Stackable Potions

edited January 2019 in General Board
Would like to see this feature implemented same as the stack you got for x-mas in a way to conserve bag space. Generally carrying way to many items needed for RvR and when going into PvE for fun or farm having to completely empty bags into house vaults and such just add another step to the process. More of a quality of life fix than anything. Making pots stackable to atleast 10 or 20 would be wonderful that would allow for pot stacks that give 600 charges depending on the potion type.
  1. Stackable Potions22 votes
    1. Yes!!!
      90.91%
    2. No!!!
        9.09%
Post edited by Kealadron on
Tagged:

Comments

• The forums have spoken.
  • I would agree with this 100% IF they had not put in cauldrons. You don't need to stack them when you can run 99 charge cauldrons.
  • The ones at midwinter aren't a stack, it just is the name of it but it's 1 potion with 240 charges. Cauldrons were added that are a larger charge count option and save on space :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • The material requirements to make a cauldron exceed the charges you'd get if you made those potions individually so we got a system that really does us no good other than saving bag space.
  • That’s what people complained about, not having enough bag space. They did this and I just started throwing away stuff and making room, short on charges for quantity of mats. Not worth it to waist materials.
  • Kealadron wrote: »
    The material requirements to make a cauldron exceed the charges you'd get if you made those potions individually so we got a system that really does us no good other than saving bag space.

can you give us the calculations showing how much it exceeds it by
  • edited January 2019 PM
    I can't give the calculations @tald, but I do know that they do require more ingredients and essences. I could be wrong on these #'s, but I believe if you used the same ingredients and essences you would get 4 draughts (120 charges) to get 1 cauldron (99 charges). It would be tough to match them equally though, since draughts are 30 charges and cauldrons are 99. I almost wish they had just made cauldrons 90 charges and then made it so they were the same cost in ingredients as 3x draughts. Honestly, I never minded the draughts as they were. 30 charges per potion is not bad at all, and I don't think running with 2-3 of each potion players use is a problem. Sup (3), celerity (3), omni-regen (3), omni heal (2), restoration (2) is what I run with and 13 potions is not that much space when you have 40 slots open in your bag and you could put the extras in your /bank if you really wanted to save space. Seems like 1st world problems to me. ;)
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • RonELuvv is right the cauldrons end up giving less charges than if you made draughts with the essences. Would be cool if the draughts had the essence amount reduced and the side ingredients increased slightly.
  • edited January 2019 PM
    ive heard the same, is pretty silly
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Essences should be the same, other ingredients can be upped. No sense making cauldrons just to free up to bag spaces but lose 21 charges...
  • tald wrote: »
    Kealadron wrote: »
    The material requirements to make a cauldron exceed the charges you'd get if you made those potions individually so we got a system that really does us no good other than saving bag space.

can you give us the calculations showing how much it exceeds it by

cauldron of supremacy: 99 charges
    materials required as listed
    495 icy distill
    396 fiery distill
    248 fermented blood root
    17 ancient necrotic brain fluid
    17 ancient lich tooth
    4 essence of supremacy
    potion of supremacy: 30 charges
    materials required as listed
    150 icy distill
    120 fiery distill
    75 fermented blood root
    5 necrotic brain fluid
    5 ancient lich tooth
    1 essence of supremacy
    x3 potions of supremacy = 90 charges
    materials required from math
    450 icy distill
    360 fiery distill
    225 fermented blood root
    15 necrotic brain fluid
    15 ancient lich tooth
    3 essence of supremacy
    long term cost if you could stack potions by 20
    30 charges x 20 = 600 charges
    material list
    3,000 icy
    2,000 fiery
    1,500 fermented
    100 brain
    100 lich
    20 essence
    600 charge cauldron cost
    6 cauldrons needed to 594 charges (less than 600 charges)
    2,970 icy
    2,376 fiery
    1,488 fermented
    102 necrotic
    102 lich
    24 essence

cauldrons cost a lot more in the long run, less on the icy, fiery, and fermented (which dont really matter that is merchant bought)
    more on the necrotic, lich, and essence (matter a lot because the essence specifically are not easy to come by)
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I can't give the calculations @tald

Since noone else wants to deal in facts - he're are some numbers.

Essences by farming actually easier to aqcuire than the Necrotic/Lich Teeth (Unless you have a 15 year stash like myself) - But i guess you could sit in barrows for hours and farm so there is that.

Draught Cauldron
    Supremacy 30 99
    per/charge per/charge
    Icy Distill 5 5
    Fiery Distill 4 4
    Fermented Blood 2.5 2.505050505
    Necrotic 0.166666667 0.171717172
    Lich Tooth 0.166666667 0.171717172
    Essence of Sup 0.033333333 0.04040404

• tald wrote: »
    RonELuvv wrote: »
    I can't give the calculations @tald

Since noone else wants to deal in facts - he're are some numbers.

Essences by farming actually easier to aqcuire than the Necrotic/Lich Teeth (Unless you have a 15 year stash like myself) - But i guess you could sit in barrows for hours and farm so there is that.

Draught Cauldron
    Supremacy 30 99
    per/charge per/charge
    Icy Distill 5 5
    Fiery Distill 4 4
    Fermented Blood 2.5 2.505050505
    Necrotic 0.166666667 0.171717172
    Lich Tooth 0.166666667 0.171717172
    Essence of Sup 0.033333333 0.04040404

^ to the top ^
  • All of you who are complaining... please stop its embarrassing... specialty potions are more easily created now than ever before. The essences are so easy to come by that I now have a stockpile, whereas before i was very sparing to sell my essences (celerity/supp) on housing because i would use 90% of it on myself. So using an extra essence to create a cauldron is nothing to me.

As far as the rare alch ingredients, you can literally sit in relic town and buy them in bulk now... and people still complain.

I agree with Broadswords decision on the recipe quantities I think it's more than fair.

What I don't agree with is sitting in town for 15 minutes while I unstack 100 individual essences and /use over and over and over... I think they should just put an essence merchant in and turn essences into currency and use them just like blood seals @Carol_Broadsword
  • Can I have your essences? :p
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    sitting in town for 15 minutes while I unstack 100 individual essences and /use over and over and over...
    you who are complaining... please stop its embarrassing...

Might wanna watch what you say before you say it...
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    All of you who are complaining... please stop its embarrassing... specialty potions are more easily created now than ever before.

I did say that I felt this was a "first world problem" so to speak. I don't think its a serious issue for most people. If you really want to save space in your bags the added cost to make cauldrons shouldn't be that big of a deal. Otherwise, as you pointed out, you can get essences easier now than before and alchemy ingredients aren't too bad to come by either. So if you don't run cauldrons it should theoretically be easier now than ever before.