Animist pet damaqe needs nerf

its ridiculous, heres some rr2 animist pveinq bout **** on me

steady 500 hits, my rr11 wizard doesnt nuke that hard and i have to be free to cast, if i moc its like half the dmq as a ani pet spams -_-
ri55bp.png
«1

Comments

  • oh ya and that damaqe is vs chain armor
  • Where did you find a verdant animist in rvr? Were they pve’ing Somewhere?
  • Yea I was on the outer oil level on a keep defense and one of those came through the door like it didn’t exist and 3-4 shot my RM.
  • edited December 2018 PM
    I get hit for those exact same numbers no matter what toon I'm on and no matter what armor they are wearing. Cabby pet hits for the same amount (have not* been hit by ML10 cabby pet tho, but regular amber hits me for 400-500).
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • But u healed urself for 204!!
  • Not bad, more damage than an archer :)
  • Guarenteed the pet was ML9'd, you're just finding more stuff to complain about on here.
  • Verdant also literally has nothing besides a pet and the pet pbae
  • Nothing to see here and yes standard shot on an Archer hits for about like 480
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Nothing to see here and yes standard shot on an Archer hits for about like 480

    ...on a rr1 without capped resists maybe
  • Nerf archers
  • standard shot hits for like 250 on real people ;\ lol
  • Nightmare wrote: »
    Guarenteed the pet was ML9'd, you're just finding more stuff to complain about on here.

    yes ml9 is an ability you can learn in qame to pvp with...
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    standard shot hits for like 250 on real people ;\ lol

    and for 45 on a Tic :D
  • Everyone hits a tic for 45... what’s your point. Archers do fine and if you think otherwise you should consider a new play style/spec. You always try and claim archers are so weak. It shows why you group ;)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Everyone hits a tic for 45... what’s your point. Archers do fine and if you think otherwise you should consider a new play style/spec. You always try and claim archers are so weak. It shows why you group ;)

    There are no archers that do not group, some do their soloquest and thats it. Show me the archer with 40+ solokills/day. They do fine, yep...if they group and stick killing less numbers as the own group.
  • It has nothing to do with their damage and everything to do with the new solo zones. All the action a solo looks for is now mostly in those towns that you can't effectively maneuver around.

    Not to mention very few people/classes pull 40 kills a day so that's quite irrelevant.

    Also what is your toons name?
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • My unbuffed ML9 spirit Valkyrie hit a fully buffed rr5 animst for 671 a few days ago while I was doing keep siege. 4 shotted him and there was literally nothing he could do about it. Part of the game. Pet classes give up quite a bit for a pet that generally speaking is useless imo
  • Impounded wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with their damage and everything to do with the new solo zones. All the action a solo looks for is now mostly in those towns that you can't effectively maneuver around.

    Not to mention very few people/classes pull 40 kills a day so that's quite irrelevant.

    Also what is your toons name?

    Running around in a place looking for duells isn`t exactly what i would call solo. :)

    If you think archers do well and the damage is ok, play one.
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Stoertebecker, ima have to agree with impounded it's more the location of action that effects archers ability to solo, I have a hunter I play bow/bc I need stuff in open without stuff to break Los just like with my druid.

    Faatkid-druid
    Bodukejr-hunter

    Ohhh and nerf that anim pet
    Post edited by Boduke on
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

    Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • I wish they would un-nerf the druid pet... tried soloing on a nature druid and the pet is all but useless, the stun and disease procs once every 2000 hits
  • Running around in a place looking for duells isn`t exactly what i would call solo. :)

    If you think archers do well and the damage is ok, play one.

    I don't care if you call it solo action.. It's the fact it is what has become of solo action. And the class you choose to play is unable or very restricted when trying to take part in those areas. I feel for you, I wouldn't want to play a kiting class in that type of situation.

    Just don't blame it on your class being underpowered. Because that is a blatant lie. I have seen numerous archers soloing inside and around the solo towns. Mostly "Ranger/Hunters" for melee reasons but the point stands.

    Since I have a slight feeling you play a Ranger, I would suggest you try new spec/style actually learn your class and you will see it's boils down to actions location.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • @shoke it's not bad at all alot less frustrating than I ever thought wish the disease was a bit longer on pet but overall I can't complain. @impounded can tell ya pet is perfectly fine he fought it for like 10m other day
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

    Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • Hahahah ffffuuuuu, you just had to bring it up. That fight was hurting my soul.

    gf indeed my friend. Both nearly got each other a few times in that long ass fight.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Could the difference be overrated because Hibs have all the relics? So nerf the Animist by taking the relics back...
    Post edited by Helgha on
  • Logic has no place in this discussion. The relics are happy where they are (ducking really fast after that statement)
    fqz95qv8ebt0.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • I agree with Siambra, relics fine where they are. lol

    Soloing with a bow class can be difficult without an open area to fight but it can be done. My main is a Ranger by the same name here, I win some lose some. Still love the fights.
  • ah solo archer is free RP for me (unlike all the other classes you see in the solo area solo). I feel archer damage is just a bit short of what it needs to be so almost every archer zergs. The solo to zerg ration of archers is now over a 1-1 ration (while out and about I would give my odds of finding a stealth zerg to be 2:1 of finding a solo archer now. Use to be 1:10 or more before pet patch). Probably because archers could solo more things, now almost every pet class is a nono to hit, same with most casting classes (no quick cast to counter and low close range damage so interrupt is hard), any tank that knows what engage is a nono, so your now left with other archers and melee with no shield.

    Though i think duo's are still very strong, solo they just are lacking about 20% :) and pets have alot to do with this

  • Impounded wrote: »
    Running around in a place looking for duells isn`t exactly what i would call solo. :)

    If you think archers do well and the damage is ok, play one.

    I don't care if you call it solo action.. It's the fact it is what has become of solo action. And the class you choose to play is unable or very restricted when trying to take part in those areas. I feel for you, I wouldn't want to play a kiting class in that type of situation.

    Just don't blame it on your class being underpowered. Because that is a blatant lie. I have seen numerous archers soloing inside and around the solo towns. Mostly "Ranger/Hunters" for melee reasons but the point stands.

    Since I have a slight feeling you play a Ranger, I would suggest you try new spec/style actually learn your class and you will see it's boils down to actions location.

    About what kind of soloìng are we talking?
    Farming under rr5 bp junkies? Well, that is still possible,at the docks, mazes, even at the solo zone that doesn`t exists anymore. :)

    As soon as your opponent has some decent ra points in his pocket and knows what he is doing, you`re basically fkd as an solo archer.

    Hue is correct with his 245-270 on standard shot, thats the average value if you shot someone that wears a good template.
    Since it seems you have some deeper insights, what is an solo archer supposed to kill? Enlighten me, i`m curious.
    But don`t come with something like *u could use remedy on assassins*, or moc vs casters....
  • You aren't supposed to hit as hard as a caster. Never have and never should. You have tons of utility to use and kite your opponent. Yes it has gotten harder for all classes to kill someone because these stupid ass items being added.

    I am sorry archers have a harder time soloing because of these new solo towns. But stop trying to blame it on something it has no relations too.

    I would suggest not being full sniper spec if you want to solo.

    PS: What is your archers name?
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    standard shot hits for like 250 on real people ;\ lol

    and for 45 on a Tic :D

    makes you question why they made tic armour even better with last patch, but hey, BS ... things don't need to make sense i guess. let's change stuff for change sake even when it doesn't make sense .... /shrug.

    BS simply doesn't understand that the people playing daoc play it because they know they game and they are familiar with it, the vast majority of player don't want change i think. at least not to what BS is changing. if people wanted to play a 'new' game, they would leave daoc and play a damn NEW game.

    BS is changing all the damn wrong things all of the time. ok, occasionaly they change something for the good, most of the time they don't.

    does BS really think returning players who come back to the game they knew will stick around if they don't recognize the game, the mechanics or the classes anymore ? my experience with returning players is about them saying 'wtf' and ending their new sub on the spot because it's not anymore what they expected.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Everyone hits a tic for 45... what’s your point. Archers do fine and if you think otherwise you should consider a new play style/spec. You always try and claim archers are so weak. It shows why you group ;)

    There are no archers that do not group, some do their soloquest and thats it. Show me the archer with 40+ solokills/day. They do fine, yep...if they group and stick killing less numbers as the own group.

    show me anyone with 40+ solo kills a day ....
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Kealadron wrote: »
    My unbuffed ML9 spirit Valkyrie hit a fully buffed rr5 animst for 671 a few days ago while I was doing keep siege. 4 shotted him and there was literally nothing he could do about it. Part of the game. Pet classes give up quite a bit for a pet that generally speaking is useless imo

    you both say that pets are useless and that pets can 4 shot people with nothing they can do in the same sentence ... explain the logic pls.
    Vicomtessa Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Kealadron wrote: »
    4 shotted him and there was literally nothing he could do about it. generally speaking is useless imo
    Muylae wrote: »
    you both say that pets are useless and that pets can 4 shot people with nothing they can do in the same sentence ... explain the logic pls.

    lol
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Impounded wrote: »
    You aren't supposed to hit as hard as a caster. Never have and never should. You have tons of utility to use and kite your opponent. Yes it has gotten harder for all classes to kill someone because these stupid ass items being added.

    I am sorry archers have a harder time soloing because of these new solo towns. But stop trying to blame it on something it has no relations too.

    I would suggest not being full sniper spec if you want to solo.

    PS: What is your archers name?

    You`re kiting the question what an solo archer is supposed to kill. :)

    You don`t get a name from me, but you can be sure that i`ve tried all spec and template combinations already.
    Tried moc5 <<<< muhaha, 80% from average 245 dam....what a waste
    Tried fa9 and was biting my own butt each time the crit was around 90 damage for 34 specpoints.

    Meleedamage is ok, but cmon..it`s an archer, the 3 classes are supposed to use a bow.

    So we play as annoying stealthgroups, so stop trying to blame it on something....
  • edited January 2019 PM
    ywaint nothing to it but to get to it B)





    yellow buffs, no moc, no melee, no heal procs / heal uses, no hot procs / hot uses, all during the time of hot chests and mov ect

    (but I must agree with stoer, theres a reason I quit my scout the day I hit LE and never went back, **** that **** lol)
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Why did i know that you will pull these vids out of the hat? :D

    That is far from reflecting the current situation on Ywain, i think there were way more players as today.

    You got rp`s for each mile while kiting, or? :)
  • edited January 2019 PM
    You got rp`s for each mile while kiting, or? :)

    yeah just like for the ladies I charge by the mile :p
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • @Muylae

    So the times ml9 is up and I'm fighting a caster I can 4 shot it, other than that when is the pet useful? It doesn't hit anything with more than cloth for damage that really matters all that much... Sneaks 300-400 a swing (less than a real dps) chain 200-300 and plate 150-250... Few pets stun and if so it last maybe 4 seconds... But in a game like DAoC that today makes the utmost sense I suppose logic is what I would be looking for as well. Instead of questioning others opinions play one for yourself and make your own informed decision.
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Root the pet and move away from it? If you don't have any CC, sucks to be you? Not every class can murder everything.

    With how janky pets are in DAoC, they're fairly easy to dispose of or outsmart.
    Post edited by Ciddire on
  • @Muylae
    Sakibombs has well over 40 solo kills a day.
  • ...and only 1-2 deaths...surprise, surprise. It seems he never got added, run into groups, vanish is always up in each fight, and he is fast as a shark, even with 10% health. :)
  • Actually the pet got lost somewhere on EV and came back with super powers. No one is really sure what happened, but the pet magically found his way home and was very angry upon arrival
  • edited January 2019 PM
    ccing a pet sounds good on paper but things happen, fights turn long, people get on you things come out of cc, in this ss I think we were fighting atleast 5-6 active players, and it caught speed and bum rushed me mid fight, a pet shouldnt just slaughter the **** out of people if it gets free for 5 seconds

    its like out damaging every real class in the game by it self a pet -_- lol

    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Won't give name, no point in arguing with you. Can't show credit that you have even tried anything solo.

    Have a good one brotha. Hopefully the DAoC gods shine down and grant you the map changes needed for solo kite classes.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Won't give name, no point in arguing with you. Can't show credit that you have even tried anything solo.

    Have a good one brotha. Hopefully the DAoC gods shine down and grant you the map changes needed for solo kite classes.

    It`s about archery damage and the ability to solo something on the same skill and ra level in general, not about the toon i play or ganking some low bobs.

    Even if the solo spot would be a plain field, that wouldn`t make archers solo more.
  • Well clearly you're the only archer that can't manage to kill anything solo. Sorry bud idk what to tell you :)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Sounds like US logic to me :)
Sign In or Register to comment.