A New Mask, Valentine's Day Event, and RvR Bonuses

Love is in the air as we celebrate the return of our Valentine's Day event and celebrate President's Day weekend with some RvR bonuses! <3

This event will run from Wednesday, February 13th through Tuesday, February 19th.

Mithril Shop

• Eye Mask helm patterns are now for sale on the Mithril Merchant found in each realm’s capital city.

Event Quests

• A Matter of the Heart: This quest will give players of all realms the chance find the imp, Russel, located mainland side of Castle Sauvage/Druim Ligen/Svasud Faste. He's ready to offer some interesting tasks from the local imp's union in return for a Lawn Cupid trophy, experience and coin. Don't forget to speak to Lady Payne and earn your ROG Valentine's Ring or Bracer too!
  • Keeping Company: This quest will be offered to characters level 45 and above and will have a unique challenge for players in Albion, Midgard and Hibernia. As a reward, players will receive a Tiny Compatriot Crate, experience and coin. Visit Lailen in Jordheim, Pondar Cully in Camelot, and Harris MacCullogh in Tir na Nog to start the quest.
  • Valentine's Traditions: These quests will offer three old style quests which were part of the original Dark Age of Camelot Valentine's Day content. Players will be able to complete the quest up to eight times, which is based on the number of times the original quest has been issued online. Players will be rewarded with a Hearts Cloak, Heart-Shaped Box, experience and coin. Visit Rumdor in Mag Mell, Hrolf in Mularn, or Sir Prescott in Camelot Hills to start the quest.

Bonuses

In honor of Valentine's day and President's Day weekend, the following bonuses are active for the duration of the event as well!

• On Ywain:
    • 25% bonus to RPs from kills (a total of 50% will display on your /bonuses window)
  • On Gaheris:
    • 50% bonus to normal XP gain in all classic zones and dungeons.
    • 50% bonus to normal RP gain in the capital cities.
  • In each Capital City:
    • 40% Bonus to Crafting Speed
    • 20% Bonus to Crafting Skill Gain
  • In all Housing Zones:
    • 20% Bonus to Crafting Speed
    • 10% Bonus to Crafting Skill Gain

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Did they update the stats on the tiny crate by chance?
  • and still nothing to improve the game like realm timers and less pve in rvr zones. thanks, but no thanks
  • I’m glad BS is finding other ways to monetize the game. These little cosmetic changes are nice and I hope it translates into more development resources. However, we’re anxious for some information in connection to Endless Conquest and what can be done to keep Ywain active.
  • another fluffy waste of time
  • I’m glad BS is finding other ways to monetize the game. These little cosmetic changes are nice and I hope it translates into more development resources. However, we’re anxious for some information in connection to Endless Conquest and what can be done to keep Ywain active.
  • Mask looks cool. Gj.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Love is in the air as we celebrate the return of our Valentine's Day event and celebrate President's Day weekend with some RvR bonuses! <3

This event will run from Wednesday, February 13th through Tuesday, February 19th.

Mithril Shop

• Eye Mask helm patterns are now for sale on the Mithril Merchant found in each realm’s capital city.

Event Quests

• A Matter of the Heart: This quest will give players of all realms the chance find the imp, Russel, located mainland side of Castle Sauvage/Druim Ligen/Svasud Faste. He's ready to offer some interesting tasks from the local imp's union in return for a Lawn Cupid trophy, experience and coin. Don't forget to speak to Lady Payne and earn your ROG Valentine's Ring or Bracer too!
    • Keeping Company: This quest will be offered to characters level 45 and above and will have a unique challenge for players in Albion, Midgard and Hibernia. As a reward, players will receive a Tiny Compatriot Crate, experience and coin. Visit Lailen in Jordheim, Pondar Cully in Camelot, and Harris MacCullogh in Tir na Nog to start the quest.
    • Valentine's Traditions: These quests will offer three old style quests which were part of the original Dark Age of Camelot Valentine's Day content. Players will be able to complete the quest up to eight times, which is based on the number of times the original quest has been issued online. Players will be rewarded with a Hearts Cloak, Heart-Shaped Box, experience and coin. Visit Rumdor in Mag Mell, Hrolf in Mularn, or Sir Prescott in Camelot Hills to start the quest.

Bonuses

In honor of Valentine's day and President's Day weekend, the following bonuses are active for the duration of the event as well!

• On Ywain:
      • 25% bonus to RPs from kills (a total of 50% will display on your /bonuses window)
    • On Gaheris:
    • In each Capital City:
    • In all Housing Zones:

Cute. There is no Beau in TNN.
  • Love is in the air as we celebrate the return of our Valentine's Day event and celebrate President's Day weekend with some RvR bonuses! <3

Mithril Shop

Event Quests

Bonuses

• On Ywain:
    • On Gaheris:
    • In each Capital City:
    • In all Housing Zones:

Stop adding these stupid events and fix the game. Why do you guys keep blowing smoke up our A**'s instead of actually applying effort towards getting quality patches out.
    <Chaos Theory>

Message me for an 8v8 if you wanna try me.
  • They seem so out of touch with the current state of the game and the morale of the players when they ignore everything and slap a bandaid event copy and pasted from years past
  • Timeup wrote: »
    Love is in the air as we celebrate the return of our Valentine's Day event and celebrate President's Day weekend with some RvR bonuses! <3

Mithril Shop

Event Quests

Bonuses

• On Ywain:
    • On Gaheris:
    • In each Capital City:
    • In all Housing Zones:

Cute. There is no Beau in TNN.

There is. The NPC is located near the East Gate inside TNN where all the merchants are standing.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Maybe now but not when I went into every building, stable and tavern in and out both exits and looked into every trainer. World's End...if this toon doesn't already have the capability of getting there it's not going to happen.
  • Seasonal events are part of the game and will always happen, everyone knows and expect these. Same for St. Patrick's Day, Midwinter, Harbinger event, etc. We've stated info is coming and that this event was coming, as it does every year.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Seasonal events are part of the game and will always happen, everyone knows and expect these. Same for St. Patrick's Day, Midwinter, Harbinger event, etc. We've stated info is coming and that this event was coming, as it does every year.

Will you be my valentine? I have chocolate. Flowers. Tiny Compatriot Crate.

how about you guys focus on fixing bugs, start banning cheaters and publicly shaming them for it, add in realm timers, and stop putting pve events in rvr zones.
  • Oh you got me at crate <3
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Sure did. Meet me at Beau and it's all yours, Valentine.
  • Chocolate,too.
  • To those complaining about resources used for this...

She made it very clear that these are the same things that have been done in the past...therefore very little resources went into the implementation.

Some of you just cry and complain automatically without giving a thought as to whether it makes sense or not.
  • I thought the same thing @Mace80. Very little to any resources were used to implement a seasonal event that they do every year.
  • I can go along with the seasonal activities not requiring too much in terms of resources. Everything comes back to transparency for me though. The forums are inundated with "what is the plan"? questions. Instead of a response, we get "Hey we are gonna give you this... Its valentines weekend again...".

I'll say it again... tell me point blank one way or the other. I'd be fine hearing. "We aren't going to disclose this. We have no plans to let you know what we have in store for the immediate future or 2 years out". I would much rather hear that, than to be blatantly ignored. If you're one of the die hard BS cannot do wrong advocates, if you're fine with no information, then you are entitled to that. As a matter of fact, you're getting just that... no information.. so you should be happy. I, on the other hand, along with most of the post i see on this forum ... crave information. We want something to get excited about. We want something that tells us that its worth re-upping for another month, 3 months, 6 months or a year.
  • Sleepwell, I believe that Endless Conquest, or whatever it is called, is, in their minds their answer.
  • :s I guess ultimately that is an update. For an 18 year old game maybe thats good enough.
  • I guess then we’d like an update to how THAT is going. Just an update now and then on it’s status would be nice.
  • So an pseudo update before the update that lays the ground for f2p.

I’ll help you out, JBS is working toward the goal of getting you an update sometime soon.
  • Hahha.. that works... Thanks Phat. I'm retiring soon too. sometime in the next 15 years :wink:
  • Then I guess in 16 it’ll be out!. I’ll be 66 then.

Nothing like playing an old game in Depends!!
  • :wink: Depends for everyone!

rf529izkmav1.gif
  • LMAO Sleepwell!!