Why close posts so quickly?

I came on the forums to post a comment only to find both topics im interested in closed. Why close some so quickly?
Tagged:

Comments

• At first glance I thought this said "why close ports so quickly " and was like no she didn't ......
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • @Sapphy a topic is generally closed once it begins to deteriorate and break the Code of Conduct repeatedly. It is generally not a single comment. If you scroll up you can see I asked that the derailing stop, yet it continued.

I am considering adding derailing into the rules so mods can warn/ban as necessary.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited December 2018 PM
    I am considering adding derailing into the rules so mods can warn/ban as necessary.

[edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on
  • [pre-edited]
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • @Sapphy a topic is generally closed once it begins to deteriorate and break the Code of Conduct repeatedly. It is generally not a single comment. If you scroll up you can see I asked that the derailing stop, yet it continued.

I love that idea!

Please add this to the rules!! Rescu had a great discussion started about how relic are taken but sadly because of derailing it was closed. Would have been nice to hear other players ideas!

Make it happen captain!!!
  • @Carol I am very sad that Rescu's post was closed. That kind of post need to stay open so folks express their ideas and how they feel about it the event. Now I understand those who shouldn't be even be posting here, starting derailing should be ban from forum, but please don't close the forums because someone else, remove them instead, there's my 2 cents. And thank you mods are doing great job and you as well Carol :)
  • I agree I had posts where I thought the relic timer should be increased, but it got closed :(
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• I think derailing should be added to the CoC. The official forums are beginning to resemble Postcount a bit too much. In addition to derailing posts, people with multiple bans that continue to break the CoC should also be looked at for removal. Derailing and other intentionally negative conduct is going to continue to undermine the professionalism that an official forum strives to put forth to the player community.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    I think derailing should be added to the CoC. The official forums are beginning to resemble Postcount a bit too much. In addition to derailing posts, people with multiple bans that continue to break the CoC should also be looked at for removal. Derailing and other intentionally negative conduct is going to continue to undermine the professionalism that an official forum strives to put forth to the player community.

This is what you stated when you tried to derail my post about traps.

"It's not my thread and I am not an affiliate of Broadsword. My conduct is not bound to what you think it should be."
    HERORIUS

• It is sad when you see the people that are trying to derail certain topics. Some post useless comments for the sake of trying to get sections closed down quickly so that the real concerns are not allowed to be seen or commented on by others. It's understandable, those that post the garbage never think they do anything wrong anyway because they are always concerned about hiding their agenda and their actions.

I think adding the rule in would be an awesome idea! This way we could close down the fluff and get the trash comments removed from future discussions. After all, you leave the trash laying around long enough, it starts to stink. Let me know what I can do to help get this suggested, passed, and put into place. If there is someplace we have to sign to make it happen, I'll let plenty of people know about it.
  • Rescu wrote: »
    It is sad when you see the people that are trying to derail certain topics. Some post useless comments for the sake of trying to get sections closed down quickly so that the real concerns are not allowed to be seen or commented on by others. It's understandable, those that post the garbage never think they do anything wrong anyway because they are always concerned about hiding their agenda and their actions.

I think adding the rule in would be an awesome idea! This way we could close down the fluff and get the trash comments removed from future discussions. After all, you leave the trash laying around long enough, it starts to stink. Let me know what I can do to help get this suggested, passed, and put into place. If there is someplace we have to sign to make it happen, I'll let plenty of people know about it.

I agree ! Stop all derailment !
    HERORIUS

• I like the idea of adding derailment to the Code of Conduct in such a manner as to allow a post to continue. Please note that a topic can be reintroduced to allow for comments.
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    "It's not my thread and I am not an affiliate of Broadsword. My conduct is not bound to what you think it should be."

I don't see anything wrong with my statement, it was and continues to be the truth.

I say go for it Carol. There's no harm in updating the CoC, if for some reason it doesn't work out it's not like the CoC can't be amended in the future.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Natebruner wrote: »

I don't see anything wrong with my statement, it was and continues to be the truth.

I say go for it Carol. There's no harm in updating the CoC, if for some reason it doesn't work out it's not like the CoC can't be amended in the future.

That was your excuse for derailment. Is that going to be acceptable for all those who derail threads Carol ?
    HERORIUS

• Natebruner wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »
    Natebruner wrote: »

That was your excuse for derailment. Is that going to be acceptable for all those who derail threads Carol ?

It was my response to your charge. I was simply responding to another player's comment. Just because you feel it is derailing does not make it so. I have full confidence that those charged with the governance of the forum can decide for themselves what constitutes derailing.
  • I don't want excuses for derailment.
    HERORIUS

• i'd be down for a 3 strike rule added to this as well.

seems some think that getting banned on the daily is like a game in itself.
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Agreed :)
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    HERORIUS

• Agreed, but let's make it fun and have past infractions count towards that 3 strike, see how many agree then ;)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Rescu wrote: »
    It is sad when you see the people that are trying to derail certain topics. Some post useless comments for the sake of trying to get sections closed down quickly so that the real concerns are not allowed to be seen or commented on by others. It's understandable, those that post the garbage never think they do anything wrong anyway because they are always concerned about hiding their agenda and their actions.

beautifully put
  • edited January 2019 PM
    [ToS]
    Post edited by Midithir on
  • I like the idea of banning for de-railment. I would also vote to increase ban timer per offense. Arguably the most liberal state in the US has a 3 strikes and youre out rule. I wouldnt be opposed to a 10 strikes and your out rule. Just so people have time to adapt and learn. If you can't learn within that timeframe, so be it.

De-rail. Ban. Break ToS Ban.... ignore the rules... ban.....Do it 10 times..... pay the check before you leave please :wink: ....
  • why don't we all just get up and move to north korea and be done with^^
  • Lead the way.. we'll be right there.... "trust me " :wink:
  • [CoC]

Post edited by Glavit on January 6