Realm Timers

2»

Comments

  • Kat wrote: »
    Excellent idea...lock paying customers out of 2/3 of the game. Bravo. Not sure how they keep coming up with such brilliant suggestions - def ranks right up there with OW and Curse campaigns. Good job . /clap
    You answered your own question:
    55.13% - Yes I want realm timers.

    People have been asking for it, a majority segment wants it.
  • Stop being so dramatic because you aren’t locked out geezus. @Kat
    You can still PVE and also swap realms with a wait.
    I literally watched a set 8 man of traditionally Hibs swap multiple times (into Mid) during a Keep siege. When siege was over guess what they went back into their Hibs.
    This was this past weekend btw.

    GL
  • They already need to run a trial. Can always roll it back.

    I don't get the drama, trigger on RP.

    I get the feeling that the 8 man player based gonna whine. But for me too long that have had broadswords ear.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    Does that mean you could go around the timer by doing /rp off?

    Think it also stated it triggered on RP earned or from a kill but I can't remember.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • @Fateboi but you are locked out of 2/3 of this game for how ever many min they decide on. when you have an average of under 300 people playing at a particular time that's a problem.

  • Kat wrote: »
    [edited]

    Well I'm still here even though they nerfed the Hunter RR5 which was crucial to survival of an entire, popular playstyle: Solo snipe hunter. I feel I should at least voice, as a representative sampling of all Hunters on Mid, the concern we have over this. The Hunter RR5 should return to being as before as the current one is only used by half the Hunter population in this game. Many left due to this change.
    The real timer people are not going to leave the game because even 12 hour realm timers wouldn't be as bad as it was for hunters to lose their RR5. Please BS, change it back. Thank you!
  • I get t because I also play other realms. I also agree that the population has dipped significantly. That being said they can roll it out and see how it effects Live.
  • edited September 4 PM
    Yeah try it and lose more accounts. That would be a smart thing to do. Then you will have less people to fight. I know a few people that will cancel.

    But my queation has neverr been answered. If you get RPs from doppelganger will that activate timer as well?
    Post edited by Minibard on
  • KatKat
    edited September 4 PM
    Buffsteria wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    [edited]

    Well I'm still here even though they nerfed the Hunter RR5 which was crucial to survival of an entire, popular playstyle: Solo snipe hunter. I feel I should at least voice, as a representative sampling of all Hunters on Mid, the concern we have over this. The Hunter RR5 should return to being as before as the current one is only used by half the Hunter population in this game. Many left due to this change.
    The real timer people are not going to leave the game because even 12 hour realm timers wouldn't be as bad as it was for hunters to lose their RR5. Please BS, change it back. Thank you!

    Keep carrying the torch!! Don't give up.....maybe your voice will be heard!

    :smile:
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Would have preferred a Loyalty Buff.....guess we’ll find out.
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    Would have preferred a Loyalty Buff.....guess we’ll find out.

    same
  • Well since doppels award rps...

    You can choose to kill doppels or not.

    Also those that cancel because they can’t on the spot realm swap won’t be missed. #changemymind
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Also those that cancel because they can’t on the spot realm swap won’t be missed. #changemymind

    I don't understand that logic.

    Game has like 150 active players in US prime. Players main concern is the lack of pop. BS is preparing to go ahead with a change that won't bring back a single player but has the potential to have players leave. Player says "idgaf that players leave".

    I know realm timers will arrive at the same time as EC, so the loss of players won't be felt at first. Once 90% of the EC player leave (which will happen), I don't think you'll end up with a winning outcome.

    I may be wrong, my 2 cents.
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Well since doppels award rps...

    You can choose to kill doppels or not.

    Also those that cancel because they can’t on the spot realm swap won’t be missed. #changemymind

    or get agro doing boxes/rubble..

    you are right, i alone prob would not be missed. but if enough quit, population will miss us.

  • The thing I don't understand is why put them in now? The servers have been clustered for what? 10 years? The population is dwindling, why add another thing that will push people away?

    I'd like to know the reality of people realm hopping and the impact. I saw a couple of people claim they know groups are switching realms but the people who are complaining the most about it seem to be people zerging, and honestly I don't feel like they know what they're talking about. It feels like an excuse because they died to greater numbers.

    I'm not sure if Braodsword has a way to truly even track this, but the only people I notice hopping are typically the players who use IRC to get action moving and they swap as action ebbs and flows - which seems fine to me.

    I play all three realms and sometimes do the same. I typically solo but if by some miracle I catch an old guildie online and they send me a message via Facebook I'll switch realms.

    Realm loyalty, to me, died with the clusters. When the opportunities came to play a different realm and experience more from the game, I took it and that's honestly why I still play it - I can switch things up when I need to. The big thing that a lot of you who are commenting that "30 minutes isn't a big deal" and the like, is that the game is worth my $15 a month because I play all three realms. I've dedicated the time to level and suit up multiple characters and I want to be able to play whatever I want, whenever I want. Sure, 30 minutes isn't that big of deal - maybe if they imposed that when realm hopping became possible 10 years ago.

    TLDR: Players who play all three realms find the value in paying $15 a month because they play all three realms. Imposing a timer pushes those players away from an already dwindling player base.
  • Thanks Respen. My true realm loyalty died when Bors(Alb), Morgan Lefay(Mid), and Kay(Hib) died. I was Hib loyal for the 2+ years since I cam back in 2016. Met some very nice people on Alb so I play there also. When I play on either realm that’s the realm I play for that night, I don’t switch. Like I said earlier, would have liked to have seen a realm loyalty buff or reward. Curious if it would have made a difference.
  • @respen well said. A lot better than i ever could
  • Shoke wrote: »
    I know realm timers will arrive at the same time as EC, so the loss of players won't be felt at first. Once 90% of the EC player leave (which will happen), I don't think you'll end up with a winning outcome.

    They're conditional realm timers. It's not like it used to be, where you logged in and it was like "Oh no! I logged in the wrong realm by accident! Now I'm stuck there for the rest of the day!" Those days are gone.

    I'm more interested in why you believe EC players would leave. I think most will choose to stay! They have nothing to lose.
  • @Buffsteria what I think is that while EC will bring some players back in the game, this spike in pop will last approximately 4-5 months, then 90% of these players from EC will leave.

    People that like to play daoc and this version of daoc are already playing it. EC is for people that have been out of the game for a very long time, most of them will find a game that is old, has bugs, a huge pve grind (remember EC accounts will actually have to do the pve to get gear) and won't be invited in any rvr group aside from zerg groups because of the buffing rule and no supremacy pot.

    They won't be able to duo, solo, smallman, 8v8. They will be stuck to zerging after having done the 274747282 pve steps required from their gear.

    And when they do join Rescu zerg, they will.get farmed 24/7 like they have been this last week by lesser numbers.

    In my mind, people that love daoc play it. If they don't money is not a valid reason.

    So that is why I think that not putting another constraint on players at this point is a bad idea because it won't be a reason for a single sub back, will not lead zergers to quit and will just be a pain in the ass for players that luke to play different realms in the same evening.
  • I believe the way they are setting it up EC is set to fail. Juat give a free month. That way they take a week to temp and 3 weeks to rvr
  • Honesty they need to stop some of the groups flip flopping realms 3-6 times every few hours.
  • KoeKoe
    edited September 9 PM
    I voted no timers, but it's not so black and white.

    Right now, a large portion of the action is defending vs the Hero zerg (both EU and US/weekend)...assuming its not one of several days Anna defends. You get some more set 8mans putting up resistance, as well as the people who will show up on alb/mid to defend.

    Put in realm timers, and you won't get as many defenders. 8 mans won't shift realms to defend as often. I don't know if the game would sustain a hero zerg without adequate defenders for long. Most people leave if there is no defense- it's just not worth it. (zero rps, plenty of deaths).

    I suggest that any talk of realm timers be put off until such time as endless conquest is in and pop is back up to elevated levels. (or maybe start with free accounts can only play on one realm and can only get to r6-7ish)
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Population wants realm timers for a few reason which have been highlighted. For example the realm swapping when attacking relics. People who are realm swapping either to add into or fight the Zergs.

    30 mins is a fair amount of time to wait...

    The relic argument is a straw man.

    Hib has had the alb power for what, 2 weeks? Most fights are just keep related, and swapping is done mostly to create action, again, right. now. A year ago it was a larger issue (and resulted in many failed attempts at taking stuff). Now? It mostly creates action and you aren't losing players as an organized zerg trying to take stuff.
  • edited September 10 PM
    Respen wrote: »
    Realm loyalty, to me, died with the clusters.

    This isn't some romantic notion of realm pride or allegiance.

    What is happening is aggressive players see, let's just say, Jennypala on Alb with a group running. So they can instantly swap realms, form a counter setup (questionable if needed), and destroy the group with the foreknowledge of where they are running and their class combination. This feeds their sense of dominance, superiority and their feeling of entitlement that they should "teach other players a lesson" or instantly swap realms because "people aren't playing how they ought to" or they "are killing action". So what happens? People get addicted to the dopamine, the swelling in their chests and the adrenaline from beating 'bads' (or players breaking their unwritten rules or code of conduct).

    No one is swapping realms to lose fights. No one is swapping realms to balance population. They're doing it solely for their own gratification and gaining it at the expense of others. The no-realm-timer dynamic has created an exploitative culture. And any encroachment on this is insulting to the players , or 8 mans (or whatever, they're all affectations) who feel fully entitled to rage-swap realms to express their dominance.
    Post edited by Mctana on
  • @Mctana you sound angry. I suppose you were talking about euro prime. I can only talk about us prime, but there are zero (as in none) groups that do that. Most groups have 1-2 streamers so it's not like stream sniping was impossible.

    Your assumption that no one swaps realms to balance action is partly false (maybe some swap to get advantage, but I'd say they are a minority)

    In US prime there is only 1 group that will swap a lot and that is the Xuu group. Some other groups might swap but it is generally when they realize that there are too many groups running in the realm they have selected for that night. I know most 8 mans on US prime won't swap (fifty shades, beer goggles when they run 8) and others will stay on a realm for most of the night unless action is really bad (creaper group).

    Some groups are realm loyal, others enjoy the freedom to swap when they realize that they will only roam the wind if they stay. Not everybody is like Rescu and enjoy roaming for nothing for 4 hrs killing smallmans.

    You seem to generalize and put all groups in the same basket of opportunistic RP hungry asshats. I think that description might fit 1 group in the entire game atm if you really are mad about swapping.

    It's like if we said that all zerg players are garbage and that realm loyal players are loyal just because they are so bad players that they can't play anything else than their R13 zerging character. We know that is not true so why picture roaming groups as players desperate for Epeen glory?
  • I think McTana nailed it.
  • Yes I want realm timers. 55.81%
  • Realm timers ain't gonna do diddly dilly dilly. Games hurtin
  • Wtf is Mild next to my signature this is profiling I'm calling my lawyer lol
  • edited September 11 PM
    meh
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • KoeKoe
    edited September 13 PM
    A joke in the forest of Midgard I see.
    Post edited by Koe on
Sign In or Register to comment.