February 2019 statto post

No surprises but kills, deathblows, and solo kills, as well as level 50 characters earning RPs (all measured per week) are all significantly down over the last few weeks.

The caveats I usually post ad nauseum about the data, where it comes from, and any issues with it all stand. You're free to interpret the data however you want - I just present it (and even then Vanesyra does the hard work), but it's up to players to discuss what's driving changes.

Data here is taken from Vanesyra's site at excidio.net, where you can browse away to your heart's content - a lot of data there.

Year on Year comparison

Year on year RvR character counts for the most recent week were down 36% compared to the same period one year ago (kills down 42%, deathblows down 44%).

By comparison, the first week of January 2019, compared to one year earlier, saw level 50 RvR character counts up 6%, kills up 31%, and deathblows up 12%.

The decline has happened in a few weeks for somewhat obvious reasons. Of all the realms, Midgard has been hit hardest (I think several BG leaders left), followed by Albion, and then Hibernia (the main BG leader remains on Ywain).

Overall declines, first week of January 2019 compared to most recent week (6 week period)

Hs3wHwz.png

Level 50 characters earning at least one RP in a given week

svAHEzD.png

NrJ3afJ.png

Number of kills by players by year

dUABFIc.png

Number of deathblows by players by year

7sHMqh7.png

Comments

• Are you sure these #'s are right, @Simon? I always hear everyone talking about your stats and that you must be on BS payroll since you always show such great #'s for the server. ;) To be fair, I've always found your reports excellent and pretty on point. I think we all know why the #'s have taken such a down turn recently. Hopefully they can rebound soon.
  • Stats are always useful, thanks for the collective data.
  • So long as they are all paying their subs, BS can continue making masks. Nothing to see here.
  • Can we get a #stats on these sweet sweet masks my man.

Tc for the info posted m8
  • Masks income far outweighs the time it took for a non-dev artist to make. There are plenty issues, that may probably not been the biggest, maybe it's timing is odd so it gives bad taste regardless I do get that. In the other hand if selling some masks do let servers up longer, I don't mind it.

I rather blame the non-criticized huge efforts put into Name Change that took months to make, then fix. Yes, it may also bring in some $ but that one really took effort to make, resulting Endless Conquest, fixes delay possibly, while gameplay-wise it was completely irrelevant. Why masks get all the hate? :)
  • Gavner wrote: »
    Why masks get all the hate? :)

Because nobody wanted them. Bugs, crashes and cheating on the other hand...

• edited February 2019 PM
    Auberne wrote: »
    Gavner wrote: »
    Why masks get all the hate? :)

Because nobody wanted them. Bugs, crashes and cheating on the other hand...

I see people around with masks. We all know designing a mask don't take much time compared to income, nor has to do anything with bug fixes.

Otherwise sure, as said, maybe the timing wasn't right.

Edit: It's like saying you don't like it so it shouldn't take away time from devs (which not really), but name and race change which does take much more effort and you like is fine. I don't have issues with that either, and it's been asked for, but when we criticize bad priorities, we should look at ours too. People bought those masks, so it's not like nobody wanted them.
    Post edited by Gavner on
    Masks income far outweighs the time it took for a non-dev artist to make. There are plenty issues, that may probably not been the biggest, maybe it's timing is odd so it gives bad taste regardless I do get that. In the other hand if selling some masks do let servers up longer, I don't mind it.

I rather blame the non-criticized huge efforts put into Name Change that took months to make, then fix. Yes, it may also bring in some $ but that one really took effort to make, resulting Endless Conquest, fixes delay possibly, while gameplay-wise it was completely irrelevant. Why masks get all the hate? :)

971jna2kzi0c.png
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Gavner wrote: »
    Masks income far outweighs the time it took for a non-dev artist to make. There are plenty issues, that may probably not been the biggest, maybe it's timing is odd so it gives bad taste regardless I do get that. In the other hand if selling some masks do let servers up longer, I don't mind it.

971jna2kzi0c.png

Hope you enjoy your highlander inf preaching about priorities. :)
  • Don't get me wrong, I could care less about Masks, but when we pick on where we put our criticism, theres plenty of space everywhere else. Can't wait to see how masks killed daoc tho.
    [Hope you enjoy your highlander inf preaching about priorities. :)

e3f2g0rs12w7.png
  • edited February 2019 PM
    Post edited by Gavner on