of them play as casters with melee to support.

    Also, I don't feel Midgard needs another class given how much utility is packed in multiple classes that already exist, healer is a prime example of a single class filling multiple roles spread amongst multiple classes in the other two realms.

    This is getting to be a tired line. Albion has its share of utility too and so does Hibernia. Just because Mid has a healer with AOE stun ffs, does not mean Mid gets everything. We won't even get into how many SW each realm can spit out in a single fight....
    Secondly, yes Mid lacks a 3rd wall climber....but that's never going to change cause Mid is the bastard child. Third, BD on paper is a caster class, but lets be honest here, their nukes and damage is subpar even to a Smite Cleric or Thane. And their pets are still garbage.

    This has nothing to do with healers having aoe stun, this has to do with healers being a very strong class because it fills the primary roles several other classes would on other realms. I can see why it would be tiring but that doesn't change the fact that it's true. My point is that Midgard may be short one class because it has so much packed into several classes. If you want to have a serious discussion about adding another class to Midgard then guess what, all facts are fair game in that discussion and I don't feel simply ignoring the truth because it's inconvenient for the argument makes for a balanced conversation.

    yes, but you're only argument over why Mid is lacking is due to one class with toys. Since you're from Alb judging by your signature...What class on Mid has Plate armor (and we ARE the tank realm afterall)? 3rd climb wall ability? A pure caster that can't be interrupted unless NS or melee (tic). A pet spammer class that can shut down a full group on it's own. I can go on and on. Just because Healers get many abilities does not mean anything when Alb has TONS of abilities themselves. Mid is short on MANY things. Charge tanks isn't one of them LOL (I know you were going there).

    Don't confuse variety with utility. How about we split the healer in two and give you guys another class?
    ~Westies
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Tanky wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with healers having aoe stun, this has to do with healers being a very strong class because it fills the primary roles several other classes would on other realms. I can see why it would be tiring but that doesn't change the fact that it's true. My point is that Midgard may be short one class because it has so much packed into several classes. If you want to have a serious discussion about adding another class to Midgard then guess what, all facts are fair game in that discussion and I don't feel simply ignoring the truth because it's inconvenient for the argument makes for a balanced conversation.

    yes, but you're only argument over why Mid is lacking is due to one class with toys. Since you're from Alb judging by your signature...What class on Mid has Plate armor (and we ARE the tank realm afterall)? 3rd climb wall ability? A pure caster that can't be interrupted unless NS or melee (tic). A pet spammer class that can shut down a full group on it's own. I can go on and on. Just because Healers get many abilities does not mean anything when Alb has TONS of abilities themselves. Mid is short on MANY things. Charge tanks isn't one of them LOL (I know you were going there).

    Please tell me where Broadsword has said that realms are to mirror each other? I mean are we really going down the path of listing all the ways realms are different with each other? I mean, you list what Alb has that Mid doesn't but don't list what Mid has that Alb doesn't so let's not pretend that your method of attempting to prove your point isn't completely unbalanced. I have yet to see you actually refute my point, all you've engaged in is whataboutism.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
    RR12 Stormlord Wizard
    RR12 Warlord Cleric
    RR12 Warlord Minstrel
    RR12 Warlord Necromancer
    RR12 Perfector Heretic
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Please tell me where Broadsword has said that realms are to mirror each other?

    this is the most important point you got there. Daoc is NOT about having 3 realms that mirror each other, if it was, it would have been dead long ago. Every realm has its strength and weaknesses and ways to work around them / use them as an advantage.



    Daoc Moderator


    Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<

    Your Thread was closed to early? Feel free to PM me !
  • Have to agree with @Sovereign on this one. You do realize that Alb and Hib could do the same right? All 3 realms could go through and make a post about how they are lacking what the other 2 realms have. What does Alb/Hib have that compares to Warlock? Does any Alb/Hib assassin have access to 2h damage? These are just a couple of quick things that come up, but in reality this is a non-issue.
  • It's the same mindset that completely negated any of the real aspects of Horde/Alliance in WoW. Horde Paladin? Sure! Elves for everyone? Sure! Nobody gets to be special anymore, because everyone is special.

    It's easier to balance, but less flavorful, less fun. At least in my opinion.
  • Give Midgard another stealther, make it a stealther with CC that can perf and has the old warlock chambers.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Have to agree with @Sovereign on this one. You do realize that Alb and Hib could do the same right? All 3 realms could go through and make a post about how they are lacking what the other 2 realms have. What does Alb/Hib have that compares to Warlock? Does any Alb/Hib assassin have access to 2h damage? These are just a couple of quick things that come up, but in reality this is a non-issue.

    what about warlocks ? we've been nerfed to hell and back years ago (granted warlocks were silly op when they came in to the game, original warlocks needed nerfing and they got nerfed and i agree to the nerfs about 5 or so years ago) and again last summer, i still rage about last summers nerfs.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    RonELuvv wrote: »
    Have to agree with @Sovereign on this one. You do realize that Alb and Hib could do the same right? All 3 realms could go through and make a post about how they are lacking what the other 2 realms have. What does Alb/Hib have that compares to Warlock? Does any Alb/Hib assassin have access to 2h damage? These are just a couple of quick things that come up, but in reality this is a non-issue.

    what about warlocks ? we've been nerfed to hell and back years ago (granted warlocks were silly op when they came in to the game, original warlocks needed nerfing and they got nerfed and i agree to the nerfs about 5 or so years ago) and again last summer, i still rage about last summers nerfs.

    I believe they should revert the changes to warlocks and put their pbae spell on a primary and call it a day. They would be fixed then. They would still be the most powerful pbae class in the game with their toolkit.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Edited
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • Muylae wrote: »
    RonELuvv wrote: »
    Have to agree with @Sovereign on this one. You do realize that Alb and Hib could do the same right? All 3 realms could go through and make a post about how they are lacking what the other 2 realms have. What does Alb/Hib have that compares to Warlock? Does any Alb/Hib assassin have access to 2h damage? These are just a couple of quick things that come up, but in reality this is a non-issue.

    what about warlocks ? we've been nerfed to hell and back years ago (granted warlocks were silly op when they came in to the game, original warlocks needed nerfing and they got nerfed and i agree to the nerfs about 5 or so years ago) and again last summer, i still rage about last summers nerfs.

    I think you are missing the point of my post.... It wasn't that warlocks are great or anything along those lines. It was simply to point out that all 3 realms have access to things that the other 2 realms don't. Also, warlocks are still powerful in the right hands.
Sign In or Register to comment.