Guild Buffs & Banners

Idea/Goal: Help players be more guild/community oriented.

Issue: Current guild missions give pretty useless rewards. Rewards 4,000 guild realm points, 100 guild bounty points, and a 24 hour buff to all guild members for 2% bonus to magic damage/heals and melee damage.
All guild members receive the 2% bonus regardless of if they were in the guild or online at the time the mission was completed.

Nobody really cares about guild realm points and bounty points since they give nothing in return to the player. 2% boost is interesting but meh.

Let's wipe all guilds current merit points and bounty points.

Additional Guild Buffs (Max of 3, 12 hours each)
-Perma realm speed out of combat in all non-RvR zones.
-15% Guild siege speed buff.

Banner Suggestions
-Remove all current banner buffs.
-New banners offer 5/10/15% RP/BP bonus to all guild members near the banner. Bonus dependent on rank of guild member who has summoned banner. Rank 0 - 15% rp buff. Rank 1/2 - 10% rp/bp buff. Rank 3-5 5% RP buff.
-6 hour timer if you lose your banner.
-1,000 RP's to all players in the group when picking up an enemy banner.

"...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
"the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
send a message with your wallet

Comments

• I'd prefer to keep my guild BP, just need something to spend em on
    qebk2fr7urnc.png
  • Ya the main problem is there is nothing to spend them on. I would be happy if yhere was
  • Hastners and siege duh
  • Names wrote: »
    Ya the main problem is there is nothing to spend them on. I would be happy if yhere was

Right, but everybody currently has unlimited guild bounty points ATM, so putting anything new in with the currency would have to be stupid expensive and then slowly brought down in price.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Names wrote: »
    Ya the main problem is there is nothing to spend them on. I would be happy if yhere was

Right, but everybody currently has unlimited guild bounty points ATM, so putting anything new in with the currency would have to be stupid expensive and then slowly brought down in price.

"They" would probably Cap the guild BPS at 500,000 (smh).
  • edited November 2019 PM
    Considering the merit point system was added on top of Guild RPs and BPs leads me to believe it was easier to add another point system than using an existing point system for a new feature. It used to be that Guild BPs were required for upgrading and maintaining keeps. The cost was high enough that most guilds never leveled a keep to 10. Additionally, you could pay rent with Guild BPs. Neither of these features are currently implemented. Guild RPs were always useless except for bragging rights on the old herald.

I would love it if they changed the cool down timer on the guild banner such that it could be summoned again in 10-30 minutes after being captured. Add a 1K RP / BP reward to the group for capturing a banner. These changes may incentivize players to use them more often (which is currently rare) and would make the guild missions meaningful since it costs Guild BPs to summon a banner.

Edit: I would remove the Guild RP reward and increase the Guild BP reward for Guild Missions to compensate for the increase in purchasing banners.

Edit 2: Remove class restrictions on which banner type gets summoned. Treat summoning banners like Guild Buffs. /gc summon melee for example to summon the banner for increased melee resists.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    I would love it if they changed the cool down timer on the guild banner such that it could be summoned again in 10-30 minutes after being captured.

At a higher cost though IMO, scaling up after each re-summon.