Reverting to old archery system

edited April 5 in General Board
How hard would this be to do?

Get rid of spell pierce and the fact that archery is magic damage. Get rid of all the shots and make it so if you want dot procs you use galvnornes. Snare? Remorseless. Legendary damage? Leggie bows!

All i want is a few shots (std, rapid,long shotc crit and volley) a quiver and arrows.

It was so simple and way more appealing than the new system. Make archery great again!
Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on

Comments

  • old point blank and 9 sec slam :)
  • 47el wrote: »
    old point blank and 9 sec slam :)

    i want to go back to the original archery system. the one that if you were higher on a wall you shot farther.
  • THANK YOU!!! I miss the old days when my scout got FULL Slam. Elevation bonus was also nice. Don’t even mind carrying all those arrows. Crit Shot was better also
  • An arrow is NOT a spell. It is an ACTUAL projectile not conjured up.
  • edited April 5 PM
    [edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • Hear, hear!!!

    The changes made to archery over the last few years are not good. I also want Ranger Desperate Bowman back.

    But sorry - no full slam for Scouts. That change pre-dates the archery makeover.
  • No Desperate Bowman without full Slam. lol
  • And I PLAY a Ranger
  • OK, well then my Champ gets full slam too. :)
  • Ok... I will think of a counter to that but too tired atm
  • Nah it’s in the past for a reason. Old Archery system is outdated, slow, and inferior to what is Live.
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Nah it’s in the past for a reason. Old Archery system is outdated, slow, and inferior to what is Live.

    the new system blows. The older system without all the specials shots was decent. They made the game so everyone uses the same bow and everyone archery is magic and is capped at 52 bow. The only reason the new archery system is needed on live is because they buffed every class out of the ass so you almost need the new system. the more i play the old system the more i hate that i shoot spells on live. its a joke
  • http://camelot.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=9050

    The new archery system was introduced over 10 years ago. Mythic wanted archers to actually spec in Archery since the old system didn't merit any bonus for high Archery specs. While the old system may work for private DAoC, I strongly doubt it'll work on Live. /shrug
  • The old system sucked, the new one does as well. I would like to see a mixture of the two. Use standard, crit, rapid fire, volley, use actual arrows, switch bows for effects. One button shooting, no draw then shoot. Maybe different arrows for different effects, after all it's the arrow that hits you the bow just launches it. So poison arrow, bolo arrow, legendary arrows. Just a thought.
  • didnt archers also have pd in those days ----
  • Yes but that was a RA if I remember correctly, and not every bow class had it I think.
  • i do miss the old archery spamming PB etc, and i miss old rapid fire... from RANGE.. not cone at small range... was the best thing to rupt those dirty casters.. and old stealth system as well where you had to spec into MoS to see sneaks not have Assasins rapidly appear infront of an archer and hit u before u even get a shot off, or have archers sit/camp till ur 2400 meters away and shoot u out of stealth LOL...
  • I made a killing with old rapid fire with range elevation bonus at early Molvik prior to the change
  • edited April 5 PM
    @Sepphiroth75 in general I agree that fighting vs. the new archery system is terrible and the shots make zero sense in the Lore. Old archery people used to abuse the double crit



    https://i.imgur.com/UcrThU9.png
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • I miss Ayuko
  • 47el wrote: »
    didnt archers also have pd in those days ----

    No we are getting eras confused here. Archers had PD in the original archery system (like 10+ years ago). PD was taken away and the "new" archery system created. Which was perfect imo. Then the BS archery system was introduced. I was shocked when I re-subbed last summer to find I had remedy and PB and power shot were on cool downs.
  • @stewbeedoo wasn’t perfect you could spam PB for like 6-700ish hence why it changed.
  • stewbeedoo wrote: »
    47el wrote: »
    didnt archers also have pd in those days ----

    No we are getting eras confused here. Archers had PD in the original archery system (like 10+ years ago). PD was taken away and the "new" archery system created. Which was perfect imo. Then the BS archery system was introduced. I was shocked when I re-subbed last summer to find I had remedy and PB and power shot were on cool downs.

    i feel so old lol
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    @stewbeedoo wasn’t perfect you could spam PB for like 6-700ish hence why it changed.

    PB was like that for years. If that was the core issue they could have just changed PB, rather than the drastic overhaul. Anyway, if you think the changes were needed - we can agree to disagree.
  • Pb was not the issue, they felt that people wanted a change in archers all together. The PB was fine, it was never 600-7 dps maybe in a blue moon you’d get a great crit on a caster w/out abs buff or some random kings gear nub with no template...

    Loved being able to knock my own arrows, choose when to release said arrow. The whole having to time a shot depending on what cast speed it was changed the archers across the board. We were given some caster/archer type spells, and given timers on higher damage shots. Completely changed the way archers were ment to be in this game. Then when it changed we were stuck fumbling around with the new meta of archers, then they nerfed every r5 on them till most didn’t even want to play one.

    At this point I wouldn’t care if they changed it back or left it, but keeping the archers the way they are now keeps me away from playing mine.

    GL
  • Snaillyn wrote: »
    Pb was not the issue, they felt that people wanted a change in archers all together. The PB was fine, it was never 600-7 dps maybe in a blue moon you’d get a great crit on a caster w/out abs buff or some random kings gear nub with no template...

    Loved being able to knock my own arrows, choose when to release said arrow. The whole having to time a shot depending on what cast speed it was changed the archers across the board. We were given some caster/archer type spells, and given timers on higher damage shots. Completely changed the way archers were ment to be in this game. Then when it changed we were stuck fumbling around with the new meta of archers, then they nerfed every r5 on them till most didn’t even want to play one.

    At this point I wouldn’t care if they changed it back or left it, but keeping the archers the way they are now keeps me away from playing mine.

    GL

    Agreed. The ability to nock an arrow and then cycle between targets was more realistic. I'm enjoying it... ;)
  • No. Devs have other things to worry about.

    Da ant familyDa fly familyDa spider family
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • edited April 13 PM
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    No. Devs have other things to worry about.

    Yep! They do have other things to worry about like hib euro primetime with 110 Hibs on when it used to be 400-500 but lets keep adding masks to the game and revamp catacombs but then again i would be shocked if Broadsword reverted back to any old systems. It would not be very BS like. Even when i asked for years to revert CS from called shots (giant failure) back to the old style chains with abs debuffs. What do they do? Bring back abs debuffs but make every style different. When BS screws up they always never revert back to how it was..its always different. For example look at ML10 pet procing weapons. they put in Pet stances (horrible idea) and these classes were using pet weapons with pet stances. it was crazy bso they nerf ml10 wepaons which were unchanged mostly since TOA. then they axe pet stances but low and behold..ml10 weapons still have essence damage.
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
Sign In or Register to comment.