Enemies Disappearing - Exploit?

I've had a few(maybe 3) non-stealth class enemies completely vanish in the middle of 1v1 fights in the past 24 hours. All three of them turned in the middle of the fight, started to run away and then completely disappeared. It wasn't like the lag expoit, where they ghost for a moment before reappearing in another position. They were completely gone. Is this a new exploit? Or a bug?
CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR

Comments

• edited May 2019 PM
    Reports of disappearing toons on EV and massive lags spikes ever since the “hot fix”

Troubleshooting 101 is to look at most recent patch. It wasn’t broke before and now it’s an issue....
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Sounds like the blast off thing Defies used to do or clutch vanish perhaps.
    Did they just disappear during the fight or did they disengage, run, then disappear?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Sounds like the blast off thing Defies used to do or clutch vanish perhaps.
    Did they just disappear during the fight or did they disengage, run, then disappear?

Disengaged, ran, and disappeared. They were still within Skald dd range. I should also note this was not on EV. It was around Beno and Folley Lake.
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • They could be being overshadowed,
  • Creaper wrote: »
    They could be being overshadowed,

I can't log in without getting overshadowed =(
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • It's these kinds of posts that make me think that we really need a wall of shame to expose cheaters.

Right now, it seems like people don't thrust BS to enforce cheating, so everytime something strange happens, the first thought is "that guy must be cheating".

I'm not saying it wasn't the case here, but it's not really good for the game when a lot of people belie e cheating is rampant in the game.
  • Creaper wrote: »
    They could be being overshadowed,

Doubtful. It doesn’t last very long.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • My duo gets overshadowed nightly by dumb hib grps roaming around ev hunting small mans since no one else is running a group
  • edited May 2019 PM
    There is a chance it could be overshadow, honestly I think it's just the servers atm. I have seen numerous people disappear during fights. People have been talking about bad lag since the last patch and characters tend to blip out of view and usually end up floating in the air. Next time it happens scan the sky to see if you find them.
    Post edited by Impounded on
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Reports of disappearing toons on EV and massive lags spikes ever since the “hot fix”

Troubleshooting 101 is to look at most recent patch. It wasn’t broke before and now it’s an issue....

exactly;) it's since these hot fixes, alot of us have been experiencing issues=/ somethin to do with game.dll ( isn't this the same thing which caused similar issues before?;)
    <3Baby;)
    Baby-Friar
    Babe-Reaver
    Babys-Warden
    Babydoll-Shaman
  • Homefry did this a couple of nights ago several times. It was only when we were on him (our duo vs their duo and trio and different times in the night)... Normally, I'm quick to blame it on my boat anchor of a computer or server lag....but it was suspiciously every time we were assisting on him that he would disappear then reappear with a bit of range to nuke us with. It was only him that it was happening to and only when we gained an upper hand in the fight.

Not ready to make a full on accusation..but eyebrows were raised.
  • What did his duo/trio consist of because that does sound like overshadow.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • He had two skalds with him. (One koby and one troll)