Friday Grab Bag - 05/24/2019

Welcome to this week's Grab Bag! As we're heading into the end of the month our May newsletter will be hitting your inboxes soon, so make sure you've signed up!

As always, thanks everyone for your questions, keep 'em coming! You can send in any game related questions you have for our DAoC Devs through our Grab Bag submission form. Please note this is for game mechanic questions. Feedback/ideas/suggestions should be sent in through our feedback form.

What can cure snare?
It happened to me several times where I snare an opponent, but it seems that there is something that cures snare (beside of purge or sos).
The spell effect looked like they use "draught of omni-heal".

Yes, there are 3 classes that each have a casted “root/snare cure” ability:

Shaman – Level 16 Cave Magic specialization:
Escape Hold – 10s cast – 1500 range – 300s Reuse Timer – Single-targeted cure of root and snare effects.
Cleric – Level 13 Smiting specialization:
Blessing of Movement – 10s cast – 1500 range – 300s Reuse Timer – Single-targeted cure of root and snare effects.
Druid – Level 13 Nature Affinity specialization:
Free Wind – 10s cast – 1500 range – 300s Reuse Timer – Single-targeted cure of root and snare effects.

For a long time charmed pets take a portion of rps gained from kills and solo credit, are there any plans to change this?
No, there are currently no plans to change how realm points or solo kill credits are awarded.

Would it be possible to get some of the old trophies from the roundtables added in some way? Maybe the bp merchant? There was a gargoyle, marble table, and a playing card wall decoration from the Las Vegas and Virginia roundtables.
If we do decide to make these trophies available again, we would do so in a way that maintains their rarity.

We’re not quite convinced that selling them for bounty points (or possibly even Mithril) would achieve that, but would love to hear some more feedback on this!

On Alb, does the Goblin-forged Bracer of Speed (2 style dmg, 2 melee speed, 20 hits, 13 Quick) still drop in Tepok's Mine? If not, in which dungeon? If so, off which mob? I've killed every named/unnamed mob in there, too many times to count, and I've never seen it drop (and I've spent WEEKS trying).
Yes, the bracer is still dropped off of the mob named Savant as well as normal mobs like the goblins, goblin shaman, and skates in Tepok’s Mine.

Don’t forget that our Item DB includes information on where each item is dropped or obtained from! Please note that an advanced text editor program is required to view the JSON file (we prefer Notepad+, which is free to download).

Are there any plans to bring a classic server back or at least one without ToA?
Yes! Once Endless Conquest has launched we’d like to introduce some alternate ruleset “progression” servers.

The first of those will be a “Classic” + Shrouded Isles + Housing server that will only progress to newer content if its player-base votes to do so.

Depending on how that server goes, we’d love to be able to introduce various other alternative ruleset servers.

That's it for this week. Don't forget about the RvR bonuses and I hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!
DAoC German Community Admin
Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 2019 PM
    Would it be possible to get some of the old trophies from the roundtables added in some way? Maybe the bp merchant? There was a gargoyle, marble table, and a playing card wall decoration from the Las Vegas and Virginia roundtables.
    If we do decide to make these trophies available again, we would do so in a way that maintains their rarity.

We’re not quite convinced that selling them for bounty points (or possibly even Mithril) would achieve that, but would love to hear some more feedback on this!

Sir/Ma'am,
    Respectfully requesting that you move the DAOC Cash Shop (Mith) into 2K19. Consider for example that Path of Exile (POE) has a very extensive shop with alot of Housing (Hideout) items that they have created to sell to me. On average I spend 30-50$ per season (lasting 2-4months) buying things there, and yes some pretty items for my House (Hideout).
    This would require an artist with a bit of imagination. I'm sure you could easily get free feedback on what items people would be interested in to purchase for their house. Anyhow @John_Broadsword something to consider.

GL

https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase
    https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/hideout-decorations

Post edited by Fateboi on