What would you do to increase Population?

2»

Comments

• progression server with current expansions, with option to transfer characters to ywain

then 2

Try older patch,(not SI/OF, but dragon or whichever patch had the most people playing the game.
    gather feedback, rotate to different patch if the community wants to try different meta
  • Most people playing the game was shortly after ToA released. It's been going down since :neutral: .
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • also i see people complain about the quests being in one zone

the size of NF and current population doesnt make sense spreading action even further, its beneficial for action having it centeret for now as it is, if there was another 500 people playing the game during peak hours sure, but not as it stands. the most i see in the bgs are 40-70 people, and theres mostly only 2 zergs online at a time, you want to spread those people into NF and have boring **** siege wars with hero turtling inside a keep, and ana playing a full caster BG not able to invade and just play tug of war?.
  • @Yems

Well to be honest I think the action is just irrecuperable at the moment. The only playable format is zerg. If you don't like zerging, then you have the option of playing with your friends and doing drafts with other like minded individuals, or just play something else.

All action on EV is "fine" because, like you said, if it's all over the map then we go back to roaming the wind for 90% of a playing session. If we keep all the action on EV, then it's the zerg and jam fest that is happening now.

There are no perfect solutions that will solve all issues.

I suppose we wait for Endless Conquest and hope for the best, but at the moment DAoC is dead, the population is just too low it's saddening to watch.
  • Focusing the action to EV makes sense when you see what Hero and the mindless drones do every day. He very predictable and will leave a Keep if there is a significant defense because he doesn’t want to get rolled publicly.

Despite the public facade of “swapping for action” IRC swaps and side cars the Zerg (Rescu) almost daily.

This isn’t for action since they don’t care, it’s so that they can avoid the Zerg and jam any other roaming groups. @xuu @Patar
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Focusing the action to EV makes sense when you see what Hero and the mindless drones do every day. He very predictable and will leave a Keep if there is a significant defense because he doesn’t want to get rolled publicly.

Despite the public facade of “swapping for action” IRC swaps and side cars the Zerg (Rescu) almost daily.

This isn’t for action since they don’t care, it’s so that they can avoid the Zerg and jam any other roaming groups. @xuu @Patar

whats your problem with IRC sidecaring a zerg? you realise the only reason they do this is because 8 people cant beat 50+ on the same time right?, the irc/8man groups side caring any zerg is the result of no groups being out trying to 8v8.

And i get that its hard to form a group of 8 people, and its a way easier to just join the BG and get an invite the second you log in.

• edited October 2019 PM
    Maybe its because irc kill all 8 man group who come back and people leaving or joining zerg to avoid them , action was way better when irc has left the game
    Post edited by Hellblast on
  • edited October 2019 PM
    Yems wrote: »
    you realise the only reason they do this is because 8 people cant beat 50+ on the same time right?, the irc/8man groups side caring any zerg is the result of no groups being out trying to 8v8.

This is the stated reason by some other realm-hopping groups. I haven't seen IRC say that, by the way, just a couple different groups and it makes sense to a degree.

But those same groups say they don't want to be stuck in the only realm that has anything out.

Danged if they do, danged if they don't.
    Post edited by Buffsteria on