[Rollings Pins] Such a flop compared to Turkey Legs...

This quest pales in comparison to the turkey legs, that, much to Broadsword's chagrin, really sparked some nice RVR action outside of EV and the Herorius zerg.

The Rollings Pins require you play "Where's Waldo?" to find the dumb quest NPC, because putting it next to the Frontier Portal Stone was way too good of an idea. Now you have to find it hidden behind the Rubble quest at the Cargomaster at Bled/Crau/Beno docks for some unknown reason. And you better hope you're not on during EU prime time because you'll most likely not be able to port to your coastal keep.

If you actually manage to find/make your way to the quest NPC, you better not have any friends because you need to collect SEVEN pins, instead of only three legs. It's fine - just disregard the fact only 8-9 pins spawn... because Broadsword did! :)

I actually re-upped this month to participate in the Rolling Pins quest because I had so much fun RVRing around the Thanksgiving event.

Guess I will need to resort to killing the Hib stealthers during US prime time that use spy bots at safe port because apparently it's 2003 again.

Cool~.

Comments

• Working as intended.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Working as intended.

Now it's definitely 2003. xD
  • Couldn't agree more, even if the idea was to get more action you added 12 (and more if you count getting to the quest without port) hot spots to the game further splitting the action. Which makes the game look even more dead. Oh and the reward is kind of low compared to other options.. a few bp, no xp, no rp. I normally do bp quests if it's 100% dead or I'm getting champ levels on new toon, with 0 xp this only helps a bit for scrolls or templates.. though a rr1 could get more from kills then this at times.
  • Can't have everybody getting RR 14, can we.
  • edited December 2019 PM
    Reward isn’t low it gives you 5,000-14,000 BPS a turn in depending on your RR/Buggane buff and Keeps owned.

If picking up 7 items is too hard then don’t do it lol...

I honestly think OP is low key trolling or potentially low skilled and/or in King’s gear template.
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • So riddle me this...if the pins are such a great quest, why are the areas empty and the smallmans are back to rolling the solo areas?
    I roam both it’s usually hit or miss at both.
    No one but stealthers will even try pins during prime-times.

If the solo areas died out completely that wouldn’t hurt my feelings either tbh.
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Reward isn’t low it gives you 5,000-14,000 BPS a turn in depending on your RR/Buggane buff and Keeps owned.

If picking up 7 items is too hard then don’t do it lol...

I honestly think OP is low key trolling or potentially low skilled and/or in King’s gear template.

Yeah, totally - I am the one trolling.

You've completely misinterpreted the entire point of my post. I am not doing the Rolling Pin quest and surely I do not need Bounty Points.

I am 'trying' killing people doing the quests and fighting other people trying to do the same. Like during the Turkey Leg event. Though, due to every point I made in my original post, people have zero desire/interest to participate.

You may be clinically illiterate if you think for one second I was trying to implying picking up seven items is "hard" or that the reward was lackluster.
  • Kat wrote: »
    So riddle me this...if the pins are such a great quest, why are the areas empty and the smallmans are back to rolling the solo areas?

+1

Kat, no one can riddle you that. Fatboi tried by changing the entire meaning of my post and still failed.
  • Its a bust because you have to goto bled, DC,Beno dock then you have to go to the rolling pins way down by the coast. The docks are farmed so know one gets the quest. All they had to do was like the legs get it from the festival quest givers then peeps just leave out of Nged and such . Then the action moves from the dock master to the quest site. Easy peasy..

• Novoal7 wrote: »
    I am 'trying' killing people doing the quests and fighting other people trying to do the same. Like during the Turkey Leg event. Though, due to every point I made in my original post, people have zero desire/interest to participate.

I logged into the game walked out to the Midgard Pins and Bled dox boom instant action.
    #tryharder
  • they seem to spawn slow :)
    Just putting this quest at the Festival Steward would probably get more people doing it. OP is right, no Mids/Albs get to do this quest very fast thanks to no Bled/Beno port over the overpopulated hib BG. Not nearly as busy as turkey legs, which I thought was one of the *main points* for bringing these quests in, to create action in other places.
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Pins are a bust. Everyone knows. Everyone’s spoken. 0 ppl think it is a success. Broadsword has heard. Broadsword has clearly decided to completely ignore what 99.99 % of their patrons think. Very interactive.

Really doesn’t affect me and my play style as I’m on the island, setting up 8v8s or farming zergs at keeps. But still, think it’s worth echoing how frikin mind boggling this is.
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Novoal7 wrote: »

I logged into the game walked out to the Midgard Pins and Bled dox boom instant action.
    #tryharder

As much as he is almost a grade A troll - Please re-read the/his first post, you are argueing and invalid point.

These 2 quests aren't even comparable in terms of the amount of action it produced around the clock.
    Post edited by tald on
  • Pins are generating some action but nothing near the level the legs did. It may have had something to due with it being closer to EC's release or the extra running for the pis.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
    Was the same way last year not nearly as popular.
    Albion has the worst pins, because they are very spread out and hard to see due to the color of the ground.
    Hib has the easiest (not surprised) with the most number of pins to pickup. At least Mid has a pretty steep hillside so you can ambush people or duck over the edge if you get attacked.

Just a note another reason why easy BPS might not be “as busy” is the population dips this time of year. A lot of people are doing IRL activities and logging in less or not at all.
  • merry christmas :)
  • Maybe my imagination, but spawn seems shorter
    Albion has the worst pins, because they are very spread out and hard to see due to the color of the ground.
    Hib has the easiest (not surprised) with the most number of pins to pickup. At least Mid has a pretty steep hillside so you can ambush people or duck over the edge if you get attacked.

Just a note another reason why easy BPS might not be “as busy” is the population dips this time of year. A lot of people are doing IRL activities and logging in less or not at all.

What do you get from nonsensically defending these quests?
    Novoal7 wrote: »

What do you get from nonsensically defending these quests?

Nothing just offering a counter POV. My experience is vastly different then yours in game, yet also valid.
    Is it their fault the pins quest isn't as popular?
    - Nope

Is it their fault you aren't getting "as much action" as a result of the quest?
    - Nope

Is the quest any different then last years?
    - Nope

Will the vocal minority still whine?
    - Yup
  • That's the point. Last year they did the exact same thing and look where we are at now haha.

And they are and should be the ones making design choices to "help" the game. If one of my managers let their employees do a thing that lost us a ton of money I would fire the manager and do nothing to the employees (bs is the one in charge, we have responsibility for our account only). So it is 100% their fault there is no action.
  • rocketait wrote: »
    That's the point. Last year they did the exact same thing and look where we are at now haha.

And they are and should be the ones making design choices to "help" the game. If one of my managers let their employees do a thing that lost us a ton of money I would fire the manager and do nothing to the employees (bs is the one in charge, we have responsibility for our account only). So it is 100% their fault there is no action.

It's been steady pins action the entire time of US primetime...
    rocketait wrote: »
    That's the point. Last year they did the exact same thing and look where we are at now haha.

Define steady.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    rocketait wrote: »

Define steady.

Hib stealther zerg + heal bot sitting on albion pins at 1 a.m. - CST (Hib stealth legends flunkies)
  • You know the game is alive when you define action as having a stealth zerg camping the spot...
  • Yup. Sounds like there's still mad action at pins. I'll just ignore that I only found 3 players in an hour at or near pins but finished my solo daily in a matter of minutes on EV.
    Nothing just offering a counter POV. My experience is vastly different then yours in game, yet also valid.
    Is it their fault the pins quest isn't as popular?
    - Nope

Is it their fault you aren't getting "as much action" as a result of the quest?
    - Nope

Now we know you're just trolling this thread.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Yup. Sounds like there's still mad action at pins. I'll just ignore that I only found 3 players in an hour at or near pins but finished my solo daily in a matter of minutes on EV.

Wow such a terrible comparison. The "action" is sporadic at best and as time goes on it will dwindle down to nothing just like last year. We get it you went to EV and killed someone nice #humblebragg

GL
    Yup. Sounds like there's still mad action at pins. I'll just ignore that I only found 3 players in an hour at or near pins but finished my solo daily in a matter of minutes on EV.

Wow such a terrible comparison. The "action" is sporadic at best and as time goes on it will dwindle down to nothing just like last year. We get it you went to EV and killed someone nice #humblebragg

GL

I only speak truth. Legs were better. Game had more people last year too. Enjoy the mad action. I hear it's everywhere, especially when you close your eyes.
  • I think we have discovered the problem. Phatboi has become a boiled frog.

boil-the-frog.jpg

• Haha, haven't we all kat. I know if they made all the last 3 years of changes in one patch I would quit and say this is not Daoc anymore... But when they slowly brake my hopes, ruin classes and play styles, and drive the pop away slow enough that I can't tell there are less on unless I compared to last month.. I guess it doesn't seem "that" bad. Wow, so the action and the game is probably even worse then it feels!!! Nooo

GL

I only speak truth. Legs were better. Game had more people last year too. Enjoy the mad action. I hear it's everywhere, especially when you close your eyes.

I'm not the one complaining. If you read what Carol posted she said that this is different on purpose because it's online for one month.
    I can understand your frustration at not being smart enough to find action in the current Meta, much like @Kat.

GL
  • KatKat
    edited December 2019 PM

GL

I'm not the one complaining. If you read what Carol posted she said that this is different on purpose because it's online for one month.
    I can understand your frustration at not being smart enough to find action in the current Meta, much like @Kat.

GL

That is unnecessarily rude. Like NO ONE agrees with you.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Kat wrote: »

GL

GL

Agreed but the question is with whom...
    Post edited by Dreamscape on
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Fateboi is reaching Nate levels of trolling. I think I made it clear I found action, just not at pins. That said, the action still isn't as good as it was a year ago. That's a problem. Feels good to be unsubbed. Don't feel like I'm donating to a bad charity anymore.
    Fateboi is reaching Nate levels of trolling. I think I made it clear I found action, just not at pins. That said, the action still isn't as good as it was a year ago. That's a problem. Feels good to be unsubbed. Don't feel like I'm donating to a bad charity anymore.

Then stop posting here with negativity about it mr unsub >:)
  • One of our god given rights in this country it to remind people that we think they're doing a bad job. Its the only reason twitter and politics exist.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Fateboi is reaching Nate levels of trolling. I think I made it clear I found action, just not at pins. That said, the action still isn't as good as it was a year ago. That's a problem. Feels good to be unsubbed. Don't feel like I'm donating to a bad charity anymore.

Then stop posting here with negativity about it mr unsub >:)

Nah. I'll just make them regret allowing EC users to post. >:)
  • Kat wrote: »

GL

GL

Just a joke geez =\