Realm Timers

Out of curiosity what is the general consensus of realm timers. Are you for or against them. This is for paid subscriptions.
  1. Are you For or Against realm timers for paid subscriptions?87 votes
    1. Yes I want realm timers.
      56.32%
    2. No I don't want realm timers.
      43.68%
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • edited August 22 PM
    Inb4modded

    ItS yOuR nEtWoRk
    Post edited by Twozero on
  • Game bashing
  • edited August 22 PM
    null
    Mod abuse


    Edit: quoting doesnt work on mobile.
    @beibhinn - heres something you might can fix.
    Post edited by Twozero on
  • It'll work if you set the page as Desktop site.
  • edited August 22 PM
    Picture!
    Post edited by Twozero on
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    It'll work if you set the page as Desktop site.

    Correct however a simple fix if they realize the forum skins arent loading in mobile hence the issue.
  • The track record speaks for itself. At least there are work arounds.
  • This poll is fine but please don't derail threads, we've asked this before. Also remember the bashing rule. This is not postcount.

    The quote thing and a likes feature are on the list of changes in the works for the forums, item search/temp maker are priority for now, though.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • only 10 votes and already a 7/10 no ratio is soothing for my soul
  • Even if the poll comes out 250:50 against:for theyre still going to abruptly make decisions how they see fit. Active player communities should be polled frequently about potential changes to the game they sub for. Potential and non active player opinions should be taken lessar than those actively playing. Better polling should be advertised.
  • edited August 22 PM
    i am still for ingame pop-up polls or when logging in or so. easy, everyone sees it, and it's easy as heck to implement.
    oh yeah and of course some other solution than simply putting a lock on content you pay for just because you log onto another realm.
    Post edited by Baconpancake on
  • I must have missed the bashing thing.
    There are so many plans in the works that I don't know how everything will work out in the end.
    But I do want Realm Timers because without something to separate the Realms, the game itself has no point whatsoever. I mean, think of a match between the SA Springboks and the NZ AB then suddenly some of the players switch sides. Who are they playing for? Who do you root for? Why do you bother watching? And how would you feel, as a Springboks player who is also a fan?
  • I personally am all for the realm timer . It’ll prevent me from having toon ADd
  • only 10 votes and already a 7/10 no ratio is soothing for my soul
    only 10 votes and already a 7/10 no ratio is soothing for my soul

    Seems to have evened out
  • I voted yes.

    Will having multiple accounts allow the user to circumvent the realm timers? @Carol_Broadsword

    Da ant familyDa fly familyDa spider family
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • Polling data. Gotta love it. Ask the experts about that back in 2016. lol
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    I voted yes.

    Will having multiple accounts allow the user to circumvent the realm timers? @Carol_Broadsword

    Yes, luckily it will circumvent it. easy fix for a faulty system locking you out of parts of the game you pay fully for monthly.
  • Hopefully this poll highlights the fact that realm timers aren't a clear GO for the paying population and that they will revise their plan to come up with a solution that solves the zergs issues (zerg swapping) while still allowing people to play what they want without ruining their gaming session.

    We're not all 15 year old kids without jobs...
  • Population wants realm timers for a few reason which have been highlighted. For example the realm swapping when attacking relics. People who are realm swapping either to add into or fight the Zergs.

    30 mins is a fair amount of time to wait...
  • Population wants? I see a pretty even 50/50 split
  • Shoke wrote: »
    Population wants? I see a pretty even 50/50 split

    You see a 50/50 split on a forum. It is a small sample size. It's the same as interviewing a small town of what they think of their country and basing it off of that. We don't have Broadswords numbers from their official poll.
  • realm timers is stupid and shouldn't do it . 3 statue winner has spoken
  • There's literally no difference between the two, aside from one matching your vote and one not.
  • But this poll seems more accurate. The other poll was hidden in a grab bag that i never read
  • edited August 25 PM
    Daelin wrote: »
    Shoke wrote: »
    Population wants? I see a pretty even 50/50 split

    You see a 50/50 split on a forum. It is a small sample size. It's the same as interviewing a small town of what they think of their country and basing it off of that. We don't have Broadswords numbers from their official poll.

    have you seen the poll results from Broadsword? For all I know the majority is unfavorable to the realm timers, but they don't give a damn and still go ahead with the change forcing it down our throats to please the obvious minority. I asked for the results in discord so we can have the confirmation that they aren't lieing to us, they won't show them.

    It's just ironic how in every letter @John_Broadsword writes he talks about transparency, but when he does a poll on realm timers there isn't a way for them to actually show the results.

    It's a relatively sample size, but based on current pop 60 votes is roughly 30% of the whole player base.

    You will not gain an extra sub from implementing realm timers, aside from Solic who will rage quit 2 weeks after he resubs.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • thank you for doing this. let the players speak. and if it even is 50/50. then maybe BS should go with no timers since 50% will be pissed and the other 50% get the game we have been playing for the IDK how many years.....
  • edited August 26 PM
    People only 'protest' against things, so you see people disproportionately having fits who do not want the change. This is the same for the discord feed, which is just people protesting against a change which they feel causes them disadvantage. And they desperately want to hang onto their advantage, fair or not. They might as well be modern day slave owners, defending the indefensible, because they want to hold onto their niche sense of superiority and legitimately believe other human's are put on earth for their sole entertainment.

    They also think if they shout loud enough, they will win the "DAoC Popularity Contest" and get invites to groups who realm hop to maximum advantage. They probably only surround themselves with people they universally agree with on game philosophy, so cannot even grasp why this is a necessary change.

    I would say in game it's about 75%/25% in favour of some form of realm timer, which differing opinions on duration of course. I would probably also guess less than 1% of the player base comes to these forums or actually reads the discord.

    I personally side with any change which benefits the bulk of subscription holders, as they're the ones keeping the servers going financially - not the dudes with the superiority complex who play the game (and realm hop) to "teach bads a lesson" or with the "Don't they know who I AM?" mindsets. Let the sociopaths get bored by this change and go polish skulls or taxidermy or flex in mirrors , or whatever the hell they do with their spare time.
    Post edited by Mctana on
  • I voted, and it was fun. No timers.
  • Shoke wrote: »

    It's a relatively sample size, but based on current pop 60 votes is roughly 30% of the whole player base.

    lol, wut ? you think the complete player base is like 200 people when at times there are more than 100 people online in one realm that has a population bonus ? you think that at any given time there is actually more than 20 % of all people with an active subscription online at the same time ? i would be very surprised if the actual number of active players (and i say players, not subs) is below 2000.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • edited August 26 PM
    Mctana wrote: »
    People only 'protest' against things, so you see people disproportionately having fits who do not want the change. This is the same for the discord feed, which is just people protesting against a change which they feel causes them disadvantage. And they desperately want to hang onto their advantage, fair or not. They might as well be modern day slave owners, defending the indefensible, because they want to hold onto their niche sense of superiority and legitimately believe other human's are put on earth for their sole entertainment.

    They also think if they shout loud enough, they will win the "DAoC Popularity Contest" and get invites to groups who realm hop to maximum advantage. They probably only surround themselves with people they universally agree with on game philosophy, so cannot even grasp why this is a necessary change.

    I would say in game it's about 75%/25% in favour of some form of realm timer, which differing opinions on duration of course. I would probably also guess less than 1% of the player base comes to these forums or actually reads the discord.

    I personally side with any change which benefits the bulk of subscription holders, as they're the ones keeping the servers going financially - not the dudes with the superiority complex who play the game (and realm hop) to "teach bads a lesson" or with the "Don't they know who I AM?" mindsets. Let the sociopaths get bored by this change and go polish skulls or taxidermy or flex in mirrors , or whatever the hell they do with their spare time.

    Was that a real argument? Starting off with comparing people against realm timers to slave owners? Really?

    How is your view on the matter more relevant than mine? You probably hang out with the same kind of people, so normally your views will be similar. If I did the same, I'd say 100% of the people I play with are against realm timers, my % is higher than yours so I win, right?

    It's not about being elitist or anything, it is about having the freedom to do what I want in a game I pay a subscription to. A good example, last night US primer Hibs had a bonus. We run around the island and guess what, there were only hib groups out. So we swapped at the end of the evening to balance things out and fight some hibs (there were no mids or albs out, they were all at Glen).

    How is swapping realm an advantage to a select few, when everybody has the possibility of playing various realms in the same evening? How does one group benefit from realm swapping, aside from generating more action to everybody playing?

    How is having one group swap to the underpopulated realm to fight a zerg a disadvantage to anyone? Zerg actually fights something (instead of PvEing keep doors and gets to complete their quests), everybody gets to have fun fighting in RvR. The zerg usually wins by the way, so not sure what they lose in that deal.

    The thing that irritates me the most in this debate is that the players against the change have generally offered solutions and alternatives, while the "pros" resort to insults and just don't provide anything other than the "I'm the screaming majority" argument.

    By the way, the only sociopaths in this game are the stealth zergers aka @Keltorius ;)
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Shoke wrote: »

    It's a relatively sample size, but based on current pop 60 votes is roughly 30% of the whole player base.

    lol, wut ? you think the complete player base is like 200 people when at times there are more than 100 people online in one realm that has a population bonus ? you think that at any given time there is actually more than 20 % of all people with an active subscription online at the same time ? i would be very surprised if the actual number of active players (and i say players, not subs) is below 2000.

    You know that moment when sarcasm flies right over your head.
  • WOW!!! Me and not Nexxron this time!! I’m feeling somewhat loved?
  • I play Alb stealth on mondays and tuesdays btw! lol
  • Hmmm...maybe I AM sociopathic!!! Muahaha!!!
  • @Shoke zergs want timers so they can take empty keeps without fights
  • So BS went with realm timers based on the majority vote. 30 minutes is not the end of the world I play mid and alb but I usually chose a realm for the night and stick with it I do understand why the 8 mans jump for the rps bonus but the true problem is the zerg hoppers. Plus a lot of players do not even come to the forums so if BS based their decision based on the forums then that's not fair to the rest of the player base.
    Badgor NS
    Macwynne Hero
    Diavoll Warrior
    Demonn Shadowblade
  • Badgor wrote: »
    So BS went with realm timers based on the majority vote. 30 minutes is not the end of the world I play mid and alb but I usually chose a realm for the night and stick with it I do understand why the 8 mans jump for the rps bonus but the true problem is the zerg hoppers. Plus a lot of players do not even come to the forums so if BS based their decision based on the forums then that's not fair to the rest of the player base.

    vs012dvboihy.png

    TL;DR it looks like they are taking the data from various sources.
  • well it looks 50/50 from subscribers on these forums instead of anyone from a grab bag. that many didnt know about until told aboiut it
  • Vocal minority yet again
  • Minibard wrote: »
    well it looks 50/50 from subscribers on these forums instead of anyone from a grab bag. that many didnt know about until told aboiut it

    The grab bag link was a follow up reminder link from the poll which was first announced in our June newsletter (which has thousands of subscribers) (here) and has been posted to social media, forums, discord, brought up ingame in region chat and bg's (by us), and so forth.

    The grab bag link was not the only link or announcement of the poll.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Minibard wrote: »
    well it looks 50/50 from subscribers on these forums instead of anyone from a grab bag. that many didnt know about until told aboiut it

    The grab bag link was a follow up reminder link from the poll which was first announced in our June newsletter (which has thousands of subscribers) (here) and has been posted to social media, forums, discord, brought up ingame in region chat and bg's (by us), and so forth.

    The grab bag link was not the only link or announcement of the poll.

    What were the results? I didn't see them posted.

    Too bad thousands don't actually play
    :s
  • It's a 30 min timer based on RP as a trigger. I don't see an issue with this.
  • People mock realm loyalty , if daoc can build community from the ground up the daoc stands a chance.
  • I voted, well aware of that what i think do not matter.
    Timers is Bad, mkay
  • xuu wrote: »
    Too bad thousands don't actually play
    :s

    If they implement 12 hour realm timers, maybe thousands will play, because realm hopping nihilists take away the community feel of DAoC.
    12 Hour Realm Timers now.

    For the Realm!
  • so if they implement realm timers. I kill a doppelganger, I get RPS. now i cant switch realms for x amount of time. correct? Because earned RPS. :(
  • KatKat
    edited September 3 PM
    [edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • Minibard wrote: »
    so if they implement realm timers. I kill a doppelganger, I get RPS. now i cant switch realms for x amount of time. correct? Because earned RPS. :(

    sounds like you need to /rpoff.

  • Does that mean you could go around the timer by doing /rp off?
Sign In or Register to comment.