/salute hope to see you in the future

edited February 2019 in General Board
Played this game for 17 years and loved it. My first toon and only was Clumsy dumb troll in Midgard RR13L7 warrior. I died a lot and like many others charged like Brut. Even deployed overseas, I paid my monthly dues on two accounts and thought about defending the realm even when I could not play. I would talk to folks and ask about MIDGARD. Today, that sounds pretty stupid who cares about the realm? Why do you care? Why defend? Why do the impossible? Why run out and try to defend when it will to end in failure? Realm Hopers ensured the destruction of realm pride. Broadsword failed to listen to the player base made the game unplayable and listened to folks like TALD. Today it's all about the deathblows and some crappy quest. 8k from players killed and 150k from a stupid quest. The battles with Billings/Stardustt/Earthmover/Smakish/Oldboy and Herorius were a blast but no longer. Flip flop x3 realms to see who has the highest bonus reigns supreme very sad and good nite.
Post edited by Clumsy on

Comments

• Salute Clumsy, there is still a few who cares for Realm, and hope it will recover. Hope to see you around is the best I can say!
  • Gavner wrote: »
    Salute Clumsy, there is still a few who cares for Realm, and hope it will recover. Hope to see you around is the best I can say!

some of my comments in the past have been in anger, but I do love this game and hope it recovers at some point.
  • Clumsy wrote: »
    Gavner wrote: »
    Salute Clumsy, there is still a few who cares for Realm, and hope it will recover. Hope to see you around is the best I can say!

some of my comments in the past have been in anger, but I do love this game and hope it recovers at some point.

Some things we care about tend to make us emotional. Happens time to time, hope to see you around, and it recovers sooner then later.
  • edited February 2019 PM
    Clumsy wrote: »
    some of my comments in the past have been in anger

If custom titles ever appear - i'll have to remember to obtain <The Destoyer of Realm Pride>. And maybe you could get <The Destoryer of Ellan Vannin>

Roaming with 60+ deep with no enemies to fight isn't my doing, thats entirely your choice.

I am still have always been
    - pro-realm-pride,
    - pro-casual-player and
    - pro-playing-to-maintain-action (e.g. not zerging to force the enemy to log)
    - anti-zerg mobility
    - ideas of taking emotion out of the game and bringing it back to just fighting trolls and kobolds

Say what you like - but how the Zergs have been playing for the last few years of waiting for the enemy to make the first move and in the meanwhile steam rolling all the other playstyles isn't healthy either.
    Post edited by tald on
  • i gotcha coveredh4e0f2n7qcj9.png
  • waiting for your super smart response :smiley:
  • tald wrote: »
    some of my comments in the past have been in anger

If custom titles ever appear - i'll have to remember to obtain <The Destoyer of Realm Pride>. And maybe you could get <The Destoryer of Ellan Vannin>

Roaming with 60+ deep with no enemies to fight isn't my doing, thats entirely your choice.

I am still have always been
    - pro-realm-pride,
    - pro-casual-player and
    - pro-playing-to-maintain-action (e.g. not zerging to force the enemy to log)
    - anti-zerg mobility
    - ideas of taking emotion out of the game and bringing it back to just fighting trolls and kobolds

Say what you like - but how the Zergs have been playing for the last few years of waiting for the enemy to make the first move and in the meanwhile steam rolling all the other playstyles isn't healthy either.

nice edit
  • What sort of response do you want?

See you in 2 weeks, just like the last time?

• Realm Pride Tald
    give me something to work with bud all i hear is

eioO7q.jpg

Post edited by tald on
  • Sad to see you go clumsy respect man you were 100 percent Midgard sadly I agree with much of what you say seems like the twilight hour of the game the legends are dieing and the people no longer believe in the gods.
    What sort of response do you want?

See you in 2 weeks, just like the last time?

Please tell me that you do not represent anything to do with BS and giving feedback that is actually listened to?

If so, that explains a heck of a lot.

Now I know who you are...

Clunk, it's been a fun run here. Thank you for your service.
    Now hurry up and lvl my shamie! Goodness!
  • @Clumsy Hope to see you back brother. If they rebuild it they may come.
  • I wish you the best of luck @Clumsy! Sad to see any player leave. Hope you return. For the record, more often than not I have tended to agree with @tald. I think he has a rare ability not often seen on the forums to see the big picture and not be clouded by personal bias or realm bias. Midgard running around with 80+ while the other realms can't produce anything during American prime time is as deadly to the server as Herorius doing it during Euro time. Zerg's should be looking to fight other zergs. Not PvE'ing keeps down and killing any solo, small mans, and 8 mans they can come across.
    Theres always an X to a Y or a Y to a Z though @RonELuvv . I have been running regularly with Jen for several months now. Typically anywhere between an 8 man to 3 fg. And typically we try to keep it close to what made it competitive vs the other realms. There were often times when we had more than the other 2 realms, there were also times when the other realms had more than us. We also would join the bg if necessary to accomplish a task (much like solo stealthers would do to get GK credit etc.) Recently Hib has produced the larger bg during US primetime, so for that.. maybe its coming back to bite people. But theres a problem. No counter bg. Theres enough for a bg, but no one wants to lead that. I've attempted. Jen has stepped up and ran it a time or two, but no one wants that headache. I'm not griping about it, im just pointing out that they are not here now. Alb may or may not have one... i havent seen any that are well organized. I think this has been a long time coming though. Warning signs were there, but not heeded. And as you and i discussed, maybe after a month or two, things will get back to normal... or maybe they won't.

For every play style people are affected. The zergs affect the smaller zergs. Zergs affect 8 man. Zerg affect solo. 16 man affects 8 man, 8 man affects 4 man. 4 man affects solo... and so on. You get the idea and we have discussed it many times. Tald has at times made good points, but comments are too generic. And none of us has the time or patience to dissect each individual instance. A prime example would be when I first started running with Jen and Elitist Jerx. If we ran into an IRC group 8v8, we would get demolished. So we grew to 16. It was still not pretty, but it was better. We could win. 8 v 8 was a pretty guaranteed loss. So now we had 16 ... and we would roam expecting to get hit by IRC again... ultimately we would run into a different 8 man (non IRC), and we would win. They would either grow their 8 to a 16 or log or play something different. Solos got tired of getting rolled, so they went to duos, duos to 4 man, 4 to 8,8 to 16 16 to zerg.. .blah blah blah. Then the zergs started flipping realms to take advantage of GK farms etc. People voiced the opinion and it was either ignored, or no one could figure out how to deal with it (or just plain didnt care.. .give me my $15 bucks and shut up). While i see some of Talds points, im not naive enough to neglect that the Xyorman/Clumsy/ post are wrong either. Its perspective. When i ran around solo, duo, grouped, stealth zerged i had a much different perspective than i do now. The outcome was the same though. Get rolled, change. AFter the change if i still get rolled, log or play somewhere else. The problem is now that we can all still eat cake... but there is a new baker in town. Might not last long, but how long will it take do do the damage?
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
    Sleepwell wrote: »
    While i see some of Talds points, im not naive enough to neglect that the Xyorman/Clumsy/ post are wrong either. Its perspective.

It is perspective - one is thru the eyes of midgard only, the other is an overview.

I have been running regularly with Jen for several months now. Typically anywhere between an 8 man to 3 fg. And typically we try to keep it close to what made it competitive vs the other realms.

Had the pleasure of fighting a Jen PuG the other night with an Alb PuG. Thanks for the fights.
    16 man affects 8 man, 8 man affects 4 man. 4 man affects solo... and so on. You get the idea and we have discussed it many times. Tald has at times made good points, but comments are too generic. And none of us has the time or patience to dissect each individual instance. A prime example would be when I first started running with Jen and Elitist Jerx. If we ran into an IRC group 8v8, we would get demolished. So we grew to 16.

No problems at all with 16 slots, had some epic fights vs a @Clumsy 16 slot. These fights are winnable or have the illusion of being winnable to the point you try again.
    Post edited by tald on
  • Yes and no Tald. I have been on all realms and had the same happen. Not through the eyes of midgard only. A zerg is a zerg is a zerg. Options are there. Period. As far as perspective goes, you're entitled to yours. Game bugs and crashes are a prime example. If something has been a bug for several months or years, im entitled to my perspective that they take priority over new content or fancy new headgear. My head having two horns sticking out of my head it won't make me log. CTD will if it happens enough.
  • I certainly get what you are saying @Sleepwell, but my comment was only about what @Clumsy was saying about @tald. Nothing more and nothing less. When Zerg's get upset because people change realms to try and make a good fight that is the opposite of what people should get mad about. I have no issue with implementing a realm timer. I have no issue with realm pride being pushed. But then we can't sit there and see posts where people are upset because Herorius/Xyorman/Anna etc. bg's are killing action. Sure, many hop on whatever realm has the biggest BG, but that isn't BS's fault. That is the communities fault. People should be using the ability to switch realms to balance, not to join the easiest realm. The GK is a special event and of course people will hop realms to maximize rp's. I don't really factor that into this discussion since it is a very short period event. I'm referring more to the normal day to day situation.
  • I have been playing day to day (up until this week). Guild groups. It was a welcome sight to see @Beetleguisse start up the hib bg and provide more action. Timing sucked though. Now hib has US prime bg and he has no one to fight.

I will say im critical to a fault though. I'm a pessimist by nature. I'd rather plan not to fail vs "lets just see what happens". I feel like that has been the BS approach up until now.
  • You were always a tough one in NF to kill. Take care
    I have been playing day to day (up until this week). Guild groups. It was a welcome sight to see @Beetleguisse start up the hib bg and provide more action. Timing sucked though. Now hib has US prime bg and he has no one to fight.

I will say im critical to a fault though. I'm a pessimist by nature. I'd rather plan not to fail vs "lets just see what happens". I feel like that has been the BS approach up until now.

Timing sucks for sure! For the 2 years we have been here the Mids have owned American prime time with the biggest BG. Now they finally have a solid BG to fight and they all run to another place instead of fighting here. Now the Hib BG will probably get bored and do the same.

I truly feel that most BG's in this game don't want to fight other BG's. It's all about pride and not dying. I realize I don't really play with zergs too often, but you know me, I'm not afraid of /release at all. Most people if they die once or twice just switch to whatever side just killed them. Which is sad. They should instead be glad they have action, want some tough fights (win or lose), and then let the rp's fall where they may.

Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • I'll defend the run to an extent. I like realm timers.... i dont like depending on others or the community to do the right thing :-) + 1 for me. No profound gear creap, +2. MMORPG (Massive) population +3.

All things that have been suggested. or the comments that BS did "too much". Minor tweaks are fine. Huge changes lead to huge bugs and or huge complaints. The 18 year old game comment comes back up here... an 18 year old game doesnt need massive changes.. if it does.. soemthing is wrong
    While i see some of Talds points, im not naive enough to neglect that the Xyorman/Clumsy/ post are wrong either. Its perspective.

It is perspective - one is thru the eyes of midgard only, the other is an overview.

I have been running regularly with Jen for several months now. Typically anywhere between an 8 man to 3 fg. And typically we try to keep it close to what made it competitive vs the other realms.

Had the pleasure of fighting a Jen PuG the other night with an Alb PuG. Thanks for the fights.
    16 man affects 8 man, 8 man affects 4 man. 4 man affects solo... and so on. You get the idea and we have discussed it many times. Tald has at times made good points, but comments are too generic. And none of us has the time or patience to dissect each individual instance. A prime example would be when I first started running with Jen and Elitist Jerx. If we ran into an IRC group 8v8, we would get demolished. So we grew to 16.

No problems at all with 16 slots, had some epic fights vs a @Clumsy 16 slot. These fights are winnable or have the illusion of being winnable to the point you try again.

Again, sorry mate but your perspective is far from an overview and others certainly not from one realm -- you are mistaken if you think I ,for example, don't or haven't play<ed>other realms -- but, in your little bubble, you simply can't or wont see the BIGGER picture of what this game was supposed to be about and how far it has strayed from that model -- and the farther it goes the more it falters --- numbers <overall> are the ultimate determinant.

• Numbers are definitely not subjective. Numbers equate fun.
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    I'll defend the run to an extent. I like realm timers.... i dont like depending on others or the community to do the right thing :-) + 1 for me. No profound gear creap, +2. MMORPG (Massive) population +3.

All things that have been suggested. or the comments that BS did "too much". Minor tweaks are fine. Huge changes lead to huge bugs and or huge complaints. The 18 year old game comment comes back up here... an 18 year old game doesnt need massive changes.. if it does.. soemthing is wrong

Amen to that! Quit trying to reinvent the wheel! The things that made DAoC great are what made it last for 18 years. Quit trying to change it.
  • Seriously you guys suck for leaving, ill be here to the very end
  • Me too. Hope to be the last chicken nugget standing!! lol
  • RonELuvv & Tald

I understand Clumsy very well and have same conclussion as he not to renew at this time , and im afraid its peeps like Tald WHO advised BS. I am a true zerger as u will call it, I run in herorius zerg with my friends there. The zerg is easy going and u get invited when u new and low level and i know i setup grp will make more rps than we do, and we always like action we get from Anna zerg or other zergs. The other days we will attack keeps for u need a zerg to do it in primetime with all the changes, and alb doing a great job defending atm making good rps, so i will say herorius create action for meny both hib side and alb side and midside when they have greater numbers than alb (and not detroying anything ).

I have liked clumsy/xyro zerg WHO has attacked hib many times on US time, then hibs goes together and try defending, sometimes with luck ,other times without, but after shaylon have started to run hibzerg in weekends US time we cut deffend more easy there

I think there is many playstyles, some like to solo, some like 8man other zergs and i always belived there shut be room for all playstyles. Ex i dont see zerg roaming solotowns but fg does what is the differens? ..

But to U WHO dont like zergs i have great news, the number in zerg EU and US time dropping alot. soon we dont have population for zergs and then u can run all that 8 man, u talking about, the only problem is if i cant run with my friends in the zerg WHO has a laidback attitude without TS and have fun, then im out, and will not take part in a 8man race. When zergers start to log there is soon only 8 -16 mans left ,and i dont think they cant pay the bills for this game to run. But time will tell.

But soon U have what U wanted ,but think many new players/toons will have a hard time to get grps etc without the zergs.

But have always think its funny how some crying about zergs in eu time they run 3 hours almost the same on US time ( where 8 man have a chance to get zerged Down, but most 8 mans know there speedwarps well and almost everytime get away). Zergs was always created when most was online on all realms so there was a chance to deffend. So 8 mans have nearly 18 hours without zergs.

so to Tald talking about he hates zerg he runs 8 man when none or only few 8 mans is online is just to funny, because he is sometimes a zerg morning hours EU time.:-)

Just a view from a zerg deffender of hibland

regards

Commanderling/ Killerling and bunch of other toons ending on- ling noobs
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Again, sorry mate but your perspective is far from an overview and others certainly not from one realm -- you are mistaken if you think I ,for example, don't or haven't play<ed>other realms -- but, in your little bubble, you simply can't or wont see the BIGGER picture of what this game was supposed to be about and how far it has strayed from that model -- and the farther it goes the more it falters --- numbers <overall> are the ultimate determinant.

It isn't about you playing realms or surfing herorius or w/e you choose to do outside of leading US PT.

Numbers are the ultimate determinant - and i applaud Beetleguise for stepping up to fight you after years and year of you guys begging for a Hib Zerg - but i also applaud him for realising that leading a zerg against nothing or with no objective is unhealthy also.

I feel parts of what Ron said pretty much cover it.

A large majority of the community want fights they can/will/know they will win. This applies to all playstyles; smalley thru to zerg.
    RonELuvv wrote: »
    Timing sucks for sure! For the 2 years we have been here the Mids have owned American prime time with the biggest BG. Now they finally have a solid BG to fight and they all run to another place instead of fighting here. Now the Hib BG will probably get bored and do the same.

I truly feel that most BG's in this game don't want to fight other BG's. It's all about pride and not dying. ..................They should instead be glad they have action, want some tough fights (win or lose), and then let the rp's fall where they may.

• Keltorius wrote: »
    Me too. Hope to be the last chicken nugget standing!! lol

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FXIWyYtq85E
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
    Bah
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • I am so sorry to see you leave Clumsy, you are a true gentleman even though a mid and I for one will be so sorry to see you go (even though you killed me over and over).
    What you said is so true, and nope.. broadsword won't ever listen, that's the way they are.
    Unsaid words .. we're not interested in what you have to say, pay your money, and do whatever... its all working as intended.
    Byes Clumsy. :'(
  • To the fair, the game should have been broad enough to accommodate zerging, 1v1, 8 man, small man, duo's and even people who just wanted quest their socks off all day long. Unfortunately, this isn't 2003 and there aren't enough people left to provide an adequate experience for all types of playstyles. BS have been pandering to the vocal minority for a while now, and the resultant effect is this.

Post edited by Xyorman on
    tald wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »

It isn't about you playing realms or surfing herorius or w/e you choose to do outside of leading US PT.

Numbers are the ultimate determinant - and i applaud Beetleguise for stepping up to fight you after years and year of you guys begging for a Hib Zerg - but i also applaud him for realising that leading a zerg against nothing or with no objective is unhealthy also.

I feel parts of what Ron said pretty much cover it.

A large majority of the community want fights they can/will/know they will win. This applies to all playstyles; smalley thru to zerg.
    RonELuvv wrote: »

I truly feel that most BG's in this game don't want to fight other BG's. It's all about pride and not dying. ..................They should instead be glad they have action, want some tough fights (win or lose), and then let the rp's fall where they may.

What THIS is about is your <Tald> acting like you know reasons for anyone doing anything and bloviating about FACTS not in evidence....your perspective is yours, your criticism of others is arrogant and simply wrong --- stick to your own thoughts and leave your perceptions of others out of it.

Otherwise, Auberne nailed the big picture quite well : BS have been pandering to the vocal minority for a while now, and the resultant effect is this.
    Post edited by Xyorman on
    Just for the record @boomling, I have no issue with zergs. I think they are a great way to get casual players involved and can provide excellent opportunities for fun. I just have seen too many times that one zerg avoids another zerg because they don't want to lose. I get it though, when a zerg loses a fight you will see people leave the zerg. So to prevent that alot of zergs try and avoid competitive fights. Not all the time, but it does happen on all sides on occasion. I certainly don't want anyone thinking that I don't like zergs or I have some issue with them. I have ran with Herorius on occasion. It's not my favorite style of play, but it can be really fun when you have giant battles.

The best aspect of DAoC is that RvR is open to however a person wants to play. You can run from solo all the way up to a 100+ person zerg and everything in between. I just wish people would not be so afraid of /release, in all styles of play.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Xyorman wrote: »

Hey Zyorman, I want to buy the curse recipe off your CM in Hib but your CM is full! :'(
  • stewbeedoo wrote: »

Hey Zyorman, I want to buy the curse recipe off your CM in Hib but your CM is full! :'(

Sorry, not mine, I use different names on each realm...someone trying to be 'funny' I suppose

• [/quote]

Hey Zyorman, I want to buy the curse recipe off your CM in Hib but your CM is full! :'( [/quote]

I have an idea. Although I expect it to fall on deaf ears, here it is: When a person tries to buy something from a CM and can't because it's holding too much the person gets to buy it anyway and the plat or gold or whatever goes right to me.. er, right to BS and the person gets the item. Problem solved!
  • Pandering to the vocal minority? Sounds exactly like politicians
  • Buncha quitters up in here

its all about $$$ Tald is worth 2c when they figure out his perspective maybe we can talk about getting the game back
    Post edited by Clumsy on
  • invest in Tald DAOC
  • For the ppl that speculate that Tald and other 8man playstylers advocate things for that specific playstyle, you cant be more wrong.
    Its the overview thats been advocating from most.
    Heart of the game is the big mass, the zerg that keeps the game alive. For years its been voiced that give the zergs something to do instead of chasing 8 mans on EV. Some actions have been semi positive and some counter productive and the common thing about it all is that it happens without any real feedback from the base.
    Few players involved in the discussion, whats being discussed is not what is happening, testing and feedback is done with even less transparency.Forum lobbyists are vocal about small stuff that in the big overview is brilliant but cus of the bad transparency of goals, the small stuff that leads up to a better way is scrapped and final decision is being made by ppl not in touch with reality. //flop
  • Clumsy wrote: »
    invest in Tald DAOC

You are in control of nuturing or destroying your own playtime.

My playtime is pretty fun.

Stop being Xyormans' rubber glove, doesn't suit you.

• I can totally agree with you there Tald. To each his own. If you like being zerged down, enjoy. We have "another" option currently, as judging by the looks of the population, most are taking advantage of it. In the end.. do what you enjoy. If alternatives are there, they will be taken advantage of. If changes come from that, good. If changes do not come from that, that is fine too.
    invest in Tald DAOC

You are in control of nuturing or destroying your own playtime.

My playtime is pretty fun.

Stop being Xyormans' rubber glove, doesn't suit you.

Your manners are lacking.