Crauch, Beno and Bledmeer: time to make them normal keeps again?

I think we need them back and i would also like to see 3 towers for those keeps. For the rest of the realm i would like 4. That includes the towers in the mazes.

Thoughts?

Comments

• +1 from me.

I think the tower count is fine for the rest but I'm all for bumping up DC, Beno, and Bled to three.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • I acknowledge that stealthers like/want broken keeps - it is annoying as hell to have the merchant keeps broken. If we have to have broken keeps maybe just offer up one of the coastal keeps and keep that crap away from keeps that matter.
  • Im all for fixing these keeps.

• Totally agree maze towers are sorely missed great places for small forces to hold off greater numbers would also like old towers back big thumbs up from me to revert back to standard nf configuration
  • I am all for fixing them, with the implementation of Trellebourg, Folley, Moydruim it defeated the purpose of ruined keeps and made the potential action quite lackluster. Even they aren't used much anymore and everyone just uses EV anyways.

I stand defeated as a once pro ruined keeps. I am sorry for my sins I now see my wrong doings and wish to fight and bring these keeps to their former glory.

The Jarl Of Benowyc wants his throne back.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Proud benowych the once mighty fortress ,reduced to a shadow of its former self.
    The gateway to Albion a ruin filled with craven invaders and creatures of the night.

A keep betrayed by those that should know better left to decay and crumble.
    How in gods name my brothers in Albion have we allowed this sacrilege
    Restore The guardian of the causeway return albions pride ,once more let us gaze upon the shining walls with banners flying high restore albions soul so say I Brut Macduff grandmaster of the holy order of beausant the last of albions Templar knights.
  • Finally someone with a brain in this board. I am all for fixing the keeps please.
  • Fix them, bring back the old "coast guard"
  • Já restore what once was! Enough of the kneeling and bowing to the girly few who cried for this change and then fled the game. We, the proud vikingar of Miðgarðr, shall then send our relentless hordes of invaders and buxom shield-maidens to breach your rebuilt keeps.
    On we sweep with threshing oar..............valhalla we are coming!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Founder/GM of Ásatrúar, guild of Miðgarðr
    In defense of the Original Spirit of Daoc
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    True to Miðgarðr c.2001
    daocutils.com/chimp/jlfrthjo
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Yes, restore them!!
  • 100% against it. Often times the only spot to get non zerg action plus it helps that they are super easy to take to change the way tower ports work.
  • KoeKoe
    edited October 2019 PM
    So FG of stealths can just keep their heal bots in a safe keep/tower and never venture out? No thanks. Sounds like a great way to ruin action. (Currently if you try that on EV your bot will likely be killed within 10-20 minutes by a FG taking the tower).

There needs to be an appearance of safety but a way to bring enemies together for fights. The old way, you'd have a real safety net so many stealth groups would never leave their keep/dock/bridge area. The way things are, it's always a risk to port to the merchant keep, but it's also very convenient. Those players who would prefer to park a bot or even active healer in a stealth group find it harder to do so, and so venture out and create action. It's also a great way for 8mans to cut porting to the EV towers for a realm, so the constant taking of merchant keeps/EV towers really creates action and opportunities for all play styles.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • @John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword

thoughts on this?

Solo towns are the equivalent of ruined keeps. Make the frontier great again!
  • edited October 2019 PM
    EV tower ports should just be removed if the MKs are restored. I'm for removing EV altogether and bringing back Agramon but that's unlikely to happen. Should reintroduce Buggane stripping for grouped players in the solo zones. I have no idea why that was removed to begin with.

Edit: better yet, strip all RP bonuses when in the solo zone while grouped (battlefield potions included).

Edit2: even better, remove all kill credit in solo zones when grouped. =O
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • WHILE your at it why dont you give kill credit to the toon who did the most damage and not to the toon with the death blow :)
  • 47el wrote: »
    WHILE your at it why dont you give kill credit to the toon who did the most damage and not to the toon with the death blow :)

I actually like how it is. You already get compensated with RPS for doing the most damage. This way there's a chance for even the less set groups to get death blows. Doing more damage you still have more of a chance for that deathblow, and it gives those music classes something to do, right?
  • I think we need them back and i would also like to see 3 towers for those keeps. For the rest of the realm i would like 4. That includes the towers in the mazes.

Thoughts?

Not really since they are open it's another place that you can actually find action as a solo visible. The traffic at the "solo areas" is way down why close them back up?
  • No.

When they arent ruined, the coastguaring is so terrible, like 1-2 fg hiding in the keep only comming out when someone dares attack one of the baiters, its almost as bad as stealth zerging to me, and ruins the game almost the same, and tbh i cant even imagine these coastguarders having any real fun either. Seems the same as tower camping on EV ish.

So keep em ruined imo, i think they could start to get really fun with EC comming, and having some trafic there, for all playstyles.

I dont even see what playstyles the normal keeps are good for.
  • If you bring them back wouldn't that make the solo towns better?
  • I dont see how it would make the solo towns better.

But my main focus is to not have everyone start coastguarding again, damn it was so terrible last time they were fixed. And it naturally stopped the day they were ruined again. I really liked that.

Im not even writing this from a solo perspective, im doing some smallman now, but theres no benefit for any playstyle as i see it, from coastguarding. And it really brings out bad playstyle from people who might not even are wanting to do it, but just does cos everyone else does it. And with ec comming the coastguard would be more terrible than ever.
  • COASTGUARD 2020!!!!
  • edited October 2019 PM
    I think the point is to give “solos” as many options as possible. If you close off the ruined keep thus forcing them back into the “solo areas” it’s a net loss. Also agree with the coast guarding comment.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • edited October 2019 PM
    Many moons ago there was zero solo towns or ruined areas and people still played solo. The ruined towns are made primarily for players to solo and port quickly. That is all that player base (which includes me) needs. Soloing had never been easy and it shouldn't be.
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on